Graduate mums #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#26 mumin07

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

LiL_Angels, Congratulations on Alex's first tooth.
muppet, Congratulations on Leon's first tooth.

As for when carseats go from rearwards to fowrard facing,I think it depends on the carseat. Kidsafe came to my mother's group and said that Children should be put rear facing for as long as possible, which was between 8 and 12kg depending on the seat.

As for us, Micah has recovered from his cold which is good, and is starting to sleep better during the day (and continuing to sleep well at night) which is good.
We have just put him in his cot, which isn't going fantastically, he is still on the bassinette mattress in the cot.

Gaby

#27 cheeky_monkeys

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello ladies,
Thought that i needed to bump us from page 6 tongue.gif
Also need to say that i won't be able to make the meet up at helen's i have had to make a Dr's appt and that was the soonest i could get and to say i need it is an under statement
Hope you all have fun and i will talk to you soon, I had my sisters wedding on the weekend and i am still buggered from it blink.gif  going to do nothing now

Bye

#28 Purple_Gecko

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:50 AM

I have plans no Wednesday. Meeting at the Zoo with people I go to school with.

Here are some piccies from the BMX event yesterday.
I had 3 riders yesterday but took the piccies of many many more.
Was good fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i5.photobucke...fixed3small.jpg

http://i5.photobucke...fixed2small.jpg

http://i5.photobucke...ixed1bsmall.jpg

http://i5.photobucke...brindaSmall.jpg

http://i5.photobucke...rinda5small.jpg

#29 trebambinibelli

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:17 PM

Just a quick one, sorry Helen I can't come Wed, Lochie & Riley are going to a Xmas party.  Hope you have a nice morning.
BBL for personals

#30 Purple_Gecko

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hello
long time no posting in here.

I just wanted to say hi.
Feeling a little down with the kids ending at Monash Primary.

I got their reports today and am so proud of Chris.

I will be backlater.
Still so much to do.

#31 beaglebabe

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

Hi ladies,

We have been very quiet haven't we?

I've been flat out trying to juggle work, overtime, Toby, DH's rotating roster, Christmas preps etc.  I'm off work now til 7 January thank goodness, as I really feel the need for a bit of a break.

Not that Toby seems to agree that I need a break.  He is doing my head in this morning.  He is into everything, and is starting to think it is funny to do things he knows he shouldn't do (harrass the dog, pull all the tissues out of the box etc etc).  This morning I went into the kitchen to take something out of the oven and came back to find him squatting on top of the coffee table  ohmy.gif  Most of the time I love his adventurous spirit, but sometime I just wish he was a quieter child who was content to sit on my knee and read books. Do those children exist???

What did everyone get up to for Christmas?  I hope you all had a nice day and that Santa was kind  smile1.gif

Michelle

#32 Purple_Gecko

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hello Michelle
Its a lovely age isnt it...hahahahahaha

We had a normal xmas. Xmas eve was at my mums and was really lovely this year. Then we have xmas mornign early here then moved on to my mums by 9am.  We got home just after 10am and my FIL and his wife came over. Got bad news about my FIL. It looks like he wont be with us for very long anymore but we wont know for sure till January sometime.
we did very little for the arvo and went to dinner at MIL's. We got home at about 8pm and watched Tv while I tidied up.

I love his adventurous spirit, but sometime I just wish he was a quieter child who was content to sit on my knee and read books. Do those children exist???

Yes, my first son was like that biggrin.gif  but he still had a naughty streak and because we were so complacent with his quiet nature he did some more naughty than normal things too...ahahahahah

#33 Purple_Gecko

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

Happy new year everyone.

It is soooo hot today.
In fact it is 34.3 and rising at 6pm...thats just silly  tongue.gif

Sabine
I hope you are coping with the heat. You said you wanted hot..were you prepared???

#34 Tan72

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

...  Happy New Year ...

Hope the new year brings joy and happiness to you and yours!

Syl - The heat is ridiculous.  DH just checked the temp outside and it is 26 degree's and it's nearly midnight - WTF!!!  That is just plain rude I say!  Thank god we have aircon.

How is everyone, recovered from the craziness of the festive season!  We are all exhausted here, happy but exhausted.  We are VERY happy to ring in the new year and kick 2007 to the curb!!!

So are we having a meet-up?  I would love to offer my little caravan, but I don't think we would all fit!

Big waves.gif to all...

#35 Shadowess

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Oh no!! I was hoping to come back to a cooler Canberra! We've been in Perth (flying out in a couple of hours), where it was over 40 for 3 days last week.. Hope Canberra starts cooling down..

#36 Purple_Gecko

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

What is everyone doing for the next few weeks?

Edited by Purple_Gecko, 03 January 2008 - 06:38 AM.

#37 Purple_Gecko

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

I AM SO BORED.....
where is everyone???

#38 Nut

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

How about you come over and get your tupperware

#39 Michelle&Girls

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hello everyone,
wow, eb is really quiet,
i hope everyone enjoyed their christmas and happy new year.

We have been busy at our house lately. i have hardly been home all month. weve been to Fiji, jervis bay, sydney several times, nelson bay and i arrived back in canberra this morning, and travel back to sydney for carina to see the paediatric surgeon on thursday. (in the meantime i left the 2 older girls in nelson bay with my parents)
weve put a few kms on the car.

Tan, my dear, why are you living in a caravan? have i missed something?

#40 Tan72

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

roll2.gif Michelle, I refer to my little house on the prarie as the caravan of courage as it is a little on the small side.  I actually think if you backed your car up you could hitch it on and move it  laughing2.gif

EB is like a graveyard ATM, I am so very bored with it.  That said I have found some other sites to while away the hours....

Wave's a big hello to everyone else!

#41 beaglebabe

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yay - I have friends again!  I was starting to think that it was just Syl and I in here.....

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm unwinding a bit, after a month of being soooo tired - and I have to go back to work on Monday  sad.gif

Michelle - you must be exhausted after all that travelling!  Good luck with Carina's surgeon.

Fee - 40 is just ridiculous!

Tan - I'm up for another get together.  Happy to offer my place again on a Thursday or Friday.

DH has just gotten home from work, so I'd better go and hang out with him for a bit.  Almost time for Rockwiz

#42 Shadowess

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

Yep, 40 is rediculous, but 44 is even more rediculous! Can't believe I was there for the hottest December day on record..

michelle, what's going on with Carina? hope it's all good!

Anyway, all quiet here.. started Rubs on some farex.. not sure whether she likes it! Might try her on some straight apple or pear, instead.

Thinking about going to the pool today, but not sure which one to go to. i know the 25m pool at CISAC is warm, but I've heard of so many people getting sick there, that I don't know whether it's a good idea to take Ruby there.. anyone know if the Gold Creek pool is open to the public, or if you need to be a member or something?

#43 beaglebabe

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

Hey Fee - CISAC is lovely and warm, and we've never had a problem there with illness.  I don't know anything about Gold Creek.  d*ckson is also nice though - outdoor pool with lots of space around it with grass and trees.  It's especially nice in the late afternoon - pack a picnic and hang out in the shade of the trees.  Manuka is much the same, but southside.

Although today will probably seem positively chilly for you if you've been used to 44!!!

Toby was never a farex fan (can't blame them really - have you tasted it?). Tobes much preferred it mixed 50/50 with fruit.

Hi everyone else  original.gif

#44 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

Just had to comment on the Farex topic - neither of my kids liked the plain farex (and I don't blame them at all as the word "bland" isn't even an accurate enough description). BUT the flavoured ones like pear, banana and apple were huge hits. I also bought the organic range as they seemed to be just that much tastier.

Jess is only just moving away from Farex and on to Weetbix now (and loving it) ... she is such a piggy - two biscuits each morning and once finished she still wants more (especially if she spots Mummy eating).

She's cruising well and truly now, and her latest trick is to hold up one finger as if to say "I'm one" (which she will be in five days time - my baby's growing up cry1.gif).

Keep cool in the coming days ladies. We've just checked out the forecast for Jess's birthday party next Saturday and it will be a delightful (not) scorching 36+ degrees. :eek:

#45 Shadowess

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Oh my gosh!! Jess is turning one!! It seems like only last week we were all waiting for the news! What kind of a party do you have planned? hopefully an inside, air conditioned one!

I haven't tasted the farex, mostly cos the smell of the formula turns me off! I tried mixing it with a bit of fruit, but it didn't go down too well.. think it was more because of a tired bub though. I also don't think she was particularly hungry, only just having had a bottle. I'm actually wondering if she's just not ready yet for solids, she doesn't seem that keen, even though she tries to grab our food, and "chews" while watching us eat.

is the d*ckson pool fairly warm? might just stick with cisac, maybe we'll go tomorrow.

#46 is-sew

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hi, can I join in here?  You may have seen my posts around but as I joined EB after DD2 was born I thought that the ACT Graduate mums was a bit of an exclusive club  (can I blame baby brain?).  Everyone seemed to know each other from before their bub was born and I was just a newbie.

Anyway I am currently feeling a bit isolated and thought it would be worth giving it a bit of a shot to see if I can join 6 1/2 months after I "graduated" with DD2.  Most of the mums I have been catching up with on a weekly basis are about to return to work ( I am already back 3 days /week) and DH has just left for a 7 week stint away from home for work.

anyway what do you think?

Roz

#47 nesticle

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Happy New Year everyone!

Fee - We were in Perth on Boxing Day too, disgusting huh?  It was a bit better later in the week but only in comparison original.gif  Ironically both DH and I came back from a week in stinking hot weather with headcolds!  Thankfully a fairly mild one but still  :mad:   How did Ruby cope with the flights?  Aidan did ok until the last one when the planes aircon was busted and it was 38 degrees outside  sad.gif

Beaglebabe - Oh no!  looks like I won't see much of you after Feb, I'm back at work on thurs/fri so we'll cross over sadly.

Hope everyone is coping ok with the heat and all the kids are staying reasonably sane too!

#48 Purple_Gecko

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hi Roz
Welcome to our little NON exclusive group...hahahaha
My name is Syl and I am almost 32. I have 4 kids as under my sig and am studying full time at CIT.
I hope you feel very comfprtable here.

Helen
Time goes way to fats.

Tan
How is that little princess of yours?

Farex is gross.... I always added fruit.

#49 Shadowess

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

Roz, you're very welcome to be here! We're not exclusive!  smile1.gif It sucks having your DH away, hey? I did 10 weeks on my own in 2006 (nearly said last year!), but that was born I was even pregnant, so I didn't have to look after Rubs on my own.

Ness, we came back on the 2nd, so managed to get those mildly cooler days.. personally, I thought they were worse that the 40+ days! Mostly cos the in-laws turned off the air con once it got below 35, but the residual heat in the house made it feel quite hot inside. We spent boxing day at my grandparents, and they usually refuse to turn the air con on, regardless of what temp it is.. I flatly refused to go though, unless they turned it on! Ruby really didn't like the heat (takes after her mum!), but she did alright.. and the flying was alright. She was great going over, and coming back wasn't too bad, just one small bad patch. We had to run between flights in Melbourne though, which was a tad interesting.. only just made it!

Well, I don't know what's going on.. Ruby's been so hard to settle the last few days.. don't know if it's teeth, or just getting back into a routine (not that she was terribly out of routine in Perth), or what.. hope it ends soon though!

#50 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

You know what's really scary? That DD is the first 2007 baby on the Birthday List to turn one. And so all these babies that arrived shortly after her are also approaching this milestone. Wow, you said it, time (this year in particular) certainly has gone fast. :eek:

We're having just a small party for her with family and a few close friends, nothing fancy as she won't have any idea that it's any different to any other day. I couldn't help myself though and did end up with a bit of a theme - Strawberry Shortcake. It seemed girly and innocent enough. original.gif

Just saw that the forecast is now for a more respectable 31 degrees on Saturday ... I only hope that by the time the day arrives that the temp is even more respectable. hands.gif

ETA Roz, you're most certainly very welcome to join our group - the more here the merrier in my books. original.gif

Edited by gollygar, 06 January 2008 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.