Itchy boobs while breastfeeding.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 baclava

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

My boobs have been really itchy for the past week. I am breastfeeding my 5 week old without any problems as such. Is this common? I can't really put anything on them as I don't want bub to ingest any cream/lotion etc? I want to REALLY scratch them!!!!!!!

Anyone else? What do you think  I could do?

#2 Alina0210

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

yep i got that too...

no idea what it was... might be somthing to do the the let down...

#3 baclava

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

Did it last the whole time you breatfed or did it settle down after a couple of months?

#4 ~Bec~

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yep I had that. There was one spot in particular that became red and incredibly itchy at all times. I actually treated it with canestan cream as I had thrush on my nipples and thought it might be from that? It did clear up.

Oh I remember the frustration well!

#5 Strawberries

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

i had this (and still do sometimes) Only one side would itch and i'd just have to scratch. it was a real prickly, crawly itch.

at first i thought it was my let down, but i now have this and its different.

i found that i'd get it at the end of a feed or when DS wasn't attached very well. it has eased off a fair bit now.

i checked with the midwife, who was a bit perplexed, but not concerned anyway.

#6 *maddierose*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

Yep i had it too, usually same side, same spot. I don't know why. I still get it on occasion. I use to scartch and poor ds would come unattatched. OOps my boobs itchy just thinking about it.

#7 Reneej

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

when this happened to me it was thrush  wink.gif

Cheers Renee

#8 Strawberries

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

mine definately was not thrush. it was around the breast, not nipple or areola

#9 Alina0210

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:10 PM

mine wasn't trush either...

yes it did settle down after about 2 month mark, when the milk supply settled.

#10 baclava

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hi. Yes mine is all around the top of the breasts and it just goes all day. However., I am at home today and going braless and they are not AS bad. So maybe it is something to do with constriction? I have no nipple trouble either so don't think it is thrush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.