17 Wks premature!-The Early Arrival of Niamh Annabelle

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 ~Sara~

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl Siobhan.

She sounds like she is a fighter!

Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

#27 ~*~mumzlilcookie~*~

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

hello, how is bubby going? wub.gif

#28 ~*~mumzlilcookie~*~

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

hello, i was just visiting your site and saw some update pics of your little girl..she seems to doing very well wub.gif

#29 Kerris

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hi Siobhan

I have been reading your daily log of gorgeous little girl and it certainly brings back so many memories.  Your little Niamh is a little fighter and it is great to see that she is going so well.  It is lovely when they move from ventilator to CPAP, certainly makes cuddle time a whole lot easier.

We too were given some of the early birds range of clothing and have had pictures taken in it and have framed them with the top.

The little hat the Niamh is wearing is very much like the one that my Noah had, he also had little booties that used to come passed his knees in the same wool and we used to get so many comments.

I look forward to hearing more about Niamh's journey

Kerri

I look forward to

#30 mummylizzie

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl!  Every day that passes is a wonder to behold... good to hear that she is doing well and fighting strong...  I too know the feeling of having bubs in the NICU, although 6 weeks premmie is nowhere near to 17 weeks, keep hanging in there and what a day to celebrate when she finally comes home!!!

Here's a pic of my little one when she was in the NICU...

#31 harmony214

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Thank you for sharing your amazing story with all of us. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

#32 bbear

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

What an amazing little girl

you are in my thoughrs.  My road was long but not as long as yours.  My little mas is now home with us and growing fast.

#33 casspice

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

Congratulations on your gorgeous little girl.
I have been stalking your blog. I look forward to reading how Niamh is doing each night.

What an amazing, strong girl you have!

#34 **Llante**

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:39 AM

hhugs.gif and hands.gif to you and your little blessing!
She seems to be quite the little fighter! And such a gorgeous little girl.
Congratulations and sending love and hope to you and your family.

#35 my3

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

What an amazing and beautiful little fighter your daughter is.  The photos of her on your blog are just divine  wub.gif

Sending lots of strength to you all xx

#36 Just Steph

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

OMG  cry1.gif  what a precious little girl you have, I am so glad to see that she is a little fighter, you must be so proud of how far she has come.  My wish for her is that she grows big and strong and is able to come home sooner than expected xoxo

#37 Bonniegirl

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thank you so much for all your good wishes! Its so nice to read that people I dont even know wish our daughter well original.gif I love EB for that!

Niamh is doing so well bless her, they are very happy with her original.gif

Thanks again x

Thank you so much for all your good wishes! Its so nice to read that people I dont even know wish our daughter well original.gif I love EB for that!

Niamh is doing so well bless her, they are very happy with her original.gif

Thanks again x

#38 babyblessedxo

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I just wanted to say quickly that your daybyday page is amazing, I wish I had done something like that for Jack...  Your little girl is doing so well and Im so happy for your little family!

Yours is the first story I have been able to read since Jack, and I think it has helped me in some little way and for that I thank you!

Stay strong and be kind to yourselves...  I will continue to pop on in and check up on you guys!

#39 alr82

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

Oh wow!! What an amazing daughter you have there! Congratulations on the birth of Niamh Annabelle original.gif I've been looking at your blog, Niamh is so beautiful!

I will keep her in my prayers, that she will continue to grow (and it seems she is doing such a great job so far biggrin.gif )

I too was born prem...at 26w5d...I know that is a lot different to 23 weeks, however there was many a time when my parents were told I would not make, yet here I am today. That was 25 years ago now, so back then there was no where near us much technology/knowledge etc as there is today.

Thank you so much for sharing such gorgeous pictures with us.

Lots of love,
Amy

#40 ladyluck

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

Wow, your story touched my heart. Your little one is gorgeous, and you are all in my thoughts. Congtratulations!

#41 immismum

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

She's amazing!!
So tiny, but obviously so strong,

I wish her all the best, and you too, I'm so impressed that you manage to keep up your blog, with everything else that is going on in your lives.

My thoughts are with you

#42 hadfield

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

I just finished reading your blog. What a remarkable journey you have been on this far. May Niamh continue to grow stronger each and every day.
Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

#43 moodle

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Oh she is such a devine little girl. I had a tear in my eye while reading your blog.

I have a Niamh Isobel and she is a fiery little thing too. I am sure your little girl will be just as determined and power through whatever life throws at her.

I hope all is well with your family and gorgeous baby daughter.

#44 ~keirasmummy~

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Just wanted to add some more EB support. I've been reading your thread and following your precious girl's progress daily. She's obviously strong, and a real fighter.

I had my DD  (born at 36 weeks) at WCH. She was in SCBU for the first few days of her life. The staff were wonderful.

Wishing your lovely family all the best. Will continue following Niamh's journey.
wub.gif

#45 sleepisfortheweak

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations on the birth of such a beautiful little girl.  She seems to be a real fighter, and you georgous little boy is such a trooper.  I just wanted to say that during her stay in NICU, you will have good days, bad days and everything in between.  Treasure those days as they will become some of the best memories of you life.  She will be having babies of her own before you know it.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  

Meredith, mum to four prems, (32wks, 21wks, 27wks and 34wks.)

#46 ~cackleberry~

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

Congratulations on the birth of Niamh Annabelle.  So glad to hear she is doing so well and staying strong.  I hope and hands.gif everything stays well for her.

#47 Bonniegirl

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, its really nice of you to take the time to comment, so thanks!

Meredith
, wow! A 21 weeker! Thats amazing, how is it all going? You have certainly been through it. I dont think I could do this again, especially knowing what would lie ahead. You must be one strong women wink.gif

#48 ~*~mumzlilcookie~*~

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

love the video,she seems to hold on to your finger so tight..and even her eyes are opening even for a couple of seconds..she is just beautiful and a real little fighter wub.gif

#49 member89732

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I think you have a little fighter on your hands, watch out the teenage years! biggrin.gif

#50 SimplySweet

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Congratulations Siobhan on the birth of Niamh

So great to hear how well she is doing  
She is gorgeous:wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.