17 Wks premature!-The Early Arrival of Niamh Annabelle

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 NightRain

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Niamh is so strong at so early and so are you. I wish you all the best of luck and my hands.gif is with you and your family.

#52 jobear86

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous girl....was reading through her blog and she is adorable!!

Pray that she keeps getting stronger and fights that little bit more every day!!

wub.gif

#53 glitters

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Wow!! what a precious lil gem  wub.gif  Keep growing and getting stronger every minute gorgeous lil girl biggrin.gif

#54 ~Bill~

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

what a beautiful little girl. Hope she continues to grow and do well.

#55 ~*~mumzlilcookie~*~

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

little niamh is thriving very well..1200 grams that excellent..go little girl.you can do it wub.gif

#56 Lisa-82

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

I can't believe how well she is doing, that is fantastic.
I think this is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

Good on her, she sure is a little trooper original.giforiginal.giforiginal.gif

I pray that everything turns out great and hopefully she can come home sooner than expected.

She is beautiful...

#57 Bonniegirl

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

I can't believe how many people have read this and are reading Niamh's blog! Thankyou for all of your support, it is very much appreciated.

#58 daniroi

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Beautiful and strong name for a beautiful strong girl wub.gif  wub.gif

She is adorable
Congratulations on doing SO WELL

Go Niamh go.. keep growing strong and beautiful  wub.gif

#59 foxari

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hi Bonniegirl-
I just read your blog and the truly inspirational account of your beautiful little girl Niamh- my heart goes out to her and you and your family. She is certainly an amazing little girl. She also has an amazing mum, that certainly reflects from everything you write.

wishing you all the best- and praying for Niamh to be able to go home as quickly as possible.
hugs foxi xxxxx

#60 Bonniegirl

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

blush.gif

Thankyou!  wub.gif

#61 Ashtonsmum

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

wub.gif She is gorgeous!!!! ooohhh and she just has the cutest facial expressions too. I can't wait to give her a cuddle   wub.gif

#62 Guest_Jamiesmummy_*

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

wub.gif She is a princess. You did well, Congratulations on the birth of such a gorgeous little baby girl. hugs. wub.gif

#63 ~*~mumzlilcookie~*~

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

hello, little niamh is starting to put the weight on..she is nearly 1500 grams now..in now time youre both will be out for good (hospital )...

i actually hated being in hospital when charlotte was it there..

hospitals are good for visiting but no for staying..

take care
sue and charlotte

#64 stasiamum

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Dear Siobhan,

I read your blog and I just have to say that I'm so glad that Niamh is doing well and continuing to thrive. She's looking as though she's getting quite chubby and I loooove the double chin!!!!! wub.gif

Please don't feel as though you have to excuse your feelings or apologise for your rants. Your courage and strength are absolutely incredible, you are allowed to have your moments/days. I don't think I would be able to cope if I were in your situation. I can see where Niamh gets her fighting spirit from.

Stay strong little Niamh.
hugs to you all.
Stasia

#65 Bonniegirl

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

Thankyou for your kind comments once again! I guess a little vent now and again isnt too bad! I can see the other side of the hill now, so hopefully it will get better from now on. I got a bit overwhelmed with gratefulness today and hugged one of the doctors lol, she looked so embarrassed! I seem to have a knack this week of embarrassing people or p*ssing them off, take your pick! original.gif

#66 outofmymind

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

I keep checking on updates of Niamh... I'm so glad she's doing so well.  The photo's of Bailey with her are so cute  wub.gif

#67 ayben

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

You have beautiful children wub.gif May Niamh grow big and strong so they let her come home with you very soon hands.gif

#68 *~Jules~*

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

Wow..your story is absolutely amazing...what a beautiful beautiful daughter you have  wub.gif and what amazing strength you've shown..you are a fantastic mummy and should be so very very proud of your gorgeous family..thankyou for sharing..I hope little Niamh continues to blossom  original.gif

#69 sleepisfortheweak

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

I have also been following your blog and it's wonderful to see how well you are all doing, especially little Niamh.  original.gif  

Firstly I wanted to say congrats on the move to SCBU it's great isn't it, you're on the home stretch now. "dance:  I found it gave us a new energy and hope when we graduated, I does get hard in ICN after a while, even when they seem to be doing well.   hhugs.gif

Secondly I noticed you were thinking of an angelcare monitor for Niamh when she comes home.  I bought for my boys and it was fantastic.  Thankfully they never needed it but I did.  It became mummy's security blanket and I still use it for Noah just for piece of mind.  Well worth the money, and mone has gone through two bubs, (prems, used from 1st day home til around two and a half when they went into a big bed.) and I will be using it for the nest one aswell.  

Give yourselves a big pat on the back.  Your almost there!

#70 bbear

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

I have been reading your dady by day and i can't believe how well she is doing.

My how she has come so far.  I bet it was great when she was put into an open cot.  For us Jackson was finally ours and we could cuddle him when we want.  It is amazing how big he is now.

Good luck to you all and i hope that you are home soon.

i couldn't wait to get out of the nicu after 101 days.

Love Leah

#71 alr82

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

I just want to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for allowing us to view your blog.

Little Niamh is such an inspiration, I am so happy to hear she is doing so well. She now weighs 2kgs, wow, how amazing.

You are such a wonderful Mum, she is lucky to have great family around her, helping her to grow stronger every day.

God Bless you, Niamh wub.gif  xoxo

#72 little_green_frog

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

Your birth story really moved me and so great to hear little Niamh is going from strength to strength. original.gif

#73 Bonniegirl

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:14 PM

We are going home!! Niamh is 100 days on Friday! Thank you for all your support and well wishes, you are a wonderful bunch of mummies original.gif

#74 mikejuliet1

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

That is great news!!!  I hope the adjustment is very smooth for you all.  I bet it will be nice to enjoy family time in your own space finally!

biggrin.gif

#75 sleepisfortheweak

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

Congratulations on that four letter word. ddance.gif I'll bet it has a whole new meaning now doesn't it?  Enjoy your lives with those precious children, btw they get more adorable every time you post a pic. wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.