Where were you when your waters broke?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 trudy8

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

I am just about to have my second child and i am alittle worried about where i will be when and if my waters break. They broke whilst in bed without any warning last time. Is it likely to be the same this time (waters breaking without any warning)? sad.gif

I would love to hear your stories.

#2 Guest_miss-clo_*

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

First time was just like your with out warning. Second time i was in hospital being induced. So i was safe

#3 Tealdash

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

First time in the hospital! smile1.gif

Second time in bed a week early!  tongue.gif

#4 hopexpt3

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

First time it was a slow trickle at home over a couple of hours.
Second time she came out in the amniotic sac, so not until then happy.gif

#5 jacaxelach

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

baby 1 hospital
twins  hospital
angel hospital
baby 5  home
baby 6hospital
baby 7 in the car 20 minutes from hospital contractions 1 minute apart   baby arrived 1 and half hour after getting there
make sure plastic on car seat and on mattress  god bless Wendy

#6 SavvynOlliesMum

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

i was laying on the bed resting before going to be induced two hours later.

#7 ~BoysRus~

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Yes they usually break without any warning

With #1 they broke as i got up off the lounge
#2 by doctor
#3 by doctor
#4 at home in bed
#5 at home in bed
#6 planned c/s

neen

#8 **MrsMummy**

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

With my first I was induced so they broke while I was in hospital ..
With number 2 I was at my grandparents place and I coughed, I thought I'd wet myself but when I stood up it kept coming. I had no spare clothes to put on so ended up with my grandmothers undies, one of her incontience pads and pair of her trousers on to get to hospital HAHAHAHAHA.

#9 La-La Land

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

Ds as he was an Em C/sect they were suctioned away
Dd they broke whilst I was leaning over the bed in the hospital
DD was first and actual labour didnt even have a contraction with Ds due to an eclamptic seizure

#10 custardtart

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

With DD2 they broke in the underground carpark of the local shopping centre as I got out of the car! Fortunately, I had decided to get my Mum to drive me to the shops as I was feeling a little tired.

#11 anon60

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

DS1 in hospital (induction)
DS2 in hospital at 7cms dilated (3hours before he arrived)
DS3 in hospital at about 7 or 8cms (2 hours before he was born)
DD1 - started a slow "leak" Monday morning (3wks 4days before due date), they "broke" properly about half an hour before she was delivered the next night (Tuesday).

Edited by anon60, 26 August 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#12 atua

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

twins - bag 1 broken at start of induction, bag 2 broken just before she was born (dr birth)

dd3 - born in the caul, broke after she was born (m/w birth)

both births occured in the same hospital - one was drs, one was m/w - the m/w were very much happy to let things go as they were, as was the m/w attending my twin birth (it was the dr call to help 'speed things up' even though they argued for 15mins before breaking the second bag - go figure)

#13 Alina0210

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

DS - i was just about to it down on the computer chair... 6 days over due.

DD - In the birth pool... 22mins before DD was born, after being in labour for 4 hours.

Edited by Alina0210, 27 August 2008 - 01:33 AM.

#14 Our LovelyLiv

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:17 AM

With DD my waters broke as I was sitting on our bed giving DP a massage before he left for work (he had a shoulder injury). Lucky it was only a small trickle to begin with and I was wearing a really thick towelling robe, so the bed was spared lol.

#15 Divine 37

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

1st time when i was induced
2nd time when i was on the computer

#16 Aggyme

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

With DS my waters broke as i was pushing him out.

With DD they broke on the hospital bed as i was waiting to be taken to the delivery ward.  I have to say i was shocked when it happened, wasn't sure what was going on laughing2.gif all of a sudden there was just a big gush and i was getting very wet and i couldn't do anything to stop it.  laughing2.gif

#17 catmeow82

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

on the loo... without warning. just thought i was going to pee and bam!

#18 mummytotwoplus1

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

#1 at home in bed
#2 no idea unsure.gif  certainly wasn't a gush, nurse asked when they had broken, I wasn't able to tell her
#3 in hospital, sitting on the toilet. Lucky I have never heard such an explosion  laughing2.gif  baby arrived 2mins later, I did manage to get off the toilet mellow.gif

#19 *~sam~*

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

At home, felt some sort of movement and went to the toilet.  As soon as the pants came down my waters broke!  Very convenient  laughing2.gif

#20 Learningtosayno7

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

DS1 little trickle in bed slowly leaked until he was delivered 17 hours later
DD1 Induced waters broken start to finish labour 2 hours
DS2&DD2 Twins In bed felt a little bit wet thank god I got up off the bed big gush on toilet floor followed by further big gush while in car minutes from hospital lucky I had the plastic on the car seat with towel on top. Bubs born 2 hours after first gush

#21 mandalee-73

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

DD#1- on the toilet, dreamt I needed to pee and waters broke as I sat lol
DS#1- at the dining table at home surrounded by friends original.gif
DS#2- at hossie
DS#3- in my partners ute
DD#2- hosp
DD#3- Hosp
DS#4- Hosp

#22 TeamBlue

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

DS1- OB broke them
DS2- i had ducked into the loo after being released from the monitor they strap to you. And I had never seen waters breaking so i was like ohmy.gif that's not pee ohmy.gif  laughing2.gif the OB was only new and she was like " ohmy.gif i better call my supervisor in the baby could be here in the next hour going by how you've laboured so far"She paniced more then me laughing2.gif

#23 Atomic Betty

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

DS - in labour at hospital whilst sitting on the loo.  I think he was born about an hour later.

DD - at home in bed.  It was about 6.30am, I was half asleep and thought I was wetting myself (sorry TMI!) so got up to go to the loo and whoosh!.  She was born 24 hours later.

#24 allure**

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

DS at home alone with no warning  - so much fluid I was lucky I wasn't at the shops...nervously awaiting baby 2 now unsure.gif

#25 Guest_Mamas~Got~Itchy~Feet_*

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

Edited by Itchy~Feet, 21 January 2009 - 05:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.