April 08 Parents # 25

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Monket

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hi Ladies

Can I rejoin??  I think I posted once months ago and haven't posted since!  It does seem very quiet in here at the moment.

My name is Heather and I am mum to Griffin and Carys.  Carys was supposed to be a May baby but chose to join us 6 and a bit weeks early.  I guess we aren't really doing the same things as you guys (ie starting solids, etc) just yet but I am sure we will catch up.

Yay nzmum on your path results.  That must be a huge relief.

Anyhoo, if nothing else I have bumped us to the first page!

Cheers
Heather

#27 chantelle*s-mummy

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

hey, i am a new member... i have a little girl born 12 april 08.

#28 natasha77

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

blush.gif  Ooops another one guilty of dropping away! I tried to get back into it but failed a couple of months ago!!

I'll try again!!

I won't launch into a huge 'me' post just to say that Henry is well and happy and sitting and eating and just the most adorable boy we've ever known!  wub.gif  I can't believe he'll be 7 months next tuesday. Where did the time go (and can I have another one please!!?)

Hope everyone's well and kisses to the babies.

Nx

#29 Monket

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Gosh, we are a chatty bunch aren't we??  Just bumping us up.

#30 Lalanoo

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

Hi again ladies - yet another one guilty of dropping out  blush.gif

Big congrats to nzmum with the no cancer result!! You must be so relieved  original.gif

How are you going Monket and Carys? When do you get to start solids, etc? I'm sorry I don't know a lot about little premmie ones, 6 weeks sounds so early  unsure.gif

Zahlia is learning to crawl  wacko.gif I know I should be proud of her & all that - but I'm just freaked at the idea of chasing two kids around. DS has been having some 'behaviour issues' at the moment - huge tantrums, running off & disappearing into crowds, telling me he's going to 'kill me'!!!  ohmy.gif I think he's a pretty normal 3 1/2 year old, but at the moment I just don't know how to handle the both of them!

Apart from that - alls well original.gif

Hows everyone else doing? What are the babies doing? Any super early walkers? Who's sitting up, crawling, climbing? Loving/hating solids? Babbling to themselves?

Be lovely to have a bit of a conversation going in here  grin.gif

Just adding: I made Zahlia some food yesterday - pea, garlic & yoghurt - which she loves!! And roast tomato, garlic & beetroot - yummo! I've just pureed them and the house smells beautiful!  laughing2.gif

#31 kcruisin

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

hello girls!
I have peeked in on you a few times while we were pregnant (doesnt that already seem a lifetime ago!!!) but haven't really posted.  I am bad at keeping up I must admit...
I have 2 April boys, DS2 was born the day before he was due, on the 29 April...

He is just gorgeous, so fat and yummy!!! loves his food (like DS1) but makes mealtimes miserable by screaming every second there is no food in his mouth!!

just thought I would check in and see what kind of milestones your bubs are reaching, but it seems very quiet!!

So, if you do pop in, let us know what clever tricks our cuties are up to!

#32 nzmum

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

waves.gif It looks like we are starting to get a few people chatting again.

I'll be back later for a proper post.

#33 Lib

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Just popping in to bump your thread and to say Hi. I'm actually part of the May group as I was due on May 1st, but DD Eleanor, arrived by elective CS on 24th April so I thought I'd have a look and see what other April bubs are doing. We also have a DS who's three and a half.

Eleanor is no where near crawling, just lies on her tummy and kicks flat out. I can sit her up with a v-pillow for support otherwise she eventually topples. She's having solids - though I have to admit very boring options compared to Zahlia's menu! I'll have to get more creative.

nzmum - great news re the pathology results. Must be a huge weight off.

#34 Lalanoo

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

hi kcruisin, nzmum, Lib & all the other april mums original.gif

Is everyone being kept busy with their little ones?

Lib - my 'recipes' are straight from this book - and they are fantastic to make (and to eat!)

Unfortunately DD has decided she doesn't like potato. Hates it. Spits it everywhere. It's driving me bonkers at the moment, because we tend to eat a lot of potato based dishes, so it's frustrating to have to cook two different meals at the same time  wacko.gif

The kids have been quite sick, so they are having a nap (together!  biggrin.gif ) and I'm writing a list of housework to be done rather than actually doing it  rolleyes.gif

How is everyone going?

#35 nzmum

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

That's funny about the potato. I remember my older girls hating it for ages too! I can't understand it, potato is good  cool.gif

Luca still hates lumps. He does a great gagging "you're killing me mum" expression. So puree's a go go at our house.

He has been up on hands and feet for weeks now, but hasn't worked out that all he needs to do is move his arms. sigh... It will come, but this stage is proving very long.

My oldest daughter turns 5 on Monday. It's such a milestone. Here in NZ this means that she starts school on Monday too! I have been racing around doing school visits. It's quite odd being back at primary school laughing2.gif

#36 Rosie*Posie

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hi gals,

Have PM'd most of you so please check and hope to see you in the other thread!

R

#37 Kyzza30

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi,
I am looking for the April 08 group i was in but havent been able to get time to come on until now! would love to get back in touch with you all???
Ky

#38 *Fairy-Juice*

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

Seems like we are all very busy with our bubs,lol.

Hope we can get this thread up and running.

DS is doing great,still not walking yet but stands on his own.Im in no rush with him walking so its all good.

He will be 13 months on the 21'st so its still abit early anyway.

He talkes well calles food and milk dinner and just tonight he called me Ma instead of mum.He says alot but you have to really listen as he has a deep voice.He loves saying good good for everything.
He has 8 teeth and I can feel his molars are in the gums.
He loves using hand gestures when he babbles and points at stuff sometimes,he waves when we leave the house and now he also knows how to kiss and actually comes and snuggles up to me and kisses me.To cute.

Im really enjoying him now.

Hope we can all catch up soon.

Mel

#39 peppaharrison

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

HELLO LADIES!!!??? Just trying to get the group up and running again. Where is everyone? Whats been happening??

#40 ~Girk~

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hi peppaharrison,

Yep, April 08 mum's are still chatting.... I will PM you the details.

cheers
Addison

#41 fatmumslim

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi there,

My daughter was born in April 08 and I'd love to chat with other Mother's with little ones the same age. It seems like it may have been quiet in here for a while though? mellow.gif

#42 rachael-f

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

Hello ladies, My name is rachael, I have a boy Samuel, born April 08.  I was part of this group during the pregnacy, and have only just returned.
I do hope everyone is doing well, and if anyone would like to catch up I would love to say hi. biggrin.gif

#43 Hope.4.f

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

hi ladies. ive recently became an EB member and spotted this group. would love to join in if thats ok. looks like fun! original.gif i have a little boy born april 5,08, and recently had our second, little girl, who is 5 weeks. busy busy!

#44 Sandra

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Bumping

#45 HiddenJewel

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Okaaaayyyyy, this is a long shot, but are there any April 2008 Mummies (or Daddies) out there??? I know there is 'something' about these 2008 babies biggrin.gif and would dearly love to chat with other parents. I am actually struggling with my independent, high spirited, middle child. I love him to the moon and beyond but far OUT!!! lol

#46 HiddenJewel

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Helloooooooo??????

#47 cosmo23

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

hi

is it too late for me to join??

im 27 in Melbourne, my little man has just turned 3

#48 ~ Claire ~

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi Lovely Ladies

lol Not sure if anyone come in any more but i thought i would come in say HI.

I'm Claire, 29 i have 3 kids .. My eldest was born 8th April 08. We are due with our 4th bubba on the 4th April 2112.

Hope some other April 08 mummies are around love getting to know new people.

#49 SparkleSpaz04

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Heya!! Never knew about parent groups till I had my son in September 2011 so I thought I'd see if it would be okay to join in for my daughter who was born 2nd April 2008 original.gif

Doesnt look like this group has been very busy lately but would love to chat to other mums (or dads) going thru that testing 3 year old stage LOL!

My DD's name is Kiara Scarlett.. shes my little stunner! cant believe she will be 4 in just over 4 months.. its a little crazy to think that if feels like yesty I was pregnant with her and now its 2011 and have just had baby no. 2!

Anyways.. hope you all have a great christmas original.gif hope to hear from someone (anyone haha) soon! biggrin.gif

#50 Lump-of-Coal

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Booooooooooo!
haha, I finally managed to get back in here girks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.