156 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lush_*

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

New thread ladies original.gif

Link to last thread..

#2 IvyRose

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi Guys,

Hoping I can join. I think I was on a month or so ago but haven't been back and would like to start chatting again with you guys if possible.
I am now 17 weeks pregnant with twins.

#3 mybabyboy

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hi everyone, got a text from Leisurly last night:

24 july twin 1 (weeny) boy born at 12:06 wt 3481 and twin 2 boy born at 12:08 wt 2486. was in special baby unit now with mum.  Mum doing well.

Congratulations Lesley.  Great to hear everything is well.  Can't wait to find out the names and see some pics...

#4 jill72

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

[[size=3]center]CONGRADULATIONS LESLIE ON YOUR BOYS!![/size]

Hope you're keeping well, can't wait to see first piccies & read your story.

Ivyrose;  good to hear from you again, how are you going? It's been ages.

#5 *~Kellie~*

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

Congrats Lesley!!

Beautiful weights, can't wait to get all the juicy.

Cheers

Kellie

#6 rob6712col

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:39 AM

Congratulations Lesley!!!!  Wow what wonderful weights of your two new baby boys.
Can't wait to hear how things went.

Robyn

#7 lawshas3girls

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Woo Hoo Congratulations Leisurly on the birth of your two baby boys!  What fantastic weights!!

Can't wait to hear more goss!!  Hope you and the bub's are well!

Hi and welcome back ivyrose.  Look forward to seeing you in here.

Laus

#8 Guest_~Karla~_*

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Woohoo Lesley!!  Congratulations on your 2 healthy boys!! biggrin.gif

#9 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Congratulations Leisurly on the arrival of your 2 boys happy.gif

Great weights, can't wait to hear what their names are and see some pics. original.gif

#10 nessrose

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hey guys,

I'm sure i've missed heaps since being MIA, but firstly;

Leisurely - CONGRATULATIONS  biggrin.gif  on the arrival of your boys. You did an amazing job and must be so proud. What fantastic weights. Wishing you all the best with everything and can't wait to see some pics  biggrin.gif  

Hey, that means I must be next! tongue.gif

Me - have just gotten out of hospital last night. Unfortunately my blood pressure shot up to 140/90 and my OB admitted me just in case. Bloods are normal and bp has now gone down. OB thought it could be that something was about to happen or I just needed a rest. Turns out I just needed a rest! biggrin.gif

Will be seeing him again on Monday, but he did say that if I haven't gone into labour by Friday week (3 August), then may think of an induction. Yikes!! blink.gif  It's all happening so fast!  

Hopefully things will start happening soon. Can't wait to meet them now!

Anyway, belly rubs to all and will keep you updated. Take care everyone.

#11 IvyRose

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

Laus & JillThanks for the welcome back.
I have been meaning to come back on but have been side tracked by another site and also just really really tired and haven't been getting on the pc at home as much.
The little buggers have really been knocking me about. I haven't really had morning sickness just extreme tiredness and anaemia.

LeisurlyCONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful news. So excited for you

#12 rob6712col

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

Ladyhawk- good on you for having a small belly, don't woryy you will catch up.  I am only short but rather round and my belly is sticking out just fine.LOL

Laus73- I hear your on the upper back pain and yes I think it is just something we will have until these bubbas arrive.  Hope you can try to some reprieve from it

dainz- know what you mean about the XL maternity clothes starting to get too tight already. I too am normallya size 14-16 and out of my 6 maternity tops really only 3 look ok still.  The others are stretched to the limit.  Also wondering what others have done nearing the end and also about PJ's, what are you guys wearing?  I never used to wear anything but getting up to DD in the middle of the night is a bit cold and my regular PJ's are getting a bit snug.
Also with the buddy group I will need to do a bit of jiggling around I think.

Molly01 - Blocked nose here too, but only at night. Just sinus problems and I don't know of any easy fix but rather annoying

karla - supplements=vomiting for me. I had tests done only last week and I just have to have iron in natural foods etc instead of supplements.  Hopefully all works out for you.

Ivyrose - welcome back to the group.  I will add you to the list and if you want to give me any more info to add just let me know.  Also would you like to go on the birth buddy list?

nessrose- glad to hear you are out of hospital and everythin has settled back down again for you. Must be a bit of a scare though.  At least you know an end date now if you don't go earlier, 3rd august is not far away at all!!!

Me- nothing to report, everything is just plodding along.

With the birth buddy groups could everyone let me know if they have made contact with their buddies or if we need to change them around again please. The original ones were:

Leisurly, Khax, rob6712col

nessrose, Laus73, Molly

Hails80, dainz, Ladyhawk

Jil34, ET, Danielle

Karla, babyjamesmum, Realism

However Leisurly was already covered (and now a graduate) and ha anyone heard from Khax?  I know Hails80 is also covered I beleive and will now add ivyrose. But please PM me so I know - thanks ladies.

I know I have already said it but WOOHOO Leisurly, huge big boys.

Take care everyone

Robyn

#13 rob6712col

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

nessrose Ness
Twins (natural conception)
EDD: 16/08/2007
Calvary Private Hospital Canberra

Hails80 Haylie
Twins (natural conception)
EDD: 23/08/07
North Eastern Community Hospital or the Women's and Childrens Hospital  SA

Annaluke Kylie
1 Twin (pink)
EDD: August/September '07

khax Kate
Twins (identical - natural conception)
EDD: 13/09/07
North West Private QLD

Laus
Twins (both pink)(natural conception)
EDD: 24/09/07

Lilismum Anna
Twins
EDD: 28/10/07
QLD

Rob6712col Robyn
Twins (IVF#4) Twins (both pink)
EDD: 12/11/07 - c-section 26/10/07
Calvary John James Memorial Hospital Canberra

dainz
Twins (natural conception) Twins (both pink)
EDD: 11/11/07 - c-section 26/10/07
Sydney South West private

Molly
Twins (OI)
EDD: 15/11/07

Jill34
Twins (IVF#1)
EDD: 3/12/07
North West Private Hospital Brisbane

Ladyhawk
Twins (Natural Conception)
EDD: 23/12/07
Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital

ET
Twins (Natural Conception)
EDD 24/12/2007

Ivyrose
Twins
EDD 29/12/2007

~karla~
Twins (identical - natural conception)
EDD 13/01/2008

Babyjamesmum Sonja
1 Twin
EDD: 31/01/08

*Danielle*
Identical Twins (FSH Injections or OI)
EDD: 10/02/08 -  Probably a C-Section due to previous cs
Royal Hobart Hospital

realism Lisa
Twins
EDD: 06/02/08

GRADUATES

Bec
ppinkstork.gif Georgia Nicole and Katie Arnelle
10/01/2007 32wk6d

Melbop Mel
ppinkstork.gif Evie Charlotte and Thomas William bbluestork.gif
20/04/2007 32wk2d

Tilly
ppinkstork.gif Layla Eve and Oscar Thomas bbluestork.gif
22/05/07 35wk4d

Redchick
bbluestork.gif Tom and Leo
25/05/07 37wk1d

Marnie
bbluestork.gif Max Kenneth and Blake Daniel
28/05/07 31wk3d

Mybabyboy
bbluestork.gif Isaac and Jacob
04/06/07 38wk4d

Gumby Kate
bbluestork.gif Isaiah Raymond and Kyla Dawn ppinkstork.gif
07/06/07 36wk4d

Spots Emma
ppinkstork.gif Ashley and Paige and Jackson bbluestork.gif
08/06/07 35wk4d

Gagsmissus Nat
ppinkstork.gif Bethany and Amelia
11/06/2007

Grub11 Amy
ppinkstork.gif Elke and Gabriella
12/06/2007

SarahKate
bbluestork.gif Mitchell and Fletcher
18/06/07

Aquarius76
bbluestork.gif Cooper and Addison ppinkstork.gif
22/06/07

Kellie
bbluestork.gif Joseph and Elizabeth ppinkstork.gif
23/06/07

Leisurly
bbluestork.gif name and name
24/07/07

Lost little ones
Bronzi - Jonas and Charlotte
Annaluke - one twin ~12wks
Babyjamesmum Ė one twin ~ 12 wks

#14 *danielle*

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

bbighug.gif CONGRATS LESURLY, wow what good sized boys, my dd was only 3040 and she was a single!! so happy for you, cant wait to hear about your story.

Well just a quick me post for today sorry for lack of personals.
I had my hospital appointment this morning.  All up it took 3 hours!!!! ohmy.gif  they were soooo over booked, but they assured me that it isnt always like that.
Saw the midwife first and she was fantastic.  She took all the history and we talked about breastfeeding etc, and then also the problems i had with DD (no amniotic fluid, then brain damage) so they will keep an eye on all of that.  The saw the Doc, he was lovely, i saw him a few times with DD.  He did a scan and they are both still there!!!! YAY!!! both bubs were kicking and waving and both have hearts beating away.
I have the NT scan booked for the 6th august so hopefully will get some good pics and have a better look and them both.  He is a little concerned that they may not have a membrane in between them so later on they may get tangled up together but we will be able to see more at the 12 week scan.  He was only a doc and the ultrasound ppl are better trained to do the scans a bit better.
Soooo relieved to know they are all still going ok.  They are both the same size so at this stage no sign of Twin Transfusion.

Sonja: im so sorry to hear about the loss of 1 of your little ones.  words cannot express.  I hope that my news hasnt caused you any problems bbighug.gif please keep dropping by if you can.

Big belly rubs to everyone else.

I will be back later on with a pic hopefully

#15 JunkandDisorderly

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Congratulatons Leisurly! Looking forward to hearing names and seeing pictures.  biggrin.gif

Robyn, Big W sell PJ seperates, some of their bottoms have quite a thick elastic waist and drawstrings which seem to even fit around my expanding girth at least. I stocked up on them with my previous pregnancies so I know they do the job. I also use larger size T-shirts from Lowes for PJ tops.

*danielle*, sounds like great news from your first hospital visit albeit with a 3 hour wait. Looks like a big 'scanning' week next week, I'm having my morphology scan on the 2nd.

nessrose the 4th is a great day for babies, my DD's birthday.  tongue.gif You must be getting very excited.

Arrived back home last night after 4 hour flight delay.  rant.gif Qantas have really been going downhill I'm finding, lucky for me I won't be flying any time soon again. That is enough to raise my blood pressure.

Has anyone been advised to visit their hospital's SCN for a look see? I met with one midwife from my hospital who told me I should organise a visit as she said she would no doubt see me in there with my babies. Not sure I want to be that prepared? Anyone else think it beneficial?

#16 *Spots*

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

Edited by *Spots*, 25 July 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#17 Ladyhawk

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

Lesley,

CONGRATULATIONS ON TWO BEAUTIFUL BOUNCY BOYS

Glad you are well.  wub.gif  wub.gif

#18 tilly121

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

to Lesley and DH
on the long-awaited arrivals of
your two beautiful boys

Can't wait to hear names and see lots and lots of pics...

cool.gif Tilly

#19 telli

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hi girls,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Chantel, I'm a friend/pseudo SIL of Bec.  She sent me this link  when I found out that I'm pregnant with twins a couple of weeks ago (still seems weird to see that in writing) - has been great to read some of your posts. I was having trouble finding anything that put a positive spin on the whole twin pregnancy scenario and I feel much better after reading how well some of you have done.

#20 rob6712col

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Welcome telli, great to see you joining us and congrats on the twins. It is a very surreal experience isn't it.  I have popped you on the list so if you want more info on it then please update me

Robyn

#21 lawshas3girls

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hi and welcome Telli!  Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!  Wishing you all the best for the upcoming months and look forward to seeing you around in here.

Don't worry, you're feeling the same way most of us felt when we discovered we're having twins, I'm sure!  Still feels surreal some days that's for sure!

Remember we're all here for support whenever!!

Cheers
Laus

#22 dainz

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

telli - big congrats to you. It was the biggest shock ever for me, we don't have twins anywhere in the fam. I don't even know anyone with twins. natural conception too. I'm 24 weeks and I can honestly say it took me 'til about 2 weeks ago to fully believe and accept it (sort of - I still need to see with my own eyes) At every scan I kept asking if there were still 2??? Now I'm warming to the idea. Reading heaps helped me - local library got in twin books especially, AMBA, internet searches, and most of all eavesdropping/ lurking in here. The shock does wear off, so welcome.

Rob - you are sooooo good at personals, how do you remember so many? Has your vomiting completely stopped? How's DD in the big bed? Sussan's have the best range of sleepwear ever. i picked up 3 pairs of stretchy, super soft cotton P.J's and I want soooo badly to wear them to work.

#23 ~Bec~

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

Hi Chantel!

Glad you joined us! I don't post here much but I stalk a lot ph34r.gif lol. Like I said the other day I still sometimes can't get my head around having twins, and they're 6 months old already!

Will catch up soon. The BeeHinds demo is Friday 17th August at 10am. ~Karla~ is coming along too original.gif .

Hi everyone else! And congrats again to Lesley and DH on those beautiful bouncing baby boys! I've added you to the Multiples Under 1 group Lesley so come on over whenever you're ready!

Gotta run!
Bec

#24 melbop

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

I just posted a big congrats to Lesley, but it dissappeared!!

So here goes again:

Congratulations to Lesley and DH on two beautiful little bubby boys! Great weights, and I too cannot wait to hear names and see pics.

All the best to the other expecting multiples mummies!!

Mel

#25 RedHeadMatch

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Hi all!!

Was looking around and found this thread so I thought I would drop in and introduce myself, hope no-one minds original.gif

Iím 17 weeks pregnant with identical twins original.gif Iím due on the 29th of December but I will probably pop early Iím told. This is my first pregnancy and Iím pretty young, I was actually in my first year doing a degree in Midwifery when I found out (when morning sickness kicked in I had to put all study on hold). Not only were the twins not expected but I religiously took the pill every day as well, so they were a huge shock!

Hello to Ladyhawk as I know you from the other thread original.gif

Hope all expecting bellys are going good and all new mummies are handling everything well.

Hope to get to know everyone better soon original.gif

Jess

Oh and Congrates to Lesley on your boys original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.