Graduate mums #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#126 Tan72

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

mariamsmum - Bugger!  Take care of you and I am still sending you baby dust for next cycle  

Sharon - YAY! YAY! YAY! as I said in the other thread I am so Posted Image for you and your DH.  I bet you are over the moon!

Syl - OMG I can't imagine how scared and out of your mind you must have been.  I am so glad you found her safe and sound, now you can wring her neck  Posted Image   I tell you kids somedays a are little over rated especially when they scare the crap out of you  Posted Image

Me - I am off to work on Monday  Posted Image  am so not looking forward to it.  I am going to miss my girl terribly, will also miss DS but he is already at CC 2 days a week  Posted Image   I am just so worried about leaving her...

So are we going to have a gtg next week?  I would host but as it will be my first week back and the caravan will be a tip I suggest we go somewhere else.

Tan

#127 trebambinibelli

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

Syl - Oh you poor thing  Posted Image  I get scared when I lose sight of DS when he's playing at Kidcity   and can't find him for sometime, I dread actually having my child missing like that - thank goodness she was okay!

mariamsmum - I second that bugger.... sending baby dust and crossing fingers/toes for next cycle  

Tan - I hope your transition to work goes well and that Mac copes okay.

I think that idea about meeting in the park is a good idea - does anyone know of a halfway point between northside and southside?  If we're after just kids running around and throwing balls around there is Nara Park, DS loves it there and they can feed the ducks/swans.  Or what about a playground?

Right now DH has gastro  Posted Image   and tonight DS1 did his usual thing (I should be used to this by now but I don't think I ever really will) of right at the moment when we're having a lovely time (I was giving him a cuddle and drying him off after a bath) he struck out at me and scratched me on the eye.  We've had a lot of behavioural issues (kicking, scratching, pulling hair out etc etc) that I don't know where it comes from (and often at my most vulnerable when I'm relaxed and not expecting it) and it breaks my heart  Posted Image   oh well, the joys of parenthood....

Tanya

#128 beaglebabe

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

Hi all,

Trixmama - What about Glebe Park in the city?  There's some play equipment, and lots of space for ball games.  Nara Park is nice too  Posted Image I hope the rest of your family manage to avoid the gastro bug.

Tan - best of luck with your return to work.  It's so hard to leave them to start with, and I suspect even more so with Mac given her rough start to life.

Syl - Would you believe I was on a bus yesterday morning and heard the annoucement on the radio about Amanda?  I was hoping it wasn't your DD as they said the name of her school and the street she got on the bus.  Glad you found her - I can imagine how worried you must have been!!!

Sharon - can sympathise on the one car front.  It's a pain in the neck at times, but it certainly does save money.  Not just on the car, but on all the things you aren't tempted to buy when you can't get to the shops!  Congrats again on the house  Posted Image   Is it starting to sink in yet?

Gaby - it was lovely to meet you and the gorgeous smiley Micah too  Posted Image

mariamsmum - sorry to hear about AF hon.  9 days seems like quite a short luteal (sp?) phase - is that normal for you?  Or is it just since having Zayn/breastfeeding?

Helen - your zoo trip sounds wonderful!  Great suggestions about meeting up in a park.

Laurel - how's work going?

Us - Master Toby's manhood is returning to normal since our trip to the Dermatologist  Posted Image   I've had a few busy days at work, and am feeling quite exhausted.  Looking forward to the weekend, as it is DH's weekend off (although it looks like he'll still have to work some of it).

Other news is that we've decided to sell our investment property, which is going to involve quite a bit of gardening over the next few weeks to get it ready to put on the market.  Another thing to fill up my non-existent free time......

Hope all the sick mums/dads/kids/babies are feeling better now.

Michelle

#129 trebambinibelli

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Helllooooo  unsure.gif  anybody out there?

DH (lovely sharing guy that he is) shared his  sick.gif  with me so I've only just got over that...  Thank goodness the boys didn't get it!

Is anyone still interested in catching up?  This Wednesday or Friday am maybe? I wouldn't have DS1 with me on Friday but would still be interested in going out to a park if that's the general consensus...

#130 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

I'm here but just about to head off to the dentist (yuk) to have a tooth pulled (double triple yuk). Depending on how I pull up from this I might be okay for a meet up on Friday (Wednesday might be wishful thinking).

BTW has anyone ever had a tooth pulled? I never have and am terrified. Damn seriously cracked tooth that was fixed back in 2000 has gone bad. And I'm dreading this afternoon's experience.

#131 beaglebabe

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

I'm stil here too.... was wondering where everyone else had gotten to!

I might be able to do a Friday meet up.  I have an appointment at 10am, but it shouldn't take long.  Can't do Wednesday as I'll be at work.

Toby came out in a rash yesterday.  Doctor thinks it is Slap Cheek.  Incubation is 1-2 weeks, so he had possibly already been exposed before our last get together.  I think they are only contagious a few days before the symptoms start though, so I think it would be highly unlikely that he gave it to anyone else.  But thought I had better mention it just incase.  Symptoms are mild fever, runny nose, generally off colour, and then a rash a few days later.  The rash can be red and lacey, although Toby's looks more like litle pimples.

Helen - I had a tooth extracted years ago.  It wasn't the nicest way to spend a day, but I did survive (and I'm not good with detists at all).  It wasn't painful as such, just uncomfortable.  Tell the dentist that you are nervous and ask them to remind you to relax throughout it.  I find that any dental procedure is much more painful when you are tense.  A good marker is your hands - if you feel yourself clenching them up into fists, then take a few deep breaths and relax all your muscles.  Good luck!

Michelle

#132 Nut

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

Yep i'm still here. Reading more than posting atm.

Trying to use my spare time aroung the house (trying being the operative word)... One hand typing now with a sleeping over tired baby. Break his routine too badly and it's stuffed for the rest of the day.

#133 trebambinibelli

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Helen - I had several adult teeth removed as a teenager ready for braces (that I never even ended up having anyway) and with local anaesthetic it is not painful, only a lot of pulling to get it out.  Afterwards it's more annoying b/c your tongue finds the bare spot and repeatedly goes there IYKWIM.  I don't remember it being painful at all afterwards.  I hope it goes okay...

Nic - How are things?  I just can't get over Alex's hair - it's amazing!  Very cute sig.

Michelle - Riley had a rash a few weeks ago (not when I met you though don't worry) and it was similar to one that you described.  Where is it?  Riley's appeared first on his face, then chest, back and lastly on his feet.  The Dr said that it is just some virus and takes only 48 hours to go away.  I hope he feels better soon..

Oops better go, L has just woken up from his pm nap...

#134 beaglebabe

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Nic - bugger the housework and enjoy that sleeping baby!  I miss the days that Toby would sleep in my arms.  Ocassionally he still feeds to sleep at night.  It really is lovely to look down at that little sleeping face wub.gif

Tanya - Toby's rash is mostly on his arms, legs and face.  You have too look pretty closely to see it, but you can feel the bumps.  He hasn't been too bad - the rash doesn't seem to bother him (not itchy), but he's just a bit grumpy.  Although that could also be due to tiredness, as he didn't seelp well yesterday.  He's asleep now, and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.  Although, like Nic, I should be making use of my time and getting things done.

Michelle

#135 Tan72

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hey all,

I started back at work today and am now completely exhausted both mentally and physically.  I was so stressed and upset this morning, leaving Mac was a really big deal.  That all said she went exceptionally well with Mum and as soon as I cuddled her this arvo she fell straight to sleep with a big sigh for about 1hr wub.gif  I think that's her way of telling me she missed me...

Certainly would love a catch up but can't do Wednesday as I am working and Friday at this stage I am busy.  When is the next one?  

Big waves.gif to all, sorry about the me post but as I said I am exhausted and it was only day 1 ph34r.gif

#136 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

Just a quick one as I'm on my way to bed. Tooth pull, as you said, wasn't the most enjoyable experience, and the aftermath isn't exactly real comfortable either. But the toothache will be gone once my jaw recovers so that's a plus ... can't wait for this. In the meantime, the pain relief is getting a workout.

Will try to catch up on things once things here settle down.

#137 cheeky_monkeys

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

Tan that would have had to be one of the biggest milestones that you and mac have had to face so far.. Hopefully your day today is a bit more relaxing knowing that she is ok.

Helen i hope you can get some good rest today, I have had 2 teeth pulled in the chair one wisdom and one adult tooth trust me the comfort after the jaw pain is gone is just bliss. Take it easy

I dont know how i will go getting to a meet this week I am looking after 2 of my sisters children till thursday and alex has a ear infection and rachel has a really bad cold sad.gif  But i am most deffiently up for a meet sometime soon original.gif

Alex is doing really well he is crusing the furniture and races with rachel in crawling comps his fav word so far is ah oh he is also saying ta and the regular mama dada pap nan baa is blake and he is tring for the ra for rachel. he is just growing up to quickly he still only has 2 teeth and has had them both for nearly 3 months.  He is 9 months today and i do not know where the time has gone at all it is crazy.

Ok I am off to enjoy some me time before the kids wake and before my nephews arrive

Have a great day all and a big HI to all i missed

Edited by LiL_Angels, 19 February 2008 - 03:54 AM.

#138 mumin07

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hi All,
This week is out for a gathering for us, we are off to the Canberra Show on Friday.

Michelle, hope that Toby is feeling better.

Tan, Hope the rest of the week at work goes better.

Helen, Hope you are feeling better today.

#139 Nut

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Wow, this fell a few pages back!

Alex had his christening today. It went well other than a few people hanging around too long making too much noise.

The ceremony was nice. The last 10 minutes though Alex decided to be as vocal as possible and kept getting louder and louder until I let him suck my finger (he wasn't hungry).

A couple of pics original.gif

#140 trebambinibelli

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

Awww Nut Alex looks gawwwwgeous! How cute is he in his little suit!

mumin07 - hope you had a lovely time at the show - we went today and apart from all the showbags we wanted for our boys sold out (doh Lochie wanted the wiggles...) it was a nice day.  Lochie esp loved the little kiddie rides at the gate.

lil_angels - wow our little ones are the same age but R isn't even sitting by himself yet.... then again he's going to physio tomorrow so hopefully that helps him

gollygar - I hope your tooth is going okay and it /the removal is not causing you too much grief and you're feeling better..

Hi waves.gif to everyone else

#141 beaglebabe

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hi Ladies,

Dusting us off, and popping us back on the first page.....

How is everyone???

Trixmama - how did Riley's physio go?  Glad you had fun at the show.

Helen - hope the teeth (well, lack of tooth!) has healed well.  How's Christopher enjoying preschool?

Nut - he's such a cutie!  So grown up in his suit..... he's not a newborn anymore...

Gaby - did you enjoy the show?  How's Micah doing?

Sharon - you sound busy.  Toby likes saying 'uh oh' too - he's started deliberately dropping things just so he can say it!

Tan - how are you doing?  The first few months back at work are so draining.  Hope you and Mac (and Spencer and DH too) are adjusting to the changes.

Us - Toby is going well.  He's working hard on perfecting his temper tantrum technique, which is testing my patience!  But he's also learnt to blow kisses in the last week, which more than makes up for the tantrums  wub.gif

Work is going ok, I'm finaly reasonably on top of the house work, and we are slowly getting things in order to sell our investment property.

We've also booked a holiday in Fiji in July.  We are going with my parents, so it should be a relaxing trip.  We are also taking my step-son, and I think he will have a ball.

Michelle

#142 Shadowess

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hi everyone!

Thought I should probably pop my head in again and say hello! We're all good here.. Rubs is 7 months today!! Where on earth has that time gone!

In the last 2 days she's started rolling around on the floor.. before that she'd only do it in her cot! She also gets up on her knees and rocks, so don't think crawling is too far off.. she got 2 teeth while we were in Hobart the other week, so she's turning into my big girl!

While we were away, daycare called and said that she's got a place in the nursery.. they actually had 4 days for us, but I just took 2, as I'm really not ready to go back to work yet! We started last week, and so far so good, although she's already picked up a cold!

Swimming lessons and gymbaroo are going well, it'll be a bit sad having to give them up when I go back to work though, which at this stage will be the end of April, early May. Have to get in touch with my supervisor!

Michelle, wow! fiji! Have you been before? we went for our honeymoon, and had a great time!

Tanya, how did the physio go?

Nut, can't get over all of Alex's hair! Looks amazing!

Okay, hello to everyone else. Hope you're all well!

fee

#143 trebambinibelli

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Just bumping us up and proudly announcing *insert fanfare* Riley is finally sitting by himself at 9 months!!  grin.gif  rolleyes.gif  I don't know if it was the physio (it was only a couple of days before though...) or he just needed a little extra encouragement... Next thing is to get him crawling  wacko.gif

#144 Tan72

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

Thought I would drag us up from the 6th page before all hope was lost...

How is everyone?  

We are travelling well, Mac is offically starting on  formula next week.  I will still be expressing but only for 2 feeds a day and not 7  ohmy.gif   This is all happening, just in time for her first birthday!  Yes that's right she is turning ONE!!!  It's a little hard to believe that the last year has gone so quickly.  Somedays I just look at her and think it's a miracle that she is still here  wub.gif

So, me thinks it's time for a meet up - just don't know when or where - any suggestions? I am back working Mon, Tue, Wed so am free at the end of the week.

Better fly as DH has outside jobs todo this morning and needs my help  laughing2.gif

Big waves.gif to all  

Tan

#145 Shadowess

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

Finally found us on page 5!

I have a question for those of you who went through private OB's for your pregnancies, and especially those of you who went through the lovely Dr D.

Do you go back to your OB/GYNO for pap smears? I'll need one again soon, and I'm wondering whether I can go and see Dr D, or if that's not the done thing? The reason why I'm thinking of seeing him, and not my GP, is that I'm quietly going insane with questions and "what ifs" from my less than perfect delivery, and if I go and see him for a test, I could talk to him about my delivery, and hopefully get a bit of closure. Yes, I did have my 6 week check, but all these questions only appeared afterwards, when I finally emerged from the new-baby haze! Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else goes to their OB's for smear tests, without having other gyno issues. I just don't want to waste his time, I guess.

Thanks for your help ladies. We're all good here. Ruby's crawling now, and saying mum, dad, bub.. sooo cute!

Would be up for a meet up as well, at this stage tuesdays or wednesdays are best for me, as Ruby is in day care on Thursdays and Fridays (although I could come without her!).

Cheers,

fee

#146 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Apart from my 6w checkup, I haven't been back to my Ob (Dr Gallagher). But at that check up my Ob did a pap smear so I haven't had to think about it. If you have a GP that your happy with, I'd go to them for a check up. That's what I did between the birth of DS and the birth of DD. But having said that, if you need closure then I'd ring Dr D's room and get a follow up appointment. I'm sure he'd understand your concerns more so than your GP.

Good on you Ruby, well done. It's great when they start getting mobile and they vocally interact with you - more like a little person rather than a little helpless baby.

Quick update from us (I'm supposed to be getting the house cleaned up before DH gets home) - DD is literally seconds away from walking. She can stand on her own but won't if she's aware that she's not hanging on to something. And she is very strong on her feet when holding my hands and walking, as she hardly puts any weight on my hands at all. Obviously just needs the confidence to let go and she'd be off.

While we were away on holidays last month she spent a great deal of that time teething, so much so that she went from two teeth to eight teeth in a bit over two weeks. It didn't seem to faze her that much thank goodness so we were lucky in that regard.

She is absolutely Wiggles mad and has even started doing some of the actions to the songs. She's even starting to say some of their names - Doroty (Dorothy) and Oof Oof (Wags). Too cute.

Better run ... hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the good weather.

#147 Shadowess

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Helen.. think I'll have a think about it.. can't believe that Jessica is nearly walking! That's amazing! All these little bubs growing up.. I'm not introducing Ruby to the Wiggles for quite a while yet.. trying to minimise the amount of time that I have to listen to the songs for!  Posted Image

Hey, mariamsmum, if you're around, how are you going with the TTCing?

#148 beaglebabe

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hello ladies,

Nice to see us back on the first page...

Sad that all these little babies are growing up so fast though!  Mac (and Edward too!) about to turn one!!!  Where did the year go?  And Ruby crawling, Jess almost walking, and Riley sitting up...

Tan - I think you are absolutely amazing to have been expressing for so long - especially since returning to work.  I really don't know how you have managed to fit it all in - two kids, Mac's appointments and surgeries, work.  'Wow' is all I can say.  Give yourself a big pat on the back!

Fee - can't help with the OB/pap smear question, but I agree with Helen that a follow-up appointment (even if you still go to the GP for the pap smear) sounds like a good idea.  Hmmm, reminds me that I am overdue for a pap smear....

Helen - I hate teething.  Toby thankfully seems to have gotten most of his out of the way for now, with just the two-year-old molars to go.  Yay on Jess being so close to walking.  It's funny how their confidence can take a while to catch up with their physical abilities.  Toby is a Wiggles fan too.  He's starting to do actions as well, and it is just too cute  wub.gif

Us - does anyone else think that the end of day-light savings is torture?  Toby was up at 4.30am yesterday, and 5.15am today!!!  He usually wakes up when the birds do (which is a good 45mins before the sun comes up).  Not happy with this, and I try re-settling him for quite a while before admitting defeat and getting up, but nothing seems to work.

He is talking more and more - he has about 20-30 words now.  His favourites are 'Noooooo' (said in the same tone we say it to the dog), 'shus' (shoes - he is obsessed!) and Mima (Jemima our dog - not Mumma as I thought it was at first!).

I'd love a meet up too, but will be difficult and say that I can only do Mondays (which don't suit Tan) or Fridays (which aren't good for Fee).

Michelle

#149 mumin07

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hi Everyone,

trixmama - Congratulations on Riley sitting up, how's the encouragement for crawling going?

Tan, Well done on expressing for so long. I can't believe Mac is almost 1 are you doing something extra special to celebrate?

Fee, Congrats on Ruby's crawling.

Helen, Wow on Jessica almost walking. Is Christopher a fan of the Wiggles too? I am avoiding introducing the Wiggles to Micah for as long as possible.

Michelle, I agree that the end of daylight saving is bad. Toby's new words sound very cute.

As for us, Micah is well and truly crawling, he is also pulling himself up on furniture and trying to grab lots of stuff.
Solids are going well, he is on 2 meals a day now, I think I will be introducing a 3rd meal soon.
We have also recently got back from a holiday to NZ, Micah seemed to really enjoy himself, however he has been pretty clingy since we got home.
Anyway got to go, he just woke up, so off to stop him getting into too much stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.