June 06 Parents # 189

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#51 Xanadu25

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hi all,

Rose/Leah: you are addicts  laughing2.gif  It's fun though.

Havent done much today except go shopping with Jack and my mum. She spoils us so much. Helps being the only girl. wink.gif
I got a couple of nice tops for my bday. I bought Jack some bits and pieces for his (Cars clock, Cars rug, matchbox cars) some little things to wrap up for the day cos he already got his bike and helmet.
My mum also got a gorgeous pink butterfly rug for the the baby's room. I am also doing a butterfly theme. Rach, I saw those covers in Target - very nice. I only got the pillow thought as I already have a cot set. All I have to do now is clean out the spare room and start decorating.

KylieHB: that sounds like hard work. DH did are garden/lawns while we were out. Easier when Jack isnt under foot.
My brother/SIL also have a Delica, but they only have 2 kids so plenty of room.

Dinner: fried egg and ham rolls. Light and easy. The ham is so fresh. We went to a Yugoslav deli which has the best meats so I also stocked up for our BBQ next week.

Might go check out Facebook pool before Rose comes after me to take my shot  laughing2.gif

Susie

eta: Jack only had a 10min power nap in the car so no proper nap today. Just finished doing the dishes and noticed he was quiet. Fell asleep in his little chair in front of the telly at 6.15. Moved him straight to bed.
Ah, the peace and quiet.

Edited by SUSIE25, 19 April 2008 - 07:43 PM.

#52 CCLady

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

Kylie - I was just thinking, f**k all of those people with nothing nice to say. A better way to avoid any negative commetns is to say "I have fantastic news! We are pregnant with #5 and we couldn't be happier! While I do understand your concern and do value your opinion on certain things, if you don't have anything positive to say, then please keep it to yourself because we are really excited!" - would that work? I admit, I would be the first to tell someone they are mad, but it would always be after a big congratulations (and they would know I was kidding, not being nasty). Having a big family is nothing to be ashamed of, you should be able to shout your news from the roof tops! You have been waiting for a long long time, and this baby is very much planned and very much wanted...

Cass - hope the house sells for you quickly. Are you coming to Lara's this Friday?? Might be a good distraction from all the stresses right now mate!

Dinner - have so far had some Roasted Almond Chocolate and might have some celery and hommus to wash it down with. It is SO good, it's a low fat/low carb snack and it's so yummy! The hommus that is, not the choccy!!

Better go, Bronte is so ill. Chesty and high temp. It's going to be a long night. For everything else she only wants DH, when she is sick she only wants Mummy  wub.gif

Edited by Bec+3, 19 April 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#53 KylieB

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

Rose - Hardy har  laughing2.gif  mellow.gif I've had one scan and there was only one there. I say we are stopping at 4  biggrin.gif I'm getting too old to do it again  laughing2.gif Those girls can't have an uneven number so will have to go for 6. If I stop at 4 I'll be okay  wink.gif

Sooo...Dh had his interview for Sydney yesterday. He think he went really well, which is fantastic. There had been a stuff up with my application but I got a call today from a guy on the selection panel and had a chat to him. I may do my interview end of the week sometime if it is deemed I have the appropriate credentials  unsure.gif I did tell him I was pregnant yadda yadda but he says if I am deemed suitable, then the spot will be held for as long as I need as they are very understaffed there and not many people apply for it. So that is sounding good, yes?  huh.gif

Susie - Awww, falling asleep in front of the TV. My favourite thing to do.

Anyhoo, must away. Really should do a bit of surface cleaning as I have a friend and her 2 kids coming over in the morning. But would much rather sit in a chair or something  blush.gif

Toodle pop

#54 MRT

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

For tea we had home made pizza, well DH and I did, Zoe sobbed the whole way through tea because she didn't want her pizza and was so god damn ridiculously tired. She did the same thing as Jack today Susie, 5 minute power nap in the car on the way home from the shops. I ended up asking her during tea if she wanted to go to bed and she said yes! No arguments from me!

I'm the same as you Rach have a rather large basket of ironing waiting for me tonight. Only difference is I have nothing to watch on TV - except footy. Unless you count the new DVD I bought today - Toy story!

I had my hair done today. Just foils to cover my regrowth and a cut. I'm really happy with it though I had about 2 inches cut off it and it feels so much lighter. Will be a lot quicker to dry off too. And it only cost $56 for top section foils and a cut!

Ironing awaits..............

Edited by MRT, 19 April 2008 - 09:27 PM.

#55 4littlemonkeys

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

Well I just finished the ironing, the movie and put the dishwasher on.  The house is spotless, so will enjoy it until the kids wake up and destroy it again huh.gif. Am still wide awake but I should go to bed.. I might read a book for a little bit.

I am going to visit a friend for morning tea tomorrow who I went through recruit training with all those years ago! We shared a room and helped each other through.  She is posted where I will be working so I can't wait to work with her and to have lunch together! laughing2.gif  Its the little things that you enjoy I think after having kids - I can't wait to hvae 2 days a week where I can have an hours lunch and just catch up with her and not have to worry about someone yelling out "Mummmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".  Her eldest is 2 weeks older than the boys so the her and the boys always have a ball playing.  

Anyhow better go..

ETA - Emzy - I just sent you an email in response to your PM! wink.gif

Edited by ~*Rach*~, 19 April 2008 - 09:53 PM.

#56 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

ph34r.gif   ph34r.gif   ph34r.gif   ph34r.gif   ph34r.gif

Edited by ~lilmummy~, 19 April 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#57 Honeyblonde

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm  rant.gif
Have had a very interesting chat with some people, and lets just say I think I now have the FULL story, and may I just say that I hope all us wonderful JUNIES  wub.gif will stick together from now on with no interlopers who came in from *elsewhere*.
Will be ignoring a certain member from now on, cannot believe she is SO two-faced. I am so glad my instinct was correct in thinking something was just not right with what this person was telling me.

As for the rest of you, I love all you girls, and hope we can now move on.  wub.gif

#58 MRT

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I would like to add that I too have had an interesting conversation and agree with EVERYTHING HB has just said.

#59 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I think I now have the FULL story, and may I just say that I hope all us wonderful JUNIES  will stick together from now on with no interlopers who came in from *elsewhere*.

We love you too HB  wub.gif

#60 aunty*kristy

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:57 PM

ph34r.gif Shannon had BBQ and sweet chili pork ribs for dinner. Cooked to perfection for 3 hours  cool.gif

And while we are on the subject....

I too am not impressed at the backstabbing. One would think that if you were going to crash a group you would at least have the common decency to remain low key rather than message them on MSN telling them you arnt going to post in Junies anymore and they should do the same (so you can start your own little group)HELLO FRIGGEN CHILDISH!! GROW UP LITTLE GIRL!

Yes ok I will admit MotherClucker had a bit of a whinge to a couple of Junies in private about someone in here who offended her but wasnt aware that her  EMAILS were going to be passed on to the person she was having a whinge about. She has learnt her lesson.

Can I just say too that it is AMAZING what happens when you get everyone together. The stories and back stabbing flow like wine at a 70s swingers party.

#61 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Just  ph34r.gif  for a medal, as no doubt this thread will now be closed  wacko.gif

#62 MRT

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

#63 C.C.S.

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

blink.gif

wacko.gif
ohmy.gif

ph34r.gif

What are we all doing up at this hour??

7 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)
3 Members: **CharnChayse**, MotherClucker, Honeyblonde

#64 ~NatB~

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Me I am working....

HB you have mail go and read it!!!!!!!!!!

#65 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

Happy Sunday Junies laughing2.gif

#66 ~NatB~

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

Rose....GO TO BED!!!!!! laughing2.gif

#67 C.C.S.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Morning ladies.

What's everyones plans for Sunday? My sister is bringing her three boys around to play with Chayse. Should be fun.

Talk soon.
Chaz

#68 4littlemonkeys

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

I am about to get dressed and dress the kids and then we are going to visit a friend for morning tea. DH left at 6am, so I have been up since then.. original.gif  I can never sleep on when he leaves early in the morning..

Not much else happening.

#69 laraq75

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

Good morning girls,

I would like to say a few things while I am here.  

Firstly I want to thank all the Junies for their support through all this stuff.  I was sucked into a rather awful situation and spat out the other end.  I am sorry that I ever trusted this person and I won't be going back there.

I also want to say that I am not without fault in some of the things that have been going on and I would hope that the rest of you girls that don't fully not what is going on that you can forgive me.

I really thought that I had a great friend and continued to support her when she was having issues with other Junies continued to encourage her to come back but now it is over and I won't be going back there again.  Unfortunately sometimes the nicest people are the biggest backstabbers.

Anyway enough for me for now.  I am sure the thread will definitely be shut now.

Love you all

Lara

#70 jlydia

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

Hi Junies waves.gif

HB - my puking buddy. Big Pregnant CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!!!  Be it blue or pink your children are adorable and another special mini-HB is on the way original.gif. Only a fantastic thing!!!

Rose - read your email! I sent you one ages ago. ph34r.gif

As for the rest of it, I'm totally confused. ph34r.gif

An update on us:

The boys are 2 next month! Where did that go?! laughing2.gif They are both doing well. Big as ever, funny and cheeky and full of life and love. Not a day goes by when I don't thank the heavens for them being with us.

Jess is doing really well. New school to go with her new home and she settled in really well and her behaviour and results have improved. It has been bantered around (Not formal diagnoses but I won't go there) that she may have a high level of Asbergers. I don't care either way - she is my spirited girl and we love her!

DH is doing well. Still refusing medication but I've decided that I can't control that. We are working on 'telling' Jess in the next few weeks/months so maybe that will guilt him into it dev (6).gif. I've damn well tried everything else! Sadly, DH's mum passed away a few weeks ago but he is doing ok with it.

Me - where do I start? At the moment I feel like I have 1000 roles I'm supposed to fill and am sucking at most of them! Trying to find ways to ease the burden but I am studying secondary teaching this year so it's busy, busy, busy!
I also had to have dental surgery a short while ago following an absolute stuffup by my dentist. Yep, right in the middle of semester. Life is never dull! laughing2.gif

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get the wooden spoon dev (6).gif

ETA - sorry lara - was posting at the same time. I have no idea what's gone on but wanted to say - don't let someone else's actions stop you from doing anything or losing faith in friends original.gif.

#71 Xanadu25

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Morning all,

You lot were up late partying  tongue.gif
I went to bed at about 10 and just got up at 8.30, so feel relatively normal. DH took Jack to visit FIL so more peace and quiet.Might go have a long hot shower.

You arent all hanging out for a medal by any chance, are you ?  wink.gif

Welcome back to all the old timers too.

#72 ~moo~

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

congrats kykie HB

can someone kindly send me some of that baby dust it really seems to be floating around in here just blow it my way.

#73 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

waves.gif Maybe I will steal a medal whilst I am here.

Who broke facebook pool? blink.gif

#74 4littlebirds

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Rach grin.gif

Leah - we miss yoooooouu....... wub.gif

#75 nicolehurt

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

Here is another thread for you all.

I have no idea who has problems with who, what goes on behind the scenes etc.

If ANYONE has any issues I can help with, give me a hoy...

All I am asking is keep any problems off the boards. You seem to have all been through a lot together, seems a shame that it is turning out this way.

With so many personalities on the net, and most of your communication being in the written form, things are easily mis-construed and taken the wrong way.

As I said, I have no idea of the issues, am getting bits and pieces from you, but moving forward, and leaving 'issues' behind may be the way to go.

Ok... Bel wanders off now.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.