Nov 05 Parents # 271

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

#51 kat73

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday VJ. Hope you had a fantastic day!!

Chantelle I hope you enjoyed your big boys birthday today. I hope that the thicker formula can help Xavier too.  grin.gif

#52 emma_louise

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

Happy Birthday VJ!
I hope you had a wonderful day!
Cuggles from James.

Sorry it's so late; been preparing and 'partying' all day! It went well, kids are asleep and DH and I are about to hop in the spa. Bliss!

Sarah - huge CONGRATUILATIONS! Why on earth would we be disappointed? LOL at the 3 tests!

Will finish reading tomorrow; the spa awaits...

#53 Jayden1

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:17 AM

HAppy Birthday VJ for yesterday

Congratulations to all the newly pregnant people Susan Sarah and Kathy. More people to fill up the lists.

BEtter go i have a very busy day including a radio interview  ohmy.gif  On down syndrome.
Jess

#54 VJs Mummy

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:26 AM

Thankyou everybody for the well wishes for vjs birthday he had a great time we went to the park and had a picnic  and he got spoiled and last but not least

THANKYOU VERY MUCH TO MY BIRTHDAY BUDGIE HAVE AN IDEA WHO U ARE BUT THANKYOU THANKYOU HE LOVES HIS TOWEL WITH HIS NAME ON IT

#55 willsmumsos

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:55 AM

Happy Birthay to VJ for yesterday  - I'm glad you had a wonderful day you gorgeous boy!

My gastro only lasted until late Sat night but DH woke up with it this morning and both Will and Zoe have colds now.

Sorry BBL for more Will is awake now (he always sleeps late on Mondays for some reason)and needing to get ready for CC.

#56 willsmumsos

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

BTW - Kirsty (and others I'm playing against)I've been trying to have my go but Scrabulous won't let me into any of my games today  but I'll keep trying.

#57 Sonara

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

Ange - we've organised a vic meet for sat 17th Nov at 11am, at botanical gardens in melb. Megs will be over from tassie. I think we have Megs, me, B, Cecile, susan (slj) (and kiddies)at this stage coming along. Hope you can come. Was in the last thread i think (or maybe one before)

OMG, i am so excited. My bestie has called this morning, hysterical and an emotional wreck. She is PG. Would you believe they were starting ivf TOMORROW, as they were told their chance of it happening naturally were almost nil. I am beside myself with excitement for her. She's due on Nat's birthday too  wub.gif

BBL, have removalists coming to give quotes, man its expensive!

#58 AngelaK

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone,

Caz - Oh damn!! I can't make the Vic meet as I'll be in Echuca with the families from the Down Syndrome Support Group here on EB.  We have a weekend away each year and this year its that weekend.  Hopefully next time.

Jane - I'm not sure if I will be the proudest mum at the school with Hannah.  Don't get me wrong I will be proud but also the scardest and most tearful!!

Cecile - Good to hear the gastro didn't last too long for you.  Sorry to hear that your DH, Will and Zoe are not well.  Hope they get better very soon.

Xavier went off to cc this morning and is the first time that there were any tears.  It took me a bit by surprise as all other days he has gone in without worrying to say goodbye.

Better go and do some housework as I have Hannah's Occupational Therapist coming tomorrow for a home visit and I guess she should expect to get in the front door!!

Take care

#59 Night0wl

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

Morning Girls original.gif

Child free today! So why am I sitting on my a*se when I could be out shopping??  smile1.gif It's just so nice making phone calls and sorting out paperwork without children screeching 'they want to talk' or trying to pull my pants down  blink.gif

Cecile: Oh admit it, you just don't want your butt kicked across the scrabble board laughing2.gif I am having trouble getting in myself this morning, all those office workers have logged in  dev (6).gif

Caz: Congrats to your friend, how lovely  wub.gif

Susan:
I forgot to ask you if the pants were ok!? Hope they have extended the wardrobe a little for you original.gif

Hmmm time to hit the shops ALONE I think ddance.gif

#60 Gussax

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

hello.

I have taken the day off today to try and recover a bit more. Dh took Saxon to MIL's this morning so i am aalllllll alone.  happy.gif  Still very snuffly, but no head ache today.

The problem i have is i have the pregnant fidgets. rolleyes.gif  I cannot sit still for more than 20mins. So i have done the much needed clean out and now have less clothes than DH.  laughing2.gif  (and let me tell you he has the bare bones of clothes ohmy.gif )

Kirsty - Those pants are great! Thank you so much. original.gif

Well my lunch is ready BBL later. waves.gif

#61 howie&charlie

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

Just a very quick to post to let you all know that I am still here! I am posting at work as my computer has died a very sorry death. Hopefully not too long before we are back and connected!

Congrats to all the newly PG girls out there. I am dreadfully excited for you all. How I wish I could be TTC too!

Welcome to Harrison! Sounds like you had a lovely entrance to the world!

Thanks to Donna and I think Jane (?) who asked after us. I am back at work fulltime and have started to get sorted out again. It is quite a challenge but I am getting used to it again.

Happy Birthday to all the DIN05'ers who I have missed (and those I will miss in the next couple of weeks). Anne, don't worry I have my BB all under control!!

Miriam and Harriet are doing really well. I can't believe how fast they are both growing up. Miriam can count to 10. I don't think she knows what the numbers mean, she just wanders around the house counting up to ten. Maybe she will be an accountant like her Daddy!

Must run - I'm not supposed to be on here at work wink.gif

Cheers

#62 Guest_~sonique~_*

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

Teresa - I've just checked out your photos on Facebook and I'm so jealous of Alyssa's hair!! She looks like a right little madam  biggrin.gif

Kirsty - Enjoy your day shopping, we'll have to arrange another kidfree lunch really soon original.gif

#63 Tpe

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

I'm so upset I could just scream.

Alyssa has bloody headlice.  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif
I found her scratching this morning and checked.

So now I have to try and get rid of them out of her hair (which is a nightmare with hair her length) and I'll have to try and treat Charlotte as well and i'm not allowed to get her ears wet yet. cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif

#64 willsmumsos

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

Careful, K they sound very similar to fighting words!!!!! Let the competition begin (once we can actually open the damn pages!) laughing2.gif

Anne - I  have pm'd you.

Mel - I have pm'd you also  blush.gif .

Therese - oh no about the head lice.

Anna - yeah Will does that too but then when you try to ask how many of something there are he'll always say 2! goes to show you just how easy rote learning is.

Jess - how did the radio interview go?

Ange - that weekend away sounds great. Have a good time.

Hmmmm, not sure I like DH being home from work  sick.gif cause it means he can see just how little I do during the day!!!!! Better go pretend I actually care about the house!

#65 My cup runneth ove

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

Hellooooo

Well, my lot are all asleep - including DH who worked night shift last night.  So it is lovely and quiet here at the moment.

Jett slept for 8 hours last night.  And Keira didn't get into our bed (a nightly occurance) until 6.30am.  And I had the bed to myself last night, so I am feeling a little bit human today.

Cecile - I hope the  sick.gif goes from your house soon.

Emma - I think Joy has Friday's off and I'm normally free - except for this Friday - Jett is due for his 2month needles and I have a lunch date with a girl I used to work with.

Teresa - Bummer about the head lice - I hope that you don't have too much trouble getting rid of them.

Anna - It must be hard working full time with two kiddies (with any really).  DH told me the other day he assumed I was going to go back full time (in Sept) - but I quickly sorted him out.  I hope to only go back 3/4 days a week.

Kirsty - how lucky are you to have a child free day!  I hope you enjoyed your shopping.

Kellie - I couldn't access your photos - the browser kept saying "error".  I think I'll go back and try again.  I hope things are a little quieter for you now.

Carolyn - that's fantastic news about your friend.  The same thing happened to my hairdresser.

Fiona - I'm sorry to hear about your Nan.  I'm glad to hear that Zane is better now.  It must have been so hard for you to leave him - hopefully you got some good hugs when he got home.  You're having a bit of a rough time at the moment with hospitals.

Well, we found out the other day that I'm going to be an Auntie!!  Yay.  DH's brother and his wife are 8weeks pg with their first.  So far we are the only ones (on both sides) with kids.

I also found out a few days ago that my Uncle had died.  He was an alcoholic and I hadn't seen him for about 12 years as he had cut himself off from the family.  Still, it's sad and I will be going to the funeral whenever it is on.

DH's cousin is getting married in December and we got the invites the other day.  I believe that our children are not invited.  Obviously I will need to take Jett (b/f), but I feel a little "annoyed" that Keira hasn't been invited.  Not sure if I will be able to go - may not be able to get anyone to look after Keira.  But, tbh, not sure if I want to go without her.  Do you think that I'm being a bit precious?

And last, but not least...

Happy Birthday VJ for yesterday.  
I'm glad you had a great time with your mummy and brother.

Take care everyone - I'm off to clean.  cry1.gif
Love Sara

#66 gracetilly

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday VJ! I hope you had a great day Chantelle and VJ!

Sarah! Congratulations on your wonderul news. May your pregnancy be smooth and healthy.

Had a nice weekend just at home, but the house still looks like a bomb has hit it! Grace has been a bit naughty with going to bed at night lately. Up to her old "crying for ages" trick. She did not go to sleep until near 11pm last night!!!!

My lovely sister and my neice Lucy are visiting me this week! I cant wait.

Not much else doing! Yikes...gotta do my tax.

#67 Puggle

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Not before you make a move on Scrabulous, Mel  grin.gif

#68 My cup runneth ove

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

Oops - forgot to say - Congratulations Sarah, that's fantastic news.  I hope the next 8 months are smooth sailing for you.  (I got lots of pains with both my kids - and they are here to tell the tail).

Also - Jett had his 6 week check last week (a week late) and he has put on 2kg already.  Even the paed said he was enormous.

And - Keira has done a number of wees and two poos in the potty.  What a clever little girl.  She looks so proud of herself when she does it too.

#69 emma_louise

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

Sara - You might have more fun wihtout having to chase a toddler all night! Although I do believe that weddings are family events, and children should be welcome if the parents wish to bring and look after them! My cousin is getting married in about 3 weeks; the children weren't specifically invited. Eleanor will come (b/f, and she'll just sleep) but we'll leave James with Simon's parents. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if he came, but it probably wouldn't be much fun for him, and we'd be after him all night. If you do need a babysitter, we might be able to help; let me know. I can't believe Jett is almost 2 months already! As for a meet - how about next Friday; 9th November? Joy? Christine?? Anyone else???

#70 ~*Becky*~

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

Hey every one really busy around here atm i can barely read the thread let alone post..

I wanted to wish all our toddlers a happy birthday and a huge congratulations to the Pregnant ones. I hope to be joining you all soon enough. I promise i won't beat around the bush when i come in to tell you all.

Kirsty can you please add Declan back on the list? if it's not too much trouble.

Declan's speach is amazing I can't get over that he is talking in short sentences now and will talk to my mum and DH on the phone all he says tho is, Hello Daddy/ Nanny it's Dekin. I playing toys bye cya. Then hangs up the phone. He's doing really well with the  TT has done a number of wees and poos on the toilet but won't use the potty i think it's because no one else uses it and he's copying us. He is very particular with his clothes they never match but they have to be what he wants he is starting to refuse to wear a nappy but i am not game enough to go out with out one on him or let him go to bed with out one. He also doesn't have a day sleep anymore but goes down at 7 and wakes at 7 so I am not complaining.

Anyway time to bath the kids and start dinner.

Take care everyone and i will try and get back in ASAP.

#71 Night0wl

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

I have had the best day today, spent it shopping on my own, with no one whinging at me, no one tired, no one hungry, or needing the toilet, or wanting a doughnut or saying "Can we go home now?"

So as a consequence I spent waaaay to much money blush.gif  smile1.gif but hey, I am worth it  biggrin.gif

The really good news is I got into a size 12 today! That is a size I haven't picked up in 10 years or so so I am very happy indeed biggrin.gif

I also picked up my BB gift today ooooohhh I know a little girlie who is going to look most splendid  wub.gif

Had to get a little backpack for Charlie but ended up getting Miss E a new one and will give him her Wiggles one. Her new one is like Dora's backpack with the face on it, the star pocket and even has Map in his pocket as well, so cute, she is going to be so excited  wub.gif

Michelle: Week after next?? DH home next week then the week after I will probably go see my friend (you met her at my birthday) who is just home from her second hospital stint with hyperemesis so will be all good to catch you at Galleria again??

Off to pick up my three little darlings  wub.gif

#72 Popsical

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hi!

Congratulations Sarah! Tell all the nasty commenters to blow it!

Happy Belated Birthday to VJ! hope it was splendiforous!

I watched a cracker of a thunderstorm at 3am last night. I was up because of braxton hicks  rant.gif which (obviously) came to nothing. The storm was so close I could hear a sizzle sound as one bolt came down. I have an appointment with my Ob tomorrow and will ask for a stretch and sweep (worked last time). He's pretty keen to get you moving once you've passed your EDD so I'd like to try the least invasive method first (as if asking someone to put their fingers THERE is not invassive  rolleyes.gif).  

anyway - better go, neither of mine had a sleep today and so they are both tired and nearly as cranky as me!

H

#73 KylieY

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

CONGRATS SARAH!  I am really happy for you!

KIRSTY - Glad you had a great day on your own today and WOO HOO on fitting into a size 12!  That's my dream size and I am unfortunately a chocoate ripple cake away from it!  Go you!

VIC MEET - I am spewing I cannot make it. I have kids parties coming out of my a*se that weekend. Have a great time though!

#74 Popsical

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:31 AM

still here, only just. I've been having ctx all night reasonably regularly but not intense enough to call labour. I'll see what my Ob says this afternoon, my appt is 12.30 so I'm tipping a due date baby!

H

#75 Flanette

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

Goodluck Heather   biggrin.gif

My car is broked  rant.gif Im sitting here waiting for my Dad to come and save me  wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.