head is warm but no fever

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4mumnbub

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

bub is 7 months. his head is warm to touch but when i take his temperature he has no fever at all (36.5C). he seems diffirent than usual. when i got up this morning, he was starring at me for ages. he is not as active. he looks tired but he can still give me some smiles. does anyone know what it can be? thanks.

#2 tmndk

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

Hi 4mumnbub,

He might just be feeling a bit 'off'.  You know how you can feel a bit sick and not get a temp..same thing.

When my kids get temps, I not only feel their forehead, but also their chest, back, inbetween their shoulders and their hands and feet...

I would be giving water, and maybe a bath (they always make me feel better and fresher), and let him nap & give cuddles.

Keep an eye on him and if he does get a temp or if it hasn't changed by this afternoon say at 4, then I would be making an appointment for tomorrow or tonight if you can.

You can always cancel dr's appointments if he goes back to normal by the morning...

I hope he is fine.

Mechelle  original.gif

#3 MrsG

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hi There,

My DD was the same a few days ago. I said to my DH that her head felt hot. But she didn't have a temp.

She was fine in herself though, she had normal amount of energy and laughing/smiling.

A few days later a picked her up from her nap and she felt red hot. She was 38.3 degrees. She was still her happy little self though apart from a little cough.

Took her to Dr yesterday and she has a little adnoid (sp?) infection. So i am just keeping an eye on her.

I would take your DS to the Dr just to get checked over. Can't hurt can it???

Hope he perks up soon xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.