Great kids parks in Sydney!! Do you know one??

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 mummy~2~two

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hi Girls,

Well my DD is getting more active and as the weather is going to start to warm up soon (I'm sure) I am looking for some great kids parks.

Anyway so I thought I would start a thread where everyone can post the great parks they know of.

So name your park and what it features....

I'll start....

North Rocks Park
North Rocks Rd, Carlingford
It has great equipment for say 2-6 year olds (young adventurous bubs could get quite high) and soft fall on the ground which is great for those bubs who like putting everything in their mouths. It is fully fenced and has a couple of BBQ's as well. There is no shade cloth only big gum tree's so I would imagine it would get quite hot there in the summer.

So I would love to hear about all the other great parks that are around.

Mer

#2 Lotus

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:18 AM

Blenheim Park, North Ryde is awesome.. It has several different play areas - catering for children of all ages, a fenced off dog leash free area, BBQs and picnic huts, a huge flying fox, a big sandpit area, kids bike track with jumps and obstacles, loads of swings, slides, a giant spiderweb to climb on etc. It's great.  grin.gif

Others we regularly go to are...

Bronte Beach Children's Playground; Jacka Park, Harbord; Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park, Newington Armory, Homebush; Balmoral Beach & Playground; Fox Studios Playground.

#3 mummy~2~two

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for that Lotus!! That's not too far from my Mum and Dad's place so we may have to check it out.

Anyone else??

#4 Dino-Mite

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

Centennial Park - bike track for learners and a duck pond.  Oh, and heaps of grass to run around.

Olympic Park - ride around - very safe for bike riding.    Not actually sure what else is there though.

Tumberlong (sp??) Park at Darling Harbour - great playground and a sand pit.

#5 scully73

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Win Park at Mona Vale.  Good stuff for kids of all ages.  Fenced and attached to Flying Fox Cafe.  Good food and coffee there and they do kids lunch boxes as well.

Bicentennial Park at West Pymble is pretty good too.

#6 mummy~2~two

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

BUMP!!!

Surely there has to be more than this.....

Edited by mers, 11 August 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#7 stripedgiraffe

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

Bicentennial Park, West Pymble - off Lofberg Road.  Oval and two fenced play areas, one for older children, one younger with sand pit.

Bales Park, Stanley St, Chatswood - fenced playground with some paths and range of equipment for children of most ages.  Sand too.

Those are the best two closest to me, anyway!!

#8 ~~Determined~~

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

Ditto to Serioustiger - those 2 are my favs!

Also ditto to Homebush - but not fenced.

I haven't been, but a few of the mums say Putney park is good and there is a pool area for when it is warm.

Also there is a good park on Pittwater road at East Ryde - buffalo park I think. Not fenced but bike tracks and other equipment

There are a couple at North Rocks too. One on north Rocks road near the community centre, the other just around the corner. Both fenced! A key requirement for my boy!!

Also one at North Epping.

#9 Binna

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

With three young ones to look after I prefer fenced parks. The only one I have seen is in Hornsby on David Edgeworth Avenue. Has small bike tracks an older play area, younger play area. My boys had a ball there on the weekend, but I was trying to remember where the North Rocks one was Meredith.

Does Blenheim Park have fencing?

#10 mummy~2~two

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

Thanks girls.

Hey Belinda,

A friend went to Blenheim Park on the weekend and said it was soooo busy!!! It was such a great weekend weather wise though.  I don't think it is fenced either.

Going to have to check out West Pymble Bicentenial park soon.

I will add Ruddock Park at Westleigh to the list.

It has good play equipment with soft fall (no shade cloth though) picnic tables, BBQ's, tennis courts and a bike track with plenty of grass. No fence though.

Mer

#11 cryptic

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

What about...
Bicentenial Park, Annandale - large fenced play area with interesting equipment. Good for older kids too. Partially shaded by trees. BBQ area and a beautiful location by the harbour.

#12 Lotus

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

Does Blenheim Park have fencing?

AFAIK only the "leash free" area for dogs is fenced off, but it's a very safe park (trust me I'm Ms Paranoia!).

FYI all the play areas/bike tracks are located well away from the carpark - which is the only place cars travel anywhere near the park and it's situated pretty much below Epping Rd with the actual street it's on being a dead end, so very little traffic flow. HTH. original.gif

#13 scuttlebutt

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

there is a great fenced playground at centennial park up near the Oxford St gates.  On Thurs, Fri and Sat they even have a baby animal thing for $5 I think.

I Also go to this great little park in Beaconsfield, its fenced, there is an off leash dog area and BBQs

#14 wartos

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

If anyone is looking for parks in the North West Sydney Area, The Rouse Hill Regional Park is great, and also at Bobbin Head there is a great fenced in playground and picnic area.

#15 womenindocs

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

Any new parks?? Old thread made new original.gif

What about-

Harry Noble Reserve Playground on Fox Avenue
Erskineville

Corner Ross Street and Minogue Crescent
Glebe

Wood Street Playground Forest Lodge

all small enclosed local playground

#16 scuttlebutt

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

The new waterplay park at Steel Park, Marrickville is great, as is Pirrama park in Pyrmont (except it only has metered parking)

#17 nellista

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Caber Park at Winston Hills (Clackmannon Road) is pretty good.  

A number of play areas, a huge long slide which is built into a hill, a sandpit with a lever operated digger, a fenced off toddler area, a big climbing thing, 2 toddler swings, 2 big kid swings, a boucy spinning see saw thing.  A wall to throw or hit a ball on.  Tennis courts, and cricket nets.

Well shaded with tall gums, particularly in the morning.  I think the toddler area has a roof or shade cloth.

It is not fenced (apart from the toddler play), but the road is some distance away (can't really see it past the tennis courts and field etc).

#18 LittleMissPink

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Miranda Park, has flying fox, water play area, sand, and heaps of climbing stuff. Has BBQ's and toilets.

And theres a park at Tempe with similar stuff

#19 TarneeW

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

As PP said Miranda park is great as is Shelly Beach park at Cronulla. It's fenced off and only a few years old. It has big kid & little kid swings, slide into sand and a few other things. I haven't been to the park in a while as we moved away from Sydney so it may have changed a bit???? I do miss going there though as it's such a beautiful area!

The great thing about it aside from being enclosed is it's by the beach with a beach pool (kid friendly) and a reserve with BBQ's etc. It also has a walking track around the beaches which is great.

#20 JordynSiobhán

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Fagan Park @ Galston is amazing.

Otherwise we go to North Rocks Park, Rouse Hill park and Putney Playground mainly

#21 Eirinn

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Bumping for *dreamer* original.gif

http://www.playgroundfinder.com/listingstate.php?state=nsw

A great park near my parents' place is Lizard Log at Western Sydney Regional Park.

#22 *dreamer*

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks so much Eirinn.  Much appreciated.  
biggrin.gif

#23 ~Mintie~

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I thought I might pin this for future reference original.gif Feel free to keep adding to the list if anyone has more to add.

#24 Podlettte

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi all,
Western sydney regional park, off cowpasture road is fantastic!  A dedicated playground about 3-4 acres at a very rough guess, all with sand to fall into.  Theere's 2 "flying foxes" of sorts, 3 lever digger machines, 1-2 water feature pumps that are interactive, tyre swings, logs and posts of varying heights and widths to walk along, swings a see saw and numerous other things!
We took ouralmost 9 month old for a walk on easter monday to soak up the last rays of the day and it was jam packed! Theere are bbq's and covered seating areas to enjoy your food and a mix of concrete and mown paths around the whole area of many many acres.

#25 --binda--

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Just thought I'd post this in here:

Francis Park in Blacktown, it's just been revamped, it's in the showground precinct.

They now have a water area (sprinklers, etc), flying fox, cafe, etc.

It's pretty awesome for something so close to home for me biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.