Where were you when your waters broke?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 White-Lily

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

At home in bed, no prior warning. Made it to the bathroom without making too much mess

#77 moomilker

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

first was a slow leak, didn't really notice it.

second, he popped the bag as his feet came out, (dad was about to atch him but wasn't sure, so stood back)

not sure I really want to have the full on embarassing experiance though. my sis says to take a empty bottle of water with you and pretend you spilt it! roll2.gif

#78 Xanadu25

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

DS - at home - broke slowly over a whole day.20hr labour then emrg cs under GA.

DD- was outside Coles inside a shopping centre when waters broke with a whoosh (like on tv and my biggest fear) and I went into spontaneous labour. Felt like a water balloon bursting in my belly.I was 1/2 hour from home and was rushed by ambulance to the hospital. My labour was put down as the actual 1/2hr in the ambulance and I had DD by emrg CS under GA.

Susie

#79 Wrangler

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

1# I was actually at the chemist paying for panadol, and I had a white skirt on, and it just poured down my legs, I was so embarrassed I cried.

2# was in the laundry, and once again, it just started pouring... It was actually scary the second time around because he was early, and All I could say was, Oh no not now, please not now..

#80 ness13

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Both times in the hospital, had to be broken by the doctors.  But I was absolutely petrified about them breaking while i was in public.. Hope all goes well for you original.gif

#81 heart-beat

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

Mine broke while sitting on the toilet! Typical of me... everything has a place haha. I figure if this time they break in public, so be it. At least someone else cleans up the mess if it's not at home (cheeky??)

#82 asignatureofthings

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

DD: I had ARM by the midwife, at hospital as I was being induced at 10 days over.

DS: I was sitting on the couch, with DD leaning against my belly. Felt the sudden urge to pee, so stood up and out they gushed. He was born 22hrs later, I had to be induced the next day as I wasn't getting any contactions.

#83 pearlnorma

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!! Like so many others mine broke while I was in bed. I had just got up for my middle of the night snack ( a constant in my life when I was pg!), I climbed back in to bed with my cup of tea and toast.... and started weeing myself - I couldn't stop!! I realised then that my waters had just broken - one day before I was due to be induced as I was 16days overdue!!

Don't worry about it- people are understanding!! Learn to laugh a lot - especially if planning on breastfeeding - sex will never be the same. There is nothing like your partner trying to set the mood by telling you you have gorgeous breasts ... just as they start squirting out milk!!! roll2.gif

Learn to laugh and maybe carry some pads and an extra pair of knickers in your handbag!! It will all be ok!

#84 cheekymummy

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

I too was really worried about my waters breaking, so much so, I called a towel and spare change of clothes with me  ddoh.gif I had a tiny little trickle in bed, but my waters broken with a gush at the reception desk of the birthing cetner as my husband said we are here to have a baby  ddoh.gif Right on cue  roll2.gif

#85 Wut??

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

with dd1 while i was in the throes of labour in birthing pool.  induced with twins so broken for me.

#86 Divine 37

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

DS- In hospital during induction.
DD- While online at 2am( insomnia)lol

#87 butimacheerleader

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

DD1 - in hospital by the Dr cry1.gif
DD2 - in the shower
DS1 - At the front of my mums house I didnt relise until I had driven home though lol

#88 I'MAMUM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:12 AM

#1 waters didn't break and he was delivered by elective c/s as planned.

#2 I was over being pg mostly because I could not sleep, decided to try nipple stimulation in the early hours of the morning.  Did that for quite awhile and quite hard.  I had a few twinges during the day down low but nothing to think that labour was about to start.  DH & I went to do a food shop that evening, they broke in fruit & veg at Woollies.  Fortunately, only enough for me to wonder whether I had wet myself or was that my waters?  We finished the shopping quite quickly and I had a few of the same happen along the way.  A bit more fluid was coming out each time until they were gushing but luckily I was home by this time.  Went to the hospital for a check, they admitted me and re-scheduled my c/s for early the next morning.  I was booked for the coming Thursday.  I hadn't dilated any when they checked.

#89 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

DS - My waters broke at home thank goodness.. I had severe back pain so decided to get up to 'walk it out'.. took two steps, heard a pop and then GUSH!!! smack bang into contractions 2 mins apart.. Ouchy!

DD - Caesar.

#90 ~funkymum~

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

Baby #1 ~ At home
Baby #2 ~ in hospital by dr

#91 ozrose

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

#1 Dr broke them .. no gush
#2 Dr broke them .. no gush
#3 Just left my BF wedding reception coz contractions were intensifying, was at my mums house standing on the tiles while my entire family plus extensions sat talking to me. I felt a scratchy feeling (almost like a pap smear but inside) and then guusssshhhhh. Everyone sat their looking at me with mouths wide opened.  roll2.gif Someone eventually got me a towel.

We laugh about it now and it is a great memory coz my whole family got to share that moment with me.

You wont even care when it happens you'll just be so excited, nervous, excited, anxious and excited that its happening!

Goodluck - I hope thats me again one day soon :-)

#92 JAPNII

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I was in a taxi. I was due to be induced the next day at just over 41 weeks and went to a movie - it might seem irresponsible but other two both induced, 1st at 42 weeks, 2nd at 41.5 weeks so I didn't think there was any issue.

In the movie I felt a contraction or two so decided to go home which was only 10mins away and took a cab. At the first speed hump - woosh! Waters broke big time. Poor cabbie had no idea what was going on - it was everywhere. I offered him money to get it cleaned but he never came back poor guy. The contractions were so strong by this stage DH called ambos who rushed me to hosp - sirens and everything! Babe 3 was born within the hour - breech.

#93 louie3

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

I had a hind leak on the Tuesday arvo, Went to the hosp and was put on moniter the next morning as I had high BP and wasn't feeling well.

DS hadn't engaged at this stage and I was booked in for a 3rd induction on the Sunday.

Sitting in the leather recliner at the hosp with the student MW and the other MW trying to keep track of DS's heart rate when I got a massive boot in the ribs, I felt his head drop into my cervx and I heard a loud pop, followed by water gushing everywhere.

That was around 11am? and DS was born the following morning at 5:09am.

I was meant to be in Safeway shopping with my Mum and Nana but the MW's kept me on the moniter a bit longer so Mum went to finish the shopping, Would have been so embarrased if they broke at the shops!!

Edited by louie3, 04 May 2009 - 02:33 PM.

#94 nels9

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

1st was on the lounge surfing the net on laptop - 12 hour labour.
2nd was in bed 5.50 in the morning - 1 hour 12 min labour.
Both 3 weeks early.
Will be camping out on hospital doorstep with #3.

#95 Feral-Lausii

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

My first child- during labour.

Second- at home.

Third- Again at home. Had been out at pool all day, was australia day in canberra and stinking hot. Got home and 5 minutes later, pop!

Fourth- went to toilet at around midnight. They burst on the toilet and less then an hour later my son was born. oomg2.gif

This time around I am hoping its just as quick and waters break at home!

#96 Rosalita

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

#1 - Hind water leak as I got off the couch, fore waters broken by Dr 7 hours later.
#2 - During final stage of labour, born 20 minutes later.
#3 - In the bath at the hospital while labouring.
#4 - While pushing in final stage of labour, shot out & went everywhere! Born around 10 minutes later.

#97 Guest_LandShark_*

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

#1 - on the hospital bed after I had got out of the shower
#2 - waters were broken to induce labour
#3 - in the birth pool about 20 minutes before she made her arrival original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.