Bleeding again 2 weeks after c-section

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrsLittlebear

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago.  My bleeding stopped within a week, so for a week I had no blood loss.  Yesterday I woke up and noticed that I was loosing quite a bit of blood.  I wore pads all day and had to change them at least every loo visit and sometimes in between.  I ended up going to Emergency at 7.00pm and ended up discharging myself (against their wishes) at 12.30am, while I was STILL waiting for an Ob to come and assess me.  I had my mother and my son with me, he was getting restless and it was near impossible to feed him as I had a saline drip in my arm.

I have an apt with my Dr this morning at 9.30, but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them as well?  When my placenta was removed it was noted as being 'ragged' and not intact.  I am hoping that the bleeding is not as a result of there still being placental tissue left in my uterus, but I would have thought that I would have had complications earlier if this was the case......

#2 Angela9

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

I had loss to some extent for about 6 weeks. It seemed to die off during that time, but then returned. I mentioned this to Ob and he thought it may have been AF returning. He was right, despite me BF every two hours! So could be AF, but good thing you are getting it checked out today, as it could be retained placenta like you say... Best of luck. I am sure the doc will have some ideas  original.gif

#3 Julie3Girls

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

Worth getting checked, but I had bleeding for 4-5 weeks after all my births (2 c/s, one vba2c). It would ease off to almost nothing, then I would overdo things and it would flare up bright red again. So it could be normal.

#4 sef

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

i had bleeding for almost 6 weeks post my emergency c-section
and then spotting for a few weeks after that
i kept my OB informed along the way...he said it was ok

and, yes, when i overdid things it would flare up and turn bright red on those days   blink.gif

#5 Ange

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

It would ease off to almost nothing, then I would overdo things and it would flare up bright red again. So it could be normal.

This is what mine has been like. Nothing for 2 days then really heavy for 2 etc..

#6 desertflower

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

I have had exactly the same thing- bleeding stopped after a week, then I had heaps of bright red blood on Saturday, and my scar had become more painful. I went back to hospital Sunday morning, and they said I had an infection in my uterus. They said its rare but can happen. I'm on anti-biotics to clear it up. I'd be going back to hospital if I were you and demand to see someone!

#7 crosscountry

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

This happened too me. I stopped bleeding about 4 days after my c-section, then started bleeding heavily when DS was about 2 weeks old. I spoke with my OB and he said that it was unusual to stop bleeding so soon after the c-section, and not to worry unless it got painful. I kept spotting for about 6 weeks. Hope your doctor has sorted it out for you.

#8 littleman

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

I think its quite common to stop and start bleeding after a c/sec , i think its your bodies way of adjusting also if you have overdone it a bit may start it up again. i remember stopping bleeding then starting again, all was fine in teh long run.

#9 Angela9

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

What did the doc say, OP?

#10 **Nic**JaylasMum

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

I also had this and it was due to an infection I had in my uterus after my c/s. My OB gave me some anti-biotics and the bleeding stopped 2 days later.
Hope you get some answers

Nic

#11 Guest_Millipede_*

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

I had bleeding for 11 weeks (enough to require a pad every day  rant.gif ). Eventually I had a course of antibiotics and that cleared it up. While my placenta was intact at delivery I had to have sutures put in my uterine wall at the placenta site (too much bleeding) so it was assumed that the sutures were causing irritation/low grade infection.

I would visit GP/Ob- not ASAP but not dither either IYKWIM.

PS how is the mountain buggy going  tongue.gif

#12 elle76

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

HI  I had the same my bub now 6 weeks. Dont want to alarm you cause most times it can be normal definately get it checked though. I had little no bleeding  for 3 weeks after and suddenly had a huge bleed ended up in hospital on iv antibiotica this happemed 3 times always being discharged over 2 weeks then i had another very large bleed ended up in theatre with a curette....even though the placenta came out intact there was "membrane left behind and causing lots of blood loss. I ended up have to a have a transfusion because i lost so much blood. Please be careful and push the fact yu dont feel right..lucky i did wink.gif
take care please let us know how you go.
elle

#13 unitedus

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

okay this is what happened to me.. 2 weeks after having my daughter c/s i had a MASSIVE bleed..i didnt ever stop bleeding but it was very light after i gave birth to her...i was actually sitting on our leather cough and it had felt like i had just wet myself and i got up and went to the loo and i had blood all the way down to my knees, all over the leather couch...dp freaked out and called 000.. i felt very cold and was shaking with fright...in the hospital they kept me over night and said it was nothign to worry about and they did a ultrasound to see if some placenta was still left inside but nothing.. they just said apparently it could have been from me doing way to much after having her...

so now i am soooooooo scared!! the doctors said they can give me something in the iv after i have my son so this should stop if i have a hemorage again " thats what they called it at start a post-hemorage"  cry1.gif

i am having nightmares about this and i am only 17 weeks pregnant and fear for this to happen again as it really messed me up with having post natel depression as well and then not being able to breast feed my daughter and doctors made me stop  cry1.gif  cry1.gif

i so hope that things with my son will be different..i am so scared i will bleed again!!!

i was still bleeding 3 months after i gave birth to her and they put me on primulot..it did help a bit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.