June 06 Parents #120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#26 MotherClucker

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

Hi ladies, just on quickly to  let you know im alive. Your thoughts and prayers have made my heart swell with love, and a bit teary too ofcourse. Thanks to those of you who have been keeping everyone up to date. What a week I have had. The obgyn i had was fantastic and I was so relieved to see my old ob from the twins scrub in, it put me at ease a bit cause i was petrified.

All went well with the surgery. I did have a quite prominent fetus in my left tube up near the top. i got to see photos which i am still debating on if it was a good thing or not. the fetus shape was quite visable in the tube. I had blood leaking into my abdominal cavity so it looks like they caught it just in time. Scary sh*t hey? I am very very sore. My care was hot and cold. I spent my stay in the high dependancy ward as there was no other beds. Well there were a few on the maternity ward but i had a saint nurse stick up for me and refused to send me there. I dont think i could of handled it. The nurse i had last night and the first night was very cold. She spoke very sharp at me and hardly would make any eye contact. Didnt wish me a good morning when i wooke but i could hear her doing it with all the other patients.

Anyway im rambling now. Its safer than actually thinking. my 2 sil and mil came to visit me and BREWS tried to visit but they booted her out as i was asleep. She also brought me some peperment tea which was a godsend. The wind pain was outrageously painful. it still is. And the bumpy road for those hwo know are  wacko.gif

willl be back later.

Happy birthday princess chloe!!

#27 4littlemonkeys

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Shan - bbighug.gif  thank god you are ok.  I would make a complaint about the doctor that fobbed you off the other night - cause honestly it could have been a lot worse. Not that its not bad iykwim but you could be intensive care now or worse if you hadn't insisted there was something wrong. rant.gif makes me so mad for you!

Leah - Nope she didn't behave at all..  wacko.gif  I got about 3 hours sleep. I have so much work to do. Have been here for 3 hours and am leaving at 3pm but have only done about 10% of the work i need to do to catch up.  So won't be done at all. I am so cranky cause rthe girl who left didn't get up to date before she went so it is a month backlogged on filing, so i think i will be doing a fair bit of overtime - which is good cause i am going to insist on it being paid cause as you know filing has to be up to date since in a law firm it is crucial. It just makes me mad, cause i always make sure when i leave a job that there is no carryover - or very miniscual.

Well Df is sh*tting me (told you girls it wouldn't take long). He is so "tired" apparently after looking after the kids while i'm working. Mind you he has had our nanny there 3 days per week. I laughed and said well imagine it 24/7 with NO help as it was the majority of the time he was away. He told me i need to stop mentioning it as it is silly. I told him to f*** off as he has NO idea.  He is such a man and is so hard done by. So as you can tell i am really impressed with him today. I am friggen tired too but its like he has forgotten what it was like when he was working and i was at home - it is not all roses for the one going to work.. *sigh*

better go - have had my break, back to printing. I have to print 10 pages of emails - so around 400 emails - they all have attachments. Then they have to go into my filing folders ready to be sorted and then filed on the files! Yucko!

Rach wink.gif

Edited by RachieD, 07 July 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#28 *~Tinker~*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

Welcome back Shannon! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am another that thinks you should make a written complaint, possibly even look into what you would have to do to sue him for negligence. He should never have passed you off, should have looked into why you were in pain.
Just one idea, write down everything that happened that night, so you have a record, even if you end up doing nothing, it is easier to have it written now, while you can still remember it and not need it than not have it written down and you need it, iykwim.
Big hugs hun!

Ok, off to see what I can do about the washing in this we weather, catch you all later.

Oh, before I forget, spoke to Lara, keeping her updated, and she says hi!

#29 KylieB

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

Shan - welcome back. I am so upset for you, hon. I can't believe I was chatting to you while you were in agony and you did the dash to emergency (wasn't the doc a female?). Now, I know even doctors can make mistakes etc but to have a positive pregnancy test and for them to send you home in pain..I am really bewildered by it all and thank god you waited around for the referral and went as soon as you could the next day. And just wondering if you have got into the other thread and told those ladies that said it sounded like an ectopic the news?
Anyway, a big kiss to you and your DH. Hope you recover quickly.

I'll have to come back tomorrow girls. A bit busy. Take care of yourselves.

#30 JuliaGulia

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hi girls

I'm finally back and caught up on the threads.  I can't believe what a big week it has been in here!

First of all, happy belated birthdays to Caden and Chloe (I think that was it) and of course Gemma who got the best early birthday present ever.

Shan - I am so glad to hear you are at home and on the mend.  You poor darling, I can't believe you had to go through that.  I am thoroughly disgusted on your behalf at the treatment you received.  I don't think they were simple errors that were made - basic care would have taken care of things and they didn't even do that.  Anyway, will be thinking of you.

Bec - I hope the lump turns out to be nothing.  There are so many things it could be, and most likely it will turn out to be absolutely nothing.  These kids are a worry, aren't they!

WABec - Thinking of you too.  I don't envy you at all.  I hope that in a few weeks you can just relax and enjoy a trouble-free few months.  I'm sure this is a very stressful time for you so I have everything crossed for a CF-free result (if I was physically capable of crossing anything atm, that is).

Dani - Hi there matey  grin.gif.  Baby hanging in there, mum just about had it!  Thanks for thinking of me.

Bel - grr to your DH for putting pressure on you like that.  Ditto to what others have said, and just want to add - don't let your pnd become his excuse for everything that goes wrong.  You have worked so hard to deal with things and have done a great job, what you need is support, not more trouble from him.  Re Ben's speech - as others have said they all develop different areas at different rates.  If anything, I would think Ben is quite advanced in most ways.  Re the nasty H - constipation is more likely to cause than diarrhoea, however it is possible that with the constant wiping etc you may have caused a tiny tear which could have lead to infection.  I would keep an eye on it.  Also, do you have any witchhazel?  I would gently apply to the area - it's perfect for swollen blood vessels.  If you can get a mix of witchhazel/tea-tree that would help if there is an infection too!  Good luck (and sorry about the TMI everyone else).

Wombat - Big cheers to you!  I hope everything improves with your daughter's health, and glad it wasn't a "worst case" situation.

Mel - I have the Target catalogue emailed to me.  PM me your email address if you like and I will send it to you.

Schell - I haven't received a pm yet  wink.gif.  Mine's just a fat A (couldn't remember all the bits to it).

Us - well, we had a very cold but good week in Kyneton.  I unfortunately had contractions nearly the whole time, but they have settled a bit since yesterday.  I think they are worse when I am tired, and now that I am back in my own bed things have improved a bit.  I have an u/s on Wed, then an ob appt on Thurs, so hopefully there will be good news (or at least no bad news).  As for Olivia - we went to the paediatrician on Thursday 28/6.  She is concerned about her development (or lack thereof) but there isn't anything obvious.  She has to have blood tests for everything - toxoplasmosis, chromosome disorders, Fragile X, muscular dystrophy, all kinds of things.  Depending on the results of these, she may have to have an MRI, which will involve a general anaesthetic, but we're holding off on that atm.  So I spent about 2 hours on Thursday and another 2 on Fri morning (before we went away) at the pathologist's lab, while a procession of staff tried to find a vein to take blood from.  Because there are so many tests required, they need quite a lot of blood, so a heel prick isn't enough.  Anyway, due to very chubby arms and tiny veins, no-one has been able to draw blood yet.  Now I am waiting for the referral to go the RCH, because they hope that someone there will be able to find her vein, since they treat kids all the time.  I am frantically trying to get as much done as I can before I have the baby, so that poor Olivia doesn't get completely shafted in the wake of her baby brother/sister!

Anyway, enough from me.  I know I have missed people (sorry!) but big hugs to all, and will keep you updated.

#31 MotherClucker

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

cry1.gif  cry1.gif They broke my coffee mug! This is the second one! First my peacock blue one, now my lime green one! I had it sitting on my desk after my mocha latte and one of the twins grabbed it and it smashed. Im just glad no one was seriously cut and it was empty. Dale had a tiny bit of blood on his finger but I couldnt find a mark.

#32 seepi

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

Yay - 1000 posts to me!!!!!

I have been worried that I would miss it, but I have just noticed 999, and here is number 1000!

Julia - welcome back - I have been waiting for you to post - you were a bit naughty disappearing without telling us little O's results! They do seem a bit inconclusive though.  Perhaps the arrival new baby will spur her into action and you will have nothing to worry about. It must have been stressful while they tried to get the blood out - all the best for the next appointment.

Shan - thank goodness you are home and feeling ok. I honestly think we need a change of government to do something about the health crisis in this country. Perhaps you should actually try writing to your local politician to complain, instead of the hospital -just a wild idea - I don't know if it would achieve anything..I hope you are feeling a lot better anyway.

Us - we've just been out to dinner. We had booked a highchair, but when we arrived they were all in use. Well - what is the point of letting me book one if there aren't any?? They weren't even apologetic either. And Adele is so clingy at the moment that i knew it would be me that had to hold her all night. Luckily one of the families using theirs were just holding their baby, so I was able to borrow their highchair - I promised to give it back if they wanted it. So dinner went from a disaster to quite pleasant.

We looked at houses today - but the modern eco houses DP liked didn't appeal to me (no back yards and really small bedrooms) and the house in our suburb was fantastic, but waaaaay out of our price range.

I have lost one kg so far on my health regime, I have taken a stack of photos of baby clothes to sell on ebay, and I go back to work on Tuesday - so I am quite busy here!

night all
Cass

#33 *~Tinker~*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....0&#entry5148533

#34 *~Tinker~*

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Almost 11 hours and I was the last to post? hehehehehe

Edited by Schell, 08 July 2007 - 09:31 AM.

#35 4littlemonkeys

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Schell - I had been on to look but had noticed no one else had posted so i was too lazy to post! roll2.gif

Well i have been up since 5.45am with all three! DF did hte night shift last night with Iz (she was up from 1am-2.30am) so he is still in bed now.  

I am still in my PJ's and so not motivated to do anything... argh! I have to wait til DF is up so i can have a shower, so will be waiting a while i think!

Anyhow bbl - we are catching up on doing art/crafty stuff, so that is fun. The boys are having a blast.

Rach wink.gif

#36 JuliaGulia

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

Ssshh!  Be vewwy quiet... I'm hunting wabbits...

#37 ~gemma~

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

just poking my head in

Shan ~ Have been thinking about you alot the last few days. I hope that you are ok, and if you need anything at all please let us know!

Leah ~ How many parties are you having lol. I only do one for my lot. Chloe looks like she is very pleased with her prezzies.

Lara ~ Hope the parcel has arrived for Audrey!

Rach/Leah ~ Im still in my jammies too, spend most my days in them lately  blush.gif

Schell ~ Have PM'd you biggrin.gif

Us ~ down in the dumps atm and not coping too well with Tahlia's behaviour sad.gif i have the community nurse coming in the morn for Madi so im going to talk to her about T. She is becoming aggressive, more so towards Jordan, hitting him really hard in the face and pushing him over etc, at preschool on Thursday it was also noticed that she is becoming more bossy and ignorant. Kevin is helping, not much though, he does the washing for me, and watches the kids when he feels like it while i cook dinner but other that that i feel pretty much like im on my own here...

Anyway depending on photobucket i will be back soon with some pics original.gif

eta ~ Just looking at my pics and the ones i have taken the last few days Tahlia does not look very happy at all sad.gif she also has a graze under her eye from when she was sitting on the coffee table and nose dived onto the floor  unsure.gif

Edited by *~gemma~*, 08 July 2007 - 01:24 PM.

#38 ~gemma~

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

Pics

Password is newzealand

Link to my photobucket for those interested, i forgot to resize pics before i put them in there and i cant be bothered now. The first 5 pics are from the last couple of days. I havent uploaded anymore, so this will have to do for now  blush.gif  and i havent really been snap happy much

Edited by *~gemma~*, 08 July 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#39 ~gemma~

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

Sorry Leah, password is newzealand  blush.gif

#40 4littlemonkeys

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

GRRRRRRRRRRRR I have to quit my job. My nanny no longer wants to be my nanny.  I can't afford $1890 per fortnight (which is what full time care costs)..... GRRRRRRRRRRR  At least i'll get to go to the gym again! roll2.gif

Just mad cause i purposefully asked her about caring for them before i even looked for jobs.  She knew i was relying on her.   I know she has a 4 month old but if you commit to something you should stick to it.

Rach wink.gif

Edited by RachieD, 08 July 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#41 ~gemma~

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

Oh Rach that sucks big time  mad.gif

Well its official, i cant even rely on Kevin while i go have a shower...

Came out and he is asleep on the lounge, while 2 little kiddies were in the kitchen getting into Madison's formula  rant.gif  

Just came out to the kitchen for a brief moment and the children moved into the bedroom and there is now books and toys everywhere... Oh i love this job....

#42 4littlemonkeys

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Lisa waves.gif i have missed you!  

BBL have a splitting headache and 3 feral children... cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

Edited by RachieD, 08 July 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#43 seepi

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

YAY - Lisa is back with us!!!

have pm-ed you Lara's bank details.

gotta go

Cass
ps - Gemma - it is a job that will get easier!!!

#44 4littlemonkeys

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Geez everyone must have lives! laughing2.gif

We have decided we have to get into sleep school for DD. She is such a shocker. DF was up for 4 hours with her last night and she just will not settle without us cuddling her to sleep. So i am going to ring tomorrow to see if i can book in without seeing a MACH nurse. I managed to do this once before, so will see *fingers crossed*.  I want to get in for a weekend visit - Friday - Sunday so then DF just has to take the Friday off work, so hopefully i can get in before the wedding. Fingers crossed!

Have to iron my work clothes for tomorrow, then i am off to bed.

Rach wink.gif

#45 KylieB

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Lisa - well, just tonight while getting the kids ready for bed I though I may dig up your number tonight and give you a call. Just to make sure you were all okay! So isn't that a coinki-dink? I think we missed you!

Rach - aw, that sucks about your nanny. Do you think you could afford 3 days from one you get from an agency? That would be cheaper than daycare, wouldn't it?  unsure.gif

Gemma - That is a real tough time when your kid is adjusting and being...errr...horrible. Sarah was like that. Aggi not so bad. Very difficult to keep your cool. And if you get stroppy with them it is okay by them because at least you are interacting with them. It is a real balancing act, looking after 3 kids. Especially such young ones. It does get easier so hang in there. I found it easier to go out than stay at home (are you driving yet?). So I would get everyone ready, pop them in the car and go to an indoor playcentre! Means Tahlia can run herself silly, and you can have a coffee at least but you are not having to "entertain" her original.gif Just gives you a little head space to get on with the rest of the day, no matter how big a ratbag she is.
Hmm, that is no good about Kevin. Are you making him dinner every night? Maybe miss a couple of nights and say that you had trouble getting around to it.... wink.gif

Right, all I have time for.

Hope you are feeling okay, Shan.  wub.gif

#46 4littlemonkeys

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

KylieB - Sadly 3 days from an agency nanny is actually more expensive than daycare cause i would have to pay over $20 per hour, plus insurance etc.  So no more working for me! I told DF if we get tight $$$ wise i could always look at nightfill or something like that.  A GF of mine does it so she could get me a spot i reckon!

Okey about to leave for work... i am so nervous about telling my boss. I am going to start by telling him if he will pay me $2300 per fortnight in the hand i will stay! blush.gif  Which i think is the equivilant of $100k per year and there is NO way he is going to do it! I think then he will realise how ridiculous childcare costs are!

Rach wink.gif

#47 ~NatB~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

Rach - Good luck mate!

Lisa - It is so nice to have you back here biggrin.gif  I hope life now settles down for you. We need to see photos of your boys to let you back in though wink.gif  laughing2.gif

Do you realise it is less than 3 weeks till the bash? Who is getting excited? waves.gif

KylieHB - How did your mums party go? are you glad it over and you can now settle back to normality?

Julia - What rabbit did you manage to catch? Thinking of you and Olivia this week.

Well the holidays have started here and so has the craziness. So you will either not see me for 2 weeks while I drown in kids or I will be in here every 5 mins for some venting and adult conversation in the hopes that I don't go mad......

#48 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

Ok I am back for two secs but will post later about my shocking holiday.

Shaz - sorry we didn't get to catch up but i was so busy with the family.

Shan - I was so sorry to hear what happened.  Hopefully you have a speedy recovery.  Big hugs and wet kisses.

Lisa - welcome back, I was getting worried about you.

Rach - bummer about the nanny. That is so annoying.  

OK will be back after I have a shower.

Big hugs

Lara

#49 *~Tinker~*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

Rach: Mentioned it on the phone last night, but if you ever need a nanny, you know where I am. Good luck getting into QE2.

Lisa and Lara:
Welcome back!!!! laugh.gif  Good to have you both back!

Those on school holidays - good luck, well wishes etc etc etc.

I sadly will now no longer be able to come to the birthday bash. cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  I was sooooo looking forward to it too.
Hope everyone enjoys themselves. Take heaps of photos for me.

Ok off like a frog in a sock.

#50 *~Tinker~*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Char(Aja): Love to come pver, but the reason why I can't go is I can't afford it anymore. Something has come up and things have become very tight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.