#1 Bel

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

New Thread Time original.gif

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=579863

#2 *~*~MelliE~*~*

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

GOLD

very quiet still, hope ur all ok  unsure.gif

Edited by melsb, 29 August 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#3 whydoibother

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

silver
ph34r.gif

#4 Melli

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Wow Bronze?

edit - Hah I got one! laughing2.gif

Gen had been screaming on me for about half an hour, and then she spied Dora on the tv and now she is laughing and talking to bloody Dora.  Cheeky baby!

Edited by Melli, 29 August 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#5 *boyzmummy*

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

Boobies for me then.........

Have a great weekend girls.

xo

#6 *~*~MelliE~*~*

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

bump

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

#7 Melli

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

Wow, it's pretty quiet in here.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

I just had to put a syringe in my bin.  Found it on the road a couple of houses down from us right where the kids and I walk.  I saw it there on the way to school this morning and made the kids give it a wide berth, and I picked it up on the way back.  Wasn't that keen on touching it but no way was I going to leave it there!  We've lived here 5 years and it's the first time I've ever seen one laying around, so fingers crossed it was just someone passing through and it's not going to become a regular thing  rant.gif

Now I am going to start looking for nappy icons.  Anyone else doing the hunt?

#8 Lalanoo

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

Is it too late to join this thread?  ph34r.gif

I never knew there were parents groups on EB  blush.gif

#9 nzmum

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

upandawayy - It's never too late to join :-) I see you are an itti bitti fan :-) You will find other MCN addicts here. I have a lime itti bitti arriving tomorrow. I am keen to see what all the fuss is about. I know Liv (Moopey) loves them.

Tell us a little bit about you and your lovely bub.

We are normally a lot chattier too - we are having a quiet patch.

We also chat every Wednesday night 8pm AEST on msn so we can talk in real-time. Please PM me if you would like the msn list. Or add me to chat tonight (in 1.5 hours!) I am mobyfuego at hotmail dot com

Melli -  blink.gif  A syringe  blink.gif  scary stuff. I can't be bothered doing the GDUNH this time around. Takes too much time as they are getting very sneaky. Also makes me want to buy more nappies and I am trying to be good and make them instead.

Had to laugh over Gen and Dora. Luca gets transfixed by the TV. He writhes on the floor to get himself in position to see it whenever it is on. Mia is addicted to Dora, so it's only a matter of time for him and Dora I think.

#10 Lalanoo

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

Hi nzmum, thanks for letting me know! Hope your lime itti arrived,  I  wub.gif mine (tend to hang out in the nappies section  blush.gif )

Well I'm 26, have a DS who is 3 and a bit, and DD was a homebirth on the 14th of April. We had a bit of a rough patch because my grandfather passed away on the 16th unexpectedly, so apart from needing time to grieve, I didn't have any of the family help that I'd expected  sad.gif Thankfully, we are all sorted out now! And DD has just had her first tooth come through  wub.gif

I'm not sure how to use MSN, but I will download it & hopefully get it figured out by next wednesday!

BTW, I just bought a sewing machine & hoping to sew DD some nappies & maybe some clothes as well  blush.gif

#11 *boyzmummy*

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

Morning girls waves.gif

Welcome upandawayyy and congrats on you homebirth!!! That is sad that your grandfather passed away, especially so close to having your baby!!! Hope things are a bit better for you all now, and yay on the tooth!!! Would be great to see you on chat!!

xo

#12 nzmum

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Luca learnt to roll over yesterday!! So cute  biggrin.gif  He is now practising today and I can see that I will get those demanding calls frequently now to come and turn him back over.

upandawayy - It's great you managed to get a homebirth. I have a few friends who've had them (here in NZ where it is pretty easy to organise) and I am always a little jealous. I was too chicken with my first in Australia and ended up with an emergency c-section, so too chicken after that to try a HBVAC.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. That must have been incredibly difficult to deal with.

#13 Stalkersue

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

Hi Upandawayyy,

Come and chat with us on MSN, we are all quite friendly just a bit mad and there are often multi conversations ay one time so don't be too overwhelmed, hope to see you there,

#14 Lalanoo

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Thank you *boyzmummy* for your kind words, things are a LOT better now original.gif

That's so cute about Luca nzmum, although it's made me a bit nervous about DD starting to get around by herself too! I'd like to keep her little & in one place for a bit longer!

Thanks to everyone who invited me to join your MSN chat, I was really looking forward to it this week & when I sat down ready today I suddenly realised.... it's THURSDAY! Doh! Yep, I'm a day off, so I'll have to wait until next week....

#15 lexiesmum08

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

hi ladies thought i would bump this thread up

im new to this forum, my name is courtney and I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter called Lexie who was born April 12th.

hope to chat with you all biggrin.gif
courtney

#16 kiaralee

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

Hi upandawayyy and lexies mum, yes we are having a quiet patch atm, but feel free to join us on msn,

upandawayyy: that is so sad about your grand father, i hope you and your family are begginning to heal. You are so brave having a home birth, both my bubs have been sick after being born so i have always relied heavily on the medical intervention after the birth, it would be so lovely to do it all at home wub.gif with no hospital

well cya next wednesday xx

#17 nzmum

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hi courtney :-) Great to hear from you. We are normally a pretty chatty bunch, so don't be put off by the quiet patch. We have a live chat session every Wednesday night on MSN - it's manic but great fun. I will send you a PM so please remember to check them!

No personals 'cos I'm slack  tongue.gif

Luca is rolling from tummy to back now as well as from back to tummy. He isn't quite as good at it though and has only done it a couple of times so far.

I have expressed again today and my milk is no longer blue - a great relief. It was a distinct blue in hospital and freaked me out. I got the nurses to ring and check with maternity to make sure it was ok to give to Luca.

I am feeling loads better and even went out today for lunch with DH. Hid myself with a scarf, but did pretty well really. I am still sore and not up for my normal manic activities, but I am getting there.

#18 add1more

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hello mummies - remember me?  I'm back.   wub.gif

Can't believe my little man is 5 months already.  Goes to show what my last 5 months have been like - I haven't logged onto EB since May.  Naughty me.   blush.gif

upandawayyy - welcome.  Our babies share the same birthday.  Congrulations on your successful home birth.  I am way too much of a chicken to give that a try.

lexiesmum08 - welcome also.  You'll find all the ladies in this forum very welcoming.

nzmum
- I'm a bit out of the loop.  Have you been ill?  I hope you are on the mend and enjoying better days.

#19 nzmum

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi Jo! So nice to hear from you. It feels like it's been ages. How's Ben doing?

nzmum - I'm a bit out of the loop. Have you been ill? I hope you are on the mend and enjoying better days.

I have been "ill". Lumps in my thyroid and neck that the Dr's thought were almost certainly cancerous. I'm just back home after surgery to remove lumps and am waiting on pathology results. Good news means this is it no more treatment, bad news means another operation and radioactive iodine treatment (which means no more breastfeeding or even seeing my bubba and kids for 2 weeks). I am actually very optimistic as good results were seen in surgery, looks like they may have been wrong!

I got my 5 month immunisations reminder letter this week.  sad.gif  I hate taking my babies in for their needles. These ones seem to have come around so very quickly. I wonder if in years to come our kids will look back on how primitive injections were and be shocked that we caused pain to do good?

#20 Lalanoo

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:46 AM

Hi kiaralee and add1more  biggrin.gif  5 months! I also can't believe it...

nzmum - I didn't realise you were ill either  sad.gif  hope the pathology results are good news, do you know how long they take to come back? Will be thinking of you.

DD has been very sick for quite a few days. Yesterday we finally got a Dr who actually diagnosed something, rather than ordering more tests! Holding a 5 month old still for more blood to be taken is not fun.

She has a few things going on - severe eczema, a viral infection (causing a red rash all over her body), hand, foot & mouth disease (thanks playgroup  glare.gif) & add to that, thrush from my antibiotics! My poor baby. She hasn't stopped crying for the last five days, and hasn't had a proper feed for three  cry1.gif She is quite dehydrated, so if she doesn't pick up today she will be going into hospital for some fluids.

I also met up with a friend on Sunday who had been in contact with a poor little baby who was in hospital fighting against meningoccocal. She didn't tell me until we'd been there about an hour! So now I need to watch DD & DS for signs of that as well.  cry1.gif

Maybe I should have posted this in venting, it was meant to be an explanation of why I probably won't make it to chat this wednesday either!  cool.gif

Hope everyone else is doing heaps better than us!

#21 nzmum

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

upandawayyy - That doesn't sound like much fun at all. Poor bubba. I hope she feels better soon as it sounds very miserable.
Menigiccocal is actually very difficult to spread. So unless you were kissing your friend and drinking from her cup etc, you should be fine.

My results come back on Thursday morning 11am. I am counting down!

#22 cantthinkofone

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Not part of your group but i though i'd BUMP it up for you original.gif

Edited by cantthinkofone, 06 October 2008 - 01:02 PM.

#23 nzmum

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Thanks Cantthinkofone  biggrin.gif  Love your username by the way :-)

Results are in - No cancer  biggrin.gif  I am obviously over the moon!

Luca is feeding so frequently these days. Through the night he's almost permanently attached, which is very tiring. I am concerned my supply has been damaged by needing the bottles for a while there and hasn't recovered. He also might be super ready for solids, so I am planning to start them this week. Big milestone! I know heaps of you have started already, but I wanted to delay until 6 months. The less faffing around I need to do (and solids is lots of extra faff) the better!

I will be back to update how the first taste went!

#24 cantthinkofone

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Thought i'd bump you guys up again, you really don't talk much at all do you? laughing2.gif

BTW nzmum - congrats on the no cancer

#25 Lump-of-Coal

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

J - Best news I've heard all year biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.