Ideas for pork mince!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LittleMuffin

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

I found some pork mince in my freezer, anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it? I've never used it before!!

Thanks!  grin.gif

#2 Guest_dixiebelle_*

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

Pork and Lime Patties...

In a bowl mix the pork mince with an egg, oyster sauce, kecap manis, crushed garlic, grated fresh ginger, lime zest and lime juice, and the secret ingredient a small amount of brown sugar or palm sugar, as well as some finely chopped red capsicum or green beans...

Using your hands, or two tablespoons, scoop out small patties and fry in small amount of oil, or cook on the BBQ...

Serve with thai fried rice or just as an entree...

Or try these:
Asian pork patties

Preparation Time
15 minutes
Cooking Time
12 minutes

Ingredients (serves 4)
350g pork mince
1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
50g green beans, topped, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs peanut oil
1 long green chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp peanut oil, extra
1 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
Method
Place pork mince, carrot, beans, onion, coriander and 1 tbs of the fish sauce in a bowl. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide into 12 portions. Use your hands to shape each into 2cm-thick, round 5cm patties.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside. Repeat with remaining patties.
Meanwhile, place the chilli, lime juice, sugar, extra oil and remaining fish sauce in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
Place lettuce leaves on serving plates. Top with patties and drizzle with a little of the lime mixture. Serve with the remaining lime mixture.

Pork & coconut patties

50g fresh gluten free breadcrumbs (If you haven't got any gluten free bread to hand, you could use our gluten free food glue instead)
50 ml coconut milk (if you use a coconut block they're always gluten free - at least I've never seen one that isn't - and you don't have to open a tin to use this little bit)
450g minced pork
2 tsp gluten free thai green curry paste
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lime

Soak the gluten free breadcrumbs in the coconut milk for 5-10 minutes, then mix with the pork and other ingredients.

Form into 15-20 small patties. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry in batches for about 5 minutes on each side until nice and brown and cooked through.

(To get your flavouring just right, fry a little mix and taste before making your patties so you can adjust).

We served the gluten free pork and coconut patties with a little plain rice and a salad (just because the pak choi from the garden is ready for the first time this year original.gif )

http://www.celiactravel.com/blog/2007/05/p...ut-patties.html

Or try Thai pork meatloaf

Edited by dixiebelle, 18 July 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#3 Mia_Roi

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

Egg Roll Pork

Ingredients

500 g pork mince
1 teaspoon salt (I leave this out)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons peanut oil
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
6 tablespoons plain flour
4 eggs (beaten)

Method.

combine meat with salt, pepper, soy sauce, chopped onion and garlic, peanut oil and sesame seeds.

Roll into small balls and flatten slightly. Dust with flour and roll in beaten egg.

Fry in hot peanut oil for 15 mins until well browned.

Serve with plain rice and steamed veges (carrot, broccoli,celery etc.)

#4 MrsG

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

Just use it as you would Beef mince. Spaghetti, rissoles etc. I only ever use Pork Mince now as i find the flavour is not as strong as Beef mince IYKWIM?

#5 Ellie1982

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Try making gyoza - pork dumplings.

Just brown the mince, shred 1/2 cabbage and throw that in with the cooking mince, together with a dash of soy sauce.

Cool the cooked meat for a bit and then use it to fill gow gee wrappers (found in freezer section of mose super markets). Steam until translucent or fry until golden. Serve with steamed rice, stir-fried veggies and a side of soy sauce and/or wasabi for dipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.