50 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

New Thread Time original.gif

Link to Last Thread

#2 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hi everyone

I hope I managed to message everyone - unfrotunately Sam had her PM's turned off so could whomever sees Sam let her know about the new thread, and ask her really nicely to come and re-join the group.

Wanted to post a quick one and just say that I really hope we can get this PG moving again.

Also, Robyn, how are you feeling? You must be very close to your EDD now. Good Luck!

One more thing ... the birthday list - if you ahev any updates, please let me know

Kids Birthday List
Adam 4/01/2004 (Jenny)
Ronin 4/01/2008 (Marcelle)
Eva 26/02/2003 (Miranda)
Elisabeth 27/02/2003 (Kristine)
Alexander 8/03/2004 (Jayne)
Alexandra (Poppy) 10/03/2004 (Liz)
James 22/03/2005 (Colleen)
James 22/03/2006 (Jenny)
Malcolm 5/05/2006 (Arienne)
Xander 30/05/2003 (Karen)
Alexander 31/05/2001 (Jenny)
Emma 3/06/2001 (Sam)
Savannah 5/06/2001 (Marcelle)
Harrison 6/06/2001 (Michelle)
Bethany 9/06/2001 (Miranda)
Alexander 13/06/2001 (Kristine)
Joshua 16/06/2001 (Jayne)
Tyler 16/06/2001 (Robyn)
Georgia 16/06/2001 (Kate)
Thomas 16/06/2006 (Michelle)
Daniel 18/06/2001 (Fiona)
Tara 19/06/2001 (Karen)
Luke 20/06/2001 (Colleen)
Cameron 21/06/2001 (Jo)
Joshua 21/06/2001 (Jo)
Zachary 21/06/2001 (Sophia)
William 24/06/2001 (Arienne)
Lewis 25/06/2001 (Liz)
Cooper 3/07/2004 (Robyn)
Thomas 14/07/2005 (Kate)
Samuel 16/07/07 (Sophia)
Madison 26/07/2004 (Marcelle)
Joseph 12/08/2003 (Michelle)
Megan 08/1999 (Sophia)
Charlie 16/10/2006 (Liz)
Jessica 25/10/2005 (Kristine)
Ethan 11/2004 (Sophia)
Matthew 3/11/2004 (Sam)
Emily 19/11/2002 (Fiona)

Bubba's Due
Robyn's #3 - EDD June 2008 - its a GIRL!

Mums Birthday List
Sophia 22/03
Sam 3/03
Jenny 13/04
Robyn 30/05
Michelle 5/06
Colleen 14/06
Karen 22/09
Kristine 23/10
Jayne 29/10
Jo 5/11
Marcelle 25/12

Still need ...
Fiona ??
Kate ??
Arienne ??
Miranda ??
Liz ??

Edited by ~Tokaloshi~, 27 May 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#3 mumoftwins

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

What a great idea!! Thanks for the PM. It has been forever since I stuck my head in here  blush.gif

I am around the place - but I rarely get out of the scrapping threads  happy.gif

Our household is bust busy busy  rolleyes.gif We only have the ratbag Boys, Cam and Josh. The very thought of anymore after twins sent me into panic mode up until very recently and now it is just too late.

The Boys are in year 1 this year and slowly plodding along. They love school - but struggle with the work. They were in the same class last year, but we split them up this year. Josh is much happier this way - although is still not doing very well. Cam hated being away from his brother (no one ot boss around  rolleyes.gif ) but is doing much better!

As for me - I have a new job. I am now the Head Teacher of Science, so much more work and I am loving it! We are also owner building a new house (since Nov 2006  rolleyes.gif ) and I am over it!!! We have been painting since the beginning of the school hols and just don't seem to get anywhere!!! Oh well - we will hopefully be in in 8 -10 weeks  biggrin.gif

ANyway enough of a ramble from me - I will take my head cold and head for a snooze on the lounge  sad.gif

#4 robynb

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the kick up the bum Colleen! Great to hear from you Jo!

I have popped in here once or twice over the last few weeks but it never seems very active. I'm active in the Due in June 2008 group now, and was active in Due in June 2004, but always come back to the June 2001 PG (my favourite).

I have 11 days left until my due date and I feel like I'll make it to then. Geting pretty excited though as I finished maternity leave last week and have received my birth pool etc (I'm having a homebirth hopefully).

Tyler and Cooper are both very well. Tyler has been invited (selectively) to his first interschool chess tournament this week. He is fantastic at maths and chess (and literacy), in the top 3 of his class for all of them. I think I mentioned before that he is also the class Student Councillor for the year as well... so he is going REALLY well at school.
We are having a special "Mum and Tyler" day tomorrow - he gets the day off school, Cooper goes to preschool and we weill prob see a movie or go to the zoo or something. Just the 2 of us, before Miss E. (bubby) comes along.

How is everyone else?

Edited by robynb, 25 May 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#5 karenmc

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

I don't post much on EB at all these days, but I couldn't turn down Colleen, now could I?  grin.gif

Tara is in Year 2 this year, and doing very well. Xander's in preschool 2 days a week (ACT govt preschool) and loving it - he wants to go FIVE days a week. I've somehow ended up as assistant secretary/newsletter editor on the preschool parents' committee, Vice President of the school P&C (sounds more impressive than it is!), and preschool rep on the School Board. And in my spare time I run my own graphic design business from home  tongue.gif

Both kids are going to swimming lessons this year, and Tara has joined Guides, which she's really enjoying. She did her Guide promise a week & a half ago, so I've sewn on her badges to her sash and she is SO proud.

I ran away to visit a friend in Perth a few weeks ago - first time I've ever spent a night away from the kids, and I managed to book my week over the Mothers' Day weekend. My timing sucked, but we all survived and I'm certainly the better for having some time *off*.

I'll try to get in here more often, but may need reminding!

#6 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Yay - so nice to 'see' you all ... ahem Michelle huni .... I see you  ph34r.gif  down there  wink.gif

Ok I promised myself in bed by 9pm, and I'm already 3 minutes over, so this will have to be a quick one as I have a long 2 days ahead of me.

Luke is in year 1 this year, and loving school as much as the next kid, not overly excited about it all, but also not 'over' it iykwim. We're still working really hard with him at home with extra work etc to help him keep up basically, which is showing huge improvements in his school work - he even came home with another certificate today which really motivates him to work harder.

He has been going to Joeys (scouts) now since the beginning of the year, in fact with a few friends we managed to convince to join as well  wink.gif which is great, he and Ant are really enjoying 'their time' away from James and I, as am I and James  tongue.gif

So much happening otherwise in our lives. We've finally come to the 'no more babies' decision, which I'm glad about tbh - so currently I'm listing like a mad woman on ebay trying to make some $$ back from all the 1000's I'd spent  blush.gif

I'm also running a home based daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - I'm looking after two 1 year old twin girls and another 3 year old little boy - suffice ot say its chaotic here on those 2 days.

We're finally settling back into a decent routine here back at home after our trip to South Africa - which was awesome, but we definitly won't be doing that for many, many years to come again. I know I'll be seeing my parents within the next 12 months and thats all that counts really.

If any of you are on Facebook, I've got loads of photos from our trip up there (Colleen Morris Keevy)

Jo - good luck with the rest of the building - I hope it all moves along quickly for you guys. Glad to hear you are enjoying work.

Marcelle and I were just discussing this topic today - the amount of new houses being built in our area is scary  wacko.gif

Robyn - I'm so glad things are going so well for you - you sound positively delighted with life. I hope evrything works out exactly the way you want it to go with the labour and birth - can't wait for smooshy newborn pics to cluck over.

Luke seems to be craving my attention lately. Just this afternoon walking past a coffee shop he asked if we could have "Mummy Luke time' on the weekend and if we could please go to this coffee shop for hot chocolate and cake and we can pretend we're on a date  wub.gif all very cute now but there are moments I tell you ..... MOMENTS!!  dev (6).gif

Karen - wonderful 'seeing' you around -  I noticed you weren't posting as much, but I knew my pouting would get you to pop in  grin.gif You sound like one very busy woman. I would give my left boob for time away from the family right now - just 1 weekend is all I ask LOL

Anyhow, I'm now 12 minutes past my bedtime and I really should get going.

Hope you are all well and I will DEFINITLY be popping in here more often to post and see how everyone else is going.

My love to all
Col

#7 CazgeM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

HIya all fellow mums to almost 7 yr olds!

Thanks for the kick up the butt Col, I haven't been on EB much at all lately, and haven't been in here for ages.

Nothing much going on here, just the usual chaos, same old, same old.

Don't think many of you really 'know' me at all, since I have only really posted in here sporadically, and seemingly after your chattiness died off.

Anyway my June 01 kidlet is Zachary. He is currently doing yr one at the local Special School. He has PDD, so struggles with a few things, and truly tests my patience every day, but he is a loving, cheeky and pretty darn cute kidlet, so I think I'll keep him.
Also have Megan who is almost 9, Ethan who is 3.5 and Sam who is 10 mths old.

*Note to Col* Samuel - 16th July '07 wink.gif
and my b'day is 22nd March

Col Oh how awesome getting over to SA to see every one!! Will have to go check out your pics. You certainly sound very busy atm. Am glad you have finally come to a decision re: the babies which you seem happy with. Can imagine the soul searching that went into that xoxo

HIya Karen original.gif Another busyy little bee I see! Your time out sounds wonderful - what more could a mummy ask for mothers day, than a day off tongue.gif

Hiya Robyn original.gif Sounds like Tyler is going great guns! Best of luck with the impending birth - hope you have just the experience you are looking forward to original.gif

Jo Sounds like you need a holiday after all that building and painting!! Hope it all winds up quicker than expected and you are soon relaxing in the comfort of your brand new home! Congrats on the new job too! Hope you feel better soon original.gif

Anyway that is the longest I have spent on Eb in a long, long time, so must skedaddle before I get hooked again unsure.gif

Hope to chat soon - or perhaps Col should just set me a PM alert every fortnight tongue.gif

Take care xoxo

Question for next time - What are your plans for the b'day peeps?

C yas!

Edited by CazgeM, 26 May 2008 - 09:50 PM.

#8 eamber

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

Excellent.

Great to hear

#9 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

^^^ clearly 'someone' is trying to rack up post count  wacko.gif

Soph - nice ot 'see' you too huni.
Shall edit the birthday list right now.

Righto, I have a house full of kids - chat soon
Col

Edited by ~Tokaloshi~, 27 May 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#10 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quick pop in from me to pass along some belated birthday wishes - I'm so sorry I didn't come in on the day and wish, its honestly just been a week from hell for me.

And so ....

Happy Belated birthday to:

Karen's Xander for last week Frriday (you share your bday with my DH) -  I hope you had a wonderful 5th Birthday over the weekend.

and also to Jenny's Big boy Alexander who turned 7 on Saturday - Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend and got spoilt rotten.

And finally for tomorrow to Sam's big girl Emma who turns 7 tomorrow, I hope you have a special day tomorrow.

Shall pop back in after Wednesday for more of a catch up - have a great week everyone.

wub.gif Col

#11 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

oh my goodness, totally forgot to pop in here lastnight and wish Savannah a Happy 7th Birthday for yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful day sweetheart.

Happy 7th Birthday to Harrison for today - Hope you have a great day today little man.

geez this Sydney weather is yucky ... I really don't like winter sad.gif

Will pop in soon
Col

What are your plans for the b'day peeps?

no plans for anything for Luke's birthday - he's had 2 big parties for his 5th and 6th birthdays. We'll probably just go see amovie or something on the weekend as something special.

#12 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

Happy 7th Birthday to Miss Bethany for today - hope you have a great day sweetheart.

Miranda if you still read / are around - Hope you and yours are all well.

wub.gif Col

#13 robynb

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Just popping in to say Hi. I'm still sitting here waiting for this baby to come.... getting quite depressed really. I dont think she'll ever be here.

#14 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

oh my goodness Robyn - I was just thinking about you today and came in to post and ask if anyone had heard from you.

Hope Miss E comes soon - best of luck!!

#15 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hapy 7th Birthday to the big man Alexander - Hope you've had a wonderful day!

#16 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

Happy 7th Birthday to Miss Georgia !!

Happy 7th Birthday to Master Tyler !!

and of course ....

A happy 2nd Birthday to young master Thomas !!

#17 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

A belated Happy Birthday to Daniel for yesterday - Hope you had a great day big man.

Happy Birthday to miss Tara for today - hope you had a super special birthday and got lots of presents.

and in case I don't get in here tomorrow,

Happy 7th Birthday to my big man Luke. I can't believe you're getting so big, I'm loving every minute watching you grow up into such a beautiful soul.

#18 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

A happy belated birthday to the big boys Cameron and Joshua on their 7th birthday on Saturday - I hope you boys had an awesome day filled with loads of fun, presents and CAKE!!

Also belated 7th Birthday wishes to the big man Zach for Saturday as well - I hope you too had a wonderful day!!

Happy 7th Birthday to Master William for tomorrow.

and also

Happy 7th Birthday to Lewis for Wednesday.

Hope you both have magical birthdays.

#19 mumoftwins

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

Thank you so much for thinking of my Boys - I really appreciate it  wub.gif

Happy Birthday to the rest of our June friends original.gif I hope to be able to catch up a bit more often in the school hols - god knows I will need them!!

#20 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

I just realised that I'd forgotten to ask about Robyn, so did a bit of snooping.  I'd like to congratulate Robyn on the birth of her little pink bundle  wub.gif

born at home into water ater a 65 minute labour on the 15th June, just 3 hours before her eldest brothers 7th birthday. She weighed 4.63 kg and was 55.5cm long.

Wow, what a big girl she was Robyn - well done!!  wub.gif

Now PLEASE can we have a smooshy newborn piccie to cluck over ??? Pretty please  grin.gif

holy hell I just realised miss E was a whole 1kg exactly bigger than both my boys @ birth - woooah!! (3.63 and 3.62kg's respectively here)

Edited by ~Tokaloshi~, 25 June 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#21 MaryMooCow

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

Wow congratulations Robyn!!!!

#22 taylahsmumy

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

hi everyone im soo new here n itz all so complicated!! lol im a 20yr old single mum to a 9mth baby gurl taylah and am new 2 brisbane. i was wondering if any of u guys meet up or no of any mothers groups i would to make friends here in brisbane.its not as easy as going out n making friends when you have a baby but would love to meet up with other mums for a coffee and playtime and a gossip happy.gif please get back to me thanks

#23 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

Welcome to EB

You might want to try a few of the following forums:

Introduce yourself Forum
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?showforum=28

Monthly Parents Groups - age appropriate for your Daughter
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?showforum=160

Queensland Buddy groups - find yoru area
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=23

Young Mums Forum
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60

One Parent Families
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=90

That should give you a good start - once you're more familiar with the forums, try venturing out into the bigger areas where there are a lot more topics being discussed, not only parenting.

Good Luck
Colleen

#24 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

A quick one for tomorrow in case I don't get a chance on EB...

Happy 4th birthday to Big Boy Cooper - I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

#25 Cuckoo-choochoo

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Sorry, have had a hectic 3 weeks.

Happy belated birthday to:

Big Boy Thomas on his 3rd birthday on the 14th

Master Samuel on his big 1st Birthday on the 16th

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.