Fenugreek. Does it work??

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Schmend

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Some people have more luck with Fenugreek than they do with Blessed Thistle.  One thing may work for a time, and then like anything your body gets used to it.

I irregularly take Fenugreek as I work part time and i have no side effects or issues from taking it some days, to not taking it at all.  And it boosts my supply all the same.  has been a real saviour for my express sanity actually!

#27 mum2amonkey

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Just wanted to say thanks ladies for all your words of wisdom - I've started taking the Fenugreek today and as yet no difference but will keep you posted. I'm also off to the supper market tomorrow to get ingredience for the Lactation Boosting cookies - I hear they also work wonders - while there I'll load up on the fenugreek seeds much cheaper!

#28 -lilly-

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

Oh definately try the fenugreek seeds to make tea.

I had definate supply issues and have been on firstly fenugreek capsules (4 1000mg caps 3x a day), then fenugreek caps + motilium (4 tabs 3x a day before slowly weaning off) and they seems to help a little but was so costly. Spent over $100 before starting the tea.

The tea tastes horrible (can add honey), but sooo much cheaper at $4.90/kg at my local spice shop.  I boil 1/2 cup of fenugreek seeds in 2L of water for about 15 minutes.  I then let it cool and put it in the fridge.  I drink one glass 3x a day (microwaved for 40sec so I can skull it down fast!!).  

It has boosted my supply significantly.... I was able to express around 60ml from both boobs when on Fenugreek caps+motilium.  With the tea alone, I can do about 90 to 100ml on average with my most ever being 140ml in one session!!  

I haven't had any side effects and luckily don't have the maple syrup smell. Everyone will respond to it differently, but I hope it works for you!!

#29 ***specialK***

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Apparently MILK thistle and BLESSED thistle is not the same thing!

My friend (studied naturopathy) confirmed last night when she checked the herbs or whatever used

See my post:
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=513562

Edited by ***specialK***, 24 March 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#30 bzzzbee

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

They worked for me, I've used them a number of times now for both children.

It was recommended I take 3 capsules x 3 times a day (these instructions aren't on the bottle).  The first time I used them I woke up with footballs!!!! I thought my bobs were going to explose,so yes, for some they're they work really well and fast.  However after a couple of weeks their effect wore off.

I too suffer from migrains but they weren't triggered by the capsules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.