Waiting for our BFP #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#26 Pawwots

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hi ladies,

I think this is a group I need to join. And if the first couple of days is anything to go by..2 BFP straight up..this is where I want to be.

Good luck to those testing soon. I still have a few more weeks to wait.

Baby dust all round.

Susie

#27 Figmoon

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Another oldie here TTC-AF due mon 16th and the wait is literally making me insane.Had a m/c in Feb and initially got the BFP then a day before AF was due but dont know how much longer i can resist the test sitting in my bathroom!!!!!!i just dont want to test too early and get disappointed with a BFN which was a test too  early-IYKWIM!!!!!!Kate. blink.gif

#28 Pawwots

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hi Chickidee,

I so know what you mean, its hard to wait. I decided, last month anyway that I preferred to see AF than a BFN. There is still hope with a BFN until AF arrives, and that does my head in.

Good luck..keep us updated.

#29 CascadeLily

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Welcome Annette - I am late too and got a BFN on Sunday. But I have a shocking head cold so that may have thrown my cycle out of whack. Good luck!

Welcome Chickidee too original.gif

And high Susie original.gif

#30 autumn

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Can I join in too?  biggrin.gif

We're TTC #2 since October last year.  I also used to be one of those obsessive charting people  grin.gif and am still obsessive  laugh.gif charting but not temping (so just using it to keep track of my cycles really).

Have to say Im alot more relaxed about TTC this time round as I do have my lovely daughter so am blessed.

Looking forward to getting to know you all  original.gif

#31 CascadeLily

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

Welcome Julie - let's hope your wishes all come true in here original.gif

And welcome to Autumn too! original.gif

#32 CascadeLily

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

AF is here - so all is revealed. This is good, as now I know for sure! And have a starting point for this next cycle original.gif

#33 mystic gal

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hi ladies

Lily--- bugger that Af came but at least you know where to start

Well i am now 11 days late and got a BT done and it's BFN.gif i dunno whats going on at all, am confused just want to know whats going on, he said if i still havent gotten anything to go back in 2 weeks to get another test

I will be testing on sunday, then probably wednesday i'm going to be so obsessed with testing soon.lol

Sending Baby dust to you ladies still waiting

BBL
Annette

#34 CascadeLily

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:05 AM

Annette it's really hard when things are up in the air like that. I hope all becomes clear for you soon too!

#35 Guest_~sky678~_*

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

Hello everybody!

I would also love to join in - have been lurking in EB for a while now. What a great learning experience it has been!  grin.gif

Since starting on EB I have started charting and am slowly getting up to speed with all the jargon.  wacko.gif  

OK time to share  grin.gif we are TTC our first; I had a m/c in Oct 2005 followed by a long break from TTC, now TTC again since May. I think if I hadn't discovered EB we would still be messing around in a clueless way for another decade.  Have told a few doctors that I am TTC but none of them ever mentioned anything about improving our chances e.g. by charting or OPKs.  

Good luck everybody and have a great TTC journey!

#36 lynnybee

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

Hi Sky,

Isn't it funny that doc's don't mention stuff like that. In my almost 21 years of child rearing I had never heard of an OPK !!  The lovely ladies on EB soon sorted that out for me.

Thanks gals.  wub.gif

#37 mystic gal

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

Lily--- thanks still up in the air still BFN.gif and no AF so i don't know what to think

Good luck to all those ttc hope you all get BFP.gif

Edited by mystic gal, 16 July 2007 - 07:41 AM.

#38 Pawwots

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

Welcome Sky and Julie , I agree, if only we had known about OPK's and charting, it would have been helpful.

Good luck Annette, I hope that you get that BFP.

I am just about in the 2WW, and the crazyness begins.

#39 mystic gal

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hi ladies

Just letting you know that it's not my month i got AF after 16days, which is fine i'm not upset at all, just wanted to know one way or the other

Good luck to those waiting for the BFP.gif

Take care

Edited by mystic gal, 18 July 2007 - 09:17 AM.

#40 lolacharlie

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Helloooo!

I'm popping in to join this group as this is our first month TTC #1 with any seriousness. Gave things a whirl about 18 months ago but life got the better of me and we gave it a rest for a while. I'm feeling so much better now and hope that the planets will align wacko.gif and we will have a  BFP.gif !

I like the pace of this group and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Good luck everyone!

Carolyn

#41 CascadeLily

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

Annette, that's good that you finally got your answer! Good luck with 'getting on with the job'!!

Welcome Carolyn, yes, we are fairly relaxed around here original.gif Except when inside the two week wait!  laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif

Hi Sky original.gif I'd also recommend you check out some of the Billings methods sites - they have stuff there for people actively trying to get pregnant - I found it very useful to learn a bit more about how it all works!

We haven't been 'active' this month due to both of us being so sick with the flu. Hopefully next month!

#42 ceri-li

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Hi all, I'm Ceri from Perth, (37yrs), married for 15yrs to Steve (50yrs).  We have only just decided to start a family after putting it off "till later" all the time.  I have just been told BFP (16days DPO)after TTC for the first time. I am fit, healthy and dont feel old but know I shouldn't get my hopes up as its still very early.  I feel very unprepared for this as I didnt expect it to happen for a good while because of my age but feel very happy at the same time.  I just wanted to pass on the luck that I have just received to all of you and hope we can all take the ride together because quite honestly, I am also very scared as well happy.  So GOOD LUCK!! everyone.
Ceri (pronounced Kerry)

#43 lolacharlie

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

Lily: Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to keep myself occupied and not think about the waiting. laughing2.gif

Ceri: Congratulations on your BFP! That is fabulous news!! I hope you have a healthy and uneventful time! Good luck to you too! cclap.gif  ddance.gif Doing a little happy dance for you.

Carolyn

#44 cluckyducky

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:51 PM

Hi ladies...Ive just read some posts here...and feel right at home..........Especially following Ceri's post...

I too am 37 years old, and DH will be 50 in a few weeks.

We have been TTC since Nov last year.
I was temping/charting etc........but I was doing my head in during the 2WW...especially with 'good looking charts' 'spikey charts" and the like....
So, last month decided not to chart in the LP...and it is so good...less stressful....I sometimes temp around 12/13DPo just to see if I should expect AF

So, I may temp tomorrow...not sure..

I also have a suspected endo cyst. ! so, more time to waste here ! on CD9 - another u/s...then possibly a Lap !....more time to waste ...

Okay ladies, didnt intend to vent at the end...just happened naturally ! tongue.gif

looking forward to getting to know you all better soon.

#45 ceri-li

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the replys.  I am still wishing you all my good luck (well most of it, suppose better keep some over to last me) - and thinking very positive thoughts for everyone. xxxx

#46 CascadeLily

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

Hi Ceri and CluckyDucky!

Congrats to you Ceri  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif

And good luck CD!  hands.gif  hands.gif

I'm o'ing atm, but no go on the s-e-x front this month, as we're both still getting over the flu. Kind of puts me out of the mood!

Next month!

#47 Pawwots

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Anyone in the 1WW and due to test soon?
I am due to test on Monday.

#48 cluckyducky

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hi Susie...

your chart looks great

Im 13DPO...FF says Im 15DPo...but I think FF got it wrong.

AF is due on Sunday...

So will wait and see if it comes...

I wont be testing till Sunday / Monday...

im not too hopeful for this cycle.......

Fingers crossed for your though !!!

#49 lolacharlie

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

Susie: I'm DPO 11 but not quite sure when to test. I'm CD 30... every twinge feels like AF but nothing. Actually, the twinges are pretty minimal and wondering whether I could test over the weekend. Good luck for Monday!

cluckyducky: Good luck too!  hands.gif

I feel a little bit stupid for finding testing/timing a bit confusing. blush.gif I'd be grateful for any advice!

Carolyn

#50 Bloomer

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

Carolyn I am no expert but always waited until after day 28(after perios was due).. and it showed up or not..

Good luck..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.