Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

Gosh nobody has been in here since June!  blink.gif  laugh.gif

Just updating my sig. biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is well. original.gif

Sherrie.

#27 Michw

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

Hey girls,
It's been a long time since I have posted in here and wanted to first say waves.gif to all.
I have loved looking through your sigs to see what your little ones look like. They have all grown so much!!!

I just wanted to ask a quick question and thought you girls could help.  Being that our kids are May born, have any of you thought about which year to send them to school??? I am considering sending Em to school at 4.5 but thank goodness there is still a year to decide. What have you guys decided about this????

#28 sunshine_days

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hi all

Mich Hi... oooh the school one is hard. Here in Vic the cut off is in april so Nate will not be allowed to go to school till he is 4.5. He will attend 3yo kinder and that will start next year and then 4 yo kinder. So he will not feel left out.

His best mate is born in April and is at the cut off but my friend is keeping back so he will start the same time as the other kids in 2011.

Its hard as DD is born in Nov and she will start school in 2012, so they will be very very close in age which l am not too keen on but l can't keep her back b'c of that...

Nate is testing me a lot lately,very moody and testing.... ah the joys of having 3yos....

Where is everyone else....

#29 Silkweb

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hi Michelle,
I'll be waiting to see how Tom finishes pre-school next year and listen to what his teachers have to say.

I held my DD back a year (she is also a May baby) as the pre-school said she wasn't ready.  I wasn't sure at the time, but thought they would know best. wink.gif

However my other DS (Mar baby) I sent to school when he was 4.10yrs.

The pre-school said again, that I should wait a year. I thought he was ready for school & went with my gut feeling and I was right. original.gif

He loves school & is at the top of his class. original.gif

Good luck with the birth of your DS. Not long now. original.gif

waves.gif Hi Renee original.gif

Thomas is well. original.gif  His latest saying (if he doesn't want to do something) "it's boring!"  laughing2.gif

Sherrie.

Edited by Silkweb, 19 August 2008 - 07:29 PM.

#30 Michw

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hi girls,
Thanks for that. I know ther eis pleanty of time, but I have been wondering about it and wondered what you girls were thinking with your kids.

#31 heather82

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

Just wanted to pop in & say "HI!!!"

Haven't been on EB for awhile, but dosen't look like anyone posts much in here anymore....

Can't belive "our babies" are over 3, it has gone so quick!!!

It's great to see so many of you had another bubs, or have one on the way!!! I'm major "clucky", but it ain't going to happen!!

Michw, I have thought about school but haven't made any decisions as yet, Leith is a handful!!! And everyone you speak to has had mixed results in either sending them or holding them back, so really not sure???

Heather xoxoxo

#32 mygorgeousboys

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hi there!

I have been wondering about you girls lately!!! It's been ages since I've posted on here! (Or anyone else actually!!)

My little man (definiately no baby here!) hasn't been well. Still suffering terrible reflux and it's being investigated by surgeons who can't seem to find the start of the problem. They think that it might be Crohn's disease or something similar?! It's yuk!!!

Braythe is now 20 months and a complete psycho! He's a madman... always has to watched, because he's running around everywhere!!! lol!!!
'
I'm ridiculously clucky for another baby... a bit impossible when I'm single now original.gif One can wish original.gif

Anyways, gotta run...

Jill xo

#33 heather82

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hiya!!

I hadn't been on EB for ages but since I've been back I've noticed this thread doesn't get much traffic....
Where have all the May 05 mums gone????

Jill - have the dr's had any luck working out the reflux yet?? Bet it would make it easier if you had some answers...

Heatherxox

#34 sunshine_days

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi all

We have been on holidays in Queensland for 3 weeks. Just got back this week and slowly getting back in the jest of everything.

Where is everyone???

Amanda How are things with you and bubs.. Not long to go now.

Jill Hello.. Sorry to hear about the reflux... hope there are some answers soon.

Hi Heather

#35 Michw

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hey girls,
Just thought I would pop in to say that Matthew Charlie was born on 23rd Aug, a week early by Em c-section. Seems both my children were posteria and not very happy about it. ALl is going well and its nice to have a newborn around again. Am trying to enjoy it more than I did with Emma.

Hope all is well with you girls.

xx

#36 heather82

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

Hi all!!!

Michelle - Congrats on the safe arrival of Matthew

This really doesn't get anyone in here anymore does it!!! Where did everyone go..............

H xx

#37 adnama

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

congrats michelle on matthews arrival

hi renee

heather the may mummies have became quiet, i know i have become a lot quieter and proberly a few girls greatful for that  laughing2.gif

Being that our kids are May born, have any of you thought about which year to send them to school??? I am considering sending Em to school at 4.5 but thank goodness there is still a year to decide. What have you guys decided about this????

Kyle and I decided ages ago we would send Amelia the year she turns 6. I think she will be ready the year she turns 5 but thats just over 12mths away.
I think in the long run she will be better off waiting (and for us wink.gif)
We will send her to preschool next year after her birthday so she can do 6mths 1 day a week, and then the year after do 2 days a week before school. But lately she is really interested in numbers and letters she needs to know how old everyone is  rolleyes.gif so i'm thinking of putting her into preschool in January instead and still do the one day a week.

Not much happening here just waiting

#38 weekendsrule

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

Hey Amanda - I've been wondering how you've been wub.gif  Pity they broke up the months or we'd of been in the same due in group again lol...  

Congrats on the arrival of your little boy Michelle wub.gif

Hi to everyone else waves.gif

#39 adnama

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Kaise - We will still be in the same group once they merge.

since i didn't join Eb until millie was 6mths i missed the pregnancy journey with you girls  sad.gif

#40 weekendsrule

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

They merge?  Woo Hoo!!!  biggrin.gif

#41 adnama

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

yeah they merge them into monthly parent groups.  ph34r.gif

#42 Silkweb

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

OMG - nobody has been in here since October?!  oomg.gif

I sifted through so many pages, I thought our thread must have been deleted! biggrin.gif

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year.

Michelle - congrats on the birth of Matthew original.gif

My little Thomas is thriving original.gif and enjoying pre-school two days a week. biggrin.gif

My 3rd youngest, Madison, started Kindergarten and is having a blast! biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is well. original.gif

Sherrie.

P.S. Thinking of all you girls in Victoria at this time.  :hug:

#43 Tarshy77

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

waves.gif  all - but by the speed this thread has moved lately I think I'll be talking to myself roll2.gif

Anyway have just done my duty and bumped us off the 4th page oomg2.gif

Things going pretty well here.  Organising 4th birthday things for Matthew atm.  His birthday is Easter Tuesday, so we'll have a party on Monday morning.  

Daniel is 20 months and is VERY active like his brother.  Still has MAJOR allergies and cannot tollerate solid foods at all - but he's generally happy bub and that's what matters.

Must be about time someone has some exciting news in here... WAY too quiet.

Hope everyone is well

TASHxo

#44 mygorgeousboys

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

WOW!

waves.gif  I stumbled across this old thread and thought that I'd pop in to say Hi (echo echo echo echo ...! LOL)

Kayden has been a bit of a handful this past 6 months or so. He's been diagnosed with ODD and preliminary Aspergers (awaiting results on blood and chromosone checks!) So a lot of therapies etc about to start for us now! He's gorgeous and is so protective of me and Brother!

Braythe was 2 in December and is the funniest thing I've ever seen original.gif The boys adore each other and when not fighting  oomg2.gif  they're the best of friends!

Kayden wants to have a Ben 10 dress up birthday party, so I think that we're planning at the moment original.gif

Happy Birthday in advance to the big kids now! xo

Jill

#45 adnama

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

ph34r.gif

#46 adnama

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY to all our 'May' Babies

I hope the few that have had their birthdays have had a great day, and those that are coming up have a fun filled day

#47 sunshine_days

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

ph34r.gif

#48 joddic

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

Wow!  I haven't been in here for years.  I remember a couple of the names I've seen but obviously there's not much going on in here.

Campbell is going really well.  He will be starting preschool next year as the cut off in Canberra is 30 April.

i have another little boy, Tobey.  He was born Christmas day in 2007.  Wasn't real happy that he was late  wink.gif

So how is everyone going?  What are your kids up to?

#49 cynergy

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hi all!

Just letting you know I had a little girl on Jan 13th. She was 6 weeks early due to preeclampsia, only 3lb 9oz! but she's doing really well original.gif

Hope the rest of you ladies are fine! And our lovely babies of course.

Meri started kindy a couple of weeks ago and just loves it original.gif

#50 gilmop

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Congratulations Shannon! babygirl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.