I gave birth on the toilet floor at home!!!!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 Isis

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

Congratulations on the swift arrival of Khodi! I love hearing of unplanned, unassisted home births original.gif Next time, (if you have another babe), hire a midwife and enjoy the whole pregnancy/birth/babymoon in the privacy and calm of your own home. Home birth rocks biggrin.gif

#27 raisins

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

That is one of the BEST stories I've ever heard! I love the part when DS1 came in and when asked if he knew what was happening, he said "you're having a baby mummy" wub.gif  

My first baby was born in the car so I know all about the dramatics lol. And like you-I actually kind of enjoyed it.... happy.gif

#28 Doofybear

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

I don't answer in here much, but, wow, that was just beautiful! wub.gif

Congratulations!

#29 nicki-b

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Aw look you made me cry now.  You are incredible.
Its my due date tomorrow, I will be on the look out!
Many congratulations, I just loved the photos
Nicki

#30 ~moo~

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

wow what an amazing story I am crying right now. you did a good job to bring such a good looking boy into the world.

#31 xaylmz

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

Thank you all for your replies, it was definitely an experience that even amazes me how we got through it so calmly!!  Well we didn't have much of a choice  laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif it really was great though  wink.gif

Luv Bec xox

#32 Michelle1

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

Amazing story! Congrats on your lovely boy!

#33 Abbygirl

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

Brillian birth story!

Congratulations wub.gif

Abbygirl
xxx

#34 ladyluck

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

how beautiful! Congratulations  wub.gif

#35 ~*Debbie*~

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Khodi and what a great birth story.

#36 madles

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:12 PM

Wow, what a great birth story. Congratulations on the unexpected and safe arrival of Khodi.

#37 Melie

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hi Bec

Wow what a great story to tell your baby when he grows up  biggrin.gif

I also had a quick second labour (2hrs) and only just made it to hospital in time. I am soooo glad I trusted my intuition and went to hospital when the midwife said I should stay at home until it became unmanageable my husband is a major worry wort and I don't think he would have been as calm as yours would have had to have been !!!

Enjoy your little baby they grow so fast!!!

Melx

#38 BaldBalls

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

Awesome birth story  original.gif

Congratulations  wub.gif

#39 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Wow, great birth story, congratulations. original.gif

#40 KylieB

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Wow! You are all stars! Congratulations  biggrin.gif

#41 priscilla01

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

WoW what a fabulous delivery..Congrats to you guys..

Good Luck & TakeCare

#42 WOBGEM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:33 AM

That is gr8 !!  Congrats!!

Welcome to the world little man.  May you have a long, happy, healthy & loving life with your family!  

Well done Mummy!  Excellent... one of the best stories I've read!

#43 Guest_shauna'smum_*

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:44 AM

Best birth story I have ever read original.gif .
loved every bit of it.
You had me laughing with your determination to fit yourself in to your bath, even if it was uncomfortable laughing2.gif
Wow you look fantastic in those photos.
So calm and relaxed and full of love and joy wub.gif .

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

#44 ~JASB~

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Awesome story grin.gif  I had a few giggles as well - like your DH asking why he wasn't going to work laughing2.gif

I held my own breath reading the part about you waiting for Khodi to breathe!  And had goosebumps when I read about him finally crying  wub.gif

You look amazing in those photos!  Wish I looked that good after giving birth wink.gif

#45 heather23

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

omg an amazing read. wish my labour went that quickly  tongue.gif congrats on ur bubba

#46 xaylmz

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Thank you again for you replies and comments  original.gif

Luv Bec xox biggrin.gif

#47 ~**Marlin**~

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

i have just got all goose bumpy  wub.gif
one minute i felt like i was going to cry the next minute i was laughing.
what a beautiful birth story!!  original.gif
and congratulations on your bub
original.gif

#48 Honey~Baby

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

What a wonderful story. Beautiful baby and love the name.

#49 lajenza

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Wow what a story to tell. It really was riveting, as others have said. Congratulations on your 'home birth' and beautiful, healthy son.

#50 xaylmz

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

Another thank you again for the lovely comments.  I still get excited telling my birth story  laughing2.gif . Khodi is just over a month old now too!!!

Luv Bec xox biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.