Jump to content
Goulash recipe from Better Homes & Gardens. Anyone got the magazine or copy it down from the show?
2 replies to this topic
Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:17 AM
On Friday's Better Homes and Gardens show there was a really yummy looking recipe for Hungarian Goulash but I didn't get a chance to copy it down and don't want to buy the whole magazine just for one recipe. Does anyone have a copy? I would love to cook it tonight.
Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:10 AM
This is a link to watch the video of him making the goulash... hey make it tricky for you, you either have to buy the magazine or watch the show... they don't seem to just give you the recipe!!! HTH
Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:18 AM
Thanks for that link!
Here is the recipe in case anyone else would like it. It looked delicious and also really easy.
- 3 onions, sliced
- 800g beef shin (osso bucco), diced and tossed in 1 tbs flour
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, crushed/pounded
- 3 tsp Hungarian style paprika
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1. Fry onions in a heavy pot in vegetable oil until lightly browned then set aside.
2. Fry beef till just brown then add garlic, caraway seeds and paprika. Fry for 1 minute.
3. Return onions to pot with tomatoes, salt and enough water to just cover the meat.
4. Add potatoes and bring to the boil
5. Turn down to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
6. Serve with rice or bread and top with sour cream.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Top 5 Viewed Articles