July Older Mums and Mums-To-Be

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 CascadeLily

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Oh good! You gals are in fine form and are perking me up no end. I had to come home (again) from work today. Can't seem to shake this bug. But my poor little Romily is terribly sick with it. Her eyes were at half-mast all day today and she basically flopped on the couch all afternoon next to me and watched Wiggles and Teletubbies over and over again. Bed an hour early and she flaked. Hope she's better tomorrow - I don't like seeing her like this!

Re 1950s housewifely duties, I once had a look at a series of books my dad had (a gift from his dad I think) called 'It's a Man's World' (no joke!) and it exactly described what a man should demand of his wife. It would have been hilarious if it didn't give me an insight into my grandparents' relationship ohmy.gif

Will have to see if my dad still has the books. I must get them before they disappear - they're a real time capsule. original.gif

#52 julie1jet

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hi

We actually have a book here called Good Old Days filled with old remedies etc, but it does tell you how thing were in the old days, and doing the housework before breakfast was the hard a fast rule.

The country womens association in my area is like the old days, so I wont be joining in a hurry LOL.  grin.gif

Jill glad to know that my farting is normal but its just terrible atm, I hope it subsides soon. DH thinks he has some competition.  rolleyes.gif  blush.gif

I meant to add to those symptoms, running to the loo!!

Anyway off for dinner.  Nice to see some chatting going on here, the humour is great!  roll2.gif  As it helps to stop me worrying about the pregnancy.

Take care

Julie

#53 CascadeLily

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

Ahem, well I haven't really stopped farting since I had Romily! ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Morning lovely ladies!  grin.gif

#54 Jill35

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Morning gals.
I haven't stopped farting since Elliot was born either Lily
(BTW I love the name Romily). ALthough, as the now self proclaimed compass for correct ettiquette (sp), I must change the terminology somewhat, I'd prefer the word "flatulate" ( excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I need to pop into the drawing room to flatulate).

I woke up early this morning especially to make sure that DH didn't see me in hair rollers or cold cream. Its every wifes duty to make sure she looks good upon her husband awakening from slumber.  

Anyway, how are we all today? I'm feeling good. Only very vaguely queezy -  which actually worries me, my lack of symptoms ( apart from non stop weeing and flatulating) is concerning me somewhat, alithough I'm under 6 wks so I guess thats probably normal.

HOpe you are all doing well.

Ash

Edited by Jill37, 14 July 2007 - 09:30 AM.

#55 Bluemist

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

Good evening all...well soon to be morning actually but original.gif

Well on the flatulence front I've calmed down  but on the eating - Im hungry all the time....and when Im not I have this semi metallic taste in my mouth. Apart from the sore boobs no other symptoms really......

Not much to report here...I have my first scan on Friday  ohmy.gif and I am kind of excited about it. I'm not really one for early scans...(Im a weirdo I know) but I am excited about it....not that I really enjoy internal scan iykwim. Gp told me that my HCG was at 24,000 (which means nothing to me as I've never bothered about levels or etc before) but according to those in the know (stares at Julie1jet) and the gp its indicative of 6-7 week range. (I was about 5 weeks I think when it was taken). I have my first appointment booked at the Family Birthing Centre and they even have my October scan booked in...but I think that might have to be moved back once I have the first scan so we can be sure of the dates. I know the midwife got it wrong as she didnt ask the length of my cycle...anyway all will be revealed.. in time.
I think I am 6 weeks today.

Well its just hit midnight! So now I can say good morning as well....yes I know I am up late but well when DD had a nap I was so tired I laid down promptly fell fast asleep. It was wonderful....but of course am only just getting tired now.

Alright its off to the toilette for me and then to my boudoir!!!!

Bluemist.

#56 CascadeLily

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Ash and Bluemist when PG with DD I had bugger all symptoms - other than needing to wee more often than usual - no M/S at all, lucky me. I wish the same for both of you biggrin.gif

Still crook as a dog here sad.gif At least Romy is on the mend!

#57 Bloomer

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

I have just ironed my DHs work shirt for the first time in 4 years.. even then I only did it once or twice before.. original.gif

Girls i felt very few pregnancy symptoms until I was about 8 weeks and even then I blamed it on the jetlag..

Bluemist I am the same I was not keen on an early scan and was quite happy with DD1 to wait until 11 weeks but with DD2 we were going to visit DH's parents in Europe and i wanted to say we had seen the baby..

have a great day everyone i have a complaining child

#58 Bluemist

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Cathy- are you alright? Im a bit concerned about you....ironing shirts!!!!!! Apparently you can get help for it, and as long as it doesnt become a habit you should be ok. original.gif

Lilywashere- I cant believe you are still sick and suffering- at least Romily is on the mend that is something. Just dont go ironing any shirts because that doesnt help anyone. original.gif

Anyway we went to the zoo today- so that was nice...lots of baby tigers to see.original.gif
Just making cupcakes now for playgroup tomorrow (its a boys birthday so I figured I should make an effort)

Better check them actually.

BBL.

Bluemist.

#59 julie1jet

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hi

I have one thing to say ironing??? blink.gif  I avoid it when I can.  Luckily DH doesnt need shirts ironed for work, due to the industry that he works in.

Lilywashere - Hope you are on the mend soon.

Bluemist - Sounds like a fun day, going to the Zoo, living in a regional/country area, we dont get the chance to do things like that very often. I'm happy we both have scans on the same day!    original.gif

Well I have had symptoms, over the weekend but they have settled some what so I hope that is a good thing blink.gif . I had little niggles and aches on and off mainly on one side then last night it seemed to move to the centre and now nothing, I must admit it was concerning me (the aches I was having) but now that they have gone, I'm wondering if things are ok.  I still have sore boobs,I'm tired and hungry, but other than that the nauseous feeling has gone for now.  Looking forward to my scan on Friday so we can find out if things are progressing well.   hands.gif

I'm so happy that those of us with BFPs are close with our dates.

Take care everyone,

Julie

#60 Jill35

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:56 AM

Happy Monday everyone. I'm sitting in my office writing my To-DO-List for the day, and I thought I'd just pop in and wish you all a great week.  original.gif I need to get on the phone today and book in my dating scan, reading about how a lot of you are getting yours done this week, I suppose I should pull my finger out! I'm a bit apprehensive I must admit, just in case its bad news.....but hey thats just me being neurotic. According to my GP, my dates are very close to all of yours -March 10. Anyway, keep in touch ladies and tell us all how the scans go.
Ash

Edited by Jill37, 16 July 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#61 CascadeLily

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif Cathy you too? I did the ironing yesterday too!  laughing2.gif

Ooooooh I am so excited for all of you having your dating scans. Let's hope that's me in the next few months. I doubt it'll be this month, as S-e-x is the last thing I feel like at the moment. And poor DH has just come down with a cold too. Hopefully not the same as what Romily and I are just coming to the end of...we are both on the mend, thankfully. I am even going to head into work for a few hours this afternoon.

#62 2mums22

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi Ladies

can i join your thread - I am struggling to keep up with the girls in the what montha re you due - so many of them and I thnk they are up to thread 17 and I am only 10 weeks pregnant...original.gif

I think i qualify as an older mum (certainly feel like it )  I am 35 and my partner is 38. We have one son Toby who is 5 mnths old, my partner was his birthmum and I am due on the 10 feb ... not quite 12 months between them.....  oops, should have thought that one through a bit more.

The childrens father is a very close friend and a big part of all our lives.  I work full time at my partner is a SAHM - (no ribbons in her hair, coral liptick or pearls - i think i may complain - and trade in)

I have been sick as a puppy with MS and seem to be eating my way to a huge weight gain - am very worried about this...  along with worrying about hiding my pregnancy from work  - apparently a rumor circulating that i have had a boob job - my B's are now DD's..  

thats it from me - nice to meet you all - you seem quite normal ..

#63 Bluemist

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

we seem quite normal??????
laugh.gif  laughing2.gif

welcome 2mums2b original.gif

#64 Bloomer

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

DH asked me if the ironing was going to continue..  I told him not to get his hopes up.  i just felt sorry for him having to work all weekend. We are in a serviced apartment for a few weeks and all I get to do is the washing.. Yahoo!!  

Welcome 2mums2b - nice and close i am sure it will be great eventually..  Love the boob job rumours.. laughing2.gif yep the what month your due threads seem to whip through so quickly.  took me a while to get into it but i did find it useful..  

We are in Singapore, have i said that??  I am trying to decide whether or not to take the girls for a swim or wait for DH to get home so he can come too.  lovely and warm!!!

#65 Jill35

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Hi there ladies.
Welcome 2mums2be. Yup, its a strange combination being morning sick and hungry at the same time -funny how you can be both. YOur body will tell you what it wants-Wait until the tiredness crashes in.... . I remember my boobs going haywire too really early last time - this time - nuthin.  

Having my dating scan next Tuesday afternoon, and quite frankly, I'm nervous as all get out. I have NO IDEA why. Trembling at the thought.... wierd huh. wacko.gif

Feeling a bit more MS today than usual, Ah suppose its them damn hormones agin ( said in a Texas lilt).

P.S. How do I get a picture onto the bottom of my posts...?

Hope all is well out there is the Older Mum community...
Take care everyone.

Edited by Jill37, 17 July 2007 - 01:15 PM.

#66 CascadeLily

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

Welcome Tori original.gif

Ash, good luck with your dating scan! Re pictures: you need to edit your signature and add a photo from a third party provider like www.photobucket.com - you can sign up for a free account and upload images. Just beware that EB has all kinds of rules about signature sizes, etc. The link is: http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=225210

There are also quite a few members who will create a signature for you if you send them some photos. Check it out: http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=247447

They will only let you have one ticker as well, so you'll see a lot of girls have one in their nickname area at the top of their posts original.gif

Sorry you've got some MS and you too Tori. It must be the pits. It's funny though, any time I have nausea I force myself to eat savoury biscuits, which seems to help a lot. Sounds weird but works for me! BBQ Shapes are a favourite original.gif

Feeling better today - actually managed to go to work! Romily is also on the improve and DH only has a mild version of what we both had. Phew! The Bureau of Meteorology are predicting snow in Canberra tomorrow. Brrr - and a top temp of 5 degrees  ohmy.gif  - feeling better about being in Singapore Cathy? LOL  laughing2.gif

#67 Bloomer

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

Too right!! 32 is not a bad temp when i think about the alternative.  A friends little boy has influenza A I hope we can avoid that. Though we have been sick,  I think we are getting over it quicker in the warmth.

MS for me it was salty dry biscuits and peppermint for the burping( I had that reeeeeeeeeeeally bad, I had to appologise at the beginning of meetings)  Ginger was my saviour, lemon and ginger tea...  Thinking about this only confirms my resolve that we do not want a 3rd baby(dh does!)

#68 SLJ

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi All

I'm sorry I've been slack again.... blush.gif I'm sure you all know the story, between being ill (another bout of gall bladder stuff) to running after everyone else.....anyway........

Here - Not much to report, Haydn is talking up a storm and is very entertaining at present, keeping us both amused.

Have been popping in to read and you girls were starting to worry me with your bout of domesticity recently  ohmy.gif thought I had better keep clear in case I picked it up.... tongue.gif

Cathy- I actually don't mind ironing.....would much raher iron than vacuum. Enjoy your warmth, it was rainy and 5 degrees here all day yesterday, quite a miserable cold day, looking a bit sunnier today but still cold.

Tori - Welcome.....yes we are pretty normal......until you get to know us....... wink.gif Hope the ms treats you ok.

Ash - Same to you hope the ms treats you ok.....funny thing it is we hate it so much but the minute it's not there we start to worry.....

Lily - I lived on BBQ shapes and solo soft drink in the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy, only things I could stomach...... biggrin.gif
Oh and greasy potato cakes... blush.gif

Gotta run yet again.....bye for now.

Edited by SLJ, 18 July 2007 - 08:08 AM.

#69 2mums22

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

Hi Ladies

Had my ob appointment yesterday - he has an in room scan so we got to see bubs on the big screem...  3.5cm worth of cockroach...    quite exciting really...  DP is being fab - I think she is concerned that beacuse this one is number two for us - but number one for me preggy wise - that she wants to make sure I am still special and we still get as excited as we did when it was her preggy with toby...  (make sense ??)

Anyway  - she is gorgeous and I was very excited yesterday...  DP is a very tall slim women and did not really bulk up until the 4th or 5th month of preg.....  I ahve not been able to wear any of my clothes since 6 weeks... Boobs have gone from a B to dd and have gained 6 kilos....  been in preggy clothes since 8 weeks....  how bad is that - and I am trying to hide all this from workl as i really dont want them to know I am preg until this restructure is over..  But I feel huge....  and quite gross.  

Hopefully will be less MS in the next few weeks and I can get back to the gym - that would be good...

Hope everyone has a great day

#70 Jill35

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

Morning gals.
Anyone else feeling a bit bleugh today? Hey Tori, don't worry about the boobies and the weight. I put on over 30kg with my last preg starting at about 5 minutes after the double pink lines.  I stopped weighing myself when I approached 95kgs with weeks to go. I have promised myself this time WILL be different although at 6 weeks I reckon my tum is definately 'rounding out'already.
I was naughty last night and had a glass ( or two) of wine. Had a girlfriend staying for the night, and if I didn't join in for a drink, she wouldda definately clued in, and we want to wait until the all clear ( 14 week NT scan)  before any announcements. GO on, give me some shtick for it.

SLJ - Gall Bladder issues AND Pg. Poor you.  Couldn't actually think of a worse combination. HOpe it all settles down soon.

Gotta run, hope you all play nicely with others today.

#71 Bloomer

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

jill i am unable to give youstick, with DD1 we were celebrating a friends 40th birthday and I had a hard time not telling anyone I think we may have only just done the test..  So I volunteered to drive..  However when the grange was served and another great wine I had to have a taste..  never had the opportunity again.. original.gif  Seemed harder to resist in those 3 weeks as I actually felt great after that it was so easy as i felt terrible..

i understand about trying to make the pregnancy special..  just tell colleagues you are a bit depressed about the restructure and keep on eating.  DO NOT mention things smelling and tasting funny, apparently this is what gave it away for me..original.gif

#72 Jahbee

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

I'm going to get you girls to start another thread part 2 for July as this one is getting long and when there are probs with the site it could take awhile to load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.