Previous thread

All the best to you all.

Regards

Ali

#2 ~*Bubsy*~

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

GOLD!!!!!
Wow, I think its the first Gold I've gotten in at least 6 months!!! LOL
How are you all doing??? I'm readin the Alan Carr book at the moment but finding it hard to get quiet time to read it with Kitchen Renos going on!! GRRRR

Hope your all doing well original.gif
Will check in tomorrow, its TOO QUIET in here. My typing is echoing..... Tounge1.gif

#3 --shazlee--

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

its TOO QUIET in here. My typing is echoing

tell me about it Kylie.

Hope you are going well.

DH came home the other morning and busted me blush.gif . So we decided today is quit attempt 3. The day was going well till this arvo when the mess in the house issed me right off. I was yelling at the cat, Lacey, the dog, the teddies....you name it rant.gif . I just wanted that 'one' smoke. I worked out it was just the time to me i craved, as Ash was busy working thw back. I got throught it. I had a big glass of water, and blow me down, it worked! I thought that was a load of sh*t, but nope, i got through it.

Better go before i strangle Jacob for not doing his reader!

Support to all... original.gif

Edited by ♥Shazlee♥ , 17 June 2007 - 07:23 PM.

#4 --shazlee--

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

sh*t sh*t sh*t. I hate tese days. Lacey is p*ssing me off and all i wanna do is have 5 mins to myself. I wold usually go and smoke, but i am not going to do that, so what am i spose to do?
I haven't had one since Sat night and this time i am giving up wothout using anything. I shokld have been on the patches, but am worried to use one 4 days after my last to get me through. I now think it is just the habit rant.gif .

I can do this.

Anyone wanna join me?

#5 lilmissmars

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Just cruising the buddy threads and couldnt not reply to you.

YES you CAN do this and your doing damn well to not have one for a few days!

I know its hard as to stop but once you do it for good you will feel so much better! I quit cold turkey and it took time to stop wanting to grab a smoke every time i was stressed or p*ssed off but it does get easier.

I also found it better (after many failed attempts at stopping) to say that you are "stopping" smoking rather than "quiting" smoking.
The quiting thing just has a negative connotation to it that really didnt put me in a good frame of mind since when you quit other things its usually a bad thing iykwim?

So I say to tell yourself that you are STOPPING smoking because it sounds more like all of the power is in your hands and it sounds much stronger biggrin.gif , and will hopefully make you stronger in your resolve to stop for good

Good luck!

Edited by ~Chelsea~, 22 June 2007 - 07:11 PM.

#6 emmasmama

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi girls

I thought I would pop my head in here. I am a smoker and am trying to quit but with things fairly stressful in my life at the moment I am finding it very hard to do...

#7 --shazlee--

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

Hey all. I am going sooo well. I am happy and i am not punishing myself for having one with a girlfriend twice a week. sh*t, it is better that what i was doing before.

Thanks ~Chelsea~. I have remembered your advice since i first read it. Helped me heaps.

Welcome Mandy. How are you?

#8 --shazlee--

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

I'm baaaaack. I just had a weeks holiday with my fam. And i tell ya, it was lovely not to have to worry about finding time to have a smoke!.

Loved it original.gif .

How is everyone else??

#9 kazzey

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

hello,

I couldnt help but pop in and say how hard it is to stop smoking!!!!!!!!

My DH and I wanted a family but he was a non smoker and said he just wouldnt try fro a family until I quit. So I went cold Turkey on the 25th April 06!!! I lasted ok- had a few lapses at parties and when AF arrived each month after being so good. I actually had my VERY last smoke on October 28th 06. As the next month AF did not arrive and I was pregnant!!

I have to say as someone who believed in the beginning this will NEVER get easier it DOES get easier. I am so proud of myself that I have not picked up a smoke since the month before I fell pregnant that I know I have given my little boy the best chance I can!!!

For those trying I know how hard it is and I wish you all the best of luck it is truly the most difficult thing to do!!

#10 --shazlee--

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Bump...

Very grumpy today. Coulda gone a whole pack today sad.gif

#11 rollagirl

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Hiya,

Just been referred to this buddy group by ~A2~, so thought I stop in for a read.

DP and I started our non smoking journey about 4am saturday morning, and we haven't had any since.  I know its only a few days, but we are getting there...slowly but surely.

I reall feel like a smoke right now, but we haven't any in the house, so I will have to go without.

I  hands.gif  we can do this.

And I hope everyone is doing well.

rollagirl

#12 rollagirl

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:50 AM

Well its day 4, as we had a relapse on monday.

So far only one fight, and DP had a smoke and all was good again.  

hands.gif we can make it further.....

#13 --shazlee--

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

well done rollagirl cclap.gif  cclap.gif . Keep it up biggrin.gif . The best thing about not smoking, is the lovely smell original.gif  .

I have relapsed cry1.gif . Am stronger to try again though...

#14 FabCakes

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone,,,

Can i join in?

I have quit before only with the Allen Carr book which is right next to me!!  i didn't smoke for 1 mth, and let me tell you it was the best feeling of my life!  Anyways, i started smoking again when my daughter ended up in hospital with severe case of gastro and seeing my mum and DH outside constantly going for a cigarette when i was sooooo stressed i went out and joined them! stupid decision!!!!

Anyways, i then re-read the book but it didn't do it for me the second time around therefore i went to the clinic and again i quit for another month....  the clinic is quite expensive and you do get your money back if you keep smoiking after 3 mths...

So here i am,,,,, i am determined to quit with the Allen Carr method but i guess its been qutie hard for me to get that quiet time so i can keep reading and truly concentrate.  I have an active 2 yr old and she goes to daycare twice a week,,,,, but i'm going to start reading the book tonite and will need your support please original.gif

Anyways, i'm all over the place right now.... i guess i'm also hormonal and just want to quit this filthy habit

Cheers
Antz

#15 Road_to_somewhere

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

I have only recently given up smoking and it was the hardest thing ever, all I can suggest is every time you feel like one, or need the time to yourself, jump on EB! And always remember, YOU CAN DO IT!
If you ever need help pm me,
good luck in the journey, and I'm hoping it does get better, even though I quit months ago, I still get the craving, just not as bad.

#16 Shiny Star

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

Hi,

Can I join in too please?  A big Congratulations to everyone else who has made the decision to stop smoking.

I have stopped once or twice, for very short periods of time...I always give in and have just one that leads to many more. I think I'm ready now to stop for good!  Honestly, I don't know why I smoke in the first place....

The bad points (a small selection):
==> It costs way too much money
==> It makes everything smell
==> I have to wash my hair every day to get rid of the smoke residue
==> I feel ashamed when my kids see me smoking
==> Smokers are in the minority socially, and usually have to leave the group to have a smoke
==> I don't smoke with the kids in the car, but I do smoke in the car during my 1.5 hours each way to & from work, therefore the car stinks!  I am too embarrassed about the smell to let anyone in my car
==> I can feel the damage being done to my body...I get 'puffed' easily, and can feel the tightness in my chest
==> I resist seeing the doctor 'cause I know he'll tell me to stop.

The good points: ABSOLUTELY NONE ... so why is it so hard???

#17 FabCakes

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

Ummmm correct me if i'm wrong, its hard for me because its a nicotine addiction....

Though in saying soooo,,,,, i have quit a different drug so this one is not impossible to do either.

Antz

#18 naturalgoodness

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hello Everyone,

I quit smoking 4 weeks ago this Sunday. I will not say that it has been easy, but I am proud to have been able to go this long!  biggrin.gif

After smoking for the best part of 20 years, through 3 other pregnancies I had always said that I would give up when I didn't WANT to do it anymore, not because someone said I shouldn't (ohh that seems so selfish in hindsight blush.gif ).

One Sunday afternoon after finishing another cigarette that had made me dry retch and feel sick, I decided that I didn't like it anymore and announced to my DH that I quit. That cigarette had been the last in the packet, and was the last one that I had.

There have been many days when I have wanted to have one again..... huh.gif especially when I am at home by myself and am feeling bored (in the past I would have taken my book outside and had a cigarette!), but I have had a drink of water - rather then eat tongue.gif and the feeling has passed.

If its ok with the rest of you guys, I might lurk around a bit and gather moral support on days when I feel tempted - also I am happy to be of support to anyone that is having trouble if they would like it.

Good Luck to everyone

#19 weekendsrule

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

Someone is after a stop smoking support thread in the pregnancy forum, so I thought I'd find this and bump it up original.gif

I currently smoke around 8 - 10 a day.  I want to cut down then quit.  I have no support from either the quitline or my GP (any that I've seen) as I have a mental illness and my smoking is related to it.  In order to stop one 'addiction and bad coping strategy' (SI) I've had to continue smoking.  And I'm probably the most selfish person on earth because I don't apologise for that, or feel guilty.  Ok, maybe a little bit guilty.  Maybe a lot sometimes.  Generally though I'm just getting through one day at a time the best I can.

At the moment I have one when I feel like it (as long as it works in with what my family is doing - I smoke in the back corner of the yard, so need DH to look out for DS while I'm up there).  I'd like to change that to having one at a specific time or occassion (i.e. after dinner).  Once it becomes a habit that coincides with something else, I feel it will easier to replace it with something else iykwim.  If I'm totally crazy, feel free to point out the error in my logic lol.

How's everyone going with quitting???

#20 lisacat

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:07 PM

Hi all,

I am a 27yr old smoker who has been smoking for 11 yrs  cry1.gif  

I would like to give up smoking before I have any children as I dont want to pass on this habit to another generation (im 4th gen of smokers that I know of)

I have bought the Allan Carr book and am hoping this helps, I am here looking for and willing to support others on this hard journey.

#21 ~A2~

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hi everyone

Bumping this up for members who have requested one of these.

I am hoping it stopped because everyone was able to Quit but feel free to check in here or rejoin in you are still trying to 'kick the habit'.

Regards and the best of luck with it.

Ali

#22 MummaSgettie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thank you so much ~A2~ for bumping this for me! biggrin.gif

Well I am up to a week smoke free and although yesterday was one of the worst so far, today i feel on top of the world. I have tried to cut down my coffee consumption and up my water intake which seems to have made a big difference. I have also restocked all my "crunchy" foods ie. celery, nuts and corn cakes. I have found that crunching is really helping as I had been clenching my jaw which was killing my teeth.

So who  else is quitting/planning to quit or completely reformed? Also what methods did you use/are planning to use?

I am using patches as I was advised by the GP that with my history of depression Champix could be very dangerous. The patches are working but I had been leaving them on overnight which was causing insomnia and the weirdest dreams. Now I take the patch off as I go to bed and then put on a fresh one in the morning.

Goodluck to everyone that is currently quitting and to everyone that is planning to quit - if I can do it after 17 years of smoking up to 35 a day anyone can do it!

#23 ~A2~

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi all

Just checking in and bumping this up.

Would love to know if you were successful with the quitting.

If reading this for the first time feel free to join.

Regards

Ali

#24 Purelle

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Found out I was pregnant just over a week ago. I have cut down from about 20 a day to only eight. I'm hoping to be on quit day by Sunday. Hoping I get

#25 Purelle

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

To quit day on Sunday. I just hate being a big Argo nasty pasty !!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.