• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:35 AM

New thread time ladies, link to old thread:

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....pic=299794&st=0

#2 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

OMG a new thread, it feel like YEARS since we had a new thread  tongue.gif ok so only 9/10 months, but still ... a flash new thread  grin.gif

I'll start by properly introducing myself. I'm colleen (29) married to Anthony (36) and we have 2 boys, Luke (6) and James (2). We're South African, but have been in Australia for 6 years now, living on the North Shore of Sydney.

ok so I just dragged up an old birthday list .. if you want details added/changed or updated, please let me know.

Kids Birthday List
Ronin 4/01/2008 (Marcelle)
Adam 4/01/2004 (Jenny)
Eva 26/02/2003 (Miranda)
Elisabeth 27/02/2003 (Kristine)
Alexander 8/03/2004 (Jayne)
Alexandra (Poppy) 10/03/2004 (Liz)
James 22/03/2005 (Colleen)
James 22/03/2006 (Jenny)
Malcolm 5/05/2006 (Arienne)
Xander 30/05/2003 (Karen)
Alexander 31/05/2001 (Jenny)
Emma 3/06/2001 (Sam)
Savannah 5/06/2001 (Marcelle)
Harrison 6/06/2001 (Michelle)
Bethany 9/06/2001 (Miranda)
Alexander 13/06/2001 (Kristine)
Joshua 16/06/2001 (Jayne)
Tyler 16/06/2001 (Robyn)
Georgia 16/06/2001 (Kate)
Thomas 16/06/2006 (Michelle)
Daniel 18/06/2001 (Fiona)
Tara 19/06/2001 (Karen)
Luke 20/06/2001 (Colleen)
Cameron 21/06/2001 (Jo)
Joshua 21/06/2001 (Jo)
Zachary 21/06/2001 (Sophia)
William 24/06/2001 (Arienne)
Lewis 25/06/2001 (Liz)
Cooper 3/07/2004 (Robyn)
Thomas 14/07/2005 (Kate)
Samuel 16/07/2007 (Sophia)
Madison 26/07/2004 (Marcelle)
Joseph 12/08/2003 (Michelle)
Megan 08/1999 (Sophia)
Charles James 16/10/2006 (Liz)
Jessica 25/10/2005 (Kristine)
Ethan 11/2004 (Sophia)
Matthew 3/11/2004 (Sam)
Emily 19/11/2002 (Fiona)

Robyn's #3 EDD June 2008

Mums Birthday List
Sam 3/03
Sophia 22/03
Jenny 13/04
Robyn 30/05
Arienne 31/05
Michelle 5/06
Colleen 14/06
Karen 22/09
Kristine 23/10
Jayne 29/10
Jo 5/11
Marcelle 25/12

Still need ...
Fiona ??
Kate ??
Miranda ??
Liz ??

Edited by ~Tokaloshi~, 25 May 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#3 karenmc

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for letting me know this thread was here Col original.gif

So ... a re-introduction ... I'm Karen (newly 42!), married to Glenn, and we have Tara (6) and Xander (4). We're in Canberra. Tara is in Yr 1, and Xander goes to preschool next year. I have my own business that keeps me busy until ridiculous hours at night, and my greatest fantasy involves sleeping Tounge1.gif

#4 MummyTard

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

Wow it is great to have a new thread original.gif I will introduce myself too original.gif

I am Arienne 26 and I have two boys William who is 6 and Mal who is one and a half. William is in kindy and Mal is just a terror ATM.

I work full time as a nurse.

Well I better go and get ready for work  sick.gif  

Bye All xxx

#5 MummyTard

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

Yeah tell me about it, time goes so quickly !!! My son makes his own toast now sniff sniff  sad.gif Where is my bubba boy gone?

#6 Marcelle

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hi there ladies

Great to see everyone posting again. I'm always lurking but too lazy to post. So here I go.

I'm Marcelle (34), mum to Savannah (6 in year 1) and Madison (3 starting pre-school next year) and I'm due with Number 3 on 2 Jan 08 (as far as my dates go) - thanks Col for all the hints!! As far as we know it's a boy. Scans show due on 31-12-07 - so everyone think of me if I'm in labour on New Years Eve and have a drink for me please!!

Thank goodness that today is end of term and looking forward to a public holiday on Monday. Savannah has been absolutely feral the last two weeks with the backchatting/cheekiness and bullying with Madison. A lot of mothers with 6 year olds are complaining about the same thing so I hope it goes away soon otherwise I too will be hanging her out on the washing line next to Luke (Colleen's 6 year old) by her two big toes!

Alright, off to go clean up a bit. Hope to hear everyones news soon and great to catch up.

Cheers
Marcelle

DD1 ~ Savannah 05/06/01
DD2 ~ Madison 26/07/04
Due #3 - around New Years Eve

#7 MummyTard

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

Congratulations Marcelle!!! A little blue bundle original.gif Now the hard part what names are you thinking of lol  laugh.gif I know what you mean about being feral, Will is going through the same thing, must be a 6 year old thing I guess.

Well I better get going I am off to my big sisters house, taking the little ones with me. Take Care everyone xxx

#8 karenmc

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

In a bizarre way, it's a relief that all the other 6yo's are feral too! DH was talking about taking DD to a counsellor if she didn't improve mellow.gif

#9 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

Funny how men seem to think it can't possibly be their darling children just going through a stage, DH was determined it was his diet or something I was doing to him ... men!!  rant.gif

I'm dreading these school holidays ... as much of a relief it'll be not having to do everything by the damn clock for a bit, jsut having the two of them bouncing off each other all day everyday just does not sound like fun.

We've had a relatively quiet w/e so far. Friday (last day of school) was Luke's sports day, needless to say, 3 hours out in the sun and my boys were more than happy to come home and vege on the couch watchign dvd's ALL afternoon (yay because I got some scrapping done)

Yesterday we went over to friends so DH could fix their computer, kids were actually playing nicely with each other for a change, so we took them for a LONG walk down to the park and back, they crashed like corpses in the car on the way home.

Today has been our cleaning day, I got stuck in downstairs and sorted out their toyroom ARGH!, then FINALLY got round to washing my poor ole car (first time in 5 months)

Needless I'm shattered, sooooooooo tired, waiting for everyoneto finish in the shower so we can go grab some take- away becuase the last thing I feel like doing now is cooking.

Nothing planned for tomorrow, will probably spend yet another quiet day at home.

What are the other Sydneyites up to these school holds, maybe we can even get together one day ??

Righto, thats my cue to move
"muuuuuuuuuuum we're hungry" **groan**

Later all
Colleen

#10 tyco

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

Great idea to re-intro ourselves Colleen.

I'm Robyn, 39 and sole parent to Tyler, 6 and Cooper, 3 and now pregnant with another due in June (2008)baby!!!

We are in Brisbane.

Great to see this thread picking back up.

#11 MummyTard

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

Sorry this is so short, just got home from work, and I should be doing other things lol, but CONGRATULATIONS ROBYN !!! !!! !!! original.gif Hope your don't suffer any morning sickness. original.gif

Colleen I am up for a meet, the best days for me are Wednesdays. We are going to the zoo this week. Hope it's not a hot one.

Marcelle, hope you are coping in the hotter weather!

What ever happened to Fi? Where did she go to?

Well I better go and fix the little ones up. Take Care xxx

#12 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

Congrats Robyn !!

We went to the beach this morning - spur of the moment decision, OMG is it hot now!! So glad we got out of the sun by 12 becuase the temp just seems to continue rising even now at 4pm.

#13 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

*tap tap* ??

Anyone about?

#14 MummyTard

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

Yes, I am here, about to tackle Mt Washmore lol original.gif

#15 Bob

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

I'm still around.  Have the chance to catch up on EB news today as I'm sick so sitting in bed surfing the net when the painkillers are working!

Here's my introduction - I'm Jayne (36) married to Gareth, we've got two boys, Joshua (6 in Kindergarten) and Xander (31/2 at preschool 2 days a week). We live in northern Sydney.

Congratulations Marcelle and Robyn.  How exciting for you both.  

Life continues to move at a fast pace here.  Joshua is growing up so fast.  Haven't got too much attitude at the moment which is good.  Xander is our little live wire and so damn cute with it.  I thought Joshua was our little chatterbox but Xander wins hands down!  The two of them have a very close relationship which leads to sparks flying at times.  

We moved house 2 weeks ago.  We've still got somethings to unpack but we're almost there.  Didn't move far - just over the back fence!  Literally the house behind us!!  It's a slightly bigger house but has much more land so we will extend it in a few years time.  Two bathrooms is bliss!  

I'm still busy with Stampin' Up! I've also been doing a few days casual teaching which has been fun.  

School holidays seem to be flying by, thankfully!  Joshua is at a gymnastics clinic for 3 of the days as preschool still keeps going over the holidays so it means I can work on those days.  We went to the zoo yesterday but ended up leaving early as I was starting to feel ill.

Think that's about all for now.

#16 tyco

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:21 AM

Oh great to hear from you Jayne! Hope you feel better soon.

I mustve missed your post Marcelle - congratulations!

Kristine, yes we MUST meet up soon. Name a day and time and we'll be there. Maybe one afternoon, after school, Tyler is at Nundah so anywhere around your way... I work Mon to Wed though so would have to be Thurs or Fri.

Robyn

#17 MummyTard

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone original.gif

How are you all ??? What is everyone up to these days?

#18 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

Sorry haven't had internet access - my pc is bust ... again

Jayne - good to see you back! Hope you're feeling much better.

Glad school has gone back - I seem to be much more busy though since though.

Otherwise not much else happening this end.

Michelle and Marcelle - was nice catching up yesterday - we should organise a girls night out sometime soon.

Righto, back to the grindstone, I have dishes to wash and beds to make, and no amount of praying for a miracle will see them done on their own.

Take care all
Col
xox

#19 karenmc

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

I'm still here - just trying to limit my 'recreational' internet use Tounge1.gif

Another one who's glad school is back - it gives the day a bit more structure, and I get a lot more done. Tara isn't thrilled about going, but once she's there she's fine - I don't want to think about the looming battles to get her to school on time towards the end of term though!

I've been absolutely exhausted lately. I know I work late hours and don't get enough sleep anyway, but 4-6 weeks ago it just started to feel different, as if something was wrong. Eventually went to the GP and had blood tests done - turns out my ferritin (stored iron) level was 7. The acceptable range is 15-200, so I had a wee problem there! I've been on iron supplements for a week now, and starting to feel like the fog is lifting - thank goodness original.gif

My big news is that I bought a Thermomix. If you haven't heard of it - Google it. It's fabulous! biggrin.gif That's all I'm going to say, otherwise I sound like a sales pitch Tounge1.gif

#20 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

I'm guilty of having to google ... but have to say ....

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't show me things like that woman - I LOVE kitechen appliances, well actually I LOVE storing kitchen appliances on top of or inside my cupboards .... they never get used.

On that note I'm off to bed, and If I dream of kitchen appliances ... you know who I'm coming after MWAHAHAHA  dev (6).gif

#21 karenmc

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

I'm pretty good at storing appliances too Tounge1.gif but I'm actually using this one! At that price, I'd want to  ph34r.gif

#22 MummyTard

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well. We are plodding along, same only daily grind. I am trying to clean out all these clothes we have! I feel guilty throwing things out that I paid lots of $$$ for, but I have no room to store them! Any one have any solutions? Hope you all have a great weekend

xxx

#23 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hi all

I took Luke to the dentist today as a few months back he fell and chipped his front baby tooth and the last few weeks its been turning a light shade of grey. The dentist checked it out, and also did an xray, and she reckons its all perfect, his adult teeth are perfectly situated and straight, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the new tooth underneath - which is a huge relief.

How is everyone else faring?
Col

#24 karenmc

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Drowning in work at the moment!

I took Xander for his 4yo immunisations today - he was brilliant! Not thrilled, but very brave and didn't cry at all. The nurse was lovely - gave him some lollies (colouring & preservative free of course!) and a sticker, and told him how wonderful he was happy.gif We had to make several stops on the way home, and he hasn't whinged at all. Got to love days like this  wub.gif

Tara has a new teacher - her other one has gone to a new job (not teaching), and while there were a few tears on Friday, she's fine now. It's bad timing making a change like that during the year, but Mrs R was being pressured to make the move or not take the job, so she had to do it - understandable.

#25 karenmc

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

Christmas??? There's another Christmas coming up???

I'm going back into hiding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.