Hello there intro #2

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 CherrySunday

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi there!!

I've been on EB for a few months now, and recently started lurking in the ACT forum  wwhistle.gif

I just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself...

I'm Erin, 20 years old and living with DP (Brendan) who's nearly 21.
We are living in Farrer for at least the next 12 months and we both work in the City where I'm a conveyancing clerk for a small law firm doing all the legal stuff to do with buying and selling property. Brendan works in the courts.

We've both lived here all our lives and I am definitely looking forward to raising my children so close to where i grew up

I am  hands.gif for a baby, DP not so much yet - but he'll come around (sooner rather than later I hope).  

I look forward to lurking some more original.gif and chatting with some fellow Canberrans  tthumbs.gif original.gif

#52 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hi Cooltate. I live just outside QBN, at Carwoola. So nice to chat to someone else in the area. We've only been here for a few years but love it.

Hello to everyone else! Is there anyone else in ACT expecting in Jan?

#53 ~~mumsie~~

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hi all,

I just joined EB over the weekend and as I live in QBN, thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself original.gif

Moved here from Sydney in Nov 2007 due to a job offer.

In May of 2008, went to hospital thinking I had kidney stones and left a few days later with a gorgeous baby girl!

Thankfully family came down from Sydney and readied the house for our new arrival whilst we were still in hospital!

Been an interesting last 13 months, but wouldn't trade it for the world!

#54 kirsee

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

Hi All,

I am sort of new to this so don't bite (at least not hard Tounge1.gif)

DH is in the RAAF and I am currently studying and we are ttc original.gif - so far no luck sad.gif but we have only been trying for 5 months hands.gif

I have been in Canberra now for almost 6 years originally from Sydney and DH is from QLD.

I am getting used to being a defence wife as well and so far it is not too bad except when he has to go away for work sad.gif

We are currently way down south in Gordon but are looking to move to back to the North original.gif

I look forward to talking to you all on here biggrin.gif

#55 mum to four

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hi I am a newbie,

NORTHSIDE

Me: 35
DH: 39

DD: 7
DD: 5
DS: almost 3
DD: 1

Yes, I have four gorgeous and cheeky little kids.  We live on the northside.  DH is in the RAAF.  We came here from Adelaide and have been here since Dec 2002 (so all my kids have been born here).  We will be here for a few years yet!!!  I still manage to get lost in the city-to many circles-too confusing!!! I'm a SAHM.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Edited by mum to four, 19 August 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#56 *mare*

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Hi Mum to four..

I live northside and come from Adelaide as well original.gif

My DH is in the Army and his brother is also posted here and is in the RAAF..

Just thought I would say hi

Cheers

Mare

QUOTE (mum to four @ 19/08/2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I am a newbie,

NORTHSIDE

Me: 35
DH: 39

DD: 7
DD: 5
DS: almost 3
DD: 1

Yes, I have four gorgeous and cheeky little kids.  We live on the northside.  DH is in the RAAF.  We came here from Adelaide and have been here since Dec 2002 (so all my kids have been born here).  We will be here for a few years yet!!!  I still manage to get lost in the city-to many circles-too confusing!!! I'm a SAHM.

Looking forward to getting to know you

#57 3KidsForMe

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hi everyone, Im not new to EB but very new to Canberra so thought Id introduce myself.

Me - 33
DH - 31 (Navy)
DS - 8
DS - 4
DD - 10months

We moved here from Perth 2 weeks ago. Have lived here before but it was only for 5 months. Being a Navy wife I should be used to all this moving as its our 9th move but Im not.

anyway looking forward to getting to know you. Oh yeah we live in Stirling anyone out this way?

catch ya
Eryn

#58 Bec-Redrose

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

I just saw the thread and thought I better come and update you all on me.

Me - 28
DP - 32
DS - 3
North Side

Not much more to say. Im wanting to add another one to the family but DP says yes one day then no the next. It all depends on how DS is acting.

Bec

#59 Feral2202

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hi There,

Just found this thread and thought I would introduce myself

Me - 36 yrs 7 mths (just had my wisdom teeth out, that's what my hospital bracelet said!)
DH - 35 yrs 7 mths !
Live - Woden
Miscarraige - Blighted ovum diagnosed at 12 weeks 11/9/2009 - D&C 18/9/09

TTC - again!

#60 71Cath

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hi all,

I just joined EB and saw this thread so thought I would introduce myself too.

Me - 37 (for 29 more days!)
DH - 38
DS - 10
DD - 6

We live in Higgins and DH and I have both been in Canberra since 1979, so we really are locals!

#61 Clever Clogs

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi everyone!

DH and I have moved to Queanbeyan so although I am not officially in the ACT, my parents are in Griffith and we are often over the border.

My username refers to the fact we seriously considered living in the Blue Mountains for some time before deciding on the Capital region (leaving Sydney).  We've spent a bit of time in the ACT though and we love the lifestyle and affordability, as well as work opportunities for both of us.

TTC this year, probably soon!

#62 michelle~a

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

Okay my turn,

Just found this group.

I have lived in Canberra for 9 years on the 28th of Feb. Moved here for work. Typical story, from Launceston Tasmania originally.

I'm currently 5 months pregnant with our first child and possibly last... as I will be 39 in March.

My partner is 35 and also his first.

We live in Isabella Plains with two furries. Cat: Abby, 5 years old. and Dog: Turbo, Staffy suffring from ADHD 2.5 years old.

Having discussed children, my age, he just being a typical boy/man we had both agreed they weren't something in our future and we would carry on our own selfish lives travelling and spending on ourselves and living it up....

Becoming pregnant in march 2009 was a surprise for both of us.

Our 'trial run' quickly changed our minds and we tried again, finding myself pregnant again in September!

Absolutely terrified and go from one extreme to the other about it all... but over all really looking forward to the new chapter in our lives.

one of the strangest things i have found being pregnant..... how many people are pregnant!!!! I see a new bump daily in my work place I swear, and yet i had never noticed it before...

Edited by michelle~a, 16 February 2010 - 02:14 PM.

#63 akira

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hi, nice to meet you all original.gif
I'm having my first bub and it's only 6wks. Really getting a bit nervous after reading what could went wrong with the baby with the pregnancy pack from Ob. Scheduling in all the timing for the testing to be done among work could be a challenege when you don't want to say anything until 12 wks when bub is more stable.

#64 caitlynsmum

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hi Everyone.

I just joined tonight and thought I should introduce myself.
Have been living in Canberra about 20 months in the Gungahlin area.
Just had my first bub.

My Family
DH: 32
Me: 27
DD: 9 weeks

#65 blessedbaby01

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

hi hi

I am new here. This is my 1st day in this forum. ;-)

here is my details:

me: Hannah
hub: terence
DD1: Johanna
DD2: Jessica (8 weeks old)

hope to know more mummies in the same area. We can form a playgroup and making friends.

Cheers

#66 mrs.spiffy

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:27 AM

Glad I've found such an active local forum!

I'm Mikaela, 25

Married to mr. spiffy, nearing 27.

Excited to have one on the way (our first!) due in early Dec, only 5 weeks along at this stage.

We are Northside, have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 turtles.

I'm a teacher part-time, part-time freelance designer/photographer, and in my spare time (!) I make handmade goodies to sell at markets. I also love doing DIY house and garden projects.

It will be lovely to meet you all and get to know you better =)

#67 Cornflake Girl

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread is still current, but thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

I've been in Canberra since 2004, living on the Northside apart from the first year in Jerrabomberra.

I have 2 boys (age 9 and 22 months) and a little girl on the way (due 10 Oct).  After a 7 year gap last time, I'm very nervous about how I'm going to go with a 2 year gap this time.  My little one is very much a Mummy's Boy.

Cheers!

#68 Schmin

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi all.

My Family
Me: Mindy 33 - obviously hilarious...
DH: Al 45 - old bugger lol
We live: Bungendore - not technically The Can but it's close.
Currently: knocked up - around 25 weeks, I think.
2 dogs: Marley (16) and Meisha (12)
3 cats: Squeak (16), Tiffany (7) and Falco (1.5 and bonkers)
5 sheep: Katarina, The Wether Man, Bella, Blondie (she is black) and Mary (she was a little lamb)
8 chickens: Shazza, Beyonce, Cheryl, Charlene, Frenchie, Rizzo, Bertha and Betty
2 ducks: Ducky (yes I know alot of hard work went into that one) and Billie.
2 geese: Lucy and Siouxsie

Know nothing about children and babies. Never planned on having them. So here to try and learn what I can and meet some top people.

Edited by Schmin, 14 August 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#69 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hi All,

My name is Tara, I moved to Canberra in Jan this year, along with my partner so that we could be together (I was from Syd, he was from Bega).

He has 2 little girls, so while I am not a mum (other than to a gorgeous Rotty) I am a step-mum of sorts original.gif

I am a teacher in a College, and am LOVING living in Canberra.

Live on the South Side, and my partner and I have just put an offer on a house, so hopefully we get it! original.gif

Tara biggrin.gif

#70 Auraya

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Hi I'm new around here
live on the northside of Canberra
my names Ashley I'm 28 DP is 31
have 2 girls
H is 8 and B is 1 and a 1/2
and have a furrybaby Cat named Russell
passionate about breastfeeding and cloth nappies
also like nature, computer games and photography
would love to meet some more mumma friends

Edited by Auraya, 26 October 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#71 5yes5

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi

Mmm just moved to Canberra and I have 5 yes 5.... unless I have lost one which is quite possible biggrin.gif

We have a 7 & 5 & 3 & 3 & 1

Man by the time it is 9am I am stuffed!

Looking forward to working canberra out!

#72 moongazer

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Hi, waves.gif
i am also fairly new around here and am new to posting.

My name is Belinda we live northside.
Hubby and i are 33 and we have 2 girls, DD1 is 10 and the newest arrival DD2 is 10 weeks.
we also care for two cats who in their later years are less than pleased with reduced snuggle time being busy with bub.
I was working as a teacher, but am now at home with bub.
Like many here, moved to Canberra 2008 for DH work, originally from Blue Mountains near Sydney.
i love being a mama and like nature, reading and bellydancing. Although not alot of time for hobbies at the moment sad.gif
Joined EB to connect with some other ACT mama friends.

#73 mrs.spiffy

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hello ACTers =)

Me - 26
hubs - 27
Currently 8 weeks and fingers crossed
Belco area

We will be the fourth of our friends to have a baby if all goes well, but two of those friends are out of state (Emerald and Melbourne) and one is not a close friend down southside we don't see much. So it feels like I'm the only one! Will be nice to meet some Canberra mums-to-be once I start doing fun things like pre-natal yoga and the like...

[edit]We have both been in Canberra since we were little kids. We bought our house 2 and a halfish years ago, just coming up to our 2 year wedding anniversary and 10 years together (I keep saying I want a gift for the 10 years ie eternity ring, but he says no we're on 2 years and counting haha). Both sets of parents live in Canberra so we'll be very lucky when bub comes to have a good support network.

Edited by mrs.spiffy, 06 March 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#74 smudged

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hey everyone.  

I've been really slack and haven't been back on EB for about 3yrs! (Naughty me, I know wink.gif )

I've been living in Canberra since beginning of 2010 (this time) as we were posted in.  We received our posting order again, and we're still here for another year.

Moving history is- Both from Noosa QLD, moved to Canberra '05, moved to Townsville QLD '07, Moved to Wagga Wagga NSW '09 and then back to Canberra '10.

I'm actually over in Jerrabomberra, but near enough is close enough wink.gif

Theres me (26), DH and DD (3.5) and 3 cats.

I was working in a childcare centre, but quit so I could finish my study and not have to stress about several things whilst hubby has been deployed.

Looking forwards to chatting to you all! And I'm off to update my signature.

Pip

Edited by smudged, 23 August 2011 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.