169 replies to this topic

#151 dudesmum

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hi all,

Name: Meredith 30yrs
DH: Michael 27yrs
DS: Sebastian 3months (12/06/2006)
Lives: Dunlop

Just joined up, a bit new to forums. For the moment I'm a SAHM, but go back to work part time at the end of May 07 as a Public Servant in Belco. Canberran born and bred, I'm a Southsider living on the Northside, but getting used to it slowlyjava script:emoticon(':tongue:', 'smid_15')
tongue.gif
Love to meet others in the area, maybe start a bit of a walking group or something similar? I could do with the exercise and motivation!!

#152 natkat

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:04 AM

Time to say hello!

I'm Natalie (33) DH is Tony (36) and DS is Aiden (3). I joined up after Aiden was born and have dropped in for information and advice many times but haven't introduced myself properly.

I work part-time and we live in McKellar. I hope to get to know you all better.

Cheers biggrin.gif

#153 becstar02

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:45 AM

Hi

I've been here for a while but haven't posted in this thread.

I'm Bec (23), partner to Simon and mum to Charlotte (13months) and Izaak (5).

We live in Karabar and I'm currently a SAHM but have got a uni application in to start my nursing degree next year. It's exciting but scary as well!

I'd definitely be interested in walking Meredith! I've got no idea where Dunlop is though??

Bec

#154 brazen

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:15 PM

welcome to you all! don't be afraid to jump in and post in any of the other threads! we love new eber's  :biggrin:

#155 chaney

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I thought I would get in early because my DH is in the defence force and being posted to Canberra in July 07. just wanted to get a feel for whats going on and maybe make some friends.

Me: Chantel (31)
DH: Sean (33)
Children: Alex (9 months)
A bit about me: Finished my studies (MBA) a few months before getting pregnant - so now Im a SAHM, although hoping to get back into work force in Canberra or else apply to do a phd at uni. Love anything paranormal, going on ghost and cemetery tours, history, horse riding, antiques.  Love my sunday mornings with morning tea and all the newspapers.

#156 tiarra

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hello i'm Sarah and i am 28. I live in Hawker and am pregnant with  my first.
I live with my cat Who is  a lovely substitute for a fella. I am not working right now but i'm debating going back to woolies for a few months. I love swimming and a bit of gym and baby shopping is lots of fun. looking forward to getting to know othere mum's and mum's to be. Sa

#157 wombles

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:57 AM

Hi I'm Alison, 34.  Our first daughter, Erin was born 2nd December.  Hubbie is Mark;  we live in Weston.  

We have been in CBR for 3 years, Melb for 5 before that and I came to Oz with Mark (Melb born & bred) in '98 from Scotland.  SAHM just now, and hoping to be able to do this for as long as possible with Erin;  and do some postgraduate study in Marketing Communications.  

Wanting to get back into Event Management eventually.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the EB CBR community.

#158 mard07

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm Martine, a long time lurker. I have 3 girls, aged 10, 5 and 4. We live on acreage in Bywong & have lived in the area for 4 years.
All my children are changing to preschool/school in the d*ckson area so I would love to get to know some Canberra based mums/families.
So finally I have 'outed' myself and will stop lurking and try to get up the courage to atend GTG's....

#159 Kath1978

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

Have just joined up to EB!

Me: Kath (28)
DH: Chris (31)
DS: Cameron - 3 and a half months (born 03/10/06)

I am currently a SAHM due to return to work in Jan 08 (if #2 isn't on the way!).  I was born and bred in Forbes and moved to Canberra 10 years ago to escape living in a small town!

Looking forward to hearing from the EB community a bit more in the future!!

#160 Sandles

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

My name is Sandy. We have one daughter who is 3 and I am now pregnant with our second, due 3rd August. We live in Weetangera and I plan to have bubs at Calvary Hospital again with Dr Hehir.

#161 bryandjac

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hello everyone.

I am new to EB, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Kirrily.  I have two children - Bryannah who is 2 and half and Jaccob who was born on the 5 January 07, so he is nearly 2 weeks old.

I live in Bonython.

I am currently on maternity leave and due back to work in June.  I am looking forward to meeting people and I was told about this website.  

Hope to chat to many of you and get to know you.

#162 Guest_TashaLilJem_*

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hello to all the new people in here, it is good to see you posting an introduction.

I hope that you all have a great time in the ACT board, and have fun posting original.gif

Feel free to just jump into any thread you want, and don't forget to make your own thread to say hi to everyone original.gif

#163 KSparkles

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

Been posting daft questions for a few weeks and thought I best introduce myself now I have found this...

Me - Karen 28 next week!
Dh - 28
dd - 20 months 6/6/05
#2 due july 21st

currently live in UK, but moving to Canberra on 11th April.

I currently work in IT, but am really hoping the move with allow me to be a SAHM for a couple of years and then I will go back to the working world.

Really excited about the move, but have too many things to do in the next 8 weeks and the reality of saying goodbye to a different friend and family member each week is getting tough.

So glad I have "met" you all, Canberra does not fell so unfamiliar now.

thanks for your warm welcome

#164 lovingmother

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

so i'm 24

bub is 15months old

i love chating with friend and going out for lunch with bub's and mum's and love spending time with my cute toddler hannah.

can't seem to put a photo of her in but heres one

Edited by lovingmother, 16 March 2007 - 10:30 PM.

#165 mjd1106

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

Hi I have been lurking around for a while now I am Jane from West Belconnen I have 2 girls Felicity aged 5 and Alysha 3 and have just returned to work part time this year.

#166 ~4's enough 4 me~

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hi

I am Peta and I'm 34 years old, my partner is 33. We have two boys ages 6 and 4. We are trying for No 3 but have had 3 m/c in the last 18 months.

I was born and bred in Canberra. I currently live in Banks. I work p/t in the public service.

I am only new to these forums and so far have found them very helpful. Look forward to chatting to you soon.

#167 rhianna

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

HI

Me - Rhianna (40yr)
DH - Geoff    (45yr)
DD - Princess Cassie (3yrs, 26-02-04)

We live in Queanbeyan ,

Cassie was my 13th pregnancy so yes she is a princess, 7 months ago she was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes  which means she's on 3-5 injections a day and 7-10 finger prick BGLS , keeps us busy.
I'm a mainly stay at home Mum, I did have a home business but since her diagnosis thats gone to back burner a bit, and I teach toddler swimming 2 mornings a week. We were going for 2 children but have decided to be happy with our Princess.
Hobbies , Pilate's ,  Use to be Dancing but no time currently *S*, and obviously ,I try to do a lot of fund raising for JDRF ( juvenile diabetes research fund)
We're a Pagan family and are just introducing Cassie to the wheel of the year.
I all ways love to chat

Thanks

Rhee

Edited by rhianna, 02 April 2007 - 05:04 PM.

#168 lovingmother

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

nice to meet you girls hope to see you at a meet some time soon.

#169 mumin07

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hi,
Me: Gaby,
DH and I are currently expecting our first baby (due late July).

Both DH and I are Canberra born and bred (we didn't meet until uni though) and we are both public servants.

#170 tiarra

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

happy easter to all!,
Its funny how people come on here and introduce themselves and that seems to be it!
How is every one going so far?
Shine- Welcome to canberra when you get here!! original.gif  Guess you'll handle the cold pretty well coming from the uk!
I am hoping to go to England next year with my little one.
My personal trainer just took her 6 month old over and really enjoyed the trip. She had the help of her husband though. Whereas when I go it will just be the 2 of us!
Getting very anxious about bubs arrival. Desperate for her to be here! Sometimes it doesn't feel real. I sit in her room and its weird thinking about how life is going to be.
Wish we would get some rain. Its been nice weather but I've been sick in bed for the last 6 days so rain would have been lovely! Have some horrible cold/flu virus. I don't remeber eva being sick so long before in my life. Hope to chat to you all soon and hear all the cute easter stories. Have a gr8 weekend Sarah grin.gif
P.s Hiya Gaby where are you having bubs? How are you feeling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.