original.gif

#2 ~*Bec*~

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

GOLD!!

#3 *~Bee~*

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

SILVER

if I beat Bec....NOPE

Edited by *~Bee~*, 28 August 2008 - 11:51 AM.

#4 ~*Bec*~

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

HA HA HA HA ~Bee~ i beat ya!!

Well ladies im sitting trying to do my daily dairy  wacko.gif  I wasnt sure if i was meant to have a daily diary and a portfolio per child, from what i am understanding i do  unsure.gif  So now i have been doing FDC since Feb 08 and my diary starts from what i can remember in August 08 Woops! Im not sure if it would matter alot as i do have there portfolios full of pictures and dates however i guess some dates are missing and i am now totally confused!
So i have started with August i have got myself a folder, in this folder i now have pictures of random things the children have been doing (the pics i have been able to get un-noticed) along with a few words on the weekly things we have done and at the bottom of each month i will set new observations for the month.
Each month will contain a list of our outings and special activities and things we plan on doing.

Any one could mension anything i am forgeting in my diary pls let me know, keep in mind i do have my diary (seperate) for where we have travelled for km's expenses and purchases and each child has there own drawing book and portfolio.

#5 biene_maja

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

Well, If nobody wants it I'll take

BRONZE! grin.gif

#6 Guest_Willambian_*

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

Wooden spoon then tongue.gif

#7 ChunkyChook

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

cry1.gif I'm back. God I am a drama queen.

My computer died last night and I just got it back.

Had a quiet day today with just my baby for 2 hours this afternoon. I had DD all day though.

Got a little bit of housework done. Going to mums for tea so I dont make anymore dishes.

Called up and made an appointment to enrol in Cert III on Monday and pay per unit as I go.

Not much else to report. Better go get organised to goto mums.

I would love to see some daily diary examples and things like that. I feel I am struggling with mine.

#8 forestfriends

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

I have communication books with a template glued in that i write on each day the kids are in care (nappy changes, food, drink activities) then i have another A4 book that i have written in what the group did as a whole including outings, playgroups etc

If anyone is interested the article went to print in my local paper today here is a link http://paper.questnews.com.au/QST_TNP/tnp018.pdf lets hope i can pick up some additional kiddies today :-)

Have a great day everyone

#9 daretofly

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hi all. Well my DD5 is sick again so care has been cancelled again.

Forestfriends - good article. hopefully  it will bring you some business and inspire others to look into being a care provider.

kodi - I copied out one of my days from my diary but it went all eskew for some unknown reason. I will try again later.

maren - I was looking at your other thread and was wondering why your scheme won't let you do overnight care. Is it lack of space? what a pain for you that they won't let you.

#10 *~Bee~*

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Ok as far as daily diaries, artwork, etc this is what I plan on doing. I have my Cert3 so had a fair idea, but also blatantly ripped of what DD's old daycare does LOL

1. I plan on having an A4 Daily Diary at the front desk (in my hallway LOL where they sign in) I will write a little story in there probably every day about what we did and occasionally a few pics.
2. Each child will have their own portfolio that will be written in probably every fortnight. This will be given to the parents at the end of the year. Will be put in a A4 Display folder and will have more information on things they learnt, enjoyed. Each page will have a little pics. Some of their artwork will go in there too. Kinda like alittle Scrapbook of their time over the year, but without the expensive scrapbook supplies LOL and this will be my christmas present to the parents.
3. Each child will also have a small exercise book which will have a pre-printed communication sheet. This is where the information regarding sleep times/what they ate/toilet training details and anyother comments will go in. this will be at the front desk so they can check it when they pick their child up.
4. Each child will also have a cardboard envelope to put the rest of their artwork in.
5. I will also have my diary open at the front desk so parents can easily see what we will be doing for the day.

Opps gotta do something for work quick, be back later

#11 *~Bee~*

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

The only other thing will be a plain scrapbook for the older children which I can paste worksheets on things like letters, numbers, shapes and colouring in for them to do with me. I already do this with DD and she loves her "Homework" book  laughing2.gif They can work on this in the afternoon when I sit down with my two to do homework. The younger kids can just do drawing or colouring in at this time too. Which will be good for school-readiness for them. I have a fair few books from when I did childcare so have plenty to choose from the photocopy (which shh ph34r.gif I am going to photocopy a STACK before I leave work to keep me going LOL)

Ohh and forgot to add that my diary will have the details of what we are doing and times for excursions like Playgroup. It will also have which children are booked in and for what times.

And Ill have a carboard manila envelope for each child that has our contract, and the weeks timesheet for the parents to sign. And this will be where I put any notes for the parent in too.

Does anyone do Excursions where the parent has to pay some too? I would love some more ideas on excursion and programme planning. I havent done any programme planning in quite awhile. Eventually I would like to have a month programme set up but I think it will take some settling in before this happens.

#12 ~*Bec*~

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:17 PM

Bee I go on excursions a bit, i try to get to the fun factory and things that my older 2 like as well as things the babyies can enjoy.
When the weather warms up a little im goign to be taking them to the Zoo & Aquarium and show them all the animals and thing, we will also go to floriade (flower festival) and have a picnic in September and i might also take te girls to the science centre for a play and so they can learn some things and have an ice cream...
We also go to the park atleast 2-3 times a week depending on the weather (for reference to those who live near a bunnings: There is usually a play centre insode the bunnings and a cafe, we go there for a FREE play and i have a coffee and slice while they play! Remember its FREE!).
As for parents paying for there childrens trips i am happy to tell them they have to pay for things and maybe give me a few extra $$ to buy there child a treat when we go out eg: an Ice cream, lolly pop, and maybe lunch if its a whole day outing. Please remember to also collect a receipt for EVERYTHING you buy or pay for for ALL day care kiddies as everything is tax deductable. EG: I take the kids to the fun factory, the entry price is $7-8 each and then we have some hot chips, i get a receipt for the outing and the chips so i can claim it on tax and i also then charge the parents, The reason i keep the reciept to claim it on tax is so incase 1 of my parents dosnt or can not pay for the outing im still going to be getting my money back!

Dont be afraid to ask the parents for money, they want to se there children are doing things and being happy.

#13 daretofly

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hi all. Well I'm sick! Glad it is the weekend and my non working one but hate that I feel so ill. My head is so sore and I am so cold, no wonder my poor kids were so miserable.
Nausea isn't too bad and hopefully I have the headcold part of the bug more then the stomach side.

Hopefully I will be well by monday and very much praying my DD11 doesn't catch it as she has a school camp monday!

Have a good restful weekend all and will catch you soon.

#14 *~Bee~*

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

daretofly ~ hope you dont spend the whole weekend sick. Hope you feel better quick.

Bec ~ Thanks for that, I was thinking of having the odd paid excursion but didnt know if it was really done.

Kodi ~ Hope things are starting to pick up for you. Things happen in threes so I think you are done with the badluck now biggrin.gif

#15 ChunkyChook

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

I hope so Bee.

It is my weekend with DD so we have had a slow morning packing away toys and getting ready for the cleaner at 11. So I am going to take her for a treat. Maybe brunch at a cafe and a trip to the park before the rain rolls in.

The boys have made it into the finals so we might go watch them tomorrow if the weather isn't bad.

Also have to search for some shade at bunnings this weekend and pick it up Monday ready for care as of Tuesday because our sun smart policy starts on the 1st of September.

Hope you all have great weekends.

#16 aejsmum

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Wish me luck girls, we are putting in an application for a new house that is around the corner. It's got an extra bedroom and doesn't appear to need any alterations to meet FDC requirements. Yay!!!

#17 forestfriends

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:38 AM

Goodluck Aejmum!

#18 daretofly

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

Hi all. Well kids and I are all back to normal (Hubby is not the best but he is still going to work) so it's back to work for me this week.

I only have two today and they are my young ones so I am going to continue with the shape and barnyard animals theme.

Kodi - I hope you have a better week this week. How did you go looking for something to shade at your house?

aejsmum - Goodluck with your application. That would be great if you get a house that meets FDC standards.

Bee - I do paid excursions and the parents are fine with it. I don't do them very often though (I am hopeless at thinking of where to go for excursions plus it's hard getting other adults to come with me to meet the ratio numbers for non routine excursions).

I hope you all have a great day.

#19 ~*Bec*~

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Well ladies, i have my baby today and my 2 kiddies so today is my chance to catch up on all my assignments for CERT 3. Only 2 months to go and sooooo much work to do.

So i had better go and start it, i hope everyone has a good day  original.gif

#20 ChunkyChook

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Well we had a relaxed weekend. How did everyone else go?

daretofly I have my fingers crossed for a better week.

I took DD out for brunch Saturday and then we had an easy day at home. Went to mums for tea. I cooked at huge batch of sausage rolls and took afew along.

Sunday the boys were in the baseball grand final and won the cup! They were a bit proud. The game got washed out but it was 5 innings so they called a game. They won by 5 runs.

Grabbed pizza on the way home and come home and watched the Wiggles dvd that come with the paper yesterday.

Off to get my shade at Bunnings after my 11am appointment to enrol for Cert III. Borrowing mums hubbys ute. He flies in from the US on Wednesday night. So DD will get home from her dads at 8 and we will drive to the airport. He is going to notice a difference in DD. He has been away for 4 months.

We start out 'transport' theme tomorrow so I am off to the library to get some books and then do some program planning this arvo after I get back from Bunnings.

If anyone has any cool idea give me a yell.

Ok better get motivated.

#21 biene_maja

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hi girls,

Couldn't get online the last few days.

Daretofly - Hope you're better by now. I wasn't feeling to well either. My scheme only allows overnight stay if it's an emergency (single mum going into hospital) or maybe for shift workers but I was hoping to offer it for parents who simply want a night out once in a while.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my scheme. Taking their time.

I was wondering what you all wrote in your application? My info doesn't give specific instructions/questions what to write. Do I just tell them why I'd like to do FDC?

Edited by maren, 01 September 2008 - 01:20 PM.

#22 *~Bee~*

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

maren ~ I would still offer overnight care through your scheme just use a more broad description of 'emergency' LOL I think needing a night out can be an emergency for some

Kodi ~ Can you post some of your programme planning. This is the one aspect I need a lot of refresher on.

Bec ~ You are probably busy doing your assignments while the kids are sleeping, hope you manage to get heaps done.

daretofly ~ Glad your feeling better now.

aejsmum ~ GOOD LUCK, hope you get it!

#23 ChunkyChook

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Bee I made a form up and just fill it out for each theme we do and then go into a little more detail in my daily dairy

I will use this weeks as an example, I haven't finished it yet.

Theme: Transport
Including: Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, Buses, Planes, Boats and Bikes
Songs: The wheels on the bus. Row, row, row your boat
Books: Off to the library shortly.
Art & Craft: Cut and paste magazine pictures. Make cars and trucks from boxes etc. Draw and paint planes and buses.
Cooking:
Other activities:
Notes/Evaluation:

I just use that to get me started and then work from there and go into more detail.

HTH

#24 daretofly

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Hi all. Well ended up having a quiet day today only one child.

Kodi - that is pretty much how I do my planning too. If something is really successful I highlight it so when flicking back for ideas it stands out.

maren - What a pain about overnight care. we have to get special permission if we are having kids longer then 24 hours but not overnight.

I was wondering what you all wrote in your application? My info doesn't give specific instructions/questions what to write. Do I just tell them why I'd like to do FDC?

That would be fine as that is what they will want to know.

Bec - If you need any help with cert 3 yell out as I still have all my stuff handy from when i did mine.

#25 ~*Bec*~

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hey ladies,

I have been slack i have had my cert 3 books in the back of the cupboard since Febuary and i keep putting it off now i have 1-2 mths to get 11 modules completed  ohmy.gif

I wish i could have studied today my DS and DD are sick and neither would sleep (not that DD ever does) and the baby was fussy then threw up all over me  sick.gif

I know its b/c i gave him 10-15mth baby food and he couldnt deal with the chunks.

hands.gif  for a better day tommorow and happy quite children so i can get some more done.

original.gif  original.gif  original.gif  Have a good night people chat tommorow  original.gif  original.gif  original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.