How much do you pay for a FULL day of c/care

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 pumpkin-pie

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

my 3 yo is at a Montessori centre, full fee is $54.50 a day.

my 17 month old is at a not for profit centre it is $48 a day full fee.

I am in Brisbane. I am thinking both of these centres are really cheap after reading these posts!

#27 Julie3Girls

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Current centre
$60 a day
Open 7am-6pm, includes nappies, breakfast before 8am, morning tea, hot lunch, afternoon tea.
Entitled to 4 weeks holiday rates (half price)- pro-rata'd so if you use 3 days a week, entitled to 12 days.

Previous centre
$74 a day, plus year equipment levy of $80.
Prices drop by a couple of $ when you got up an age group.
Open 7am-6pm, includes lunch and afternoon tea, had to bring along fruit for morning tea, and our own nappies. No holiday rates.

Both centres in the Newcastle area.

#28 Chocolate Addict

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

$59 a day at a not for profit (non ABC) centre. This includes all meals/snacks and nappies (they supply cloth ones) and everything else. They have a no outside food policy, in that no one is to bring food from home due to allergies etc...

I am in Melbourne western suburbs.They do not charge for public holidays and are closed for 2 weeks over christmas and don't charge.

#29 nirea

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

Full fees- $55/day.
Includes Everything- breakfast, morning tea, hot lunch, afternoon tea & a snack if picking up late.
Hours are 7.30 - 5.30 (10 hours)
Community centre that charges everyday your booked regardless if you go or if it is a holiday.

#30 *Tess*

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

$64.30 per day at a Montessori centre in Brisbane.

Includes absolutely everything - all food, nappies and incursions/ visiting performers, class photos etc

Edited to add it is open 12 hours a day.

Edited by *Tess*, 06 June 2008 - 08:28 AM.

#31 babygirl03

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

$66 per day + $90 a year equipment levy for a community based centre in inner eastern suburb Adelaide.

Includes everything and no outside food due to allergies. So, has in-house cook serving breakfast, morning tea, hot lunch, baked afternoon tea, late snacks.

Operating hours 7am - 6.30pm.

#32 TwoBubbas

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Wow!  This is alot of money we're talking about here.  I currently am lucky enough to have a job which is 4-8pm, so my partner looks after bubs when he comes home from work and I go.  I've been thinking about whether I will go back to my old job after my maternity leave, and about putting Ellie in childcare for a few days.  

What I'm wondering is whether these prices are what you pay before or after getting some rebate from the government?

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not currently very well informed regarding the childcare rebates etc. I'll be doing some reading up on it, but would love to know if these are before/after the government payment..

#33 jobear86

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Mine is the price before the CCB, I only end up paying around $19 a day after CCB is taken off.

I would think alot of these prices are before CCB is taken into account original.gif

#34 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

I'm the same as the PP. My cost is around $17 with the CCB taken off (our income is not very high at all) and they are given all their meals there too. I'm sucking it all up while my income is so low - might have to rethink if I had to pay full prices though!!

#35 trickortreat

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

My sons is $51 per day open 7am-6pm I supply his lunch etc.  

I pay for public holidays, but will not have to pay for the Christmas break.  I'm in Brissie outer suburbs

#36 *Moi*

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

The current, privately owned CCC my girls attend is $80 per day 0-2 year room, and $70 per day 2yrs +. This includes all meals. I have to provide nappies though. I pay $900 per fortnight and the girls attend 3 days a week. So much $$!

I will be enrolling them into a community-owned centre next year though, where the fees are $64 per day, and includes morning/afternoon tea and nappies.

#37 fliss9

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

We pay $66.50 per day (11 hours) at an ABC centre in Parramatta. They supply all food & nappies. We only have to supply formula.

#38 2Bubs4Us

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

We pay $21 for 8 hours. we supply the food and nappies. Ours is FDC.

I would like to know the places that provide the nappies, what nappies do they use?

#39 xfitpolemum

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

We pay $56/day, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea & nappies are included.  She's in the Juniors room, 15month to 2.5yrs, I think it is.

I only have to supply a bottle (for DD to go to sleep) and a going home nappy each day.

We are around the Caboolture area in SE Qld.

#40 heidistar

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hello,

The centre i work at & take DD to in Western area of Sydney charges:

$69 per/day for 0-2yrs
$61 per/day for 2-3yrs
$57 per/day for 3-5yrs

We provide all meals, parents provide nappies... We also ask the parents to bring a piece of fruit each day to share for M/T.

#41 TracyHardy

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

mel*havingabub  That price is our before rebate cost,

#42 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

My centre's full day rate - 7am to 6pm including all meals/nappies is $56 for the 2-3 yr room.

#43 JRA

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Have childcare rates gone down. These are so low compared to even when I was looking 5 years ago.,

#44 raysofsunshine

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

We are go to a private centre in Brisbane (inner south).  They provide all nappies and food which is preapred on site.  

Our daily rate for the babies room is $67 per day.

We are currently transitioning to the toddler room which is $62 per day.

These rates are pre CCB - we are on the min and it works out at approx $5 per day.  We will lose this in the new finanical year but bring on the 50% rebate.   biggrin.gif

I find it hard to believe that we pay just over $300 per week....  more than our friends pay to send their kids to private high school.

Leesa

#45 *maddierose*

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

$55 per day in the 0-2 room (before ccb, although after is not much cheaper as we are only entitled to minimum) all meals provided, nappies are not.

#46 ***butterfly***

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

Ours is $59.25 per day.  Includes all meals and disposable nappies.  Although they still allowed us to use cloth on my DS.  Not for profit organisation.

#47 MrsHUGS

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

We are in Qld and we pay $59.00 per day and that includes nappies ( if required ) and all meals/snacks...

We might be lucky to get $3.00 back and soon we wont get anything...

#48 Tash&NicMum

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

If my DD gets into the childcare centre I am hands.gif she gets into it is $64 a day. She can be there from 7am until 6pm. It includes breakfast, lunch and morning tea, nappies and once for children over 1 formula too. It's a family run centre. They only take 5 babies (DD will be 11 months old when she starts) so I am hoping DD will be one of the 5 next year.

#49 country~mum

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hi there
DS attends a not-for-profit community run centre.
The fees are increasing as of 1st July...
Babies 0-2 years - $70 for a full day
Toddlers 2-3 years - $67 full day (10 hours), $45 half day.
Big Kids 3-4 years - $64 full day.
This includes all meals and morning/afternoon tea, but doesn't include any formula or nappies.
This doesn't take into consideration the CCB, I am not sure what it is as we don't get it. It is great that the CCB will increase to 50% for the people who really need the help, esp as fees just keep going up so much...fees at our centre have gone up $9 per day in the last two years  mad.gif
Country~Mum

#50 mamaknits

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

We pay $79 a day for the 0-2 room. All food provided and milk as well, but not formula. It's a fantastic not-for-profit centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.