October 'Older' Mums and Mums-To-Be

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 Jill35

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

Hehehe Traceychook. I was going to quote you but it would've taken up so much space. MYGODWOMAN. Talk about nesting!!! I'm exhaused just READING about what you've got planned befor this baby comes. But seriously, your right doing all the SLT's ( $hitty Little Tasks)now as you'll wonder where all the spare time went soon. Please don't mention my long lost friend 'wine'.... I have been eating ham BTW, just very fresh I hear you you the sushi - great idea having a feast in hospital, me thinks i"ll do same.

Good luck for today KAZ, although by now its probably all over and your bub is in your arms. CAn't wait to hear your news.

I've got to endure another round of bloody tests. Just found out that my first born (Davy Cat) has Toxomoplasmosis. V.Serious to preg women. Buggar on a few fronts. Now I need bloods to hopefully confirm that I am immune, or there may be some serious complications hands.gif .
wish me luck gals....

#27 tracychook

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

Good luck on the tests Jill - hope you turn out immune.  When we moved into this place in June we inherited a cat from the previous owners - I love cats but I've been keeping away from her for fear of taxoplasmosis.  She's an outdoor cat tho' which makes it easier.

I had a bit of excitement this morning - the show might have appeared this morning - or it's just some random blood.  I called the delivery suite at the hospital because it was bright red and didn't look 'mucousy' to me at all - just like some blood or maybe a period.  But when nothing was happening an hour later they weren't too concerned.  DH is worried though - he's still got 3 uni assignments to finish and now he's worried the bub's coming early.  'Evil' Tracy wants to encourage that line of thinking to get him to finish the assignments asap so he can start putting the nursery furniture together!  dev (6).gif    I suspect at the rate we're going, DH and my brother will be putting the furniture together while I'm in the hospital recovering!

Finished the 2nd coat of paint on the nursery an hour ago though.  Going to have a bit of a nap now and then I might start on painting some of the trim.  Guess I'm a bit worried bub is coming sooner than we thought too!

Look after yourselves.

#28 CascadeLily

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

Tracy yegads girl! Slow down - don't exhaust yourself before the birth, it's tiring enough! I can't believe you can paint with a big bump. No way could I have done that at 8 months PG!

Ash, bugger indeed about your cat. Fingers crossed for you m'dear.

Thank goodness it's Friday. I am soooo tired this week. Sickness has just about left the house and we're off to the Thomas show tomorrow at the AIS Arena. Should be lots of fun. THen I'm going out BY MYSELF in the afternoon to do some SHOE SHOPPING! Yeeha.

Have a lovely weekend everyone original.gif

#29 Bluemist

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi girls....well I am so far behind in this thread that Im not even going to try personals...except to welcome all the people that have found this thread original.gif
Welcome original.gif

I've been mega busy...and I wont even begin to bore you with the details of what that entails.... (eg. scrubbing cement etc etc) ohmy.gif

Jill - How were the tests? Hoping everything is ok.

Traceychook- LOL at you "scaring" your DH into getting his assignments done original.gif

KAS- Looking forward to your post *hug* original.gif

On the upside I have had my appointment with the ob and have been approved to give birth in the Family Birth Centre (YAY!!!) then Tuesday I FINALLY have my scan.....yay again. original.gif

DD is being very cute feeding the baby banana, peas, cheese etc (puts it right near my belly button and gives my belly a rub)  laughing2.gif

#30 Jill35

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:46 AM

DD is being very cute feeding the baby banana, peas, cheese etc (puts it right near my belly button and gives my belly a rub)
Awwwwwwwww wub.gif
KAS - I'm also waiting for updates!
My DS is to busy bashing my bump in total ignorance ( he's only 18mths) and singing 'twinkle twinkle la la la...'
I have my obs appointment to TALK about the tests tomorrow afternoon ( 20 week scan tomorrow morning - big day for me). I hope his lack of urgency is a good sign. I expect I'll get the bloods taken tomorrow... results a few days or so after that? SO all I've got is worry and a few appointments! I'll post again tomorrow with any news....

#31 2mums22

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hi ladies

we seem to have a few more bubs on the way...  nice..

We are settled into the new hosue mostly and whilst DP may have been thrilled to see some nesting instinct kick in from me - mostly i slept through it.. ! Am so tired again...  reading traceychooks posts made me even more tired ...  silly really

work flat out and had lunch the other day with a colleague who made me feel a lot better as she put on 32 kg. which makes me feel better !

#32 kazza66

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:48 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say you can take me off the preggie list  grin.gif

Maddison Sally-Anne was born by c section at 38w 3d on September 25th weighing 8lb 3oz.Everything went well and we are up feeding now  biggrin.gif

#33 Bloomer

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:47 AM

what lovely photos and a beautiful baby. Congratualations!!
Not my normal time to be awake but we are in the middle of apcking to come home and I can't sleep.. Too much going through my mind.  I have no clue how this stuff is going to fit in the suitcases..original.gif

Also thought I heard Bella crying must have been only for a moment or someone elses child..  problem living so close in apartments(same happens at home with neighbours with kids of a similar age)

I am looking forward to getting home.. Will organise a coffee with any older mums in Sydney when I get there.!! 3 and half months away from home is a long time.

Hope everyone is going well, better go back and try to sleep.

#34 SLJ

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hi all

Just a quick drop in to wish

Congratulations Kaz on the arrival of Maddison Sally-Anne.
Beautiful photos.

Still bedlam at work, have another two weeks of covering everything myself, then a week with everyone here, then I finally get a week off myself. Hopefully thenI will be able to catch up with everything and make some decent posts.

cathy - 3.5 months, has it really been that long??? wow bet you'llbe glad to be back in your own bed soon!

#35 Bluemist

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

Awwwww Kas- she is beautiful congratulations.....

#36 Jill35

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

Kaz she's just georgeous. How proud you must be. wub.gif I just saw the time - 1am.... I remember that.....Still it
makes me clucky for my new baby - I'm half way already, but getting impatient. Had my big scan yesterday (all clear, looks like we have a gymnast, and also another supersize baby too). Bloods for toxo due back on Friday obs not too worried as it ould be 'remarkable' if it the baby was affected, but all the same....until the results come in...

Cathy - i'm innerwest - include me in your coffee invite when you get around to organising it- it would be great to meet you in person!

Bye for now,

#37 CascadeLily

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi original.gif

Ash, good luck with your appts! If your OB is relaxed that's a good sign.

Bluemist congrats on the birth centre...I'm contemplating it if/when we should be fortunate enough to get PG original.gif

Cat troubles at our place too...our Bengal has disappeared after being spooked by a gardener with a leaf blower. We're putting up flyers, etc. and hoping he'll show up. Hoping.

#38 oliversmum

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

oh kazmaddison is just gorgeous, what a cutie, congratulations.
cathywell to me it feels like you have been there for ages, yeah your coming home...yippee
lilywasherehope your puss comes home, cats are pretty smart, good luck!
bluemistgood news for you getting the family unit, great!
2mums2bl can relate cos lm sooo tired at the moment, l just want to sleep
bye everyone original.gif

#39 Bloomer

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hello we are home, computers restored batteries replaced and recharged mail opened and neighbours greeted.  3 and half months is a long time but it feels like we have been gone 2 weeks, except when I notice buildings removed and the weather is considerably warmer.

Grace is already off to play with the neighbours children and Isabella at 2 is just too little. So it is a battle to keep her inside.  There is benefits to living in a townhouse complex - kids can run around outside for a while disadvantage is the inconsiderate 20 somethings that think it is acceptable to keep people awake all night..

Jill(& any Sydney mums) I am going to start another topic to see how many people want to meet and sort out where.  DH is away again for a couple of weeks then we have christmas it is going to get frantic.

Edited by cathy40s, 20 October 2007 - 05:28 PM.

#40 Jill35

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

MOrning gals.
Just dropping in to say a quick hello ( welcome home Cathy). My toxo results were clear  - no prior exposure either which surprises me considering I have had a cat around since I was a bub myself.
Lily - your cat will come home - they hate loud noises and I think there is a frequency/ vibration that comes with leaf blowers that they really hate. Its terribly unsettling wondering tho...
Have a great day gals, hope you are all well.

#41 tracychook

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

Kaz - what a beautiful girl!
SLJ - look after yourself, sounds like a little piece of hell at work for you there.
Lilywashere - hope the cat comes home soon - they're usually pretty good at finding home.  The previous owners of the house I'm living in now gave their cat to their sister about 5 kms away, but it showed up back here a week later!  So of course we adopted it since it didn't want to leave home.
2mums2b - take the sleep while you can get it!  I definately pushed it a bit too far last week - only had 2 days of appointments booked in, but dear god I was so exhausted after both of those days of running around that I didn't have the energy to do anything on the days after except sleep - and nap on the couch.  
Jill - good news on the toxo front.

And where did the last fortnight go?? It feels only a few days ago I found this forum!  I'm still treadling along waiting for something to start happening - only 9 days until the due date!  DH has a feeling I'll be phoning him this week at work with news I'm in labour - and I'm not sure if I want him to be right or wrong.  It'd be exciting to meet our new bub a bit sooner, but there's still so much to do to prepare!  

Last 2 weeks were pretty full on with heaps of appointments and last minute jobs booked in every second day - though I did manage to squeeze in a hair cut and pedicure last week so that was fantastic - DH is appalling at foot massages!  But from now on just the obstetrician appointments and any coffee / lunch dates I want to make with my girlfriends - yay!  And more nanna naps now that I'll be home more - double yay!

On the nursery painting front I've gotten once around the room with the first coat of gloss on the skirting boards and stuff, so now I just have to get the second coat on and it's done.  So there's a faint chance I'll get that done before the bub arrives......  

But I have a new job to do instead today - making cages for my broody chickens!  2 weeks ago one of my chooks went broody (sits in a nesting box all day and all night wanting to hatch eggs - except there are no eggs under her and even if there were I don't have a rooster so sitting on them is pointless!)  But I decided that the nursery painting was more important and thought I'd see how she went without too much intervention to snap out of it - big mistake.  It's like an epidemic - I now have 5 broody chickens, and with those 5 taking up all the nesting boxes who knows where the other chooks are laying those yummy eggs!!  So today I'm teaching myself how to make cages so I can put all the broody ones in them out in the light and fresh air to snap them out of it.  Though the chooks are unlikely to critique my cage making skills given how unhappy they'll be with me pulling them out of their nice warm nesting boxes original.gif

Look after yourselves everyone!

#42 KAS

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hello to everyone,
Finally got a minute to pop in and post my Baby news.
Alexia Rose was born on 11/10/07 at 7.40am.

The c/s was easy and so far Alexia has been a dream baby. She was 3830gms (8lbs 7oz) and was 52cms long (same as Tiarna). She is so easy or maybe it is just that we are way more relaxed. She is also a natural breast feeder which makes life easy. Tiarna adores her and has been just amazing with her.

Here are some photos:

Alexia Rose just a few minutes old.

My two beautiful girls.

Tiarna and Alexia.
Hope everyone is travelling well.
Take care.

#43 SLJ

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hi all

Just dropping in to say
Congratulations KAS and family on the arrival of
Alexia Rose.

Just beautiful.

Still flat out at work, still have the rest of this week by myself, then my lab tech is back!  hands.gif Hoping to get more time to post regularly after that

Hello to everyone, I promise I will catch up on everything soon!

#44 oliversmum

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

[b]my congratulations also KAS, what a geogeous bub, and couple of girls you have.....delightful news biggrin.gif enjoy

#45 Bluemist

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

KAS huge congrats to you and yours original.gif will fix up the roll call asap...just got home and am exhuasted....lovely pics original.gif

#46 CascadeLily

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

Kaz and Kas, congrats on your beautiful girls  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

Am so clucky - Tracy you need to make me a box too so I can sit on my invisible clutch!

Cathy welcome home...know that feeling and it is so good to be home again original.gif

Work crazy busy again for me...am stuffed of an evening, so don't get in here much. No sign of our cat since Saturday night, when we got a call from our neighbour who has a cat - our cat and another rogue male cat were down below her balcony calling to her cat! By the time we got there he was long gone. It's been horrible and raining for 24 hours and still no sign of Bashka, so we reckon he's gone bush/feral. So annoyed! We'll try to catch him, if we can lure him, but he's not been sighted now for five days, so it's not looking likely. Still, I've heard lots of stories about cats reappearing months down the track, so you never know.

#47 Crazymum2Crazykids

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hi girls,
Just wondering if I could join in here, I am 37 and have 5 kids. I would dearly love another baby but DH has said he is over babies  ph34r.gif

Anyway I thought I would check and say hi .

Congrats to all you that have had your gorgeous babies.

Kim

#48 joshuasmum

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

Hi all
thought I might introduce myself finally - have been lurking in here for a while.  My name is Yvonne and I am 39 years old, husband Gary who is 49 and one beautiful DS Joshua who will be 2 at the end of next month!
I would dearly love another baby, but DH is not so sure, so I am trying to convince him to try.  If it is meant to be then it will be.
Will have to make this really quick as I can hear DS stirring.
Will chat soon.

#49 SLJ

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

Hi All

I have a confession to make............... blush.gif
I have not been telling you girls everything but now I'm coming clean.......

You know when I had my implanon out, and was feeling great, we were just waiting for AF, to start thinking about TTC, well AF never showed up............yep, I'm pregnant.

About 11 weeks and due May 19th (at his stage). Have my NT scan in a couple of weeks.

Welomce to Kim and Yvonne.

Yvonne - My Haydn is two on the 8th of November.

My lab tech is back next week so should settle down at work a bit and I can get in more often to post and keep up with al the happenings.

#50 Bloomer

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

Congratulation Susan   That took the fun out of trying?. You make sound so easy!!  Some times it seems so easy!  Good luck with the scan. What is the gap ?abit over 2.5..

Yvonne, is you DH worried about playing cricket at 60 with a 10 year old?  My DH was but he has 2 girls!!  He was 49 when Bella was born and is not into cricket at all so was very pleased not to have to learn.

Kim another would be easy for you with built in babysitters.. Must be hard as babies are just so cute..

Edited by cathy40s, 26 October 2007 - 08:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.