Non-vaccinated Kids Discussion #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#26 blissfulqueenb

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:01 AM

Bloomin heck... what's next?  Yea, cause little babes are so sexually active aren't they?  How ridiculous.

#27 =Araminta=

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

Hi, I too have decided to not vaccinate my DD2 after my two older children have been vaccinated.  Do I get the objection form from medicare, does a dr need to sign it?
I understand homeopathic immunisation is controversial within the field of natural therapies?  I am tossing up weather to use it, Issac Golden lives nearby and I am already seeing him.

#28 daffodil27

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

OMG at that article!
BTW what parent would put their child up for this???
proposal to conduct trials in babies up to a few months old

JennyBear -  being that your previous 2 kids have been vaccinated, what made you change your mind?

here is the link to medicare where you can down load the objection form,

#29 macymoo

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hi There,

My children have had most of their immunisations but they are not having the MMR or the Flu vaccine.  These 2 still contain mercury as their preservative.  Mercury is highly toxic in minute doses and I will not give these 2 to my child.

Also in most overseas countries MMR can be given seperately so not to bombard the childs system with 3 live vaccines all at once, but here you can only get all 3 in 1 needle.  Funny I saw an interview with the ex British prime minister Tony Blair about vaccines as England has a lot of non vaccinated kids and Mr Blair would not confirm that his kids had received the 3 in 1 needle - to me that means he wouldn't do it, does he know something we don't?

Julia

#30 miss-monnie

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

mmmmm id love to see that interview with tony blair.

#31 ~Edie~

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Just popping my head in, both my eldest daughter had her vaccinations delayed..then against my better judgement we decided to vaccinate our 2nd child according to the normal schedule.

Now after alot of issues with him that arose after his MMR we've decided not to vaccinate our youngest (shes had up to her 6 month needles)

What should we do from here?

#32 PuntersWife

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi there everyone
I'm new to these forums. I was looking for some support on non-vaccination and found it here!
I have a two year old, who has had his 2,4,6 month shots, before I realised the dangers of 'immunisation'. I refuse to let him have his MMR shots now.  I am currently pregnant and I don't intend to vaccinate this one.  

My naturopath never pushed it, but I asked her about vaccinations, and she gave me some reading material and told me about homeopathic immunisation.  She said that the reason that herbal/homeopathic remedies will never be 'big business' is because they are natural, ie can't be 'invented' and therefore can't be patented by a company.  So there is not really a lot of money in them.  However, pharmaceutical companies are making gazillions by highly endorsed and regulated vaccinations (I'm sure the govt gets their kickback) so why wouldn't they try to convince everyone that they need it or else your child WILL get sick and probably die if they don't. They are highly invested in convincing the world that vaccinations are absolutely necessary for each and every child.
The thing that really sets off warning bells for me is how vaccinations are really pushed down your neck, in fact doctors etc get extremely defensive if you say you haven't vaccinated your child.  I had a midwife at the ECC really get on her high horse and practically act as though I was an irresponsible mother when I told her Harry hadn't had his MMR. I had a lively debate with her about it, I'm a confident 39 year old and it was rough going for me, what chance has an inexperienced 25 yo mother got against that kind of browbeating?? When scare tactics are involved I get highly suspicious.  If it is such a good idea is scare-mongering really necessary?  There is also a lot of propaganda on government websites about this subject. When I tried to tell other mums about the dangers of vaccination I met with arguments and was considered a bit 'cranky', and I am a pretty intelligent and rational person!

What I would like to change is to get Homeopathic Prophylaxis recognised by the government and schools, and to prevent schools requiring vaccination status on enrolment.  To have it otherwise amounts to coercion and discrimination.
To have people say that naturopathy and homeopathy doesn't work is ignorant in the extreme when they have never even tried it.  Amongst the various things natural medicine has helped our family with (where conventional medicine/s couldn't) are: CMV (like glandular fever), chronic headaches, thrush, colds, ross river virus, and conception.
I also had my system cleared of mercury before I became pregnant, if it causes brain damage and birth defects why wouldn't it cause autism in infants??  To me there have been a lot of cases of autism recently, and I don't think you can rule out vaccination as a cause, as the government seems so ready to do.  I don't know everything about vaccination, but I do smell a rat, and I don't think people should accept information (especially from people who are financially motivated) as gospel without questioning it.
Anyway I will enjoy reading this thread and getting more information and stories for my 'case'.   If anyone is interested I can recommend reading material (usually ordered over the net).

[/quote]It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.[quote]
Al Gore quoting Upton Sinclair, An Inconvenient Truth

#33 daffodil27

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

harryandtobysmum -  interesting post! Would love an recomended reading material!  original.gif

I have just got my copy of "Just a Little Prick" in the mail today - very excited to start reading it! biggrin.gif

~Θεοδώρα~
What should we do from here?
I think to make it official you should get your objection form in and then I believe its a constant journey of education - like all health issues should be!

Anyone got any links for that Tony Blair interview!

Something totally frivulous that I always wondered which stems from when I was researching an article on vaccinations in my prekids days - I wonder if any high profile people or celebs DONT vaccinate their children???? Would be interesting if any came out to give a high profile look at those who DONT!

#34 whatsonemore

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hi another non Vaccinated children here, I was not vaccinated and nor are my children just found this thread so great to knew there are other that don't vaccinate

cheers

#35 daffodil27

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

threexcutties -  welcome! Why were you not vaccinated? Were your parents quite informed???

My MIL is quite alternative (in a very non conventional way, she is also very traditional) but my DH and SIL were not vaccinated. My SIL is now a chiropractor.

MIL just talks about keeping her mouth shut and avoiding the MHN to avoid the discussion of vaccination in a time when they were jabbing kids left right and centre (as they now I guess to!)

finding the social aspect of "just a little Prick" quite interesting. As we all know, there seem to be a multi-challenge with not vacinating, its a medical debate and well as a social one - the social pressure and bullying can be quite instense!

#36 *Bobcat*

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Another non-vaccinator here.

Our paediatrician was very supportive. Actually, we sort him out for exactly that reason. I'm a naturopath and had recommended this guy to some of my patients. Very impressed with his attitude.

A friend of mine had a hard time with their Dr and she asked him to quote her the safe levels of each of the preservatives etc and then to calculate the safe dose for a 3kg baby. He couldn't do it and didn't mention vaccination again!

It's a personal choice and everyone should respect that.

#37 sonyamummy

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

I am so glad to discover this discussion!! biggrin.gif  My DP has done lots of research about vaccination and we decided pre kids to not vaccinate and neither of our kids have ever had any vaccinations.
Evn though I know I have done the right thing, I sometimes doubt our decision especially when talking with friends who have all decided to vaccinate and especially in laws. We were told that we were 'irseponsible parents' etc which is quite hurtful.
The pressure from staff when I was having both kids was unbelievable. When DD was born, every shift change someone questioned why we weren't immunising. I got quite upset especially being a new mum. With DS they started on me again and I was stronger in my convictions and more confident. I am also lucky that DP was very strong in this area, he started quoting facts and statistics and shut them up every time. (including our ex doctor)
I know we have made the right decision but it sure helps knowing there are other parents who have the courage to stand by their convictions, rather then follow the herd because we are told to immunise.

I will definately be following this thread.
Thankyou

#38 melapril

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi,  we have just returned from a 6 weeks trip to europe. before flying out of london we stayed with brother and sister in law in london for a couple of days. they have a 1 year old girl who had just been given MMR vaccination a few days before we arrived. my 2 year old son is not immunised. i did have a brief thought that i hope he dosent catch anything from her, but was so tired and jetlagged didnt give it anymore thought. (also there wasnt much i could do about it, we had to stay with them) now a week later my son has had high temps for 3 days and has now broken out in a blotchy rash. we are off to the doctors this arvo to get him checked out.

i really hope its not measles or ruebella (if it is, its been a mildish case, so in that regard we are lucky and hopefully this will give him immunity)but i have a nagging feeling that it is. im feeling very annoyed at the brother and sister in law, they know our son is not immunised and therefore could've delayed it until we had left london (it was only a few days) or at least given us some warning! the first i knew about it was noticing blotches on their daughters face and asking about it and was told it was from the MMR.

anyways, will report back on what the doctor says.

thankfully the fever seems to have gone and all that is left is the rash and my son is doing ok with it. still very frustrating though!!!

thanks for the vent

Mel

#39 macymoo

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

Mel,

I really hope your little one is ok, this is another thing that really bugs me.  When you go to get your child vaccinated with a live vaccine like the MMR you are rarely told to keep your child away from non-vaccinated kids or people with low immunity.  It says it somewhere in the blue book but it's usually overlooked by doctors.  But what are you supposed to do when you have a child who gets vaccinated and you have a new baby at home - there must be some sort of risk to their younger siblings? but if they told you that it would mean less vaccination and that's why they keep everyone in the dark about this situation.

#40 whatsonemore

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

Daffodil74~ I was not vacc because after my sibling were Vacc they had lot of problems so mum chose not to vacc me, yes my parent have always been into the natural way of doing things.

#41 daffodil27

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

melapril -  doubt your SIL would have know TBH, as like macymoo says its not like Drs inform parents of the possibility of contracting  the disease from the vaccination.

How was your trip BTW? What did you doctor say?

I think by not vaccinating you sort of have to work on building the immune system so it has the best possibility to fight whats comes its way. Its not like you can run away from the germs or the exposure at times!  original.gif

#42 2beautifulgirls

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

Hi there,

I am new to this section, but have read all the posts.
Breif history:  I  had DD1 and DD2 vaccinated ( only need 4yr old ones????).  Did this because well i never knew any better and thought vaccines were 100% safe etc.

well, with DD3 i have done my research and am NOT going to vaccinate. She did have her birth shot of HepB cry1.gif
Which i very much regret now, but at the time i was just happy to have my DD3 and was not really clear headed about it all. So i agreed to have it. mad.gif

Question : How do i order a copy of "just a little prick", i went to the website.  Do i email and then send cheque to them for the postage/donation.  How does it work ?

#43 daffodil27

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

How do i order a copy of "just a little prick"

email them and ask for a copy, once you have recieved it then you can send a donation!  biggrin.gif

Reading now and loving it!

#44 2beautifulgirls

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for that daffodil27.

#45 nicolelh

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

HI All,
glad to find this thread.

I am currently deciding what to get and what not to get, vax wise for DD 4 months. so far, only one dose of rotarix, which I'm already regretting, but anyway.

I will post more for now - but - 2 questions:

can someone please please please recommend a supportive GP or Paed in brisbane (preferably both, preferably in the northside?)

also - just asking about the child with possible measles - isn't it better that they DO get it?

while they're young? especially rubella for girls - it's such a ridiculously mild disease in kids - I would have thought that getting the diseases is desirable while they're young if they're not vaxxed. It's a genuine question, by the way. not that we like to see our kids sick - but it's like with the CP in our generation - our mums used to expose us while young on purpose.

by the way, I had the measles and rubella, after being vaxxed. the rubella was a reaction ot the vaccine - the measles was years after I had the full course. yes, it was nasty, especially as a 19 year old - but no where near as bad as getting autism from MMR! and rubella is, for most kids, a complete joke - less trauma than a cold. I know there are exceptions - but I'd rather DD gets rubella now than a shot that could have side effects - and I"d obviously do anything ot prevent her getting it while pregnant.

#46 precious1

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hi NicoleH,
I can recommend a lady GP that is awesome and very non vax friendly. I think she is really hard to get into except by some form of recommendation (sorry mine won't help though) blush.gif
Her books were closed ages ago but I got in by saying I was recommended by her friend (an acupuncturist at Nundah- Oh no her name escapes me - let me follow up on that blink.gif )
The GP is Kathy O'Sullivan at Wooloowin - Lutwyche Rd and as a bonus she bulk bills and even does acupunture herself if she thinks you need it and charges just for the pins (about $5 cash).

I have posted on this thread ages ago (a few old threads ago) and still lurk to see the new members and posts. I love this thread and am so proud of my non vac stance - much to all but 1 childless friend's horror grin.gif

I have just moved to the Sunshine Coast (Buddina) and am also searching for a natural minded GP for my son and husband & I.
What a task...
Brisbane is just a tad too far in a situation where we are ill.

So if you think Kathy is handy for you let me know and I will search that contact for you.

Oh and if anyone knows any (natural) GP at the Sunshine Coast I would be ecstatic...

#47 nicolelh

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

yes, wooloowin is good. I would like details please.

sorry, no help about the sunshine coast.

Thanks a lot
nicole

#48 2beautifulgirls

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

I just received the book "just a little prick" today in the mail.  What kind of "donation" did everyone send to hilary for the book. Did you send the amount the book was worth or just what you could afford ?

Thanks

#49 mizbehave

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm Jessie, also a non vaxxer.  Lovely to meet you all.  Look forward to reading and learning more! original.gif

#50 naturalgoodness

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums too, and a fellow non vaccinator (with the exception of the Vitamin K injection that they gave when I was unconscious Callum is jab free!!. I didn't know any better when I had my first 2 - I was young and naive and no-one thinks to inform you of all options.

It wasn't until I was older and adding to the family that I became more aware of other options..

I was surprised by the amount of resistance in hospital I got from staff when I declined the HIB, but my GP was great and even though he tried, he realised that I was not going to be convinced and signed the immunisation form.

We were knocked back from 1 child care centre as it was their policy that only vaccinated children could attend - we later thought that it was probably for the best anyway as we don't want to be in an environment that closed minded  ohmy.gif

We are taking the same stance with our surprise due in December. Look forward to reading more in the forums and getting to know some others better  biggrin.gif

Edited by naturalgoodness, 11 October 2007 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.