Non-Vaccinated Kids Discussion #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#101 daffodil27

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

It is frustrating about those WDYT threads how people are! I am very much a non-vaxer but always love seeing those discussions because I do learn alot from both sides!

I cant remember who mentioned about their GP Dr Peter Baratosy in SA but I have been emailing him as I am intrigued and amazed to hear of a GP so wholistically orientated as I have only ever got contempt from GP's.

Annnnnyyywaaayyyyy.... he recomended this site www.acnem.org which is organisation of which he is a member and if you go to the referals section it list other practicioners (GPS, dentist etc etc) who have a more holistic approach. Of course they may not have the same views but at least they will be more open! Direct link to referals here!

#102 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm well here we go again - a thread dedicated to homeopathy in WDYT  rolleyes.gif  Fun  grin.gif

#103 Taurean

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

The homeopath my 12 mth goes too is $40 for a consultation ,first one was $100 I don't take my other children as yet as I can't afford this homeopath for all of them As was originally for the immunisations.  They see a natarulpath who I am not sure if he does the homeopath stuff. I am in Perth so if anyone knows of a good /reasonably priced around here let me know.  original.gif

I love this thread too as its not judgemental as WDYT and I have doubted sometimes if I am doing the right thing to not vaccinate or delay and have put these feelings on here without being attacked so far its great.

#104 precious1

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Oh Daffodil - I will be following up that link to the holistically oriented doctors.
I have been looking for something like that cclap.gif Thanks!

I have moved area from my holistic doctor and miss her terribly. I need to find another that is in line with my homeopath, chiro, naturopathic way of life.

So hard when you have a little one will one day possibly need a diagnosis only type of approach to ailments and the doctor wants to medicate with prescription drugs. We avoid doctors and luckily we have had no need for them YET! But there will be a time I may need some diagnostic advice to treat holistically. Most doctors only want to prescribe medicate and don't look outside that realm.

KM - I love the homeopathic approach. If I was looking for a career (and believe me I am past that!) but it would be as a homeopath or chiro. It excites and intrigues me too and I love to learn from it. I have an awesome 'first aid' kit full of pillules that has my homeo's email and phone backup. I wish more could experience the amazing affects of this style.

Anyway - enough from me... blush.gif  I started to read that vacc thread and got upset by it all. I suppose I have this 'want to change the world for the good' type gene in me and have a hard time when people are ignorant to some simple things that are really obvious and good for them. That and their grandstanding approach  rant.gif

Most my friends don't understand my ways at all and try to convert me and strangely enough I never really try to convert them  blush.gif Maybe at first - but then when I realised it would never happen I gave up however they still still nag me to change MY views. How ironic!  wacko.gif

I am glad there are still some of us out there. Pity none are on the Sunshine Coast  blush.gif Would love to meet some like-minded mummies it would be a breath a fresh air  grin.gif

#105 precious1

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

I just have to add I have found myself (who seems to be at this stage) a perfect doctor from that link  biggrin.gif Have made an appointment for Thursday to meet my son & I. I am so thrilled to have been able to chat to her and have her be in agreeance to my line of thinking. Now I can happily write a doctors name down for my son's family day care from. YAY!

Thanks so much for that link...

#106 daffodil27

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

oh cool precious - great news! I just knew it would be a great resource for someone else too!

#107 funkymumkey56

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Hi all, how's it going. This morning I'm going to see another doctor re CO form. I'm feeling a little nervous so I've come back online to refresh my memory on the research I've done. It was good to catch up on this forum.

I've decided I'm not continuing with the schedule at all and I'm going to reevaluate after he turns 2. In the meantime I'll continue to research and see a homeopath.

Good Health to you all
Nina

#108 funkymumkey56

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

OK, I'm back from GP. She signed my CO form, yipee!! original.gif
Her main come back was that my baby could die from chicken pox but couldn't tell me the percentage that that may occur.
At worst I know that pro vaccine sources say 1 in 100 cases of chicken pox lead to death but fail to explain why these cases occured. This article explains:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...hicken-pox.aspx
I also found this interesting:
"While the CDC estimates the (chicken pox) vaccine to be 86 percent effective in children, a 2001 CDC study showed that that effectiveness might actually be as low as 40 percent. At Maryland's Takoma Park Elementary School(America), where children are required to be vaccinated or had had chicken pox to enter reportedly, 12 of the 16 cases of a recent chickenpox outbreak involved children who had already been vaccinated."

Apparently chicken pox in adults (very rare) can be serious and accounts for nearly half of all deaths reported.

My GP also told me that childcare centres and even state schools are refusing enrollment if your child is not immunised - rubbish!

She seemed to know less than me about Vaccines so I'm not surprised she signed the form. Nevertheless It wasn't easy and  she couldn't get me out of her office fast enough. I don't care, it's signed now-one less thing to worry about.
Great to have your support.
Nina biggrin.gif

Edited by funkymumkey56, 29 July 2008 - 12:02 PM.

#109 PetraMojo

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

Make a copy of your CO form before you hand it in...they often mysteriously get 'lost'.

#110 acemummy

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hi everyone,

What is the CO form?
Last time I took DD to the DR she said, her immunisation was overdue, (screen was flashing) I said she wouldn't be having anything while she has a runny nose. She told me not to worry about the runny nose. unbelievable, I thought that was very basic - not to go near vaccines with a cold or runny nose.  The nose has been going on for a few months now, just won't clear up. I was going to get the six month vaccines, and definatly not the MMR, but have doubts over most of them.  I did ask if I didn't vacinate do I need to get something signed and was told no.

Before I feel pregnant I did a lot of research into MMR as I had no immunity to Rubella. I decided not to get the MMR, but just the RUbella.  THough I was told by Doctor it was not possible/not available.  I found out the name of the drug from the chemist and had the dr write a prescription for it.

#111 JJ

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

She told me not to worry about the runny nose. unbelievable, I thought that was very basic - not to go near vaccines with a cold or runny nose.

You'd think so, wouldn't you. According to a vax book I just read ("The Truth about Vaccines" by Dr Richard Halvorsen - anyone know it?), they used to be a lot more careful with that, but now they'll even vaccinate children with a fever, even at the risk of doing damage. mad.gif

Edited by JJ, 29 July 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#112 Chelli

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I have started a new thread for this discussion

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=573774

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.