Stephenie Meyer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
242 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_reginam_*

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

The first three were much better than the fourth.

Agree. I found the 4th to be quite rushed.

Overall I enjoyed The Host a lot more than the Twilight Series.

#27 mumfirst

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

I just finished reading them and I loved them wub.gif...they are my next fave series after Harry Potter!!!

I'm about 14 pages into the Host. I was so disappointed to be finished the books and when I saw 'the end' on the last page of Breaking Dawn I knew it was over. Sigh. Oh well...I've heard the host is good so I'll give that a go now.

I didn't realise there was a book midnight sun (or half of it) so I'll definitely try my hand at reading that too.

#28 bec777

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

OMG!!

I have found some more insane people like me i also cant believe how badly ive fallen for a fictional charactor I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!

i cannot put them down either i borrowed the first off my sister who is 17 by the way didnt think i would like it and sat up reading until 3am!! so i could finish it drove straight over the next day to borrow the rest off her im now part way through the 3rd book.
I just dont want them to end but the movie comes out next month so will be hanging for that ive watched the trailers more times than i would like to admit!! i think i need to find a hobby to take my mind off it!!

Bec

#29 -Emissary-

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!

laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif

I think we all wish for a Edward Cullen. I definitely wouldn't hesitate at the thought of a Ferrari..  tongue.gif

I finished all 4 books in 4 days. I just finished Midnight Sun. I find it more interesting than Twilight. Midnight Sun involves more of the characters than Twilight did.

I really do hope Ms. Meyer finishes MS. Would it be too far fetched to wish she'll do the whole series from Edward's perspective? ph34r.gif  I'll love to know what he was up to and thinking during New Moon. grin.gif

#30 *amanda*

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

hmmm i bought the book twilight on a zillion and one recommendations but found it really hard to read - yes a pp said 'awkwardly written' and that sums it up for me. Am about 1/4 of the way through and put it down as i couldn't read/stand it anymore.

I went back to finishing the cross stitch series of Diana Gabaldon (re-reading it again). Give me Jamie Fraser anyday  tongue.gif

Edited by *amanda*, 12 November 2008 - 08:16 PM.

#31 goldilachs

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Amanda,

Please give them another go original.gif  I was exactly the same as you, read a bit of Twilight but found it really awkward, didn't seem to flow well etc, and I pretty much discarded it.  I was at netball with my daughter one morning and had the book in my bag and an hour to spare with nothing else to fill it.  By 3/4 way in I was hooked and the joy was I knew there were 3 sequels.  They really are great - I promise original.gif

#32 *amanda*

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

Thanks Sam.

I will give it another go - just finishing reading 'a breath of snow and ashes' (last book of Jamie and Claire) and then i will try again.

It just seems strangely written after reading such beautiful work from Diana Gabaldon.

#33 ~kerry~

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

I just finished Twilight, it took me 3 days, lol. I'm buying the next one today...deciding whether I should buy the next 3 while I'm there wink.gif dev (6).gif

#34 La-La Land

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Kerry if i were you I would buy the three whilst I was in the shop!!!
It took me under 24 hours to read all 4 books! I am slightly obsessed and want an Edward Cullen cry1.gif  wub.gif  cry1.gif  wub.gif  cry1.gif  wub.gif
Have booked ticket to see movie wub.gif

#35 ~kerry~

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

I've read the 1st two books now, and I saw a preview of the 5th book. I think I'm obsessed, lol
When I heard that Robert Pattison was playing Edward I wasn't too sure, but since seeing the preview OMG! wub.gif
Me and my sister are going to see it at the movies...she's just as obsessed as I am, lol

#36 kittennic

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

I love the Twilight series too original.gif Particularly the 1st and 4th books. My Mum actually introduced me to the books. I also have read the 12 chapters of Midnight Sun that Stephenie Meyer released on her website, and am dying for her to decide she'll write the rest. I'm so disappointed that someone let her down in that way.

I'm going to see the movie with Mum next week original.gif

#37 ~cat~

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

Another fan of this series ph34r.gif  

Amanda, please please keep reading Twilight!!  Although it's not as good as Crossstitch wink.gif  it is still a very good read

I've just finished reading all the books in the last week and cannot wait to see the movie..I'm still not convinced they've got the characters quite right though..I don't think you could find anyone who was just right to play Edward Cullen wub.gif

#38 Ellipses

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Can I ask... are all the books like the first? Or does the plot get more depth to it in subsequent books? Not sure if I'm going to get them or not yet.

I read the first last night, I thought for the $12 Borders had it for I should finally see what all the fuss was about lol. After reading it, I think I prefer my vampire novels a little darker than can be aimed at teenagers.  dev (6).gif

#39 -Muse-

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

I think the 4th book is much better than any of the others. I just finished reading it and it actually had me surprised by the twists at the end - and usually I figure them out before they happen!

Really recommend it, love it heaps! original.gif Though I would have enjoyed it more aimed at an adult audience, I didn't realise it was a teen story when I first picked it up (just grabbed it off the shelf at the airport to read on a plane.. lol)

#40 fangbanger

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

I'm on team Edward   *cough* lol  ph34r.gif

I've read all four books, I read New Moon in one sitting as I couldn't put it down until Bella and Edward were back together again.....lol...stupid dog  tongue.gif

I was one of those people that almost gave up on Twilight because the first few chapters were just SO badly written, but it gets better I promise.  Hang in there Amanda!

Now to await the movie release!!!!

#41 La-La Land

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

pinkunicorn: Im with you all the way on Team Edward wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif          laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif

#42 WizzFizz

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

Another fan who has just devoured all 4 books in about 10 days. Couldn't put them down & kinda glad to have finished reading them so I can have my life back - they are all consuming aren't they ??!

Have to say I am more of a team Jacob kinda girl. Edward is just a bit too perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing the Twilight movie !

#43 La-La Land

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

Im going to see the movie on Sunday, will be first time Ive been to the cinemas since ds was 8 months huh.gif
He is now over 2 ohmy.gif

#44 fangbanger

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

I can't wait for the movie, I reckon I'll probably go by myself as I don't know any other twilighters... not that I mind, I love seeing films by myself  grin.gif

#45 Honey~Baby

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

Nearly finished no 3 and loving them. DD has just finished Twilight which is the first big novel she has read. She has now started on no 2. We cant wait till the movie comes out. I am hoping to get to it before this baby arrives. We both have a huge crush on Edward and the guy who plays him looks perfect wub.gif

#46 ~kerry~

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

I just finished #4  cry1.gif What do I do now? lol
Fantastic series *sigh* I loved every minute
I have my book club book to read, then I might start reading Twilight again, lol

#47 fangbanger

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

Anyone see the movie today? Is it true to the book?

#48 *amanda*

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

ok i finished book one.

Still not overly caught up in the hype of it all - definately not 'the best book ever read' for me mainly because i dont like her writing style.

I did go and buy the second one in the series though (just cause that's the type of person i am  blush.gif i like to have a whole series of books on my book shelf  blush.gif )

#49 Guest_~sonique~_*

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Anyone see the movie today? Is it true to the book?
I'm going tomorrow night ddance.gif will let you know then  wink.gif

#50 fangbanger

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

*gush swoon sigh* wub.gif the movie wub.gif Robert Pattinson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.