May 06 Parents #144

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#51 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

cool.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif

#52 ribenaberrie

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:13 AM

I have no idea who our secret santa and first birthday fairy was! Do they want to tell me?  tongue.gif

I actually can't even remember who I sent my secret santa present to! LOL! pg brain... pg brain...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELLA AND ZACH!!!

Hope you both have a lovely day.

Jules - I wash my bubblebubs just normally without laundry bags and they come out still really soft and nice. original.gif They are so soft and fluffy though aren't they? wub.gif

I am working from home today and I can't find my glasses so am struggling to read the screen.  wacko.gif

BBL!

Edited by ribenaberrie, 23 May 2007 - 09:14 AM.

#53 ellacy

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GORGEOUS GIRL!  cclap.gif  cry1.gif
&
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH
eexcite.gif

My emotions are all over the place today. I just keep staring at Ella and cant believe she is already one. My heart feels like it is going to burst with love and happiness. But then at the same time i think i could start crying and any second. I just cant wait for DH to get home so we can have some family time - he is finishing early today so we can take Ella down to the park and give her her presents.

Thank you everyone for her birthday wishes.

BTW - I have no idea who my secret santa was - someone from QLD. And Ella hasnt got her birthday fairy present yet sad.gif

BBL

#54 ellacy

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

I do have to admit that I also JUST made it in time for my birthday fairy present. I too was very thankful for express post! So dont stress birthday fairy - im sure its on its way...

Erin - I was talking to dh last night about the past year and how "at times" I thought i couldnt cope any longer. But now I look back and am proud. What a journey - We've all made it so i think all us mummies deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

#55 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

Kristie - You'll make me cry if you keep it up!!

#56 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

Aha! So the nappy was from you Britt??? wink.gif

Soooo Erin... were you my secret santa? Im sure it was somewhere starting with a 'C' in QLD, and I figured it out to be either you or Beck and Beck said it wasnt her wink.gif

So while I am here, does anyone want to see the pram I bought?? Its pink! And cheap as wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...:B:EOIBSA:AU:11

Edited by **Slappy**, 23 May 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#57 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:33 AM

Well I am clueless then  unsure.gif I was SO SURE it was one of you two! Now I cant think of who else is in QLD... Shari maybe?

#58 ribenaberrie

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

Rhiannon - That is such a cute pram!  wub.gif Now I want to get one too!  biggrin.gif Bargain price too! No wonder you couldn't resist. tongue.gif

#59 ellacy

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

ooh mine (secret santa) was from a "c" place in QLD and i thought Erin but it wasnt her so now Im think Beck? (thanks for the tip Rhiannon!)

Britt - Sorry forgot you were a sook like me. I will "try" and not be too sentimental anymore today but cant promise anything.... lol...

Edited by kristies80, 23 May 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#60 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

Happy Birthday Ella

Happy Birthday Zach

Hope you both have a great day.

Oliver is sick today so I couldn't go to prac today. I so didn't want to miss a day as I have to make it up at the end which just prolongs it. He was vomitting a lot last night and again this morning so he couldn't go to care today.

Best be off to deal with him. I might actually get back hear today if it isn't too crazy and he has a sleep.

Dani x

PSLOL about guessing everyone's secret santa etc.

Kristie and Rhiannon you both need to keep guessing for your secret santa. LOL tongue.gif

Edited by oli-bear, 23 May 2007 - 10:02 AM.

#61 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

Soooooo.... was it you Dani? This is going to bug me now until I figure out who it was!

#62 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Rhiannon
It wasn't me. LOL but I think I know who it was. I shouldn't be the spoiler though. tongue.gif

Dani

#63 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

Arrrgggghhh. There is a conspiracy here!  wink.gif

#64 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Dani - I hope Oliver is not sick on his b'day tomorrow, poor bubba.

Well the Pay Office at work have stuffed my pay up, I was supposed to get paid for my Mandatory Education day, my boss said she would put in a timesheet for me. Well no pay for me today, I've rung the Pay Office, they said that it is all computerised now, they don't actually have a paper copy of my timesheet, so now my boss has to put in a variation form.

The work roster is full at the moment, and I've put in my days of preference for work, but there has been no communication about whether I can expect any shifts next roster or anything.

My Boss is unreal, but oh so super busy all the time and I find it really hard to ring her and talk to her about it because I don't want to be seen to be annoying her. But my self esteem is rapidly going through the floor because I so badly wanted to go back to work, but no-one seems too interested. The Emergency Dept is going through major renovations at the moment, so I get that it is a stress for everyone in an already very stressful dept. All i want is a few shifts to get me back into it.

No offence to anyone that stays at home, but I don't want to stay at home, i want to get back into my career. My life feels very mundane.

Okay sorry if that all makes no sense, but I need to get it off my chest. Everytime I ring up to talk to my boss, she is away, or at a meeting, or extremely busy and I'm feeling a bit abandoned.

#65 ***jules***

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Happy Birthday Ella!!!!

Happy Birthday Zach!!!!

Look at my new sig that Erin made last night!!! Thanks Erin!

Britt - I can imagine you do feel a bit abandoned.  It is probably not on purpose or anything though.  HR stuff at my work always took so long.  I have been in contact with my work to say I can work casual a day here and there if they need me, the were all excited and said yes and i haven't heard from them in 6 months!!!

Edited by comjulia123, 23 May 2007 - 10:32 AM.

#66 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Britt
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same last year. Now I don't feel that way and sometimes wish I was back at home full time. I know though if I were then I would be feeling mundane again or life would be.

I hope Oliver isn't sick too. Finger crossed.

Dani

PS
Sorry to hear about them stuffing up your pay.

Edited by oli-bear, 23 May 2007 - 10:33 AM.

#67 wca

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

BRITT> No offence taken wink.gif To be honest with you, I've been in tears on and off this morning because of that reason ph34r.gif I think I have PMS so it probably makes it worse but I am feeling pretty unfulfilled and stangant.

Anyway BBL for personals, feeling pretty crap today and have no energy to post,

Annixx

#68 chloeandmaddison

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ELLA

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ZACH

Erin: Oh that postcard sounds so cute. WOW apart from the whole carseat thing Mick really outdid him self in making sure you were included in the whole trip with being there iykwim?
I also got a bubblebubs email asking if I still wanted them and I paid the same night. I hope they are still available.

Chels: I hope you are feeling better and it passes soon.

Rhiannon: The pram looks great. I want one now and weíre not even pregnant with no2. Iím an impulse buyer when buying over the net then I end up with buyers remorse but if Iím in a shop I spent ages trying to make up my mind. Iím so indecisive, drive DH mad. Let us know what itís like when it arrives.

Dani: Hope poor Oliver is feeling better soon.

BBL monkey is crawling all over me for attention

#69 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

Anni - Actually come to think of it, AF is probably due for me, i keep crying at stupid stuff on the TV.

Jules - Yep, HR was like OMG can you start right away? I laughed, and they said "No really, when can you start". I swear if I went to a hospital in Sydney, they'd chuck a uniform at me and tell me to start right there and then.

They say that in QLD alone, they are short 40,000 Nurses, and the problem will only get worse because most nurses are at retirement age, meaning in a few years, there will be so many leaving to retire, and they arn't able to replace them.  They are importing Nurses from overseas. It is ridiculous.

I'm starting to think maybe they don't like me.

#70 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

Britt - so what is it like being a nurse? I am going to apply for it next year. The TER is REALLY low to get in because there is such a nursing shortage... Looks like I will have to study it externally though, because I cant afford the frikkin childcare to be able to study internally  rant.gif

#71 ribenaberrie

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

Britt - Sorry to hear HR is stuffing you around and stuffed up your pay. Its so annoying when they take so long to do stuff and then get it wrong and you have to wait even longer for them to fix it up.  glare.gif I think HR everywhere is the same. I am sure its not because they don't like you that they haven't gotten back to you though. original.gif

Bubblebubs - As much as I like them and Vicki and Caryn are wonderful, it seems to be a bit of a mess lately.  wacko.gif Before I used to get replies pretty much straight away when I email them about something and now I have to wait for at least a day.  glare.gif Plus I got a GNST in the first batch that came out and then sold it on and apparently the bamboo I got was poor quality (it is natural color and not white) and also one side of the snaps are totally wrong!!  ohmy.gif I didn't even realise until the person I sold it to told me and now I feel so bad!  sad.gif I emailed them about this yesterday morning and still haven't heard back!  mad.gif Hope you girls get the nappy you scored. I have heard others say when the nappy they scored was oversold, Vicki did offer them another one, although when it happened to me, I didn't get offered another!  rant.gif Sorry, this sort of got side tracked into a vent.  blush.gif

Back to work for me now.

#72 ChampersGal

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

Morning Girls.
Firstly sorry for the lack of personals.

Sorry i haven't been on the last few days. I was feeling a bit sick at work on Monday and I got a call from Mum to say that Thomas had vomited everywhere.  wacko.gif  Anyway so I tell her im not feeling well either and that Im coming home. well I made it halfway before i threw up all over myself in the car.  :vomit:  NOICE. Anyway I was sick as a dog all night Monday, so was Thomas and Ava. My mum had to stay the night to help my DH cope with us all.  :worship: . It was bloody hideous. Anyway im back at work today. Hopefully will be able to catch up on reading all the posts and make some more comments tonight. Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Cheers
Shannon

Edited by champersgal, 23 May 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#73 *~hotchocolate~*

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ELLA

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ZACK

DH is home today so i will catch up later.
Bye.
Jean

#74 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY BOY!!!!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ELLA!!!!

So far we have had a fantastic day opened our pressies when we woke up and went to pizzahut for lunch with all his little friend he past out in the car 1 min after we left will post some photos tonight.

#75 -Screamapillar-

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Happy Birthday Ella and Zach!

Congrats Sarah! BFP.gif

Our neighbours are moving this weekend and have offered us their house. It's a 4 bedroom for $25 less aweek than the other house we have applied for. Hopefully we get it, as moving will be heaps easier wink.gif  Just hope we can still move next weekend...........

Britt- I can understand what you mean about work. I feel a little bored and useless at home.
I was wondering what it was like to be a nurse too, I am contemplating a career change when our family is complete and was thinking of doing some study......

Anyway, I'm supposed to be cleaning and packing ph34r.gif

Hopefully will BBL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.