155 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

New thread!

Link to previous thread

#2 Barky

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Woohoo!!

GOLD for me. My first ever!! How is everyone going?

#3 Puggle

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'll line up for Silver.

#4 Tinkerbelle

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

I'm up for Bronze! dev (6).gif

#5 sot

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

Sounds like I get (.)(.) prize.

Deanne - how does it feel to be at home - very nice I think - better get started on those curtains though, as you know the baby will turn up when you have lots of plans.

Kelly - only 4 kgs, hope your baby comes by itself

mummasgettie - how are you feeling?

Lara - congratulations on boy news. It will be interesting to see the stats from this group

Eileen - a catch up sounds good

Got back from my week in Townsville yesterday - I was so exhausted, it was great to be at home and sleep in my own comfortable bed!!  I was waking up with so many pains when I was away, I was getting very worried, considering I am only 17 weeks...  nearly half way

Okay better go, I know there are heaps of people I have missed, but hello to all, and hope everyone is going well.

Peta

#6 Puggle

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

I hope everyone else is tracking along nicely. I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday, and after that it won't be long until the Morphology scan original.gif.

#7 Barky

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

Morning all,

Anne- how exciting!! Its always nice to see bubs again.

Sot- I can imagine how tired you must be. There is no place like home. I think we get so many aches and pains in pregnancy that it is so hard to not stress.

I have booked in for my first trimester screening on the 10th June. This will be the first time I get to see what is in there making me sick. Hopefully everything is all fine and then we can start to relax and enjoy this pregnancy. The m/s is starting to ease slightly and some days I feel half normal. I can't wait until 12wks. Have a great day everyone.

Edited by Barky, 13 May 2008 - 07:31 AM.

#8 laraq75

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

Hi girls,

Our family are all sick with a cold at the moment.  I am braving it out at work today because I don't want to be home with my sick DH.

I have an appointment with my OB this afternoon.  Just a check up after the 20 week scan.

Nothing much else to report except I hate having a cold while pregnant.  It is already hard enough to breath with a snotty nose.

hugs

Lara

#9 MummaSgettie

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hello Mums and Bumps,

Just a quick post to let you know we had the NT scan today which went really well and.......

IT'S A BOY! biggrin.gif

BBL for a proper catch-up, just had to tell someone. blush.gif  tongue.gif

#10 Barky

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Congrats sgettie!!! Very exciting.

#11 Mel_Mac

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Hooray B original.gif  Boys Rock!

Just  ph34r.gif to see if there is any news on Kelly (Savy)?

#12 renee_nay

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

Congrats Sgettie! How exciting! I am even more desperate now to find out what I am having. Not long to go now!

#13 ~strawberry~

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

Congratulations on the blue news Sgettie!

Anyone heard from Emishka yet?

#14 Puggle

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Congrats Sgettie! You had your NT scan at Phillip, didn't you? The sonographer is obviously very good then, there's not many that are confident enough to tell you the gender at 12 weeks.

We got a shot of the legs and genital area at our NT scan (also at Phillip) and I thought it looked like another girl but also thought it would be too soon to differentiate between boy and girl, especially with my very limited experience with these things.

And how good is the 'no water required' policy at Phillip?

Anne wanders off, muttering "No Anne, you said you weren't finding out the gender this time, be strong, be strong".

Edited by Puggle, 13 May 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#15 MummaSgettie

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:12 PM

Thanks everyone, we are so over the moon. We definitely wouldn't have been disapointed with a girl but were really hoping for a boy IYKWIM.

Anne - I am actually 13wks+1day and gender predicition accuracy almost doubles between 12 and 13weeks. I actually did a lot of research into it and the sonographer was really shocked that both DH and I were able to pick it so clearly. At 12 weeks the only difference between as boy and a girl is that the genital nub on a girl lies straight (ie. In line with the spine), whereas a little boy nub will point upwards more.

I wonder how Em and Savvy are? Has anyone heard anything?

Anyway, kids are about to come home so I best be removing thy buttocks from thy chair. tongue.gif

#16 Savvy

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Just  to see if there is any news on Kelly (Savy)?

I wonder how Em and Savvy are? Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks for asking guys, feeling very special wub.gif I'm doing okay though I am thinking baby is playing tricks! Having heaps of period type cramps today and also some vomiting - so hopefully it's the start of something though I wouldn't be surprised if I went over wacko.gif

Sgettie - Congrats on your boy news - how lovely original.gif That's amazing that you could pick it up so early and clearly.

Lara - hope you and your family are feeling better soon. I had an awful cold/sinus thing last week and just starting to feel better this week. It's hard having a cold when pregnant sad.gif

Barky - glad the morning sickness is easing somewhat for you. Not too long until the 10th June and you can see your little one - will you find out the sex?

Better go, children have tipped the toy box all over the floor and now I have toys from one end to the other!!!

Hope everyone else is well original.gif

Kelly
DH Chris

#17 MummaSgettie

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Just thought I would post a pic. blush.gif  wub.gif

Edited by MummaSgettie, 13 May 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#18 wrappedup

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

sgettie - the nub seems to be parallel more than angled in that pic - did you get a better look at the angle in another shot to determine boy?

I don't want to find out the sex this time, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to do some 'research'  happy.gif

#19 darnie

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Hi All,

Well, what a hectic couple of days - I so want the world to stop so that I can get off!  laughing2.gif Oh well, not to worry...

Thought I'd try a quick go at personals. Has anyone heard from emishka yet?

Peta: Actually, my first 2 days at home have been exhausting! After a full-on first day yesterday, I then sat up until 2am this morning finishing off some work that I didn't get finished on my last day! I thought I would spend today cleaning and maybe some sleeping before my ob appointment this afternoon, but Erin had high temps which turned out to be a viral throat infection, so she was home today. But things should be slowing down now - I have a lunch tomorrow and some colleagues from Melb for dinner tomorrow night and then finally I should have time to focus on those damn curtains! I am getting stressed because I haven't accomplished anything yet, but DH is telling me that I am being a bit over-ambitious. He's the practical part of the relationship! laughing2.gif

Anne: Good luck for the ob  appointment! How exciting!

Eileen: I like the idea of catching up sometime. Glad to hear that the morning sickness is easing! (I am still vomiting sometimes at 34 weeks!) How exciting that you have the first trimester screening on 10 June. hands.gif it will all be fine!

laraq75: Sorry to hear that you have all been sick. It is a bummer being sick while you are pregnant! I hope the ob appointment went well.

mummasgettie: Congratulations on your boy news! babyboy.gif bbluestork.gif

Renee: Oh wow! I jsut saw your due date! Not far now!

purpleoj: Hope all is going well.

Savvy: Hi! Here's hoping things happen soon for you!

Hope everyone is doing well and that I haven't missed anyone!

I had an ultrasound yesterday, at 34 weeks. I got an awesome view of the face from above. Saw the little mouth moving, and looked right up it's nostrils! wub.gif Apparently the baby is doing ok. Saw the obstetrician today. I had to take Erin with me, since she was home sick and she was a perfect little angel - even though the ob was running an hour late! wub.gif It could have gone both ways - she fell asleep on the Gungahlin Drive extension and I had to wake her up when I got there! I was expecting things to get messy! Anyway, the ob was happy with everything. I am seeing him next Tuesday, and another ultrasound at 36 weeks. We're aiming for an induction at 38 weeks, but I am starting to get the feeling that it could probably happen any time!  ohmy.gif Better get on to those curtains! laughing2.gif

Well, I am off to bed. Take care everyone!

Cheers,
Deanne.

#20 MummaSgettie

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

puzzlepieces - there were quite a few shots of the nub pointing straight up, if you wanted to check out the rest of the pics and videos they are here.

darnie - you are the queen of personals LOL, I am so hopeless with keeping up with everyone. blush.gif  By the sounds of it you don't much longer to go, must be getting very exciting in your house. biggrin.gif

Edited by MummaSgettie, 14 May 2008 - 08:31 AM.

#21 Barky

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

Good afternoon ladies.

Sgettie- beautiful baby pics wub.gif . I can't wait to see my little one.

Darnie_ Congrats on seeing your little jellybean again. How exciting! Not long to go now.

puzzlepieces- we will be finding out the sex of this one whenever we can. I have no doubt it will be another boy for us but we don't mind. Boys are pretty special.

Kelly- doesn't sound too far away does it. I hope you meet your little one sooner than later and you have a quick pain free labour.

Me- still m/s but I have faith it will all end soon...it better or I will be a very cranky mumma. Still craving hash browns and rice bubbles. I hope this baby is getting enough nutrients as I have had no fruit or veg lately as I can't seem to make myself eat them. Anyway, I hope everyone is well. Looking forward to hearing some more baby news.

#22 Guest_TashaLilJem_*

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

I am so sorry to crash your thread (noooooo I am NOT pregnant).

It's just that your thread number is now #56 when the last one was #51, and it's irritating me every time I see it LOL It should be #52. Sorry I had to get that out!!

While I am in here, Congratulations to all that are pregnant, good luck and easy labour vibes for those who are about to have babies biggrin.gif

#23 Guest_dixiebelle_*

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Foiled again!! Last time I thought, Wow, Irene is PG, this time I thought, Is Tash really PG? Or just posting to ask about Emma, like Irene was!!!!

grin.gif

I must go stalk Emishka now, to see how she is...

#24 Barky

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

Picky picky Natasha lol...I didn't even notice.

#25 MummaSgettie

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

See Tash the joy of baby brain means that I would never have noticed. tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.