Who's on FaceBook?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 bzzzbee

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

www.facebook.com

so who's already on there?  I'm waaaay out of touch with these things.

#2 brazen

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

i think mr brazen just signed up. i just can't be bothered signing up at one more place...

#3 senimili

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

Not 10 mins ago on skynews they said overnight facebook was taken down for a couple of hours after it was discovered that users could access other user's personal information despite having a security wall.

Be careful what information you put on the site.

#4 mr brazen

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:30 AM

Yep  - I'm on it   original.gif  because I'm a shameless sheep  tongue.gif

and was  curious ....

Usual rules apply though - don't put anything on there that you wouldn't be comfortable with a complete stranger reading (especially not date of birth, address etc.)

#5 brazen

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

the whole date of birth thing makes me laugh. anyone with half a brain can work out our DOB's and we put our kids' out there for the world to see. it must be time the banks etc stopped using DOB as a form of ID... (along with easy to find things like middle name, address etc)

Edited by brazen, 02 August 2007 - 07:54 AM.

#6 lovingmother

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

man i'm on so many i can't keep up but yes i found out i was  blush.gif

#7 Nut

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Yep I am on it

#8 *bunny*

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

No, I'm not on facebook. I don't think I'm interesting enough for anyone to be interested. tongue.gif

I've always thought it completely stupid that banks etc ask you things such as DOB and address to identify you.

How hard is it for anyone to get those details. wacko.gif

#9 purple_elmo

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

I joined, because my SIL wanted me to, lol, but I have never done anything in there.

#10 Bluemist

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Well I stumbled upon this and I just have to say totally off topic that Mr Brazen....LOVE YOUR SIG original.gif (Would you believe........)

#11 josieA

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

I am ...my friends and I are going to use it to organise our annual camping trip smile1.gif

#12 brazen

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:05 AM

you have me curious josie, so i've signed up too  rolleyes.gif hehe i had 10 contacts already - don't you wish you always had instant friends  tongue.gif

#13 josieA

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hey Brazen...I just found you!! I'm gonna make you my friend biggrin.gif

#14 Dino-Mite

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

How strange.  Ollie was telling me about this about 1 hour ago.  Till then, I had never heard of it and now I find this post.  

Ollie has signed up but I am not sure that I am interested.  I don't know enough about it to feel that I missing out on something.

#15 bzzzbee

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

naa you're not really missing out but it's fun when old school friends find you and vice versa.

#16 laraq75

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

I am on there, it is so damn addictive. Anybody up for a game of scrabble?

#17 mr brazen

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

hey josie,  i thought it must be you - cool!

karen

#18 mumstheword

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Well I have not been touched by this YET, but no doubt soon will be.

DH has signed up and is currently competing against Lisa who can get the most friends.

So guys go ahead and add DH to your friends list and help him win his little competition!

#19 brazen

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

i don't even know lisa's surname so couldn't add her if i wanted to lol
ps: i was asked the other day if i was the karen the tw lady that mark talked about on the radio  blink.gif so was i? lol   laughing2.gif

#20 4littlemonkeys

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

I am! I love wub.gif it.  I have about 5 games of Scrabble going at the moment though! laughing2.gif I like the fact that one of my girlfriends just had a baby in the UK and i can watch video of the baby on there as soon as it happens! It is awesome! wink.gif

#21 L712

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

I'm on there too.  Some what addicted ph34r.gif Can't stop checking what everyone is up too!!  Keeps me entertained!  Good way to share pics too.

#22 *Mands*

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

I know nothing about facebook - how is it different to a blog?

#23 purple_elmo

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

I am! I love  it. I have about 5 games of Scrabble going at the moment though!

Rach, it's your go in at least 2 of those games  grin.gif

#24 renee_nay

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Okay - I just joined up too. What happens now? I am pretty clueless with these things!  laughing2.gif

#25 emishka

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

off to look for scrabble to add...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.