• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 Bluemist

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

MY NEWS......

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

#27 ♥MazzAlexnRobyn

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

Lynny: welcome original.gif I have 2 girls & would love another but want to wait & enjoy my baby original.gif

my big girl is 3 on sunday & ill be 38 on saturday  ohmy.gif  where does time go

Bluemist:   BFP.gif hope you have a trouble free nine months bbighug.gif

Edited by MazzAlexnRobyn, 10 July 2007 - 02:20 PM.

#28 julie1jet

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations Bluemist....so many BFP this month. biggrin.gif  bbighug.gif

Thanks everyone for your congratulations for my BFP...

I have my results for the HCG levels and they are 240 and I am about 4 and a half weeks, I want a follow up blood test and I will be insisting on Monday that it happens, my GP didnt seem concerned about the level but I will feel more reassured if I know it is rising. My blood pressure is up, so I have to have that checked.

Julie

#29 KAS

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:47 PM

Congratulations Bluemist.
Heres hoping you have a happy and easy 9 months.

#30 SLJ

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Woo Hoo congrats Bluemist may you have a very 'boring' pregnancy

Welcome Lynny.

As usual gotta run food is ready!

Catch up soon.

#31 Bloomer

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

Congratulations Bluemist !! that is the 3rd pregnancy I have found out about in 24 hours...  One other was a real oldie like me..  It is so good..

i keep telling myself 2 are enough for me but I feel like i am missing out..  original.gif

#32 CascadeLily

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Congratulations BlueMist!!!!!! Wow how exciting!

Julie congrats again. Good to have everything checked to ease your mind (not to mention your BP).

Lynny good for you having built-ins biggrin.gif Yes, definitely make full use of that!

Ooooh I am so clucky!!  And sick dammit. Another headcold. And poor Rom has a disgusting croupy cough. She is bright as a button though, whereas I feel terrible. Does anyone else find the older they get the worse colds seem to be? I don't remember being this sick with colds in my 20s...

#33 Bluemist

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Hi everyone,

Just been for some blood tests...anyway its sinking in now original.gif
starting to get some aches and pains...and etc...

I just wanted to let you know lynnebe- I added you on the ttc list...havent had a chance to do my pm's yet. original.gif

Bluemist.

#34 lynnybee

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:46 AM

Thankyou everyone for the welcome....

Bluemist, thanks for adding me to the list, but this pales in significance against your BFP. Big Congrats to you. Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months.

Julie, Congrats to you too.... must have missed your BFP before. (My mind is fuzzy sometimes)

Lily, like you, any cold symptoms I get now are pretty bad. I don't even remember getting colds in my 20's. I'm sure I did... couldn't have been too bad though else I'd remember it.  wacko.gif

I'm off to roll around in some babydust that seems to be floating around these forums lately.
Congratulations again for those BFP's.

#35 littleman

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

congrats bluemist!

Am still plodding along, now past 6 months so only 14 weeks to go ( having a c/sec). Havent been online all that much.
Hope you are all well!

#36 CascadeLily

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

Morning. Waaa still sick and have just discovered AF to top it all off! Well at least I know now original.gif

Hi 'Littleman' - do you have a name? I feel a bit silly calling you littleman biggrin.gif Not long to go for you now original.gif

#37 Lizzicat

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

ddance.gif  bbabyflip.gif CONGRATULATIONS BLUEMIST  it's so exciting to share in your news.

Welcome to the group Lynnybee original.gif

Lily - I agree my colds nowadays seem much worse. My theory is when I in my 20's it was all the alcohol from my partying that kept the lurgies away grin.gif

#38 lynnybee

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome Lizzicat.

Ahhhh...yes, the alcohol in my 20's might be why I can't remember any colds !!  LOL

It all makes sense now..... grin.gif

#39 Jill35

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

blush.gif Hi ladies. I am hoping I can audition for your Oldchick Mums forum. I qualify on the basis of my age (37), and on the basis that I'm a mum ( 14mth old monster boy) and that I'm uptheduff ( early early days). DO you need references?

I find the Due In groups a bit quick and - dare I say - young, and by that I mean the terminology and acronyms leave me guessing. ( Actually, can someone please tell me what a BFP stands for- how embarressing but I'm not ashamed to admit I'm behind in the cool stakes). A bit about me.... 37, 38 in December this year. DS#1 born April 06 after a MC of twins at 16 weeks. #2 is a total surprise, due in March 08 - still haven't had any tests yet, offto the Dr's today for the referrals etc. Married in 04 to a great guy that can frustrate the HELL out of me sometimes. I work Part time in the IT industry ( which DOESN'T automaticlly mean I know everything about computers, although my mum thinks I do??)

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing the experiences. I hope you'll let me play.

Ash

#40 Bluemist

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

Jill37- no references required....but the FBI will be knocking on your door pretty soon to verify that all you have said is correct  laughing2.gif You are officially in original.gif But wait a minute you said "audition" and I didnt see any song or dance routine wink.gif COngrats btw original.gif
BFP= BIG FAT POSITIVE original.gif
Welcome to the house of fun.....

Littleman- nice to see you again...glad everything is going well.

Glad everyone is going ok.....I've been to the Family Birth Centre today and they organised an early scan and first appointment. Wasnt going to do the early scan but the gp thought it might be useful given my whacked cycles after the m/c.
MIL goes home today.....so she came around yesterday and plastered DD with about a million kisses LOL.

Anyway thats it for me off for a nana nap while I can original.gif

#41 Bloomer

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

BFP - big fat positive.  I have a list I copied months ago but since I am in Singapore with DH I do not have all my files when i get home I will post them all or a link if I can find one.. I have a link but it is so old it doesn't work any more.

found it http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=121377  all the acronyms

#42 Jill35

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

So does the Mickey Mouse badge for the first post on a Friday go to me? If so, then I claim it. happy.gif

Morning ladies. Just a quickie to say hello. I went to the GP yesterday and did all the preggy housekeeping ( bloods, referrals for Obs and Dating Ultrasound, had the 'make sure you take folate and iodine chat etc). Donn't feel preg today. Hang on.... bleuuuugh... a slight touch of Morning Sickness, thats all. Thanks for setting me straight on the 'jargon' Bluemist and Catchy40 you'll notice I type longhand cause where I work, acronyms take on their own meaning and its safer to say exactly what you mean. Taking junior destroyer to the docs for a followup on his ear infection - both ears poor kid, he was v. miserable. Other than that, got a day off, and I plan to do HOUSEWORK YAY wacko.gif
Catchya all later.

#43 Bluemist

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:41 AM

Blimey you want badges now!!!!!!!(rofl)

knbggjjjjjjbbnnn

sorry my DD got control of the keyboard....will bbl

#44 SLJ

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hi All

As per usual running here, (will it ever slow down.. hands.gif )

All ok here (besides me running my backside off everyday) Haydn is good, talking up a storm (but getting more decipherable) and into everything as usual.
Think my hormones may be a bit out of whack, so thinking of having my implant out and letting them settle a bit, but probably not for a couple more months, that way if we have any 'accidents' we'll be ready for them.

Had a mega tantrum the other night, haven't had one for a while, so guess this one was building up, went for 10-15 minutes in varying degrees, so DS was banished to the lounge for the duration while we tried not to laugh in the kitchen...it was quite funny, got the whole foot stamping, circle work things going, even teddy got a bit of a work over...lol

Cathy - Once again a gorgeous signature. I hear you on the cluckyness, I really want to try for another one, DP is still wavering, and I would liek to lose some more weight first. However the first step is underway....should have that shed in a few weeks!!  lol

Lily - Hope you are feeling better, hate colds they are so miserable and there's not much you can do for them except rest....yeah liek that will happen here.....

Lynny - How'd the babydust rolling go.....bloody messy stuff... hope it stuck.

Littleman - 6 months already??   ohmy.gif doesn't seem that long ago we were all  ph34r.gif to hear your results!  

Liz - Your cold theory doesn't work for me.......I was never a drinker....guess I have to put mine done to 'advancing age'  lol

Ash - Welcome! We are about the same age, I was 38 in march, my DS is 20 months old. I had to laugh at the Junior destroyer comment....we call Haydn 'the hurricane'  

Bluemist - Never knock back the offer of a scan....always great for reassurance....and you get to see bubs. (doesn't matter how early it is, to see the little beating heart is priceless.

Ok gotta run, they are expecting me to work... ohmy.gif

#45 julie1jet

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

Hi Everyone

Welcome to the newbies, you will find the ladies in this section are lovely.

I had my bloods taken on Monday, had the results mixed up and paniced. I was firstly told my hcg levels were only 70, then told ohhh no 240 and that was to correspond with being 4 weeks and 3 or 4 days so I think that is ok.

Ive been in touch with the hospital and arranged my early admission to the antenatal clinic, the gyno recommended this due to my history of m/c. The gyno arranged for  my first scan to be at 6 weeks on the 20th July and the follow up appointment on the 23rd July. I'm just hoping that I have more success with the sonographer telling me something at the hospital as I find they dont like to tell you anything, compared to the private sonographer clinics. Otherwise I will have to wait till the weekend is over to get the results. I wanted a follow up blood test for my levels but the gyno thinks the scan is a better idea. hands.gif

I dont think I have that many symptoms, the usual sore boobs, the occasional ache, and I needed to stretch on the recliner last night as I think  there was some growing going on and sitting upright didnt feel comfortable.  Not sure about the morning sickness as I dont know what to expect, sometimes I feel a little off after eating, plus I've been gassy iykwim. Plus I can go from happy to angry to sad and back to happy in moments. blink.gif

Anyway, I am so happy that I'm not alone on this journey, looks like I will have some company for the 9 months.

Hoping everyone is ok.

Cathy I am so jealous that you are somewhere warm, I missed out on Bali this year and went and told DH where you are for 2 months, we both talked about how we would like to be overseas atm, hope you are lapping it up!

Julie

Edited by julie1jet, 13 July 2007 - 10:32 AM.

#46 Jill35

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hi again.
Destroyer still has a throat infection. 2 weeks worth. Poor Kid ( poor mummy). If anyone knows how tricky it is trying to give a foul tasting antibiotic 3 x daily to a beligerant 14mth old, you'll understand why I need a drink!!

Julie- what do you mean not too many symptoms? You've got em all as far as I can tell! Feeling off and being farty is par at this stage. Morning sickness for some can be absolutely debilitating, for others ( like me) its just feeling vaguely off colour, not enough to stop me doing things and not enough to use this as a trump for sympathy with DH.

ANyway, I'm home today being a typical 50's housewife - making the house look tidy and creating a nourishing yet tasty meal for when DH gets home tonight. I might even put a ribbon in my hair and treat myself to a clean apron.DOn't be surprised if I
am lurking in here on and off all day.
HOpe you are all feeling well sticky bubs and belly rubs all round.

Later..

#47 Bluemist

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

Jill37- Im so glad you joined I was cacking myself over the ribbon in your hair and the clean apron....dont forget you are expected to meet DH with some fresh lipstick on and a smile on your face when he opens the door....and DONT talk about your day ASK about HIS.
biggrin.gif

Anyway I am supposedly meant to be in the middle of my domestic duties myself......just came in to check if DD decided to sleep...when I put her in she was trying to climb out and saying "out"!!! but she is lightly snoring away....so back to the kitchen I go.
BTW I HATE ANTS......they are driving me nuts. (no comments please) MIL told me they were Argentinian ants when she was here as you can imagine THAT bit of information made all the difference in the world to me....I dont care if they are from the Peruvian Mountains.....just stay off my bench!!!!!!!!!

#48 Lizzicat

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

This is exactly why I won't join the CWA(country women's association) it's the mental image of them I have.  grin.gif
ANyway, I'm home today being a typical 50's housewife - making the house look tidy and creating a nourishing yet tasty meal for when DH gets home tonight. I might even put a ribbon in my hair and treat myself to a clean apron

And some pearls, a good house wife ALWAYS WEARS PEARLS tongue.gif (in the movies they do)

#49 Jill35

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

Ooohh yessss, the pearls, and I must remember the coral lipstick.....Thanks for the tips ladies. I'd hate for my husband to get home after a long and tiring day to a wife that hasn't done her proper duty.

laughing2.gif

#50 Lizzicat

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

roll2.gif  roll2.gif  roll2.gif  roll2.gif  
a wife that hasn't done her proper duty
roll2.gif  roll2.gif  roll2.gif  roll2.gif
That's for later tonight tongue.gif

I'm in fine form today tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.