June 06 Parents #120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#51 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

hi girls,

Me again, don't forget to get your money in for the bash and t-shirt.

So far I have money from:

Gemma
Emma
Kylie HB
Bec+3
susie
mell
Leah
Rach
Shaz
Bel

Please, please have your money in this week.  I need to organise insurance for the community centre and we need to make a start on organising food. etc and I also need to order t-shirts

Hydz - did you get my bank account details yet?

Gemma - thank you so much for the present.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  

HB - so sorry I didn't pm you, I was going crazy at that stage.

Lisa - do you have my bank account details for the bash now

Char - I think you can take mumtotaylor off the birthday bash list.  She hasn't been in here for ages.

#52 *~Tinker~*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Lara/Char: cry1.gif Can you please also take me off the tshirt list.

#53 4littlemonkeys

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:44 AM

Hey girls

Schell - Bugger about the Bday Bash.  I will definitely utilise your services for babysitting- but working is definitely a no-go for me now. I am kinda in the mindset now to be home again.

Lisa - Welcome back!!

Well i talked to the boss. He was great about it, and we talked abotu figures and i told him what i'd need to work which is the equivilant of a Senior Associate Lawyer's salary. roll2.gif  Funnily enough he can't match that which i knew and i laughed and said i knew that!! He told me that if i can sort something out chidlcare wise to call him cause he'd have me back in a heartbeat, so that was nice to know.  

Not much else going on. My plan this week is to catch up with the filing.

I already have a few things organised every week now for when i'm off. Monday mornings i have a mothers morning tea group, tuesdays is afternoon playgroup (with schell & lara), wednesdays is day at home to do housework / cooking and a big walk around the lake, thursdays is morning playgroup (with nat) and fridays is day at home to clean up ready for weekend. So if i do all that it will be good. I am also going to try to get to the gym at least 3 times per week and then on both saturdays and sundays when BJ can look after hte kids as i will need that break from them when he can have some kid quality time.

I am going to look at the local tafe to see what courses they have of a nighttime, as i think i will need an outlet a few nights a week. I am thinking either digital photography, cake decorating or something like that.

BBL  - filing to do!

Rach original.gif

#54 KylieB

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:48 AM

Morning!

Rach - bum about the agency nanny. Exactly the reason so many women decide to stay at home sometimes, I think. The cost of care versus what you would actually bring home money wise  shrug.gif What can you do....

Schell - so sorry that you can't make the birthday bash  sad.gif

Got to run. Have to take SArah in for her blood tests  sad.gif  ph34r.gif She keeps saying no, mummy, no mummy when i talk to her about it. She knows exactly what is going to happen.

TTFN

Do the photography Rach!  smile1.gif

#55 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

Leah - I am hanging out for tax time as well.  We have to pay a for a few things including new tyres for our car. sad.gif  DH tells me that I am hard on them.

My holiday was ok.  Audrey flew really well.  She was a bit ancy on the way up and down but pretty good.  On the way home they moved me to the front so I could have more room and she screamed and carried on and then fell asleep.  I actually walked all the way off the plane with her asleep in my arms.

when we were in QLD my family spoiled her rotten and she acted like a spoilt brat.  She has started screaming when she doesn't get her own way. She did this a few times at the shops and at my Aunties house.  It was like she left her pleasant personality in Canberra.  It was lovely to see my family but I am tired from the screaming and the non sleeping.  Most nights she ended up with me in a single bed because my father couldn't be bothered giving up his queen sized bed for me.  I won't even go into how unhelpful he was.  Because it makes me so angry.  But we are home now and DH is sick as a dog.  Poor thing.  But at least we get to spend a few days together.  I think she could have possibly missed her daddy too.

Anyway if you read all my crap then you are a champion.  If not I don't care because I feel better getting it all out.

Big hugs

Lara

#56 KylieB

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

Excuse me but I can't be a*sed scrolling back...how much are the t-shirts?  blush.gif

Lara - Kirsty does the screaming and tantrums as well  laughing2.gif when she doesn't get her own way. Don't worry, it is generally just a milestone  huh.gif type thing, IYKWIM. I don't think it is because they are spoilt, moreso that they have realised that they can show anger? Before it was just crying etc now they really show the whole gammit of emotions original.gif
Shame about the holiday. Hope DH gets better quickly so you can have some lovely family time.

Leah - Sarah was a star with her blood test, DH said! She wiggled a little but he told her she had to be still. And there was only one nurse there to take blood. But she is the nurse I ususally go to and she is lovely and gentle and I rarely feel the needle go in.

Got to run

Brisbane Ladies
I'm going to head out and take my girls to Little Tiggrs this afternoon. It is on Newmarket Road, Newmarlet in the same complex as Mamas Home and all the homemaker shops. I'm thinkng around 2ish, with any luck. I'll check back on to see if anyone else feeles like coming original.gif

#57 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

Kylie - $15 each and $5 postage if you are not coming to the bash.

#58 JuliaGulia

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Hi girls

Feeling sooo crappy today.  Had some nasty pains last night - and the whole time DH is lying next to me complaining about how tired he is rolleyes.gif.  Seriously, I am going to have to have a big chat because I really don't need to hear that from him right now!

Speaking of naughty DH's (or DPs) - Gemma - that boy needs a serious talking to.  I can't believe he has just left you alone like that.  Honestly, it's not at all surprising that Tahlia is playing up a bit.  She needs some extra attention from her Dad, and you desperately need some help.

Kylie - you have a real little trooper there.  Hopefully nothing serious shows up on the results.

Lara - What a shame about your holiday.  I find it really hard being away from home when you have a baby.  You are so organised at home and then when you take them out of their environment it really throws them, I think.  I'm sure she'll settle down again now that she is at home.

Schell - hope everything is okay!

Rach - bummer about the job.  Hopefully you can get something else sorted when BJ gets his next posting.

Lisa - Hi!

Leah/Nat - I love the holidays because DH is at home (sort of) and I don't have to do the mad rush in the mornings.

I rang Baby Bunting this morning and they have my pram back in stock.  I am getting a Valco Tandem, because Olivia is too little to just use a toddler seat.  So I'll be popping down there later.  I wonder what else "baby" I can find to spend my money on wink.gif.  

BBL

#59 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Julia - your stuff will arrive at my house this week and I will post it at the end of the week.  I hope those pains go away for you.

Kylie - glad to hear that what Audrey is doing is normal.  But it is so annoying especially when you are in a shopping centre and she just keeps screaming and screaming.  No tears just loudness.

6 Members: laraq75, RachieD, seepi, kjamo, emmamc, Schell

Are we all bored or something, or just happy to see me back. original.gif

#60 ~gemma~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

eexcite.gif cclap.gif yaaaay Lisa's back woohoo, i missed you  blush.gif

Welcome back Lara, gald you liked the prezzie, i hope Audrey likes it too  biggrin.gif

Kylie ~ Playcentre sounds like a good idea, might take them out on Friday once i have some $$

Julia ~ I was going to get the Valco but ended up with ummm, baby brain... i think i got the babylove one, not sure, its still on layby and im picking it up this weekend. I prefer the bar to bring the seats down and not the straps
iykwim  blush.gif

Kevin is home today and he is actually doing something, maybe he read my post lol...

Anyway gota dash, BBL

#61 seepi

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

hehe - HI Lara!!!!

- Adele does the yelling too - I thought she learned it at daycare!

Cass

#62 4littlemonkeys

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Isabel does the yelling too. She is such a spoilt little thing that DF runs when he hears her! laughing2.gif   I told him that is GOING to change.  

Canberra girls - can any of you tell me the number in the blue book to ring to talk to book into see a MACH nurse please.

Just had lunch and now i'm still hungry. Might have to have some fruit now.. oh such fun!  

Rach wink.gif

Edited by RachieD, 09 July 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#63 ~NatB~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

LOL....I bet Tynan will win the squealing comp at the bash in a few weeks. He he 3 brothers to compete with so he is very experienced dev (6).gif . Tynan also chucks a great tantie when he dosen't get his own way.

Leah/ Julia - you don't think I could borrow your DH's for the holidays? lol....I didn't think so.

Tynan has decided today that pooing is better than sleeping. So he has slept for about 1 hr and done 3 poos ohmy.gif . He will be a tired boy tonight.

Kylie glad to read it wasn't to traumatic for Sarah.

BBL

Rach - 62071043 MACH nurse

#64 Xanadu25

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Hi all, just a quick one from work while I'm trying to catch up on you chatterboxes

Just filling in for the office girl while the boss is away and she leaves at 3 also. EB time  laughing2.gif

Jack is also a tanty boy at the moment. Sounds like a kettle boiling. red face and all  tongue.gif

Back later

Okay, better get back to eB surfing.

#65 ~gemma~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Me again

Kylie ~ Glad to hear that the blood taking was a success...

Schell ~ sad.gif but i really really wana meet you sad.gif Sucks that you cant come up sad.gif

Shan ~ Hope you are feeling ok

Nat ~ Jordan can throw a pretty good tanty too, just not as good as his sister...

Ok, im trying to catch up, really i am, but i think i am that far behind its just not funny!

I am folding washing, well trying to anyway, i wish someone would tell me where it all comes from lol

2moro Madi and i are off to the doctor for a review of her weight and to check her eyes again, they have cleared up so thats a good sign. I have no luck getting a wee sample from her, so i hope he doesnt get up me...On a good note, Madi put on 200g since last wednesday cclap.gif on a sad note, she isnt getting enough from me, so im on the verge of giving up BF all together, even with the help of drugs its not changing and i can spend over an hour sitting there feeding and she will still cry hunger and be happy once she has had the bottle!

Anyway gota go again...

#66 ~gemma~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

ohmy.gif toys r us have a tandem pram on sale for $100 less than the one i have on layby...Thought id post here for Julia, sale starts in thursday, im going to have a look and if its any good i might grab that and cancel the layby that i have... Oh and its $199 save $100

#67 BelnBen

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

Moo - We have spoken to MIL about buying stuff before, but it's like it goes in one ear, stays a bit, then disappears! DH asked her a few weeks ago to hold off on buying stuff, it lasted a few weeks, then I got an avalanche! Must have been buying stuff the whole time and just stockpiling!

Seepi - The Great Depression!! LOL!

Emma - I hadn't even realised I got the wooden spoon - my first award in ages!

Mell - Why do family have to be so much trouble?? blink.gif

Rach - Unfortunately I think most dance music used at weddings is corny! We ended using a track of a smooth jazz album we bought from our fave radio station in NYC when we lived there and no-one knew it - but we loved it and it was very special to us. Sorry to hear about your job and the Nanny - very unfair of her to do that after you checked it all out with her.

Kirsten - She's been moving in furniture for ages!! We keep finding things! Yes, scary!

Julia - Thanks for all that mate. I have worked hard and just as well, because if I hadn't, I'm sure I would just crash at the moment! Thanks on the H treatment. I might try the witch hazel. It has improved from some anusol I had from last time. Sorry to hear Olivia is having such a rough time trying to get blood taken - poor mite.

KylieB - Poor Sarah! Sorry, why is she having bllood taken - did I miss that?

Schell - Awwww! Will miss you.

Lisa - Welcome back!!!

Lara - Sorry things were not so great on your hol. I posted last week about organising the food etc, but hadn't realised till afterwards that you were away. I thought the 'committee' people should all have a chat - but now Shan might be out for a bit. Is there any way we can PM everyone at once, or does it have to be seperate PM's?

Shannon - So sorry to hear all you went through mate. I would certainly look at taking some action on the original doctor's treatment of you. Hoep you are on the mend quickly and I am so glad that they did not put you in the mat ward! When I had to be induced with Toby, they needed to put me there to keep a watch on progress etc as I was just in a room, not the delivery rooms, but they at least said they would put me in a more remote room so I wouldn't hear all the babies.

Here - I have just had the Mum/DH thing again! What is this? The Monday special??? Anyway, it came out through my honesty that Dh doesn't want Mum minding Ben. She lost it! I can see points from both sides, but dont' fully agree with either and want to keep the peace with both, so it makes it very hard. I personally think Dh is too hard on her and is trying to create too perfect a world. The thinking behind his actions is admirable - Ben's safety etc, but his way about it is too regimented and strict. But then Mum has faults too - well so does everyone, but Dh just sees hers! Mum is very upset and feels like she is loosing even more in her already rather pitiful life - so that makes it very hard.
Anyway, enough of my ramble.

On a lighter note - I managed to breifly meet an idol on Friday!! I was extremely lucky and it was just by pure chance! We went to the "Audience with Stephen Sondheim" and it was magical. A friend of mine who has connections with him said he was meeting him at the State theatre afterwards - inside knowledge. Anyway, I waited at the stage door for about an hour and fielded the 4 or 5 dud stories we got spun regarding him already having left. Knowing he hadn't as "Company" cast members told us the truth! (I met David Campbell too!)
I had to leave and get the bus home to get the car and collect B from DC, so as it was on the way, we walked past the State theatre. I looked into the foyer and there was no movement behind the doors, so turned to keep walking and walking towards us was my friend and Mr Sondheim!!! In the middle of Market St!! I was very taken aback - and my friend realised this and that I obviously hadnt' been stalking there on what he told us. Anyway, it was obvious he was on strict instructions to get him inside and the woman sho spun the first and worst story at the stage door almost pushed me away, but Mr Sondheim stopped for me anyway - for my persisitence and the T-shirt with his music on it that I was wearing! And signed the program to me!!!! Had a bad pen, so had to hold it all the way home for it to dry, and then got stuck in traffic and was late for B (but kept ringing so they didn't charge me!), but it was rather special.
Okay, I'm a music theatre tragic!

Going now...
Bel

#68 WaywardAngelBec

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

Hey guys

I'm going to be MIA.  I lost bub yesterday and am not coping cry1.gif  
Lara - I'll deposited the money for the shirt on Wednesday if thats ok.

Cheers

#69 ~NatB~

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

Oh Bec - I am so sorry for you. Take all the time you need knowing we will welcome you back with open arms when you are ready.

#70 laraq75

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

WAbec - I am so sorry to hear your news.  No problems about the money.  I will PM you when I get it.  Please come back to us when you are ready.  We will be here for you.

#71 *~Tinker~*

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Oh Bec, sad.gif  I am so sorry for your loss, as PP have said, take your time. You will be missed. You know where we are when you need us.

#72 MRT

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Oh Bec you poor poor thing, it never rains but it pours for you hey. cry1.gif

Take all the time you need hun and as everybody else has said we are here for you anytime for anything.

#73 Xanadu25

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

Hi Bec, sorry to hear of your loss. please take care of yourself. Big hugs to you  sad.gif

#74 seepi

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

WA Bec - I am so very sorry to hear what has happened.
Life can be very cruel sometimes.
Take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you are ready.

- Lara/Bel - I just popped in to let you know that we can't make it to the Birthday Bash now. I am so disappointed - I was really looking forward to meeting everyone in person and showing off Adele. sad.gif

Cass

#75 roni29

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

Bec - I'm very, very sorry to hear your news. You poor thing. Thinking of you.

Edited at the risk of sounding like an idiot. will post again!

Edited by roni29, 10 July 2007 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.