Hello there intro #2

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#26 jocelyn54

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hi there to everyone in this Intro Forum! My name is Jocelyn, and I am really new to Canberra (like 2 weeks...) and don't know anyone, so thought I'd turn to Essential Baby to catch up with some new people!

My DH and I are both in the Navy and have just moved here from Sydney. We live in Theodore, and have a beautiful angel, Nissa, who is 17 months old.
I also have a stepdaughter, Zoe, aged 8 and would love to meet with some other families in Canberra!!

Looking forward to chatting to you all!!

#27 moftwo

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

I am also a newby to EB. I have 2 littlies
Joradnne 2 years
Kyle 8 months
Me Theresa 28
Hubby Trent 28
We are located in Banks so would love to hear from those of you who are in the area.

#28 asignatureofthings

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hi, I've been a member of eb for a while now, and thought I'd add myself to this list.

Name: Tess (24)
DH: Lachlan (31)
Children: Neve 3 & Marley nearly 1

We've been living in Canberra since November 03

Edited by Tess, 21 February 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#29 littleeagle

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

hello am new to this so dont know where to begin so here go's
have a 18 mth son, Marley
lived in canberra all my life (well except for last 12 mths have been over here in good old queanbeyan
worked full time in a bank until i had my son now enjoying full time motherhood.even though im not far from act i dont seem to know many people out this way would love to hear from mums (especially single mums) especially if they have advice on sleeping. i know at 18mth he should be sleeping through sad hey?

#30 jorgey1405

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

Me: Rachael
DH: David
DD1: Jorgia 8
DD2: Ainslee 5
AngelPriya
About me: We moved from Sydney 5 years ago.  Lived in Canberra for 2 1/2 years and then moved to Murrumbateman and have been here for 2 1/2 years and loving it.  

I am a public servant and also do Lorraine Lea Linen party plan as well.  One day Lorraine Lea will be my only job, I love it.  

Would love to hear from anyone.

#31 ~misstina~

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am 23 and a new mum, my little precious was born on the 17th of Feb and I am loving every minute with him. I live in Woden with my partner and have lived in Canberra for pretty much my entire life apart from a few years at the South Coast durning highschool. I am currently on maternity and would like to chat with other Mums!

#32 occipocci

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hello all, thought it was about time I introduced myself again. I was a regular reader of this forum about 2.5yrs ago when my baby was just new. I am now back again - hopefully for the long haul this time. So I have a 3 yr old and am expecting baby #2 in late August. I work full time in the public service in the design arena. DH and I are constantly trying to come up with ways that we can never work again, have 4 kiddies in total, have a house big enough to house the critters, and still afford it all. this is becoming an ever elusive dream in canberra I must say!

We live in melba. I have been in canberra for about 7 yrs.

Me - Occi 30
DH - Scott 33
DS - Quinlan (AKA Quinny petinny)3YO

#33 ebnlhrrg

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

Hi I'm new here so thought I introduce myself.

Name: Kelly
DH: Tom
DD1: Emma 6 year old (31/05/2001)
DS1: Nathaniel 5 (23/01/2003)
DD2: Hannah 18 months (29/09/2006)
DD3: Rebekah 6 months (30/9/2007)

About me: I moved to Canberra when I was 4 years old and have lived here since. I'm SAHM, I went back to work briefly last year as a swim instructor of infants - teenagers but then found out I was expecting a surprise 4th edition to our family.  No plan to go but to work until the yougest is in preschool then only part time.

Hope to get to know people through EB

Kelly

#34 Tammygirl

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Just introducing myself

Me: Tammy
Husband : Daniel
DD Isabella born sleeping at 39 weeks (20th April 2007)
DS Oliver born 15th April 2008
I have just become a SAHM and loving it. I am originally from Nowra on the south coast, my husband is from England we moved to canberra from Sydney to start our family, 2 years ago.

#35 cheesecakemum

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Hi, I'm relatively new to EB (lurked a couple of times though). Also new to Canberra, but not new to being a mum, although 4th time round I'm still learning things! Have DH-36, DD-11, DS-9, DS-5, DD-22mths. I am 38.
We live Northside, but have just bought a block of land in Murrumbateman! Will begin the scary process of building. Hope to be in by Christmas but the builder said allow 12months! Is this true - does anyone know?
~Liz (why cheesecakemum? Answer: don't choose a forum name when you're hungry!).

Edited by cheesecakemum, 28 May 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#36 LuluG

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

Thought I should introduce myself too

Me-Pam
DH-Richard
DD-Amelie, 4
DS-Archer 9 months
Location-Ngunnawal

Moved here in December as DH got a groovy new job. We lived in Carrum Downs (Near Frankston) in Melbourne. We love Canberra.
I am a SAHM for the time being until something opens up in my prior field of work.
We are "attachment parents" I breastfeed my son and plan to do so for as long as possible, I babywear, and we co-sleep. We practice gentle discipline and are a lovely close family unit with 2 wonderful kids. I am interested in meeting other Mum's in my area, but I am really scared in meeting people (Once bitten, twice shy with a previous Mum's group) but if you would like to meet please PM me!

#37 Dino-Mite

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

Name: Rohan
DH: Ollie (not moving to Canberra at this stage)
Children: Harley James - 5 years;  6 in October

A bit about me: Ollie and I are both in the Navy and I am moving down in October with Harley.  Ollie will move down at a later time.  We lived in Canberra from 2002 and moved to Darwin in 2006.  In 2007 we moved back to Sydney and well, now returning to the place we call Home.  Thats a basic run down.  We are returning to Canberra with a new member in our family....  A beautiful dog who joined us in Darwin!

#38 Guest_dixiebelle_*

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Welcome everyone, I have only been here a few months myself! Do look out for the Get Together's coming up soon (August Afternoon tea, and a September Dinner)... there are threads about them a few pages back!! Good luck and have fun... it's a great place to live! original.gif

#39 Jazz3

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi,

I'm Mel 32
DH Almost 33
DD 7
DS 5 (almost 6)
DS 3

I'm a WAHM that runs my own web business.  I enjoy camping and spending time with my family and friends original.gif

#40 annie15906

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hi, I have lived in Canberra all my life, just discovered canb group but beeen on EB for a few monthes, my Dh and i own our own business and i work afternoons so DH can have some one on one time with our son  original.gif Am currently in Queanbeyan.

#41 *mummy*bunny*

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

[color=#6633FF]hi all im Kim and i have a little boy would love to meet some new mothers from south side canberra!!

#42 iamjanie

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

No actually I'm not a newbie but couldn't be a*sed to work our how to change my old email to log in ... BWAHAHAHA ... formerly known as Janie L.

Edited by iamjanie, 13 November 2008 - 03:04 PM.

#43 *mare*

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Name: Mare
DH: Darren
Children: DS Dan 22, DS Nick 12, DD Emma 8.
A bit about me: I just signed up today after a complete stranger told me about this site...I am a FTWM. DH is at RMC Duntroon (Army). It looks like we are on a double posting. Been here since Sept '07 and will be here most likely till the end of '13!
We are originally from Adelaide and my DS who is 22 is still there. Actually heading back in a few days time to see him and my mother who is now in a nursing home..

#44 roz22

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

hi
NAME;Roz
CHILDREN;ds Hamish 2.5years and preg with number #2 due this Sunday the 23/11/08
LOCATION;fisher
A BIT ABOUT ME; im a stay at home mum have been since i moved to Canberra in February this year and don't really know many people here so im hoping once bub no#2 is born to get out of the house and meet some other mums.hope to chat soon original.gif

#45 samy08

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

ddance.gif  Hi there,

I am new to EB and not sure what I am doing but I thought I would give it a go and introduce myself.  rolleyes.gif

So I guess I should start with a bit about me and mine:

I am born and bred in downtown Canberra.  I live on the light side of town (Belconnen).  I have a 4 and 1/2 month old boy and 4 year old girl.  oomg.gif

I have recently returned to work part time  ffear.gif and am feeling pretty tired.

Well there you have, a very brief blub about myself and the family.

So hi to one and all:waves: I hope we can chat soon.

#46 Serenzy

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Edited by Serenzy, 19 April 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#47 katie-kins

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

Hi All,

My Husband and I are trying to conceive. I'll hopefully finish my degree this year while my husband works in the public service. I came to Canberra for uni form Bathurst, got married, bought a house (Dunlop) and i expect that i'm here for a while now!
I'm 21, my Husband is 23 (young, I know!)

#48 Dirtsa

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

I thought I'd better introduce myself, too!

I'm Astrid, married with a 22 mth DS, who keeps us on our toes and is the total light of our lives. I'm in Weston Creek.

I've been a member of EB for about a year, but only recently found the ACT forum!

#49 Lickety Split

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hi there, I'm new. I don't have any kids yet but my DH and I are thinking about TTC in a few months. I live in Woden atm but as we are renting that may change when our lease expires.

Edited by darlinglibby, 26 April 2009 - 07:10 PM.

#50 sooty&sweep

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hello Everyone

Me - Tatum
DH - Glenn
Location - Queanbeyan
Children - Zoe 6 Feb 06

About Me - I moved to Canberra in 1989 from Brisbane, In 1999 I met a man, we fell in love...and he was also in the army.  In 2002, he was posted to Darwin, and I went with him. He proposed to me in 2003, and we were posted to Toowoomba in 2004 and married in Dec 04, we were then posted to Sydney in 2006, we had our 1st child in Feb 06 with complications. In 2007 we moved to Canberra, hubby then was sent overseas for 6 months. We are currently still in Canberra and finding out Mid 2009 if we are here for 2 more years or whether we move location.  I am currently working for the Hyatt, and I have my own business called Clever Ideas.  I am also a basketball coach at girls grammar.  I love sports, and play basketball and netball.
My hubby is in the army, and has been for 12 years.  Zoe attends Kidstart twice a week, does ballet and is learning about sports at mpowerdome.
She will be attending a school somewhere either on the Southside or at Duntroon in 2010. (IF we are still here)  hands.gif
I have all my family here, so would love to spend some more time with them, also means I can bring in a 2nd income.
We also have 1 fish and a kelpie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.