April 03 Parents #82

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Bloomer

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Assume ycan ee the results of the party we had on Saturday.  The first school party is a big one, a lot of work and a loads of fun.  We had 40 kids 22 in the class and a few extras.  We had a shared party with a friend from her class the school is a small one so the older siblings who also attend the school knew the girls as well.

We had the party at a community centre which had a large adaptable play thing in the grounds it was amazing the 6 boys in the class all worked together to rearrange and make a new play thing.  Quite a building feat..

We had a ball but I was so tired after it all and am on cloud 9 now it is all over..  Hope the other April 03 birthdays are as much fun.

HAPPY birthdday Nathan!!

Edited by cathy40s, 07 April 2008 - 03:48 PM.

#27 Tealdash

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

Wow cathy, you throw awesome parties!!! Gosh that put Jessicas to shame!!!! tongue.gif  I adore the cake!!! wub.gif

#28 Bloomer

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

It just got out of hand and I have a friend who helped me do what my mind was telling me I wanted the cake like..  It is simple i can give hints if you like.. grin.gif  free of charge..

None of us have a yard big enough for the 22 kids in the class so we decided to hire the centre then we thought go for broke and invite a few more!!  first Kindy party is a big one, next time it is probably going to be small.  I hope!!

#29 Tealdash

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

Happy 5th Birthday Chloe for the 10th!!!!
(Helenas)

Happy 5th Birthday Pearl for the 10th!!!! (Kates)

Happy 5th Birthday Brianna for today!!!!  (Donnas)

Happy 5th Birthday Gabrielle for today!!!!! (Roseys)

Happy 5th Birthday Matthew for today!!!!   (Dorys, sorry hun I couldnt remember your new username blush.gif )

Happy 5th Birthday Breanna for today!!!! (Carolyns)

I hope you have all had a fun birthday!!!!

Love Nic and Jess

P.S I know that I have added some of the bubs that we havent heard from in a while...but thought I would in case thier mummies still pop in every now and again!!!  xxx

#30 canberragirl

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Happy fifth birthday to our April babies!

Your mummies are doing a fabulous job raising you and I'm sure you all love your parties too!

Ryan's party was to be 5 kids at a local playcentre. But... they only take party bookings for 10 kids. So I was just going to pay for the 6 kids admission and buy a few platters of sandwiches and chips. But we were writing invitations last night (the pack of 8 had nine!!!) and somehow ended up inviting 10 kids to OUR HOUSE. Argh! I let Ryan get away with too much. blush.gif  No idea about what sort of birthday cake we're making yet. Remember, last year's was declared inedible by the children! His birthday is on the long weekend so at least I will have a day beforehand to bake and clean like a maniac!

We are off to Melbourne tomorrow. Happy birthday to next week's babies too!

#31 Tealdash

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

Happy 5th Birthday Jacob!!!

Happy 5th Birthday Clara!!!!

I hope you both have an awesome day today!!!!!

Love Nic & Jess

#32 Bloomer

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

happy birthday Jacob and Clara. Hope everyone is or has enjoyed their frist School holidays.

We have our second dental emergency, about 18 months ago Grace fell and hit all 4 top front teeth I thought she would lose the lot..  But they remained..  Party was last weekend then wednesday was school photos thursday she complained of sore tooth.  I looked and there was a huge Abscess on her gum above one of the knocked teeth.  Urgently found a paedatric dentist on friday as ours was in Adelaide.  He said 2 teeth seemed to have healed themselves but the other 2 have damaged roots only one is infected..It needs to come out.  Thursday we need to return to have it removed after the antibiotics clean it up..  wish us luck apparently they will use the happy gas hope that is OK.. One thing she told me was that all the kids in her class had wobbled the tooth!!!  apparently a game she is so stoked she is going to lose a tooth and the tooth fairy come..  one of the girls in her class just said wobble the tooth for 10 days and then it will come out.  when it burst I am not sure she has had the guts to wobble any more..

will let you know how we go. Poor thing.

#33 Tealdash

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Awwwww *Big hugs* to Grace!!! I hope the trip to the dentist isnt too scray for her!!! Let us know how she goes!!!! Poor love!

#34 Princesinders

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Nic. She did have a very lovely day albeit stressful for me! I'm glad there is a whole year between parties! How's little Noah?

Cathy, I hope Grace gets well soon. Poor thing.  sad.gif

#35 Bloomer

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

Well the tooth is gone and Grace was so brave, she sat in the chair and the guy gave her gas then a needle and pulled out the tooth.. all up 15 mins.. bled a bit so had to wait until that calmed down then paid the fortune. The tooth was pretty bad but the tooth fairy is coming tonight.

And Dh will be home form a fortnight away in a couple of hours..  will post a photo later when I have the energy..

#36 ~Karlee~

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi all original.gif

Yes its me the rude one who hasnt been in for ages  blush.gif

Just thought I would pop in and say hi its been ages...

Matthew turned 5 last saturday ohmy.gif still cant beleive that he is 5 already!!!!

Will pop back in later today and catch up on everyone's news:)

Hope you are all well

#37 balah

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Edited by becca99, 29 May 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#38 Bloomer

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

Grace really enjoyed the visit from the tooth fairy and unfortunately I only had a shiney $2..  I told her it was a special one since it was her first and she had it done at the Dentist.. She tells me now there is another one that is wobbly so I am looking for an abscess. She will be going back in a few months.  Must find a photo of the missing tooth.

Had the first chat today about the not wanting to go to school.  She told me it was such hard work and she was too tired.  We talked about it and I told her she had to go to school it was not my choice.  She is so good she just accepted it.  When I pick her up in the afternoon she says she has a great day and it was fun.  Think it is just all the getting ready.  She looks so cute in her winter uniform.  A navy pinafore and blue shirt(but a tie!!)  The Tie comes down to her knees and she wears tights..  cute.

Hope there  have been some other great parties out there, we have a friends 5year old party this week.. it is so cold in Sydney and it was quite nice in April.

Becca the cakes look great.. isn't it wonderful how they love anything we do for them.  It is so sad that is going to change soon..  Already her teacher is the one she worships.  If Miss B thinks it is good that is great!!

#39 Tealdash

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!!!!

wub.gif  wub.gif

#40 balah

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Edited by becca99, 29 May 2008 - 04:18 PM.

#41 Bloomer

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

Yes He was home but Invited 5 collegues from work!!! so a little stressful.. I got a mix master so I had to make a pavlova for dinner, it worked out well.

It is great this is the first year Grace really understood mother's day.. luckily no breakfast in bed but they both made presents at school and day care and was really nice..

Hope everyone had a good mother's day.. at least now the house is reasonably tidy, just lots of washing to do now..

#42 canberragirl

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi girls

Could someone please PM me the link to the other site. I'm on a different computer and have lost my links. Ta.

Happy Mother's Day for yesterday everyone! Ryan gave me a school/hand-made "feemo" bead keychain.

I'll post an update on the other site when I find it... original.gif  All is well here, but OH MAN have I got one moody and cranky 5 year old!!! wacko.gif I do not understand where this came from.

#43 balah

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

Hi everyone,

#44 ~Karlee~

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

Hi girls original.gif

Well where do i start...

Umm well things have been a bit up and down here the last few months, David had a stroke 6 months ago which was one of the most terryfing moments of my life, things didnt look very good at the start sad.gif

He ended up spending 3 months in hospital before he came home, he pushed himself so much to get better to be able tocome home so quickly when in the beginning they estimated 8-12 months minimum before he would even stand up on his own. He is getting better every day so just thankful that he is alive.

Matthew is going alright, still cant believe he is 5, school is really good for him, he was excelling and now has hit a point where he is going a bit backwards but expected it so hopefully wont last long

Other than that we are all good original.gif Hope everyone is going great

Could someone please send me the details of the other site, we got a new computer and have lost everyhing

#45 canberragirl

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone!  wub.gif

OMG Karlee! huge hugs for you!!! How very scary, but wonderful that David is improving.

My first parent teacher interview is this afternoon. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Work is fine, busy as always. Home is fine, I spend my spare time digging out dead plants thanks to this never ending drought. BF is fine.  blush.gif  Schooling is going well for Ryan: more to follow after I talk through some issues at the meeting this afternoon. I still intend to change his school and get him to repeat Kindy next year as he's not socially or physically very mature, but keeping up academically.

#46 Princesinders

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi Girls.

Karlee, wow, you've been having a time of it! Sending positive vibes your way for David. Sounds like he is definitely a fighter.

Alice, hope the interview goes well. Your mother's day present sounded very sweet.

Cathy, roflmao at:
luckily no breakfast in bed

Bec, glad the pirate party went well.

We are all good here, just rolling along enjoying a fairly simple life, lol. If we got more sun I'd put in veggies galore and it would truly be The Good Life. I'm juggling two and a bit home based buinsesses at the moment and really enjoying them. One involves writing so I'm happy about that.

Clara is still liking school, no complaints touch wood, that she doesn't want to go, ever. She is very socially forthcoming, even assisting shy kids who have trouble joining in. She loves news time, standing up in front of the class and talking about her weekend etc, something I would dearly love to witness. But most of all, she just loves going so she can play with her friends, lol.

Hope everyone is well - Nic, where are you? How are you doing?

#47 Bloomer

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

Grace is enjoying school but has been labelled "the cute one"  She is one of the smallest and quietest(apparently not called shy anymore)  Once she is comfortable she is loud just takes her awhile..  I really hope she can get through it all as I sufferred from being shy as a child and scared of everything..  No one beleives me when I say that I am shy..  i just am not sure where my parents went wrong or what they could have done to make it better..

I am definitely what people would call a late bloomer!

#48 balah

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:14 PM

#49 Bloomer

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Alice how is life down there..  cold??  Dh called the other night (from your town) and tells me how would I feel to go down there!!  Ihave no clude about the place.. anyother capital city in the country I could cope with and of course I will cope with there IF IT HAPPENS...  Not sure they realise all the stress is actually worrying about it until it happens..  He is home tonight so I suppose we will talk more about it..

trying to take Grace to her swimming class tonight so we can come down next weekend...  Childfree day at school so will come down Friday morning for a couple of days..

#50 canberragirl

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Cathy! Canberra is the BEST capital city in Australia!!! Especially for raising children.

You have my number - if you want to catch up on the phone or while you are here this weekend please call me!!! original.gif

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.