Non-Vaccinated Kids Discussion #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#26 =Araminta=

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for the links Tauren however both articles are by Issac Golden, I guess finding information from a more unbiased source is hard to come by.

#27 emgosper

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Just checking in,

Thanks for the links on Homeopathy vaccine, its something I've wanted to find out more about it, how it works, what it is.  So far my 15 month DS has been building up his immune system the old fashion way playing in the dirt and lots of boob.  

Saffi- If you ever see your Dr again be sure to mention that in the recent wooping cough out break in South Australia 87% of the children who contracted wooping cough had been fully vaccinated for it.  

tlnoble- omg what an unprofessional doctor!  That comment is so thoughtless that it makes me laugh.  Why is that he/she thinks that making an educated informed choice is not a good thing.

#28 hogant

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

I am new to this site and have a five month old baby who as yet is not vaccinated as I have some concerns about traditional vaccinations and have been looking into homeopathic options.  Can anyone recommend a homeopath in Brisbane? Also out of interest what were some people's main concerns about traditional vaccinations?  Feel like all the information is biassed one way or another on this topic!!  sad.gif

#29 teabags

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

emgosper -
the recent wooping cough out break in South Australia 87% of the children who contracted wooping cough had been fully vaccinated for it.
Oh I would have loved to have this little snippet handy! What's your source (just to add credibility if I'm asked)

#30 Taurean

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

Also out of interest what were some people's main concerns about traditional vaccinations? Feel like all the information is biassed one way or another on this topic!!
  For me realising so many chemicals in there injected into the tiny babies I previously did this way until I researched what is in there! Also the pharma companies only do the trials on very healthy kids who were not premature babies

Edited by Taurean, 19 May 2008 - 06:10 PM.

#31 daffodil27

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

Also out of interest what were some people's main concerns about traditional vaccinations?

The lack of long term testing of vaccinations!
The assumtion that one vaccination fits all, and they clearly dont hence reactions.
Toxins and preservitives in the vaccine.
The schedule (hep B for babies?????????)
The con job by the health system to 'sell' us vaccines without warnings or balanced info (has anyone gone for vaccinations and been seriously warned of possible side effects or adverse reactions????)
That the whole production is fuels by pharma companies and $$$$$$

thats just my top 6!!! grin.gif

#32 teabags

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

Ditto daffodil27

#33 Taurean

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines/im...suppression.htm

Immune depressing

#34 bambino3

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

I'm a bit nervous about asking a GP to sign the CO form, we dont really have a regular GP that we go to, any advice? I guess they can refuse to sign it. I guess as I am still researching all my options I feel I wont  be able to have good enough reasons not to although I don't see why I need to justify it to them as its my decision. I have my son booked in for his first few hours at occasional care and I noticed the spot on the form for immunisation. My DS had his up to 6 mo, I was too scared to ask if they would accept him having not had his 12 month ones. I feel like a big fat chicken Hopefully it is all good, otherwise I wont' leave him there until I have this CO form signed.

#35 Mum2NE1

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

I don't think it matters if its your regular GP or not, when I got my CO form signed it was a locum(sp?) as the usual Dr was on holidays.
I don't think they can legally refuse to sign it, can they?
IMO the best thing you can do is appear confident.
Good luck I hope it all goes well for you original.gif

#36 BonnieKing

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

This isn't actually a question on vaccinations as such, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the Vitamin K for newborns? I have heard that newborns have very little vitamin K and so does colostrum/breast milk, so why are we giving it to them?

I am just preparing myself for when this little one is born.  wub.gif

#37 blissfulqueenb

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

We didn't do vitamin K with either of our girls.

My reasoning is fairly basic - if Breastmilk is the PERFECT food for a newborn, wouldn't it contain Vitamin K if it were necessary?  There is a physiological reason why newborns don't have large amounts of Vit K in their little bodies. I'm not messing with that.  original.gif

Edited to add:

When researching Vitamin K before DD#1 was born, and asking for additional info,  I was annoyed when I was given the small one-page leaflet outlining all the "pros" of giving Vitamin K, but it referenced no study or gave any possible
"cons". I then asked further, and received a booklet with much more information regarding Vitamin K (through my midwife) which was more balanced and had a lot of information on possible cancer-connections etc.

Edited by blissfulqueenb, 21 May 2008 - 04:25 PM.

#38 daffodil27

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

tlnoble -  from off the top of my head its for brain heamoragging! I planned to consider it if my kids had rough births where they were bruised etc. I have a whole lot of info on it which I will post so this is just off to the top of my head. There is links between Vit K and childhood lukeamia and for most babies it overlaods the system and can affect the liver and may play a part in extreme jaundist.

Both my kids didnt have it!

#39 BonnieKing

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the information guys!

I too have received that little one page sheet on Vit K but cannot honestly remember what it said.

I am very nervous about what the reactions will be at the hospital when I go into have bubs and say no to hep B and vit K.

#40 naturalgoodness

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

tlnoble - you may be surprised at the hospital as it seems more and more people are making informed decisions and making their choices clear.

When we had Callum it was awful, but when we had Eloise we were asked in advance and our decisions were noted without comment or facial expression, the only person we had an issue with was the peadiatrician (sp?) that tried the scare tactic of "the things that I have seen in emergency that could be avoided through immunisation" he carried on for a long time, so much that I got really annoyed and told him that I respect his opinion and medical expertise, and that he needed to respect my opinion and education and sign the release for us to go home. He did  tongue.gif

Good Luck

#41 daffodil27

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

just been having a big conversation about all this with my MIL and SIL (who are visiting ATM) SIL is a Chiroparctor but also a mother and my MIL was not vaccinated and neither are my SIL and DH!

Anyway, we decided that the most important thing was CERTAINTY! No one messes with you if you are certain about your decision!

#42 PuntersWife

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

Just wanted to keep up with this forum.
My nearly three year old has not had his MMR, my 6 month old has not had anything (only Vitamin K in hospital - I gave in to pressure), and I don't intend to.  He is the healthiest looking baby, he should be a poster boy for non-immunisation!  
I haven't even taken him to the early childhood centre yet, I hate getting the lecture about immunisation.
Harry's preschool has not even brought up immunisation let alone asked for CO forms (I have them).  I think the truth will eventually come out about immunisation and people will be horrified at what we used to do to our babies.

#43 bzzzbee

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hello all, my DS#1 is fully vaccinated (if I knew then what I know now......) and DS#2 has had everything before the 6 month shots - we were advised to delay all future vaccinations (advised 'off the record' by a GP and paediatrician) and of course advised not to have any by a number of alternative practitioners.

The whole topic makes me feel sick, I feel as though I damned if I do/don't.  Whooping cough worries me the most, especially as we're heading into Winter.  I am still breastfeeding and my child (11 months) doesn't yet go to daycare. He is not exposed to large groups of children (eg indoor plat centres etc), how at risk is he?

DS#2 is very healthy (has had no colds/ear infections to date), has a balanced diet etc, is taking a probiotic and has had a hair analysis taken to address any mineral ect deficiencies.

FYI My DS#1 is on the Autism Spectrum (no family history), I don't think this was a direct cause but I just can't take the risk with DS#2  sad.gif

#44 Taurean

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

The whole topic makes me feel sick, I feel as though I damned if I do/don't. Whooping cough worries me the most, especially as we're heading into Winter. I am still breastfeeding and my child (11 months) doesn't yet go to daycare. He is not exposed to large groups of children (eg indoor plat centres etc), how at risk is he?

I would not worry  you are doing the right things you are breastfeeding is the number one which I regret not doing. I have just read that 40% of people vaccinated against this get this and some gps don't even know it.I remember going to gps with my other two children when they were  sick and they say oh if anytime at all that have a funny sound at the end of their cough bring them back straight away Hey they were immunised. The more I research now the more confident I am with my decision

Edited by Taurean, 24 May 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#45 ally-rose

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

Bzzzbee - I can totally sympathise, I worry about DS getting nasty illnesses too.

However, I have just finished reading the couple of chapters in 'Just a little prick' on whooping cough and now feel less concerned. Apparently the vaccine is pretty inefficient anyway (vaccinated children are getting it, often undiagnosed) and the disease hardly ever causes serious complications, especially if the child is healthy and breastfed - contrary to the image that the medical profession likes to portray of it being a high risk, deadly disease.

Edited by ally-rose, 24 May 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#46 bzzzbee

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks Ally, one day I'm feeling confident in the advice I have received (and my own research) to not immunise/or delay...and the next it's shattered by a MACH nurse. I have to stop reading the immuisation debates that go on in the What do you think forum, reading stories about family members dying, nurses writing their experiences of very ill children etc  sad.gif

I always said I'd give DS his 6 month shots at 12 months - and as that date approaches I've become hesitant.

#47 JJ

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

bzzzbee - I sympathise - it's one of the many reasons why I stopped seeing the MCHN nurses after my first child turned 3 months old.

To be honest, I've also started lying. If my children see a doctor for something minor that is in no way related to vaccination, or just tag along to an appointment with me, and I get the old "is he/she up to date with her vaccs?", I just say yes and then that's the end of that discussion. biggrin.gif

#48 emgosper

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

I've just been looking at some of the articles on
www.visainfo.org.au
There articles are really good thought I might share the link.  
There is a good article on on homeopathy vaccination and one called The beneficial nature of childhood infection, which is a good one for parents like myself who go don't trust vaccination but don't want my baby to get one of those serious illnesses either.  Both articles can be found on home page.
http://www.visainfo.org.au/pages/03_Health...Health_Home.htm

Saffi- That info about wooping cough came from AVN reason number 6 in the 10 reasons why Australian parents choose not to vaccinate, there is a reference down the bottom where you could find where they got the source
http://avn.org.au/library/index.php/vaccin...accination.html

tlnoble- vit K, my midwife told me it wasn't advisable to vaccinate with vit k and advised me to introduce kelp into my diet towards the end of my pregnancy and then continued on for the first week or so which would have gone into my milk.  Kelp is a type seaweed, we just put in our soup,  I'm pretty sure we got it from the health food shop.

#49 teabags

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:08 PM

Great, thanks em - I'll go and have a look.  Got a pead appt tomorrow & I know vaccinations will come up, so will be good to have more amo!

#50 funkymumkey56

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

original.gif Hi

I would like to join the group. My DS is 5 months old next week. I refused Vitamin K and Hep B at birth. I got suckered into 2 & 4 month immunisations as per schedule as I hadn't read enough to inform me otherwise.
I'm reluctantly going to get Abs his 6 month doses as they will complete the ones he's started, but I do not intend to immunise at 12 or 18 months or get the MMR at 4 yrs.
I've done some research and I'm seeing a Homeopath on Friday regarding alternative immunisation but to be honest your stories have made me wary of those too.

If I had my time again I wouldn't do 2, 4 and 6 months again, that's if I can find a viable alternative for future babies.

I agree that there will be a review of immunisation in times to come and parents will wonder what the hell they were thinking.

By the way, where do you get a CO form from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.