Hello there intro #2

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

Other one is getting rather long... thought we might start a new one.

Here is the link to the old one original.gif

Feel free to repost your details if you wish.

#2 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

My OP is seriously out of date blush.gif so here's my update:

Name: Helen
DH: Bart
Children: DS Christopher. DD Jessica.
A bit about me: I'm a SAHM with aspirations to be a WAHM. I love all things family, along with renovating, gardening, sewing, knitting, our dogs and entertaining. Originally from Sydney (me) and Gundagai (DH), we moved here late in 1998 (via Queanbeyan).

NEXT?

#3 Nut

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

Name: Nicole (Nic)
DH: Paul
Children: A little boy and a girlie on the way.

A bit about me:

I have been married for nearly 5 years, living in Canberra for 18 years. My little man is currently 18 months old and I am nearly 25 weeks pregnant with #2.

#4 is-sew

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Hi I'm new here so thought I would jump in and introduce myself.  

Name: Roz
DH:   Ken
DS1:  Isabelle 6 years old
DS2:  Sarah 10 weeks old tomorrow.

I'm currently a SAHM but go back to work part time in mid October  just in time for DH to do a 8 week stint in Cootamundra.  Weve been in Canberra for 5 years via Sydney (me) and Murwillimbah (DH).  2 cats and some sea monkeys.

#5 lockers74

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hi
I have been a member of EB for a few months now but have just discovered the Canberra section and wanted to introduce myself.
Name: Sheridan
DH: Mark
DS1: 7 and a half months
I am currently on maternity leave and return to work in 3 weeks  cry1.gif
We have been in Canberra for 5 and a half years from Sydney and am originally from Nowra.

#6 Chazee

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

Name: Kelly
DP: Nolan
DD1: Annika, 2 years 10 months!
DD2: Layla 1 year 4 months.

A bit about me: We're from Adelaide, here in Canberra until the end of next year while DP does his Army training. I'm a SAHM, hoping to study again next year.
Looking for things to do with the kids to keep us busy over the next 18 months!

#7 sparkle77

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

Name: Robyn
DH: Daniel
Children: expecting #1!
A bit about me: Originally from Adelaide, and then Wagga Wagga for a few years, we moved to Canberra in December 2006.  I work at a local university and am still "settling in" to the ACT way of life, getting to know people and places etc

#8 tayloc

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:10 PM

Name: Jillian
DH: Ian
Children: dd - Taylor 4, ds - Lachlan 3
A bit about me: Canberra born & bred.  I am a working / shm. My partner & I own our own business. We also have 3 furry babies, 2 dogs & a cat.

#9 Puggle

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:10 PM

Name: Anne
DH: Simon
Children: Claire (November 2005)
A bit about me: I'm a SAHM hatching plans to be a WAHM. We are recent arrivals in the ACT, having moved here just two weeks ago for a new employment opportunity for DH. The last 2.5 years we spent in Perth, the three years prior were in Melbourne and an even longer stint in Perth before that! DH and I are originally from the Blue Mountains and Macarthur regions of Sydney though, so are enjoying being back on this side of the continent (yet again!)

#10 nesticle

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

Name: Vanessa (Ness)
DH: Karl
DS: Aidan, 8 weeks 2 days

I've been in Canberra nearly 6 years, hubby was born here, left and has been back for nearly three years.  Both of us come here via far too many places to list but are both Aussie-born.  I'm currently on maternity leave and have little idea of what will happen later  original.gif   I will be going back to my work as a scientist at some point, probably part-time and most likely by the end of the year depending on childcare places.  I'd like to do the WAHM thing but my curret skills aren't that well suited to it so I need a bit of thought/preparation if I want to go that way.

#11 smileybub

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hello everyone.
I thought i would introduce myself aswell since im only new to this website/forum.

Me - Katie
DF - Matt
Location - Gordon
Children - none yet but we have our wedding next May and we are thinking about trying for a baby between now and then, just have to see what happens.
My DF is from Canberra but im orginally from sunny Brisbane, i moved down to Canberra in July last year to live and have been lucky enough to find a decent job doing admin/reception work in Fyshwick and our little townhouse that suits us just fine original.gif

#12 Tinkerbelle

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just introducing myself as I am new to this forum.

Me - Tara
DF - Terry
Location - Gungahlin
Kiddies - none yet, TTC at the moment. Figured we'd start trying now as it might take a while (possible fertility problems), besides we are having problems finding the time to plan our wedding (we are eloping!)

It is good to be here.

Tara

Edited by tarabell74, 25 October 2007 - 08:54 PM.

#13 smileybub

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hi Tara,
Welcome to EB original.gif

Wedding planning is very time consuming thats for sure. I wish we could just elope, i reckon it would be alot cheaper, quicker and easier but the DF doesnt want that!
Anyway, have a good one original.gif

#14 jay-mitten

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

Hi All,

I'm another new member and thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself as well!

Me - Jay
DF - Justin
Location - Ngunnawal
Children - Pregnant with a little girl who's due on 19 Dec 07
About Me - DF and I have just relocated back to Canberra after having lived in Perth (DF was there for 18 months and I was there for 8 months).  We've come back to be closer to members of both our families prior to the birth of baby number one.  DF and I are into kayak fishing (mostly salt water) and camping, so we'll be back into our regular treks to the coast once my kayak is in working order (it was damaged in the move).  DF and I are also looking forward to expanding our group of friends to include more families so we'd love to meet some Mums/couples who are at a similar stage in and around our area.  Looking forward to meeting you! biggrin.gif

Edited by jay-mitten, 30 October 2007 - 07:01 PM.

#15 ~amandaj~

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hi all,

Me - Amanda
DH - Rob
Location - Calwell
Children - Gabby 22 Oct 03

About Me - DH and I have been living in Canberra for about 3 years now, have lived all over the place but wanted to come back to the east coast as my family is in Melbourne and DH are in Brisbane and above.  We both work fulltime, Gabby is in daycare at Calwell ECC and will be going to Pre-school next year at the primary school.  Still deciding on schools.
Love living down the southside - nice big blocks and big parks for the dogs - we have a heeler and a kelpie - our lovermuts *lol

#16 MandaMama

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Hi ACT EBers! Thought I'd add myself to this thread as I've recently started posting in this forum after lurking for a little while! tongue.gif

I'm Amanda (another one!), both me and my DH are 34, and we are blessed with two gorgeous DDs, Stephanie (2.5yrs) and Imogen (4mths). We currently live in Darwin where we've been for the past 2 years but are moving back to Canberra next month where we'll be living just over the border in Jerrabomberra. We lived in Canberra previously for 2years which is where our DD1 was born. We love the place and can't wait to be back there!

I'm actually a "not-so-new" EB member. I first joined back in 2003 (under a different user name) when we were first TTC. Did a few posts on the TTC boards and diary entries then lapsed for quite a while. Then when the EB website was overhauled and members were asked to reconfirm their details, I kind of didn't get around to it blush.gif , so got lost in the system but rejoined early last year. Have just got back into the forums and already have found so much invaluable information provided by all you lovely ladies!

MandaMama original.gif

#17 bonsai

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone, another newbie here. I'm 25, married and have a 2 and a half year old son. We have made the decision to start ttc for number 2 recently, but in true fashion, DH has been sent away for work!

We are have just moved to the darkside...(northside) after 3 years down south. Originally from Darwin though.

*MandaMama - enjoy the wet season, you wont get the big old fat Darwin rain here in Canberra!

#18 cch

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone,

I finally  did it and registered with EB so I no longer have to lurk in the dark. A little bit about myself:

Name:  Carol
DH:  Steve
DD:  Chloe 1yr and 6 days
I am originally from Perth but have lived in Canberra for many years.  I am currently on Mat Leave but going back to work part-time in Jan.  cry1.gif

#19 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

Carol, welcome to EB from another mum from Duffy (I have a 3yo DS and a 10mo DD). original.gif I'm originally from Sydney but have been to Perth and loved it there.

Feel free to come along to my Weston Creek Morning Tea on the 12th of December if you like (PM me for my address).

#20 lisacat

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:47 PM

Hi All,

I am another newbie so thought i would introduce myself

Name: Lisa
DH: Steve
TTC: #1 hoping in feb or mar

I have lived in canberra for 5 yrs now but still consider myself to be new. DH has lived here most his life. We have decided to start trying for a family but we have a cruise in feb and I dont want to have morning sickness so we will try when we gat back. I would love to here from you all.

#21 gemtyme

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

hi everyone,
i am also new.
me - Gemma
ds - due feb 12 2008
location - conder

i am 22 and going to be a single mum.
this site was recommended to me by a co-worker who found it really great while she was pregnant.
;-)

#22 purr

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hi everyone  original.gif

Nice to meet you!

Me: Louise (38)
DP: Lee (35)
Engaged in May 2007, no kids yet
TTC: 2 positive test results so far, waiting for blood test results

My name is Louise and I've just joined the forum. This will be my first attempt and first baby if it goes ok.

My fiance Lee and I were going to get married in October 2008, but have delayed that for the time being. I'm a born and bred Canberra girl. Lee moved here from Brisbane in 2001 after we met (initially via the internet  laughing2.gif ).

I recently discovered that I have some very large uterine fybroids (one is the equivalent of a 22 week pregnancy!). They'll only get bigger and make pregnancy more tricky, so Lee and I talked about it just before Christmas and decided to just try and let fate decide.

We tried twice (before he had hernia surgery) and apparently one of those times has worked quite well so far  laughing2.gif

I've done 2 different pregnancy tests and both were positive, so now I'm just waiting for the blood test results. I've worked out that the baby will be due around 14 September.

So far so good...but no idea what lies ahead with these fybroids being in the way! The big one is resting against my bladder...so there could be some interesting times ahead!  laughing2.gif

#23 emishka

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

Hi Louise, congrats on your +ve result.. Looking forward to talking to you I am also in Banks..

#24 kk1977

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi there,

I've just joined EB as well. We are expecting our first in April.

Me - 30
DH - 33
Location - Jerrabomberra

Kylie.

#25 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

Welcome to EB!!!
Congratulations Kylie, Louse and Gemma. Good luck Lisa. original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.