October 'Older' Mums and Mums-To-Be

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#51 Crazymum2Crazykids

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome girls!

cathy40s Babies are so cute, I would love to have a boy just to finish off, but I dont like the chance of it. But I can only keep hinting.

SLJ Congrats on the pregnancy. hope all goes well.

#52 oliversmum

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

congratulations susanon your lovely news, gee that was easy going girl grin.gif
welcome kim and yvonne
glad to have you both here....hope to hear from you both lots original.gif

#53 Crazymum2Crazykids

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

We have had a busy weekend.... well I have, I went to an event that I am not allowed to mention on here as it is advertising, I mentioned it in another thread and it got edited by the moderator, it was fun anyway.
We went shopping today for food, we haven't been for over 3 weeks so we thought we had better do some. DH, Kasie and I got our hair cut, very much needed for me and Kasie, I try to make it that everyone gets a hair cut when DH gets his.

Daylight saving has messed us all up  dev (6).gif I love it but hate it at the same time if that makes any sense.

Hope everyone is well
Kim

#54 bondgal008

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

Hello ladies,

I know im such a slacker...but i know ya'll forgive me for having a 8 weeker and a 23 month old active toddler to care for...or am i just giving excuses grin.gif

Ahhh since Saska's birth everything has been a roller coaster.  She cldn't latch properly and lost a lot of weight and ended me having to put her on formula and now she is exclusively formula fed and just does not like my breast anymore sad.gif.  I had so much issues with not breastfeeding as I so was looking forward to doing that as this is my last baby and all...but I guess im over it now.  As long as my baby is growing healthy and well...thats all that matters!!

And Bronsn, my 23 month old son....falling sick a lot...catching a bad cold fm daycare I guess and got well and sick again...arrggghhhh!!! and ended up me catching it fm him and Saska caught it fm me.  Well we are all ok now tho.

I will try to drop in and write more and catch up with all yr stories.  In the meantime here are some pics of my kids taken recently.

IMG]http://i160.photobuc...08/DSCF1529.jpg[/IMG]
Caroline

Edited by bondgal008, 29 October 2007 - 06:18 PM.

#55 Bloomer

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Caroline lovely photo and completely know what you are going through, especially the BF part..  I was so emtional about it and it was a very difficult time..  It does get better however there are times..  Though hopefully you don't have to do it on your own as often as I do(DH is awy most of the time)

#56 mrs*p

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

Hi Girls

Sorry I haven't posed for awhile but I have been watching.

Just wanted to ask what your thoughts were on VB v's C-section.  Had my 19 week check up with the OB-1 last Friday and he asked if I had given any thought as to how were are going to get this baby out (he has a really dry sense of humour, suits me to a T, I love him).  I said that I would be led by him.  He said that he would never tell me which way to go as it is a decsion that only I can make but he gave me all the pros and cons and what his thoughts were.  He reckons that I should go c-section, reasons being, my age, less elastic down in the nether regions, how long it has taken for us to get pregnant and the fact that we had to go IVF, in his experience older 1st time mothers seem to have much longer and more difficult births that normally end up in an emergency c-section, damage to nether regions after birth.

He said that if I was dead against c-section then we will definitely go for a VB and suck it and see.  At the moment we have left it open until about 36 weeks and then we will discuss again.  He said that he may tell me at 36 weeks that we are only having a 6 pounder and that he thinks the birth will be a relatively easy one, but he might also tell me that we are having a pumpkin head (like my DH!) and to definitely go for the c-section.

What do you reckon, how have you girls gone with your deliveries??

Thanks for any comments.

Mrs P (Nicky)

#57 Bloomer

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

Hard decision Obviously safety of you and the baby is the most important part of it.  I was 42 and had a 6 and a half pounder.  3 pushes and she was out.. but it was 24 hours getting to that point.  They were very concerned for her as the heart rate dropped and I had preeclampsia, which I assume became clampsia.  Dr never mentioned a CS but I trusted him to tell me if it was necessary.  I would say if she didn't "pop" out I would have had one. I am not certain I am completely the same but seem to have healed OK so far.

I think it is shame when I read of people who feel they were violated because they had a CS.. I hope you know your dr well enough to trust his opinion and judgement.  I also know people who have regretted a VB due to damage to their children or themselves. One 40 YO GF had a 8 and half pounder and had a prolapsed uterus and is waiting for the right time to have a Hysterectomy.  Her mum also had the same problem after 3 children.

#58 Crazymum2Crazykids

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

Caroline Love the photo so cute. Totally hear you with the b.f situation, I was lucky enough to feed my last DD for 3 months but had to stop due to my twin girls been ferals while I sat down to feed bub, they were 2yrs and 2 months when bub was born.

Nicky I have no advice for you about VB, I have been lucky enough to just have natural births even for my twins, but your saftey and bubs saftey is the most important thing... Will be interested to hear how you go.

Nothing much here to report just going day by day and cruising doing the same boring day things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.