Where were you when your waters broke?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Chadvikise_*

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hospital, Hospital, Hospital and you guessed it, Hospital

#27 ~~JMC~~

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

I had to have mine broken by my OB in hospital both times.

#28 Morts!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

DD1 - In bed at 1.00am Sunday morning - I woke when I felt a tiny trickle and managed to make it to the ensuite without spilling a drop on the floor. As soon as I sat down on the toilet it all gushed out.

DD2 - Hind waters broke at home in bed, 1.00am Sunday morning again. The midwife broke the rest of the sack at hospital as it was bulging through my cervix apparantly. All I can say is thank goodness they didn't break properly at home or in the car because there was SO much fluid that there was a waterfall off the end of the hospital bed on to the floor. Even the midwife said she had never seen so much fluid in her life.

#29 Mummy~Mayhem

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

my water got broken by the dr at hospital the first time, so im so worried as  to when it will happen this time and how it will feel, be, all that lol,  unsure.gif

#30 tanyak1

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

DD1 - in hospital, by midwife for induction.

DD2 - in hospital, in transition, I didn't even notice.

#31 *maddierose*

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

dd#1 in hospital during transition
dd#2 induced were broken in hospital
ds#1 Whilst i was driving alone and stopped at a stop sign, No warning just a huge contraction and woosh.

#32 Becca1605

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

In hospital 10cm dialated.  DS was born 40 minutes later - very clean I might add roll2.gif

#33 Prawnstar

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

Mine was nothing really eventful. I felt a slight trickle at 3am on the morning of DDs birth, went to the toilet thinking I was wetting myself but it sure wasn't pee. No monumental gush, but a friend that had her baby a week after mine was. She is part owner of a veterinary surgery, and she was needling a puppy for a client she didn't know very well. It was two weeks to go before her due date, and then whoosh, all over the floor, my friend and her clients shoes! She wasn't impressed!

#34 Pocahontas

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

At home - about 3 hours into labour.

#35 whydoibother

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

1st time they broke them for me when i was induced, 2nd time i wass on the phone telling DF to get his butt home as I was having full on cx 7 mins apart and needed him...well he rushed home then!  Was funny as he wasn't going to rush home, but yeah mid conversation they broke  biggrin.gif taht was at 38+2w

#36 cheekymonkey

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

DS#1 - they broke at 3.30am Monday after 23 hours of contractions. There was so little fluid I just thought the force of a contraction had made me wet myself. There was no continuing trickling so even the midwives weren't sure they had broken. It was only when the OB tried to break them but couldn't and said she couldn't feel the membrane that they figured they must already have gone. The next time fluid came out was about 12.30pm. It wasn't til my sister was in labour 8 months later that I realised when mine had broken.  wacko.gif

DS#2 - in hospital for stage one of induction. That was a decent gush and kept trickling the whole labour.

DS#3 - while pushing him out, all over the floor between my legs (I birthed standing up). The midwives just threw a few towels and an absorbant 'kylie' over it so they weren't kneeling in a big puddle.  laugh.gif

#4 - hopefully not in bed/car/shops as my last 2 have been big gushes. There was no pre-warning with #3.

#37 ourlittlegirl

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Sitting on the toilet. Handy  biggrin.gif

Woke up at midnight needing to wee, sat down and pop went the waters. I was half asleep and thought it was a very big wee at first (it was almost 4 weeks before the due date so wasnt thinking of that yet).

#38 **dairymum**

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

1st 2 broken in hosp
3rd at home needed a wee (or so I thought laughing2.gif )got up made it to the toilet, and woosh, lots of fluid.  The contractions started imm.  Grabbed some towels went to loungeroom, wooosh even more fluid, under 2 hours #3 was here.

First 2 were about 11 hours each

#39 porphyrin

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

DS - Woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, waters broke then, very convenient  original.gif
DD - When I was 9-10cm dilated and in hospital.

#40 Mum2BennyJessie

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

DS: in hospital by OB during labour when I was 6cm (with the aim of speeding labour/delivery up ... which it did.

DD: again in hospital (by OB) just as she was being delivered.

original.gif

#41 simplelife

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

Both times they broke in bed without any warning.  I managed to get the bathroom before any leaked out into the bed thank god, it was a quick dash!

#42 ~wanting-more~

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

#1 No idea! We arrived at the hospital with me in labour to be told they had already broken?! unsure.gif

#2 In the hospital car park!

#3 broken by Dr in birthing suite.

I'm so scared that they'll break this time when i'm taking my kids to school/kindy!

#43 nessrose

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

DD1 - induced, had no idea waters had broken. Must have been a very slow trickle onto the pads I was already wearing.

DD2&3 (twins) - at home on the toilet.  biggrin.gif

#44 Em Cee

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

dd1- whilst having contractions in the birthing suite.

dd2-  
on the loo (how convenient  ) over 2 weeks early
  ditto!

#45 Alina0210

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

DS - 40wks + 6. broke without warning, just about to sit down on the computer.

DD - 40wks. Broke in the birthing pool. 22mins b4 she was born...they broke and my body started pushing, very weird feeling.

#46 *Moi*

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

DD1 - I stood up after having a nice nap (oh those were the days!) and woosh! Out they came! I wonder who cleaned that up...

DD2 - I was in labour, leaning on the back of the couch at The Birthing Centre.

#47 Jaymoo

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

DS1 - On the bed at the Birth Centre, accidentally broken by midwife while having an internal.
DS2 - in the shower at hospital, Ds born within 2 minutes.
D? - I haven't even thought about it but might just go and put a waterproof sheet on the bed and in the car asap!! ohmy.gif

#48 **sharon**

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

All three of mine broke just before it was time to push. Two on their own and one via Ob. We had the bed, couches and cars covered in plastic each time biggrin.gif .

#49 mumobi

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

1st - DD broke in bed. Had just got up to pee, got back into bed and drifted off when gush... ruined the mattress! lol She was born 12 hours later.

2nd - DS1 - no idea. Had meconium show but can't remember any waters breaking.

3rd & 4th - DS2 & DS3 - hospital. huge gush for DS4.. doctor was wearing raincoat type of thing.. how did he know? lol

DS4 - will let you know in a couple of weeks... I carry a lot of fluid so it could get messy.  tongue.gif

#50 JoshiesMum

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

DS -  10 days o/due - In hospital, I was induced and they broke these to 'get things moving'....

DD - In bed 4 days before my PLANNED C/SEC ohmy.gif was in such denial I assumed that for the first time EVER I had wet myself. I cleaned myself up and put myself back to bed roll2.gif 40 minutes later back up as I needed to pee (again) and realised I had wet myself THOROUGHLY again.... you would have thought that since I noticed I had 'lost my plug' when I cleaned myself up the first time that I would have realised what was going on..... unsure.gif Would have been handy to have packed my bag too laughing2.gif

oh - and by some MIRACLE I didn't wet the bed at all!! ohmy.gif Not quite sure how I achieved this as I went through 7 pads, two pairs of PJ pants, 2 tracksuit pants and 4 towels before we made it to the hospital laughing2.gif

Hmmm might get that plastic liner out.... but then again I would REALLY like a new bed dev (6).gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.