Lactation Cookies

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Phoenix Blue

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

the recipe requires flaxseed meal - I made a mistake and bought linseed meal.....do you think it will matter.

The first recipe (post #7) says Linseed meal. I've used this. I'm assuming that if you used linseed instead of flaxseed in the 2nd recipe, then it is probably fine.

#52 winkwink

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

My mistake, when I've written down the recipe I wrote flaxseed so I've actually made them right.  They really are addictive - I've already had 3

#53 ReneS

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

I used linseeds and they worked.

#54 ~*Debbie*~

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

These are so yummy and they never last long here.  My DH makes them for me which is great, he feels that this is his contribution to helping.  He is such a sweetie!!!  But I do believe they work..

#55 4forme

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

I'm positve linseed and flax are the same thing- might be called flax seed overseas?

#56 CheynKissy

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Linseed and flaxseed are the same thing according to the packet mine came in. I couldn't get plain flax so I got a combo of three and they still seem to work for me, and they are still yummo.

#57 Guest_BlueBessie_*

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

mmm.. these sound yum. Will be buying some stuff to make them tomorrow since DS2 is 5 and a bit months old and getting frustrated at the boob in the last week, Hope it does the trick. what if you took Fenugreek as well?? Would hate to end up with mastitis wacko.gif

#58 louie3

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

I made a big batch yesterday and froze half of the dough.

They are so yummy  original.gif Very easy to make!

#59 CheynKissy

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

My supply has been low since day dot, mainly in the evenings. Plus DD2 is a gutz

what if you took Fenugreek as well?? Would hate to end up with mastitis

I eat these, take fenugreek and blessed thistle. I express about 130ml-180ml from one side in the mornings for the last feed of the evening when I am at my lowest. I am prob going to drop the fenugreek though and see how I go because my milk increased more on the BT.

#60 lajenza

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

So is it the linseed/flaxseed and brewers yeast which boost supply? Could I just sprinkle linseed on my cereal?

Dh is going to make them for me  original.gif  don't really need an excuse to eat cookies  dev (6).gif Hope they aren't too addictive grin.gif

#61 Chockybits

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

Am I the only one that hasn't noticed any difference? Maybe
I'm not eating enough, I had 4 each day, surely that's enough? Maybe I'll try fenugreek.

#62 justcait2

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

Well I have just made my first batch of these cookies.  And FYI I am not usually a baker.

I used LSA instead of the Linseed.

OMG they are so yummy, now to try not to eat them all too quickly.

Will see tomorrow if they have worked.  Fingers crossed.

Annette

#63 EbnyRose

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:44 AM

I made my first ever batch of these last night i ate 3  ohmy.gif  and really noticed the difference when my little one woke for her feed this morning. I also used the LSA mix only because everywhere i went they were sold out of linseed meal.
DH didnt like them but the kids and i love them, I baked most of it but rolled some into logs and froze it to cook later im hoping they will turn out ok.

All in all im very happy with them biggrin.gif

#64 pinkpoppy

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

I just made my first batch - my dd just asked if she could eat another biscuit for my boobs  laughing2.gif ... they are delicious. The recipe must be quite flexible, as I didn't add ANY brown sugar (just seemed SO much sugar) and also accidentally added 4 eggs instead of 2 and they still came out crunchy and sweet and delicious. How many are you eating a day to notice a difference??
original.gif

#65 SqueakyPeanut

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

I've been searching for this thread.  I need to start expressing so I have a good supply for when I return to work.  Hopefully this time I will be able to express for a while before having to wean to formula.

#66 justcait2

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

Some questions for those that have said that they freeze the dough?

How do you store the frozen dough and how do you defrost it and how long does it take?

I seem to be making these everyweek and have also had to make a separate batch for my DH and DS as they can't have brown chocolate.  Thought it would save me time if I make an extra batch each time and just freeze!!!

TIA
Annette

#67 Sunny Day

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

What an excellent! I've just had my third baby and had never heard of lactation cookies before. I will be baking tomorrow! smile1.gif

#68 321Cas321

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

I too use the LSA mix and extra oats and less choc chips.. I froze batches in snaplock bags and then defrosted overnight in fridge, then remoulded with hands before baking.

They turned out really crunchy, my DS adores them, my Dad does too, DH won't try them scared he will get man boobs biggrin.gif

My DS2 who really should not have them yet loves them, just sucks away at them, so I will make a batch for my boys next time with less sugar and no choc chips and maybe some dried fruit in theirs.

As for me, when I can actually get my hands on them I think they do help, but I only seem to eat one every now and then.

BTW I think the batch goes a long way, but I need to make more!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.