May 06 Parents #167

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#26 ***jules***

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

ok - here goes - didn't work last time so we'll have to see if I got it right this time.  

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/com...bathgiggles.flv

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/com...urrent=Gone.flv

#27 Nephnie

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hey girls.  WEll I thought things were going ok only to see Miky retching while we were outside (THANKFULLY!) and she puked up everything she had eaten, which wasn't much.  

So I've given her a sip of water and put her to bed again because she was flapping her ear which is her latest tired sign.  

Poor poppy is crying at the moment... Am I able to give her panadol on an empty stomach?  Is there any point to me giving her panadol other than to maybe help with the stomach cramps she must be getting?

I'm not feeling too flash right now either... Great.. Just what I need.

#28 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

sorry to hear all the bubs are sick atm.

today we had swimming lessons and zach is now officially gone up a class where he dosent need me to go in the water although its been 3 months since i have got in but the instructor was still doing trans 1 stuff with him aswell as trans 2 stuff. im so proud of my munchkin.

bad dad moment - he was having a bath and shaved his face in there well he left the razor on the bath and the door open zach got in there and picked up the razor and used it as a brush he now has a chunck missing from the back of his head of hair  cry1.gif .

teeth- zach has an electric toothbrush and he brush's his teeth every night and sometimes walks around during the day just brushing.

well we are off to rods aunts now so talk soon.

#29 ***jules***

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

Steph - sounds like you both might have a gastro bug?  Hope you both feel better soon.

Sarah - oh no!  That just sent shivers done my spine.

#30 ellacy

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

- Clean kitchen
- Fold clothes on clothes horse
- 2 x loads washing
- Clean toilets
- Make the bed
- Cook dinner
- Take Ella to doctors
- Change Ellas sheets
- Get dressed
- Tidy Ellas toy area
- Go to bank

Well I got most of it done... ph34r.gif But I am annoyed because Ella slept for nearly three hours which is fantastic/amazing/cant believe it happened. But I wasted the time because I thought she'd be up after an hour so just did little bit here and there....

Sarah - Oh for a second i thought you were going to say he shaved his skin!!

Jules - Gorgeous vid's. Love the giggling, babies giggles always give me a chuckle!
BBL

#31 chloeandmaddison

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

sorry personals off the top of my head...

Steph: Hope you and Mikayla are feeling better soon.

Sarah: Wow lucky it was just Zach's hair and it'll grow back, it could have been so much worse.

Jules: Cute videos, Chloe does "all gone" too

Britt: Well done on getting all your list done.I've done about two things on  mine, actually 1 do the washing, the other was get dinner ready but we're getting grilled fish for takeaway.

Rach: Poor Jake & Holly, I hope they are both on the mend soon.  I've only had to deal with Chloe throwing up a few time and we've been home, I haven't had a car one yet (touch wood).

Kristie: Don't they always sleep when you need to go out and won't sleep when you want them to.

Teeth: I use milk teeth paste and a small baby tooth brush. We brush Chloe's teeth in the morning and at night in the bath then we let her chew on the brush while we're chaging her.

Us: Quiet day at home. I'm feeling so blah and tired and just off (no I'm not preggy yet  sad.gif ) I've booked into the doctors for tomorrow just to see if it's my Coeliac playing up or something else. I've just been feeling so tired and really thirsy lately. I never feel like I've had enough to drink and this has been going on for about a month might ask for a diabetes test?

Scott's taken Chloe out for a walk and some daddy-daughter time and I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop waiting for the washing to finish. Sooo exciting...

mellow.gif

Edited by chloes-ma, 06 July 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#32 ~Rebekah~

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

Just got back from dropping Cooper at Mums  cry1.gif  cry1.gif   I actually felt sick in the stomach when I was packing his overnight back sad.gif  But when we got there he bolted off and found his toys and was carrying on like a pork chop so I felt alot better.  He gave me a big smooch goodbye and then bolted up the stairs, his fav thing to do at Nans  tongue.gif

So as soon as we walked in the door DH asked for some  wub.gif   laughing2.gif   Yeah right, maybe later tonight when I'm a little drunk  tongue.gif   We have decided to go out for dinner.  We have friends that have invited us out for Mexican or the other option is going to our other friends for a BBQ.  I would probably prefer to go out for dinner because we hardly do it anymore, especially without Cooper biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about all the sick bubbas  sad.gif   Cooper actually seems ok this afternoon but I left Mum with the panadol just in case.  He is still stuffy in the nose but hopefully it will be gone in a few days!

Teeth
We got the Pigeon Trainer Toothbrush Set with 3 brushes.  The 1st one is for 7 months + with 2-3 milk teeth, the 2nd is 8-10 milk teeth and the 3rd is for when they have all of them.  As I said in a previous post we just use a really small amount of the milk toothpaste from the chemist.  You can use it from 7 months or first teeth so for Cooper it was 6 months.  We have really only just started using the paste all the time now though!!

Off to pour myself a glass of wine while DH is still mucking around in the garage  smile1.gif

#33 Nephnie

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

GReat... Just great...

THere's now a serious FLU warning in WA, especially for children under 5.  Mum just rang to tell me one of the little children who died was our old tenants son.  The grandmother is a friend of mum's too.  Apprently S just put bub to bed after him being a little bit off colour and then went to check on him at 10.30pm to find him dead... Poor thing.

So now they're saying if you bub has a cough, get them checked out by a doctor regardless.  Sigh... Just what I need right now...

Miky's vomiting seems to have stopped but I copped it.  Now DHs buggered off with Miky and I don't know where they've gone.   So I'm feeling like sh!t.  

Anyway... I'll survive.  Makes me VERY paranoid about Miky's little cough she's got though.  Not that she's had temperatures or anything else vaguely flu-like.

Steph.

#34 shoofly

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

Evening Girls

Lola is sick with a cold. She is very sooky la-la, puffy 'sick' eyes and a snot monster, so my day has been very hands on as DH is sick as well.

Hope all the other sick kiddlets get well SOON!

Off to watch some Gilmore Girls

Night
Jeannie

#35 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Okay can someone help me. DH got his Group Certificate back, and now I'm not sure if I estimated right with the Family Assistance Office. I've never had anything to do with Centrelink or the FAO before, so I need some help.

I estimated DH's income and it has come back as about $500.00 more than what I estimated. But is it calculated on Gross Income or Net income? Because if it is the net income, then I have overestimated, but if it is based on gross income, then I have underestimated.

Oh I'm so confused. Help me!

Edited by brittlestar, 06 July 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#36 Nephnie

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Britt- You're supposed to estimate based on Gross income.  I overestimated by $15k...  blush.gif  I do that on purpose.  I went on what DHs SUPPOSED to be paid, but knowing we salary packaged the car and have extra money taken out towards tax anyway... I knew it would be a lot less.  That's not taking into account his deductions he's got too.

If I were you, I wouldn't get my Family tax beneft until the end of the financial year and you KNEW exactly what your DH had earnt. That or every time he does his BAS, go back in and readjust the calculations.  It adjusts your payments straight away.

If you owe money, generally, they just withold a proportion of your FTB until the debt is paid back.  Unless of course it is a huge amount which it doesn't sound like it is.  Good luck working it out!

I've never had anything to do with Centrelink before either, but one tip my mum told me was you're better off Over-estimating in a big way rather than underestimating.  Lesson learnt for next financial year!

Well Miky's in the bath and fed.  She ate some bread and a bit of soup.  I think she could have eaten a heap more, but we're erring on the side of caution... Only going to give her a little bottle as well.

I think I might attempt to eat some soup too.
Steph.

#37 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Thanks girls, it means I have underestimated by about $500.00.

Spewing, thought I'd seriously overestimated. Oh well, nevermind. It isn't a huge amount. Lesson learnt. Bloody Dh, he tells me a figure much less than what he actually earnt.

#38 TazzieD

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hi all
I have been MIA again.... sorry  blush.gif

Lots of news I think but I can’t think of it all!
We have had a lurgy through this house (again!) which has knocked us all around. Milly is having problems with her bottom teeth giving her grief, including a molar which is upsetting her. Otherwise she is doing super well!

Milly has a boyfriend! She is going for the older guy.... a carer at the day care centre! LOL! She loves this guy and he is so good with her. She seems him and toddles straight over with a big smile, or if he is on the other side of the fence (ie in the kindy area rather than the babies bit) she stands at the fence and cries until he reaches over and picks him up! We went to take her home one night and he was holding her and she cried when I took her   I think it is love!  wub.gif   wub.gif   wub.gif

I also might have a new job. One of the big wigs tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to work with him. It is absolutely flattering and I am very honoured to be picked from a company of 8,500 people! But, it will mean even more travel for a few months (max 2 nights away at a time). And there is problems with releasing me from my existing job. So not sure if it is going to happen but it is so nice to know that my hard work has been noticed. I will find out early next week if it is happening or not… if so I guess I am in Sydney more regularly.

We have had our pool plans approved by the council. Not sure when they are digging the hole though. DH has plumbed in the water tank and our shed is half built. One day I will manage to post photos for you all. Maybe I should take some “before” shots....

As for TTC, well I am not really trying. I have stopped even thinking about it to be honest, which is half the reason I am not here as often. Besides, if I get the new job then it could be very hard to even coordinate doing The Wild Thing.....

Kylie, love the belly shot! I was so excited by your textie the other day!! original.gif original.gif

Britt, thanks for posting photos of the meet. I am jealous I am missing out on all of these meetings. I wish I could catch Leanne too but the next meet at Becks house I will be in Sydney  sad.gif

OMG Steph that flu sounds pretty freaky. I hope Mikky and all our other WA bubs are ok.

Jules, something I wanted to say to you... good luck or something? grr!! bloody brain is NOT working! oh I know! It was to wish you luck for childcare next week! As you can see from my post above, Milly LOVES being there!

Beck, loving all your sigs you have been making! And hope you enjoy your night tonight.

Dani, massive hugs to you. I was sad to read you have been very down on yourself. You have been pretty stressed this year with lots of things going on, but sweetie - you are NOT fat! I think you are a very beautiful person, and you don't need a sig to prove it

okies, thats it for now. Gotta get my beauty sleep
BBT
xxx

#39 ***jules***

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

Shari - thanks for the good luck for next week!  biggrin.gif  Good luck with the new job prospect!

I am really worried about this WA flu thing too.  Especially as I am starting Ella in daycare next week.  Gosh I would never forgive myself if she picked it up at daycare.  I suppose the chances are slim - well i guess - this news has just really come out of nowhere!

For WA girls:

"While we do not want to create unnecessary panic, it is important for parents to be aware that the disease can cause serious illness within 24 hours," he said.

"If the child is looking sick and they've got flu-like symptoms, the thing to remember is that children with flu [symptoms] may also have some gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting or diarrhoea."

Doctors are also encouraging parents not to panic unnecessarily.

They say that children who just have a runny nose do not need to see a doctor, but that children with a cough or a fever greater than 38 degrees should seek medical attention.

Steph - I am sure Mik is fine though.  Has she had a temp at all?  Its worrying isn't it!

#40 smiliek

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

Evening all,

Jules - that information has freaked me out now  sad.gif  (but thanks for posting it, I would much rather know about it that be in the dark).  I think I wanna postpone starting Day Care, gosh it can be tough being a mummy and always worrying.
So have all the WA babes had a Flu Shot?  Thomas hasn't but I think I might ring the Dr in the morning and see what he thinks?

Steph - sorry to hear you and Miky are sick, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Jackie - sounds like you need to avoid what you ate for breakfast this morning as you got quite a high reading.  I kept a list of everthing I ate and then when I did my finger prick tests, depending on what the result was, I altered the food intake.

#41 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

Jeannie-hope Lola gets better soon.
Britt-im sure 500 wont make much of a difference.
Shari-yay for the job offer, hope it works out well.
Jules-love the footage of miss giggly pot.

Me-im so drunk, 2 of my besties messaged me tonight and said they were on their way over. We drank so much wine (i had 2 bottles and spilt lots of red on our lounge and carpet...shhh dont tell dh. I can hardly type) laugh.gif  laughing2.gif  ohmy.gif  laughing2.gif  laugh.gif
Jake has thrown up a bit tonight and is in our bed. he feels so warm. Check out this video. I made some pumpkin soup for dinner and miss independant loves to feed herself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M068csxLd1Y
my voice is terrible, it sounds so stupid.
better go,  not feelin too well.

Edited by rachandbub, 07 July 2007 - 01:07 AM.

#42 senorita

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

good evening ladies

well my sister just left after our scrapbooking night, got lots done! original.gif had a great time chatting too, felt young again!  tongue.gif

gee that WA flu thing is scary...ill be monitoring the boys carefully!

rach: sounds like u had a fun night too! i hope jake is ok, thinking of him xo

steph: hope miky is better for u this weekend!

britt: ah well, thats not too much over... i too wait til end of the financial yr as DH does extra shifts and i never know what he will earn. we never get anything anyhow sad.gif

well its a late one for me, better go get some sleep. my dad and stepmum are coming tomorrow, dads painting my new french doors & im giving him a roast lunch in return original.gif

renee xo

Edited by ~jama~, 07 July 2007 - 01:12 AM.

#43 wca

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

RACH> laughing2.gif Good on ya! Hope your not feeling to sick today, sounds like you had a fun night! Did DH say anything about the couch? Oh dear, that will be me tonight I bet.

Anyway no personals this morning, bit rushed!

Yesterday I was laying on the couch at 1pm thinking "Oh God, 5 more hours till Chad gets home", and then he rocked up right then! He came home 5 hours early and I even went to the gym biggrin.gif It is SO SO SO much better with him here, it's just good having someone to entertain Indy while I deal with Tayla and visa versa! And of course it's just nice to have him around wub.gif

SIL is having Tayla for the night tonight, not sure what we'll do yet, we've asked a few people over for drinks but most can't make it, which I'm kinda glad about cos now I just wanna spend the night with Chad doing our own thing. I hope no one at all can make it ph34r.gif

Ok Girls, I'm off to go tidy the house.

Here's my list so far

Dishes
Make bed
Clean bedroom
Tidy Taylas room
Clean bathroom
Tidy up lounge room
Clear dining table

I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on!

Annixx

#44 ellacy

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

Still no bottles for Miss Ella. Tried to give her one before bed last night - no chance. Even tried while she was in her cot cause I figure i need to get "some" milk into her, no she rolled over and didnt want a bar of it. She then slept through till 5:30am which is her normal bottle call, nup didnt want it then either, just rolled her over and back to sleep till 7am. Im kinda sad cause this is another step away from being my little baby  cry1.gif
I just need to work out how to get milk into her though, this morning after breakfast (yoghurt for calcium) i tried her straw cup, sippy cup, a normal straw in normal cup, a normal cup, plain milk, with milo. Nup nothing, a couple of little mouthfulls here and there but probably not even 50mls all up. Im outta ideas!! She is drinking water though so at least she getting fluids into her...sigh...

Shari - Wow that would have been so flattering getting the job offer. Its a nice feeling knowing your work is noticed isnt it? How do you feel about the more travelling though?

Rach - PMSL at spilling red wine everywhere - will your DH freak out? lol at least you had a good time though

Anni - Glad you are feeling better, it is nice to just have someone there, even if its just so you can go to the toilet in peace.. grin.gif

Britt - Im another who just opted to get the FTB at end of financial year, cause Dh works for himself i have no idea of what he'll make. Im just going to put the $$ into Ellas bank account anyway. I doubt $500 will be much at all and i think they just deduct it from your next payments anyway.

Ella is suppose to be napping but shes just talking to herself. Maybe now shes feeling abit better she's back to one day sleep. Does this guessing ever end? Its so hard sometimes to work out what the hell is going on..lol? Might just get her up and head to the supermarket, my bestie is coming over today and really need to have some choccie biscuits for us to eat whilst we chat.

BBL

#45 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

HI girls,

Bad night here, Hunter was miserable until 4am, his temp was 38.3, I dosed him up, Dh was great, he kept getting up to get the thermometer, panadol, bottles etc.

I have been to the chemist today to buy a thermometer for the ear, this is where you get the most accurate reading, and the thermometer I've been using is one for the underarm. I feel better knowing I have a good thermometer now. I also got some baby dimetapp and euky bearrub for his chest. I only have a sample pot of the vicks baby balsam, so i thought I should stock up with the Euky bearrub.

I feel tired, but I've had a shower and a big cry on the phone to my mum (another story) and feel better.

Okay the reason for the big cry on the phone is that Hunter has fully weaned off the boob and I'm very emotional about it. I feel like if I wasn't pg he would've fed til he was at least 2yrs old. It doesn't seem to be worrying him but I have the whole guilt thing happening. I'm going to miss it, it was so special. Anyway I will let myself grieve about it and get over it, I should be grateful for the break before I have a newborn who wants to feed every hour.

Still doesn't make it any easier.

Anyway enough of that.

#46 TazzieD

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Morning all

FTB - yep me too. I opted for end of year just because I don't like the idea of owing anything!

Kristie, I really don't like the idea of travelling more. I travel enough as it is, but this really is a fantastic career move for me. It is within the same company but working in a high(er) profile role. Problem is there is some difficulty in releasing me from my existing job. Ah well, it will work out either way.

Rach, hope you are feeling ok today!

I better get some lunch while Muppet is sleeping

#47 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

My head is hurting. Serves me right i guess for drinking so much red wine. Just got back from a tuppaware party. I was very good and didnt eat the snacks, the tuppaware lady made this yummy pizza in the tuppaware jelly mould, i had some of that, it was so nice, i bought a jelly mould so i could make my own. The kids seem to be better today which is a relief.

Britt-poor Hunter. He probaby has the virus that is going around. Sorry to hear you feel down about weening. you will be back feeding in no time when bubs come along. I really am looking forward to having another child now. The dr i took the kids to yesterday told me that the ear thermometers are the worst and most inaccurate. She told me the best are the underarm ones but used up the rectum. She said she shouldnt have been bagging them out cuz dr's have to use them as they give a quick reading but she said you wont find one in a childrens hospital.
Kristie-Poor Ella, it must be heartbreaking for you to see her sick and not wanting her bottles. I hope she feels a bit better today and starts feeding again. DH will never know i spilt the wine, i checked this  morning and it didnt stain. Lucky hey.
Anni-have a fun night tonight.

#48 wca

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

BRITT> That must be really hard for you sad.gif I weaned Tayla when she was 7 months (for a number of different reasons) and I actually felt ok about it back then, it was sad but I didn't feel guilty or upset about it. BUT the other day I was talking to a frried who has a 5 month old about BF, and I got SO emotional and I got really upset! I think I must have had a delayed reaction or something! No words of comfort will make you feel better, just take as long as you need to grieve over the end of BF. Just think though, soon you'll be BF again original.gif

KRISTI> Oh I know what you mean about it being another step away from being your little baby, I'm feeling the same with Tayla. In the last week she has changed so much, in the course of 7 days she suddenly grew up! She still loves her formula though, but as for cows milk, she hates it!

Well I have been cranky today (and all week ph34r.gif ), and guess who showed up an hour ago?? AF!!! CD38 today! This is the shortest cycle I've had in over 2 years original.gif So happy about that. Probably explains why i've been so down all week, I should have known!

Well SIL is having Tayla tonight, Chads dropping her off at about 3ish. He just got me 2 bottles of wine, maybe I'll do a Rach tonight dev (6).gif  tongue.gif I'd say we'll probably go the pub. As soon as he walks out the door at 3, I'm cracking a bottle open, and coming on here in utter peace and quiet! YEY!!!

Ok, I better keep cleaning, dad's coming over shortly, he hasn't seen Tayla in about a month so he's keen to see her walking wub.gif I must say though , despite his issue with money, he's an awsome Grandpa, so hands on and warm with her wub.gif

Annixx

#49 ***jules***

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

Kylie - I didn't think toddlers/kids could get flu shots?  Let me know if you find out any different.

Rach - hope you start feeling back to your normal self soon.  Nothing worse than a hangover.  PMSL at the red wine couch spill.

Britt - its pretty normal to be emotional about weaning.  I think it is also pretty normal for bubs our age so probably isn't because you are pg? No need to feel guilty!

Kristie - try not to stress too much about the milk thing.  If she is off milk for a few days just get plenty of other calcium rich foods into her maybe?

Anni - I get so jealous of all your "Tayla sleepover" nights!!!  You are so lucky!  Enjoy yourselves whatever you end up doing.

#50 ***jules***

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

Steph - how are you and Mik feeling today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.