Graduate mums #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#51 muppet

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

Hiya lovely ladies and beautiful bubbas, long time no see!

Yay - I have friends again! I was starting to think that it was just Syl and I in here.....

Lol I am still here too, just don't always get time to post! Would DEFINATLY be up for another gtg! original.gif

Have been laying low due to having the inlaws (outlaws  dev (6).gif) here for 5 weeks *sigh* They arrived start of december so just one week left THANKGOD!! Don't get me wrong the kids love having them here and its nice to have that bond but Dh's parents and I REALLY don't get along! Anyway, like I said, not long to go now  biggrin.gif

I also got a job, at the start of November (first one in 6 years which was scarey), nothing huge just shelf stacking at my local woolies 3 nights a week (7-12)! I am REALLY enjoying it actually as it gets me out the house, gives me another identity (other than just "mum" lol), keeps me damn fit (have already lost abit of weight) and ofcourse the extra money certainly helps out  biggrin.gif ! It was all pretty hectic over xmas but am getting inot the swing of it now!

As for baby news well Leon is fastly approaching his 1yr milestone too  cry1.gif As he is our last bubba I am feeling a little sad about it all but it has definatly been a good year and they have to grow up sooner or later lol!

He has two teeth now, the bottom two, with the top two madly trying to make an appearance. Started sleeping through when I got the job hands.gif, which was PEFECT timing as it means no more getting up in the middle of the night which I think would of killed me!

He has started walking and cruises around on his walker!

Madly getting stuff sorted for Quinn starting school! I think I have everything for his 1st day organised just have to label it all!

Anyway will pop back in later for some personals original.gif

#52 mumin07

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hi everyone, after xmas and new year I finally have some time to read EB, sounds like I haven't missed too much anyway.

muppet, congratulations on the new job.
Helen, hope the weather cools down for you.
Roz, Welcome to the group.

I have enjoyed the Farex discussion, DS has not started on solids, 24 days before he starts (I am very keen to wait until he is 6 months), so it will be interesting to see if he likes it. DH wanted to start him on Weetbix straight away and have finally convinced him that it isn't the best.

#53 Shadowess

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

Helen, well, hope that your weather report is right, cos the bureau of met says that it's going to be 37 on Saturday! Can't believe that strawberry shortcake has made a come back.. my mum made me a SS cake for my 6th birthday! It's weird to think that our daughters are going to have the same toys as us!

Muppet, your job sounds great! Where would I find one of them?? So are you organising a party for Leon? Can't believe he's almost one as well! I hear ya on the IL's.. I just had 3 weeks with mine, and I was so glad to leave! I'm lucky though, that on the very odd occasion that they come to visit, they don't stay with us, so that's good!

Mumin07, hello! A girl in my parent's group was saying that weetbix is a bad idea.. she tried her DD (who's 3 now..) on it not long after farex, and she wasn't a very happy camper at all!

Well, off to get organised to go to lunch with a friend who's back from London for christmas.

fee

#54 Nut

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

Afternoon all!

Took my baby to have his 2 month needles today sad.gif

Actually he did really well. Took the oral stuff with no refusal, just a slightly sour look on his face.

First leg he cried but it was only a small cry... Second one he was not at all impressed and we had a silent cry but only one and then we went back to the upset cry... He settled quickly and was asleep 5 minutes later.

Weight wise he is 5.29kg and 57.5cm long and doing wonderfully on the growth scale. Midwife was very pleased with his progress.

Fee - 37??? Yuck  blink.gif... thank god for air conditioning!

Muppet - Every extra dollar counts hey. I have been thinking of looking for something I can do for a few hours on the weekend but I don't like my chances (nor am I that fussed really).

Roz - You're more than welcome to join. It's true that we all came from pretty much the same place but we're open to anyone original.gif

#55 is-sew

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.  I seem to be doing better than DH who has rung 5 times since he left yesterday afternoon!!!.  I think it is harder for him this time than when he went for 8 weeks when DD2 was 3 months old because she is so much more interactive now.  He is worried that he will miss something important like crawling for the first time.  When I point out that he experienced all those things with DD1 while I was away 12 hours a day for work ( he was a SAHD) he doesn't seem impressed with the argument.

Nut I know what you mean about the cry after the immunisations.  It just breaks my heart.

The weather is sounding really gashtly isn't it.  Looks like more time down D*ckson pool.  I may as well just pack a tent and move in permanently.

Roz

#56 Shadowess

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

Well, Helen it appears you were right about Saturday's forecast! in checking again this afternoon, the BOM had downgraded it from the 37 they had this morning!

Nut, yeah, that cry is a bit painful, hey? I find that about 3-4 hours afterwards is when the fun begins! Ruby will just cry and cry and cry, until she falls asleep. Hope Alex didn't do that for you!

Roz, I think that sounds fair, that you get all the "firsts" this time!

Speaking of firsts, I think we got our first sit today! so cool!

#57 Nut

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

Alex has been great today.. He slept a bit, was his happy smiley self, enjoyed his play time and has been a lovely little boy as usual. Have been monitoring his temp all day (I have a unit that hooks onto his nappy and transmits the temp to a portable unit) and it's been pretty good.

No different to any other day really, other than being a bit clingy perhaps.

#58 Purple_Gecko

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

Roz
I agree that you deserve the firsts this time. I think today might be a bit cooler or at least the morning has started that way.
Really hoping for some rain.
What side of town are you on. (due to going to d*ckson pool I assume that way somewhere  laughing2.gif .

Nic
I am glad he got through the day without any reaction.

I hated nedles so much. You feel so cruel.

Speaking of firsts, I think we got our first sit today! so cool!

Awww...it happens so fast.

My little girl (who isnt so little anymore) is past all the firsts for a while but is exploring her speech beautifully  wub.gif

Ben is all ready to start at Trinity on the 4th of Feb. With the way my luck had been of recent I was just waiting for the sm,ack in the face saying he couldnt go. I know that s silly but I really need him to change schools aand feared the worst.

#59 trebambinibelli

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

Happy New Year everyone!  We had a quiet Xmas just our little family.  It was lovely to see Lochie so excited about his presents but he also has decided that Riley's presents are his too!  :biggrin:  It's okay at the moment but wait until Riley starts wanting to play more with them and there'll be trouble - not looking forward to being the ref...  rolleyes.gif

Syl - hope Ben starting at his new school goes well.  It's nice when the little ones start talking isn't it  tongue.gif  L is just starting to put 2 words together.  Yesterday we were at the pharmacy and waiting for a script when a lady said goodbye to the pharmacist DS1 yelled out "seeya" to her bless him she looked a bit taken aback and mumbled "bye" to him too  laughing2.gif

Nic - wow he's 2 months already  ohmy.gif I hate those needles too - glad that there's a 6 month break till next ones!

Fee - hate the hot weather too - my mums the same - only puts on the aircon once we're almost fainting from the heat... we meanwhile have almost continuously had ours on for several days... I think it's about to get a good workout in the next week... And very exciting about Ruby sitting - R at 7 1/2 m can sit for a few mins with pillows but still goes sideways or suddenly backwards.  Can't wait until he can sit by himself reliably...

Roz - of course you're welcome! Everyone's pretty friendly here  tongue.gif

Muppet - I hear ya on the outlaws original.gif Thankfully now we have no room for guests here anymore so they have to stay elsewhere...

R took a month to get onto solids - b4 that he was waking several times a night for a feed, worst was Xmas Eve - I felt awful on Xmas!  When he finally went to 3x day he started sleeping thru the night and now is more reliably (hoping I'm not jinxing myself) sleeping through to 7.30am - fantastic!!  Hope he keeps it up!  

We have all (except L) had colds and laryngitis for a couple of weeks with DH, R & I on antibiotics.

It would be gr8 to have a catch up, I'll def be into that!

Tanya

#60 Tan72

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

Just a quick one from me as home with 2 kidlets and one is feral, but I had to brag as I am so bloody excited...

Drum roll please....

... SHE ROLLED ...

Yep that's right, Mac finally rolled over.  All by herself from her back to her tummy. She even pulled her arm out from under her when she put her head up. She did it yesterday and has continued doing it today.  It funny what you take for granted because with DS I was happy but not jumping for joy IYKWIM.  With Mac I am so bloody happy it's crazy.  

I am just amazed at how far she has come wub.gif

BBL for personal's when feral kidlet one has his nap  dev (6).gif

#61 Purple_Gecko

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

OMG TAN
Thats awesome news...horray Mackenzie

#62 Michelle&Girls

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

yay for mac!thats great news, what a little superstar!

next thing you know, she will be crawling original.gif
Enjoy her Tan original.gif

#63 Mariamsmum

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

way to go Mac biggrin.gif!!!!

what a clever girl  grin.gif...

waves.gif to everyone as I'm at work and shouldn't be surfing EB  ph34r.gif

#64 Nut

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Awww Tan that's brilliant!!!!!

cclap.gifeexcite.giftthumbs.gif

#65 L712

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

I have been away in Melbourne and just arrived home today!!! biggrin.gif

I have missed so much!  I read a bit at MIL's but her computer was way toooo slow rolleyes.gif

Way to go Mackenzie biggrin.gif Do you realise our babies are going to be 1 in a few months Tan!!

Hi to EVERYONE!!!  
Laurel

PS Can you tell I am happy to be home?
PPS So when are we having gtg???  I am happy to host here after 21st (DH is off work until then) anyone free to host earlier?

#66 muppet

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

Firstly......GO MAC GO MAC GO GO GO GO MAC!!

Thats fantastic news Tan original.gif

ljr2005 I was wondering where you had got too original.gif Welcome back!!

Mariamsmum Hows work going?? All settled back in??

trixmama
It was lovely to see Lochie so excited about his presents but he also has decided that Riley's presents are his too!
Lol we still get this with the 5 year old! Whats his is his and whats the 3 year olds and babies is his too  :ohmy:

Nut Glad to hear that Alex is doing so well original.gif Love that xmas sig btw! My littlies always seem to sleep better after their needles lol

Shadowess Actually wasn't really looking for a job but was surfing on eb one night and came across a thread in "your employment" about nightfill and it sounded interesting! Woolies and coles both have websites where you can search for vacancies. Checked out the woolies one more for a nosey as there is a local one here (2 minutes away) and just wondered what was going and there was a position for 3 nights a week 7-12! I applied both online and in store! Its just enough to be worth doing it but not too much iykwim and im making just over $250 a week (paid as permanent part time but lots employ as a casual which is a much higher rate)

Better go get some sleep!

Catch ya original.gif

#67 nesticle

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Go Mac!!

I just had to come and share my amazement at my little boy original.gif  He has two teeth already, at only just over 5 months old!!!!  Not only that but he can happily sit unaided for a good ten minutes most days biggrin.gif

Sorry to boast, I'm just proud of my strong little man  biggrin.gif

#68 Shadowess

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:22 PM

Yay to Mac on rolling!

Yay to Aidan on the teeth and sitting!

On the plane back from Perth, a lady with a 9 month old boy came and had a chat with us, and she was saying that her DS had 7 teeth at 5 months!! imagine that!! And apparently he cut the first two on the way to and from the UK! Rubs hasn't got teeth yet, and she can sit for about 30 seconds, but then she gets too excited and falls over!

Alex, thanks for the info on the shelf fillers!

Hello everyone else!

Well, we signed up for swimming lessons today.. I figure that I may as well give it a go, since I'm not going to be able to do that kind of thing once I go back to work.. a friend and her DD will be in our class as well, so that will be fun.

Happy birthday to all the bubs with birthdays! Can't believe they're a year old already...

Fee

#69 Nut

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

Just wanted to share....

Alex laughed today!!! Even got some of it on video. Hopefully I can manage to upload to the computer original.gif

#70 Tan72

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Roz - Welcome, welcome, welcome, everyone is always welcome.  The graduate's is really a loose name that should read "The those trying, having, had or not having kids group" laughing2.gif  

Amalay - How are you going gorgeous?  We should org a GTG so you can come with Zayn.  How is he going?  He must be so big now!

Laurel - Welcome back, girl!  I can't believe that this time last year, we were freaking out about numbers and ratio's etc.  God alot has happened in a year and I tell you, for the first time in my life I feel like I have aged, IYKWIM laughing2.gif

Alex - Having the outlaws for 5 weeks, my hats off to you girl, am sending you a cyber champers in congrats.  YAY also on getting a job, I am starting back at work p/t on Feb 4 and am terrified  cry1.gif

Ness - Well done to Adian, clever little man, am so impressed with his sitting and teeth.  There is no stopping him now!

Fee - Swimming lessons are great.  I am dying to take Mac as she loves the water, but they advise us not to until she has had her 12mth shots.  Also, I can't believe that bub on the plane had that many teeth laughing2.gif That is a huge amount for his age.

Nic - Well done Alex on laughing, how lovely for you and Paul.  I love it when they become inter-active, it makes it all worthwhile wub.gif

Thanks guys on all the congrats with Mac rolling, we are so very happy and proud.  She is now trying to roll back, tricky little thing.

Big :wave: to Syl, Michelle x2 laughing2.gif, Tanya and anyone else I have missed.  We should get a GTG organised soon or these kids of ours are going to be 12 by the time it happens :biggrin:

Well am off to celebrate Mac making it to 9mth's.  Also to celebrate me still expressing, don't often toot my own horn.  We have decided that I will keep going until she is 12mths and re-acess then.  It is exhausting but am happy that she is getting the good stuff.  I think I am going to have to let the dream of ever b/fing go cry1.gif as she is going onto solids and a sippy cup (hopefully) and to put her on the breast is seen as a backward step cry1.gif.  Still trying to process it emotionally, but will see how she goes after her op in Sydney on the 23rd...

Well better go express (again tee hee) so I can have a wine with dinner!

Tan

#71 L712

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:03 AM

Good Morning!

Time for some personals me thinks..

Syl-How are you going with the hols?  What days are you at school this year?  This is your last year right??

Amaly-How is work?

Nes-that is awesome on the sitting and teeth!!  Edward has 3 now and a forth nearly through at the top, it has been a painful process for both of us sad.gif

Fee-Where are you doing swimming?  I did it with April and we both loved it.  Am planning to take Edward probably on a Thurs/Fri at CSIAC when April is at Pre-school.

Nut-Alex is such a cutie wub.gif

Muppet-Hey there!!  I really commend you with the inlaws, I was going crazy in Melbourne rolleyes.gif But I suppose when they come from so far it means they need to stay longer to make it worthwhile!  We should gtg before school/pre-school/playschool start :ohmy:

Tan-You have done an awesome job with expressing, especially with lots of stress and Spencer to take care of too!  I take my hat off to you!  It sure has been a rollercoater for you guys.  What date do you leave for her next Surgery?  We should try and have gtg before then.  I am back to work part time on the 30th, kind of excited but sad about it too sad.gif

Anyway better go.  Edward is doing really well, trying hard to walk. He goes for another renal ultrasound on Monday just to see what his kidney is doing now (he was born with his left kidney dilated, we have had lots of test but they can find no cause for it, which is a good thing!) April is SO ready for Preschool tongue.gif   DH is still on holidays and I start back on 30th.  The days are flying by now.
Laurel

Ps I have missed people I'm sure so hi!!

#72 Purple_Gecko

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:22 AM

Tan
I think that you have stuck to expressing all these months is a bigger thing than her not getting on the breast anyway. You shouwed alot of dedication being so vigilant with it and you should focus on that as a positive.
I cant believe she is 9 months old already.

Laurel
I am at school on Tues, Wed, Thurs this year. I cant wait to go back. Neeky goes back to daycare tomorrow for the first time since xmas for 2 days a week. my little girl has come right out of her shell the last few weeks, I hope she doesnt regress going back to daycare.
I hope his tests got well and they show no further dilation. (i am guessing that is why they do it)
Its so sad they grow so fast and he is trying to walk. But it does make them happier.

#73 L712

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

I agree that he will be happier, he is quite frustrated and keeps hurting himself because he tries to do things he can't do!  He has just grown so fast.  Yep his paed just wants to see if it is the same size, bigger or gone.  I will BBL need to go and eat I'm starving!

Good Luck for Dominique tomorrow original.gif I still have her drink bottle on my Fridge!

#74 beaglebabe

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Wow - you guys sure have been chatty!  I've got lots to catch up on....

Syl - hope Dominique settles back into childcare well.  Yay on all the talking!

Helen - Happy Birthday to Jess!!!  How did her party go?

Fee - how are the solids going?  Toby took a good 6-8 weeks to really catch on to it, so don't worry too much if Ruby doesn't seem too keen at first.  Is she settling back into a routine now that you've been home for a bit?  Way to go on the sitting!

Roz - Welcome  original.gif   How are you coping with two kids on your own? And how's your DH coping???  Is he still calling five times a day?  It's very sweet that he misses you all so much  wub.gif

Ness - Wow Aidan is growing up quickly!  When do you go back to work?  How did you go finding childcare?  Aidan's not going to the centre close to your house is he???  That's where Toby goes.

Muppet - Congrats on your job.  Sounds like the hours work really well for you.  That's great that Leon decided to start sleeping through just in time.  Have your in-laws left yet?  Five weeks is a looooong time!

Nut - Alex looks like such a wise old man in your new sig.  I can't believe he is 5.3kg!  He still looked so tiny to me last time I saw him....

Trixmama - yay on Riley sleeping through.  I hope you are all better soon.

Tan - YAY to Mac on her rolling efforts!!!  What a nice way to start the new year.  I think you are doing an amazing job to be expressing for so long.  I lasted a whole two months of expressing once a day at work, so have lots of admiration for you!

Laurel - I was wondering where you were too.  Hope the ultrasound goes well.   Surely Edward can't be almost walking!  He was just a little bub lying on the floor when I met him that time at Sylvia's place!

Definitely time for another get together I think - these babies are growing up far too quickly.  Perhaps since we are all busy on different days we could organise the next two get togethers, and hope that we can all make it to at least one?  That might be easier than trying to arrange one mutually suitable time.

I can do one on a Friday (which seems to be ok for most?) at my place in Kambah - perhaps 1 Feb?

Ok, that's all I can manage for now, as Im at work, and really shouldn't be on EB ninja.gif

Michelle

#75 Shadowess

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

Michelle, the solids are going really well! It took a week for her to actually start opening her mouth, but now she can't get enough! She's tried apple, pear, pumpkin, carrots and potato now.. maybe brocelli will be next! And yes, we're into a better routine now. Just took her a bit of time to get over the time difference, I think.
A GTG woould be great! I'd be up for the 1st!

Laurel, we're going to CISAC (you guys convinced me that it was alright, the other day!). Some of the girls in my mothers group were talking about it, and I thought we'd give it a go, since I won't be able to do all these things once I go back to work in July. How did Edward's scan go?

Sylvia, what are you studying?

Nut, yay for Alex laughing! It's such a cool thing, hey? Took Ruby ages and ages.. she finally did it when we were in Margaret River, when I was trying to change her on a restaurant's bathroom floor, cos there was no change table! Charming time to start laughing!

Tan, congrats on Mac's 9 months! And your expressing 9 months! That's an awesome achievement.. you have every right to toot your own horn! The boy on the plane did look very "toothy"! And I'm assuming his mother wasn't telling us tall tales! *lol*

Anyway, not much else! Ruby has started rolling in her bed, and refuses to do it on the floor! Not sure what the deal is with that..

Fee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.