June 02 Parents # 73

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 sallan

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

Hi All,
We had a great Xmas day. The boys were soooo excited. They didnt get up any earlier which made it even better
It was a bit strange though, as the last few year we have all opened our stocking gifts together, this year, they wanted to move onto the bigger presents. That of course, involved constructing everything. I was in bed alone opening mine- weird.
They got most of what they had asked for. Liam is heavily into Lego Agents and spent all day with that. Owen got a Speedracer Ice track and loves it.
It was only yesterday that they moved onto different things.
DH got an inflatable dinghy boat before Xmas and took them out in it on Boxing day. It was a big hit, but the bigger hit was when Dh filled it up with water on the deck for them to have a mini swimming pool!!!LOL
We are all being very lazy, going to bed late and getting up late,  but its sooo nice not having to rush out to school at 9am.

Em- was surprised to see that Patrick had gone on the plane himself. How brave, not sure Liam would do that.
I have a thread going in the Primary school and older kids section about him being afraid of movies, so you might understand what I mean!!
How nice to have some time just with Beth.

We havent any plans, this week or for New Year. Will get back into things properly next week I expect.
Hope you all have a great New Year
Sal

#27 nic74g

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.
We have been trying to keep cool as well as occupied these last few days.
I am back at work on Monday. Aiden will go to vacation care and Ella back to her last year of day care!
The kids have been enjoying their Christmas presents. Ella tell everyone she got a bouncy ball. It seems to be her favourite.
Santa was not overboard this year but they get so much from family the pile doubles. They have had fun discovering bits and pieces...I put everything in their Santa sack and they had a little look every now and then. They are finally empty.
Looking at another hot day, thinking about the beach but need to get out early. Some of the roads will be shut at some point for NYE celebrations as well.
No plans for tonight. The Newcastle foreshore is a family event but I am not keen to be amongst quite so many people.
Hope everyone has a SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Cheers

Nicole

#28 Freckles

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELY LADIES!

I hope that 2009 is full of wonderful and happy things, including fabulous health. original.gif

We had a very boring NYE. I saw the New Year in like this: ssleep.gif  tthumbs.gif I had the good sense to turn my phone off (apparently only freaks are asleep at midnight and I get caught out every year nno.gif ) and snoozed the New Year in. Andew was up for it, by himself. laughing2.gif

We are having a very quiet few days after Patrick headed off to Canberra on Monday. It's back to 1 child for us ATM, until the weekend when we got to Canberra for our Christmas visit and then bring Patrick home with us. The great thing about that is that the remaining child still has a 2 1/2 - 3 hour day sleep! ddance.gif

Nic - Enjoy heading back to work on Monday. Not that you will enjoy work per se, but it will probably be nice to have a break from the kdis. tongue.gif I can't believe Ella is starting her last year on daycare! Geez, that time has flown. wacko.gif

Sally -
I was in bed alone opening mine- weird.
Sounds like heaven! grin.gif That boat sounds like a great gift, serving more than one purpose. biggrin.gif

waves.gif all round. Hope you are all having a fabulous day to start the New Year. original.gif Can you believe that our babies will be 7 this year?!

#29 sallan

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR all.
We were very lazy too, didnt go out or anything. I stayed up until 11.30pm and then that was it for me. I was glad to see most people texting before midnight though, must be getting old like me!!! original.gif
No plans for today either. Just a quiet one.
I know Em, 7 is getting big eh?

Meant to ask a few things- how heavy are your kids? How tall? What size feet?
How many teeth have they lost?

Gonna take Liam and Owen to the dentist this month.
Liam has lost one tooth but it got pulled out, wasnt ready. He still has tongue tie and that has made a gap between his bottom teeth. The dentist said last time that if it happened with his second teeth we may have to snip the tongue tie. I WILL NOT be in the room when they do that!! Liam will scream the place down! He wont let me anywhere near him with a needle. Hopefully it wont come to that.

Anyway all I ahve to get for uniform this year is shoes. I took a pic of his old school shoes that he had had for a year. Well you can imagine the state of them. Im going to do a scrap page about them.

Well hope everyone has a good New Year
Sal

#30 Guest_Chadvikiseru_*

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hi everyone

Haven't been up to much. We went to Adelaide for a week a few weeks ago, then just had a quiet Christmas. For NYE I slept and DH worked.

Chloes report was good, she got C's for everything and every teacher had nothing but praise for her. I couldn't beleive how many prep children got kept down though. They had to make a whole new prep class, so instead of 4 they now have 5. We where a bit worried about the twins not knowing anyone since they went to kinder at a childcare centre a few suburbs away, but they are in classes with some of Chloe's friends and know a few kids from little athletics.

how heavy are your kids? Chloe is 20kg
How tall? 110cm
What size feet? size 13
How many teeth have they lost? none

#31 Freckles

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

how heavy are your kids? How tall? What size feet?
How many teeth have they lost?

Patrick is 22kg (having been 20kg for a really long time LOL). Not sure of height - last time I measured him he was 114cm, but that was a good few months ago now. Maybe 118? He hasn't lost any teeth, hasn't even got any wobbly ones! He has younger school friends that have lost 3-4. wacko.gif As for shoes, he's been in a 13 but I think will be into a 14 (or is it 1 next??) when we next new school shoes for the year.

Sally - Like you, we only have to get school shoes for uniform this year. Patrick's shoes held up pretty well, until very late in the piece. About 3 weeks before the end of school they started to look very trashed. biggrin.gif

#32 nic74g

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

My gigantour is
Height: 130cm
Weight: 34 kgs
Shoe: 2
Teeth, four (2 top, 2 bottom) with 4 loose.

I am only 155cmm tall so it seems a bit rediculous that my 6 year old is up to past my chest.
It can also be a problem when he acts young and people give odd looks. I have to remind people he is 6, they often think 8 or 9

Ella on the other hand is small for her age and people think she is super intelligent (maybe I should let them believe ie (lol)

Cheers

Nicole

#33 Freckles

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

My gigantour
laughing2.gif laughing2.gif

#34 sallan

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

Firstly Chadvikiseru, Congratulations on baby number 6- you crazy woman!! biggrin.gif
Cant imagine having 6 let alone 3. You must be sooo organised. Noticed Ruby is gonna be another June baby, how lovely. Hows the morning sickness going?

Heres Liams bits and bobs- so to speak!!! biggrin.gif
how heavy are your kids?  24kg
How tall? 120cm
What size feet? size 12
How many teeth have they lost? one by accident, one a bit wobbly he tells me

Wow Nic, bet youre a bit worried how tall he will be! That amazing for 6. How is he compared to his classmates?

Em- Liams shoes were awful. He played a WallE game at school for about the last month and that involved walking around on his knees, his poor shoes had holes at the end of the toes and of course he got through a pair of pants in the knees in that time too.
I hate throwing pants away when they are perfectly good apart from holes on the knees, so Im going to make a couple of pairs of shorts out of them.

Well hope everyone had a good NY.
No plans for the weekend, maybe go to the sandcastle display if the weather improves
Sal

#35 Freckles

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

Hi girls,

We went to Taronga Zoo yesterday, coutresy of some friends who not only paid for our entry but also paid for our lunch! We had a great time. Beth refused to sleep all day ohmy.gif but at least sat happily in the pram for most of it and was cheerful. Patrick had an absolute ball. The biggest ht by far and away was the reptile house, which also had dinosaur fossils. biggrin.gif He told Andrew that the best bit was the Komodo dragon, followed by the statue of the ancient (crocodile-like) amphibian. laughing2.gif I forgot to take my camera ddoh.gif but our friend had hers, so hopefully I'll have some pics soon to post. original.gif

Sally - Wall-E game? Sounds very hard on uniforms! Patrick and co are into Star Wars and Lego games ATM.  wacko.gif  biggrin.gif

Hope you are all well and surviving the school holidays ok. Life has improved here since Christmas itself is over. Also we have lots of things on over the next couple of weeks, so hopefully he won't have time to be bored!

#36 sallan

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hi Girls,
Im on my own today. The boys have gone to the Hot Road thingy wotsit on Philip Island!!LOL. I have been up to the shops and spent a bit of money, mainly on birthday presents. Why are these friends and family so inconsiderate in having birthdays in January???? LOL
I have plans to scrap and do some card making now and then maybe clean my car if I have time, which Im sure Ill make sure I havent!!!LOL
We had a busy week with playdates and mothers group. etc. It was lots of fun. I took Liam and his mate to the library for an activity. They made a dinosaur diarama. Liam was very into it, which really surprised me. He was so excited to show Owen, who had been playing with his girlfriend all that time!!LOL
Next week we are off to a playcentre with mothers group and the boys are having their annual photo taken.
They have giftcards to spend too so we will probably spend about a day in Target with them trying to decide what to get.!! rolleyes.gif
More playdates too, so never a dull momment here.

I have to get some time to get Liams some school shoes too, but will wait a while for them.

Well hope you are all having a good time
Sal

Edited by sallan, 10 January 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#37 Freckles

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Sally - A day to yourself... woo hoo! biggrin.gif

Update on the teeth front: Patrick's two bottom teeth are very very wobbly and I expect they will be out in the next couple of days. I have to confess that I am incredibly excited about it all. rolleyes.gif Is that sad? laughing2.gif My baby is turning into a real big boy now! tongue.gif

#38 Freckles

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

Quick Q: how long does it take for the teeth to come out? Patrick's bottom front two are incredibly wobbly, I can see one new adult tooth coming up rapidly behind it and no sign of the baby teeth coming out. Should I be concerned?

#39 sallan

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

HI Em,
Im sure it will be fine. If the front one doesnt come out and its causing trouble for him to eat/talk etc then it would be a concern. It will come out soon Im sure.
Sal

#40 Freckles

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Sally. original.gif

Em

#41 sallan

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi Em- No worries. Hope it comes out soon.

Well I am very proud of my little man today.
Both boys got giftcards from Nan to spend. I thought it would be a good idea to take them out to choose after the Xmas period for all the sales. Well of course Ive left it way to late and theres not alot of stuff left. We went to all the major stores and in the last one, good ole Big W, Liam found what he was after. He got a Lego agents and a Lego racer car. Well of course they only had one of each left so poor Owen couldnt get one, as we didnt want 2 the same.
We wandered around looking for other suitable stuff but there just wasnt any. I told him that I would take him back maybe next week to choose something then, when they have hopefully got some more stock in.
He didnt make a fuss and big bro Liam was chatting away about his new things.
I pointed out to Liam quietly, without Owen hearing that Owen might be upset that he hadnt chosen anything and maybe it would be a nice thing to share the ones he had.
He promptly went and handed a box to Owen and told him that he could share when they got home.
Owen didnt cry or anything on the way home. I was so proud of him. If it was the other way round, Liam would have made such a fuss I know.
Owen understands that he will eventually get something and is happy to share his big bros.
Im so lucky to have such wonderful boys who are growing up to be such wonderful brothers.
Right boast over, before I get emotional!!!LOL

Hope everyone else is going well. Not long before school starts again eh? Not ready for that, really enjoying the hols.
Sal

#42 Freckles

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

Sally - Aw, that's a lovely moment! You must be very proud of Owen.  wub.gif I'm sure Patrick would have cried (while trying not to LOL) under the same circumstances. rolleyes.gif

#43 nic74g

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hi ladies

Emma, I rang the dentis to check when this hapenned with Aiden. They said it was no problem and just keep wobbling them around. It took a couple of weeks before they came out though.

Sally, very lovely story with your boys. They are growing up and they understand more than we think.

I love that Aiden is really starting to show his sense of humour.

I had a weekend in Melbourne with a couple of friends. It was good but I actually spent most of the time thinking I would have enjoyed it more with DH! We go well together when visiting other cities. My roomies complained that I snored (like I can help it) anyway, it was my birthday and it was good to have a good look around melbourne(35). I got myself a nice pendant at the markets and did a HEAP of walking. It is a great city.

Well, I am on leave from work, Aiden is at vacation care and Ella at daycare. I need to get off the computer and try and clean out the kids rooms (it is time for a throw out).

Take care all

Nicole

#44 Guest_Chadvikiseru_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:18 AM

Hi everyone

Not much happening here. I had my morph scan yesterday, turns out we are having a boy, not a girl  oomg.gif. I think I'd trust the lady who did yesterdays scan more, she went into more detail than I've ever seen anyone go into. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see who was right lol.

Em: Chloe has a wobbly tooth, she's had it for just over a week now, it still hasn't come out. It's her first and she's my first, so I'm not sure how long it'll take. Doesn't look like there is an adult behind it though.

Nic, good luck with the clean out. I often do ours when the kids are out.

Sal: You have some very sweet boys there. Adrian would have thrown the biggest tantrum in the shopping centre, started kicking and punching me, continued it on the way home. We would have had to stop and threaten to kick him out the car just so DH didn't have a crash with all his carry on, then he'd be in his room, kicking and punching on the walls for the whole afternoon  ddown.gif. Though I am holding out Seth isn't like that, he so far seems to be a kind little boy.

#45 Freckles

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

Carmen - Well another boys rounds thing out nicely in your household! biggrin.gif Must be a bit weird though, having thought that this one was a girl. Remember you can't be sure until bub is actually out, unless you have an amnio or CVS of course. biggrin.gif

Nic - Thanks for that. Both teeth are extremely wobbly but still in there. One adult tooth is through the gum and the other is right there but not actuyally through. I guess I have another week ro so for it all to get sorted. I'm anticipating the tooth fairy visit already! biggrin.gif Hope you didn't spend the whole day cleaning and had some time to yourself. tongue.gif Sounds like a great trip to Melbourne and belated happy birthday! original.gif

Not too much longer until our babies head back to school. I had good news yesterday that the planned school strike for NSW for next week looks to be off so Patrick heads back to school on the Wednesday instead of Friday. BTW, the news about the strike being off is from the DET emails that Andrew receives being a teacher, so a reliable source. Apparently the wage/conditions case is now before the Industrial RElations Commission which is why they've called off the strike.

Hope you are all well. original.gif

#46 sallan

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

HI everyone,
Cooler today thank goodness. Got up to 41 in the city yesterday ( Melbourne) but thankfully not that hot here, although we were out on a Mothers group trip to Arthurs seat. Pretty hot there.
Well the next bit to the story about the giftcards is, the following day that we got Liams toy, Owen wakes early, comes into my room, wakes me up and says
`Its a lovely day to spend a giftcard mum` I think I just groaned and rolled over and told him to go and speak to DH who was awake!!
Dh is a bit like me in that he cant resist Owie. Theres something about him, which really pulls at your heart strings.
Dh was supposed to be going into work- ( Saturday) but said he would take Owen to another town to find him a Lego Racer. I was a bit gobsmacked as I had told Owen to wait until the end of the week when the shops would have more toys on their shelves. They took off together and Liam and I went on a bike ride. Its much easier for me to ride my bike with Liam on his 2 wheeler, without Owen coming. We have to stop and start all the time when he comes with us.
Liam obviously doesnt have gears on his bike but he kept up with me most of the way, even on the hills, his lttle legs going mad.LOL
Anyway I get a  text from Dh saying that the shops at this other town has no Lego racers and he is going to another town!!! Hes mental.
Eventually 4 hours later they arrive home with owen clutching his new car!! Thank goodness for that!!
He only spend half of his money though, so muggins here has to go looking again, but NOT for a VERY long time!!!LOL biggrin.gif
So they are both happy now making their cars jump ramps most of the day.

Carmen- I was shocked when you told me how Adrian would react in the same situation.  I know Owen is pretty good about things like that, but even if he wasnt Im sure he wouldnt kick a fit such as Adrian would.
Liam would have cried and got very upset and sulked but he wouldnt become violent.
Thats a bit worrying.
How weird to find out youre having a boy after being told its a girl. I dont think I would know who to believe.

Em- Liam returns to school Feb 2nd. Im off to get him shoes today. I saw this particular shop is having a school shoe sale, bet they dont have Liams size!!
Im free today, as you know. I will pick him and his bro up around 3pm and then go and get the shoes.
They will be tired after that. I will have my friends kids next Weds. Once Liam is at school then I just have Lil and Owen to play on a Weds but Liam goes to Harveys house for tea after school and vice versa the next week. Its a great arrangement for the kids and for us mums.

Well better get moving or all my free time will be gone.
Take care
Sal

Edited by sallan, 21 January 2009 - 10:21 AM.

#47 Freckles

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

Just whizzing through from my dad's computer in CAnberra. having a lovely long weekend away. Patrick is staying with my sister and her family again. He just adores my nephew (almost 10yo). And guess what? he finally lost the first of those 2 wobbly teeth! ddance.gif Of course I missed it, as he was at my sister's place at the time. cry1.gif Still, she was thrilled as she missed her DS' first tooth as he was at his dad's at the time, so she was really excited which was nice. original.gif

Better go. Hope you are all having a fabulous long weekend. We're heading home to Sydney tomorrow and Patrick is back to school on Wednesday. I had to make sure everything was ready before we came away for the weekend! Hope you are all ready for school too. original.gif

#48 Freckles

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Patrick is back at school today. ddance.gif I'm waiting (rather impatiently LOL) for the day to end so I can hear all the news of the day, hear about his new teacher etc. At least last year when I came home from school I knew what his teacher looked like and what her name was! LOL biggrin.gif

Oh and Patrick lost his 2nd wobbly tooth, also at my sister's. So the first 2 teeth have been pretty cheap for me! laughing2.gif

#49 sallan

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

HI Em,
Glad the teeth came out ok. How much did your sister pay- whoops I mean the tooth fairy!!! original.gif
I hope you will reimburse her!!!! original.gif
So didnt you know who Patricks new teacher was going to be?
Didnt you meet her/him at the end of last year?
Thats weird.
Liam knows and is very happy. I wasnt so happy as this lady is a bit like a sargeant major. I didnt think Liam would take to her, but hes happy, so we will see what happens.
She is also the gym teacher so hopefully he will become more sporty.
Well better get going. The boys have their friends coming in a mo and then Owen has a kinder visit and Liam is going to another friend- and its going to be 41!!!
Got his shoes yesterday so we are now all set
Sal

#50 nic74g

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

We made it though the first day of year one.

Aiden didn't know who his teacher would  be either. I didn't find out until I went to pick him up. He is happy so I am happy. He is also in a class with a number of friends from last year which is great. He is not placed with the kid that he clashed with last year (phew).  They assured me they would be separated but you never know.

There are three full year one classes and one composite with kinder.

I need to get him a new sports shirt but will wait till next week. They only sell them at the school and I am sure the clothes shop will be going crazy this week.

Been enjoying being off work. Back on Monday :-( Am dreading that thought of more days next year when Ella goes to school. I have told DH that I want at least one week day of no work.

Well, better get these kids organised.
Take care all

Nicole

ps Sally, out tooth fairy give $2 per tooth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.