October 05 Parents #248

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#51 ~~Determined~~

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Hey Meliss, I just got home from dinner out with Ryde EB girls, but I am heading to bed! Good to hear from you! As you can see, we will wonder if you are not around!!

Cathy - yep, lets just talk on the phone at 9am then.

Any otjer syd girsl that want to join us, call me or Cathy!

Korrine- glad you are all home!!

NIGHT!!!!

PS Syl - congrats!!
Kristy - hope you had a nice night in with DH (wink wink)

Oh Meliss - just checked my guess ... baby is due at 3am! So only 2 and 3/4 hours to go! YAY!

#52 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:27 AM

Oh ok you're going to bed... don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including mine) but i've had 5min appart contractions since 8pm... not painful really.. just intense (having to breath through them).

Hope its not a false start but either way i think its just the beginning.. very different to what i've had all week.

Will SMS Syl as promised if it developes further.

Going to bed... will report in in the morning.

Edited by MeLFunKTioN, 12 May 2007 - 12:20 AM.

#53 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

Couldn't lay down.. pain got worse.. going to time them all carefully now.

Typical that it all happens when no one is awake to talk to sad.gif

#54 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

Melissssssssssssssss

Anyone had any news????

#55 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:58 AM

I'm still here Karen

not getting any closer .. still very uncomfortable... going to wake Jared up soon and go for a walk to the shops... don't think i can handle another whole day of pains like this ... need them to progress so i can get it over and done with. I've had no sleep.

Just had one then... 56seconds.. will see how long til next one.

#56 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

oooohhh its happening!!!! Did it last 56 seconds?? You poor bugger!!!

Definitely go for that walk...and squat squat squat...do all you can to push your little girls head onto your cervix!

#57 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:05 AM

Yeah ... lasting anywhere from 40secs - 1min.. still coming every 5 - 6 mins.

Right need to get up and move

#58 henno

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:15 AM

Oooh Meliss, this is exciting hearing it unfold....what's happening now??

Was meant to have a lie in this morning while Charlotte slept and DH went to do our fruit and vege pickup from the markets, but of course charlotte woke when DH got up (all the noise he makes!!) so he left and she was awake and wanted me up!!

So been awake since 5.30am....yuk.

Korrine - lovely to hear from you, very lucky you were using your sids monitor. We had one but never bothered installing it under charlotte's cot. I think for the next one we will.

Karen - you up early again?? Was it jack being demanding again? Or are you just an early riser?

Danni - sure tale signs of teeth, i agree, Charlotte has been the same the last few weeks and her eye teeth (three of them) are coming through. Not a happy camper.

Ali - how was dinner?

Put charlotte to bed last night at 7.30 and she finally stopped talking, giggling and wriggling around at 8.45pm! Was hoping that would mean i got a sleep in this morning, but as i said above, 5.30 was our waking time this morning...aaaargh. Glad tomorrow is mother's day and i can get a sleep in.

Hi celeste. Hope you got a sleep in this morning.

Kristy - what movie did you watch? Did you actually watch any of it?? blush.gif  wub.gif

Well better sort out brekkie for little miss.
Will check in later to see if there's movement at the station (meliss station that is).
Deb

#59 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:24 AM

So exciting Meliss...

Korrine, how scary about Jesse! So glad to hear both boys are home safe and sound now.

Deb, soccer this morning otherwise i would still be in bed nice and warm. Have to be on the otherside of Campbelltown by 8.30am

#60 Purple_Gecko

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

Meliss
Well I said a few weeks ago i think saturday...I was just wrong which saturday  laughing2.gif
I hope they get bigger and better. I agree with Karen....squatting is good.....
Good luck...i so hope this is it...... wub.gif

#61 SimplySweet

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

Morning

How exciting. I hope this is it Meliss. Bummer I won't be around today to read your posts. Hope I have lots to read when I get home. Syl, please sms me with the news as soon as you know, pretty please.

The SA girls have decided they will keep secrets now and tell noone (but one or two) when they are in labour or getting induced so you know nothing (or they tell you a porky) and then you get a birth announcement. So boring. I love to hear the happenings, love to know what's happening.
So tell all (well what you can handle)  laughing2.gif

Karen, Have fun at soccer.

Deb, We had Pursuit of Happiness and no we didn't watch it. We are tonight though.

I have footy today from 12-5pm. I have to go down to the ANZ this morning to activate my card and make B and J their own bank accounts. And then go to HN to print some piccies and buy some frames. Tonight we are probably going to the Quiz night at the footy club. We hadn't booked a table so not sure yet. Not sure I want to go yet, I won't be able to focus with A as she loves to do a runner at the club (goes outside with the kids all the time) See what happens.
Tomorrow have to leave at 8.20am for footy match then go visit one of our mums then be at another match at 11.30am then presentations at 2.30pm then to another mums after that, about 4pm, then home about 6pm for dinner. Lovely mothers day  wacko.gif  tongue.gif

Enjoy your weekends everyone

(I'll keep checking in Meliss when I can for any news, fingers crossed for you)

#62 Purple_Gecko

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

I hate waiting......

Meliss you better not all of a sudden have a fast labour. Amanda has dancing this morning....wait till i get home at 12 and then have her before i leave at 3.30  biggrin.gif

Ben and Chris have their first BMX races today...

With my headache whoever asked.....
Is it from my neck? No i think it is because of my sinus issue. My face is swollen under the eyes and there is pressure accross my face and behind my ears.

Can my neck be fixed?
That will depend on what the bone scan shows. The CT showed only the lordosis so now I have to have a bone scan. Apparently my bones might be to strong and rather than painfully wear away to make room for the lordosis straigtening they just compact together and grind against everything else. But this is speculation just now.

#63 Bloomer

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

My precious little number 2 wole at 6:30 calling out I left  her playing for an hour and Grace I think would have slept in until 8. Always the way.

Wonder if Melissa is in labour..

Alison just feeding Grace..

#64 Purple_Gecko

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

Cathy
I wish Neek would just play when she woke...she screams.

#65 SimplySweet

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

Alyssa will talk and play for about 20mins then she starts yelling loudly and banging the wall. She has a bottle as soon as she gets up though, that's a must

#66 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

Just got back from big walk... that did the trick... much stronger now.

#67 Tam76

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

Yay Meliss, hope everything is going well.  Just getting ready for work here so will keep popping on to get updates while I can.

#68 My Four Boys

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

Morning everyone.

Just popping in to see how Meliss is doing.
Meliss- sounds like today or tomorrow you will be meeting your newest addition to your family! Well I hope so for you. Wishing you an amazing labour! Can't wait to hear news.

Hello to everyone else. I haven't read, just so busy. We pick up the keys on monday so then the fun will really start. I can't wait lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mothers Day tomorrow.

I'll try popping on during the week if I get a chance.. I think the computer will be one of the last things to move as it will take a few weeks for it to be reconnected  sad.gif .

#69 SimplySweet

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

One more post to 4000 Meliss  tongue.gif

#70 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:08 AM

4000th Post !!

Told you i'd make 4000 before bub was born !!

Fiona:
Will message you as soon as i pop.

Going to do some squats.

#71 My Four Boys

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Meliss- Thanks.. my phone won't leave my side! Rest and have a great experience! I'll be thinking of you..

#72 Bloomer

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

Meliss had to have a last look before i leave think today is the day.  Good luck hope all goes well..

#73 SimplySweet

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

I'm signing off too  sad.gif  Bugger  tongue.gif

Meliss, So excited, phone will be in my pocket.
Hope all goes great. Can't wait to hear and see piccies of your new little girl. So excited for you.

Fiona, Hope the move in goes well. Hope it doesn't take weeks to connect up. I would demand that first, hehehehe. Why would it take so long hun??

Tam, Enjoy your day at work!

Cya girls

#74 My Four Boys

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

Kristy- thanks.They told me it will take up to 14 days to do whatever they have to do to get broadband on the line. I can have dial up during that time but I now only have a broadband modem and am not sure whether I can dial up on that? I'll have to ask lol. I'll have terrible withdrawal symptoms otherwise  roll2.gif .

#75 mel83

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

Oh yay Meliss!!! Looks like I will be the only onea round today. I want up to date details tongue.gif  I'm like Kristy and like to know whats going on step by step  laughing2.gif

Fiona- How are you feeling hun?? Sorry you got mixed reactions from your family. I know what thats like and they don't even know I want number 4. Good luck with the move, bugger you will have no net. You will have to SMS us. Is your mobile number on MSN??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.